Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone else ever feel a twinge of sadness looking at older pictures and advertisements of pets knowing they are almost certainly dead.

No, I think about how happy they were in life and their kitty grandkids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone else ever feel a twinge of sadness looking at older pictures and advertisements of pets knowing they are almost certainly dead.

no not until someone says something like this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think about how they were all quickly adopted into loving homes and lived long happy lives there. Do not try to convince me otherwise

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sorry, they just seem like cool cats and I'm sad I could never meet them!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In the newest Destiny 2 season they added a robot dog

It doesn't go on missions or anything, just hangs out at the home base and you can pet it there

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Potential SA GotY Pentiment is about petting all the animals on your daily travels through Bavaria

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Those pets are all now living on a farm together upstate, they're very happy

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

haveblue posted:

In the newest Destiny 2 season they added a robot dog

It doesn't go on missions or anything, just hangs out at the home base and you can pet it there

What game started the petting trend? It used to be a novelty, now it’s basically a marketing mandate.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rinkles posted:

What game started the petting trend? It used to be a novelty, now it’s basically a marketing mandate.

It wasn't a game it was the Can You Pet The Dog twitter account

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

It was the game dog petting twitter account, not any particular game

efb

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

https://www.giantbomb.com/animal-petting/3015-7976/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yeah but the account didn’t come from nowhere

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Sorry, they just seem like cool cats and I'm sad I could never meet them!

You aren't alone in those thoughts especially when getting into stories that specifically have tragic endings such as Felicette, Mrs. Chippy, or more recently Bob the street cat, but it's also not the common majority thought response so I just avoid mentioning that intrusive thought since I don't want to unintentionally bring people down, especially over something I know is because of my own mental hangups.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So how about those video games or idk just anything except this topic jesus

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My favorite video game cat is Nia, from Xenoblade Chronicles 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm gonna spend exactly $100 plus tax on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy next month

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm at the office right now, on the clock, but guess what... I'm actually Switch gaming :twisted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I'm at the office right now, on the clock, but guess what... I'm actually Switch gaming :twisted:

what are you playing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what are you playing

Finishing up 3 Houses: Gone Maddening so I can do 3Angle Strategy next... It's twenty twenty 3 baby

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i have lived in the midwest for years and i still feel really anxious calling in for snow/weather related reasons how do i get over this (i say as i look out the window to see our parking lot has not been plowed and we literally have snow that goes up to your mid shins)

also bear and breakfast is a fun game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Finishing up 3 Houses: Gone Maddening so I can do 3Angle Strategy next... It's twenty twenty 3 baby

Triangle Strat is my next game too. All because of Looper.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Mix. posted:

i have lived in the midwest for years and i still feel really anxious calling in for snow/weather related reasons how do i get over this (i say as i look out the window to see our parking lot has not been plowed and we literally have snow that goes up to your mid shins)

buy a subaru

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got to go in late on Christmas Eve because our county had declared a level 3 snow emergency, which meant that for a few hours it was literally illegal to be on the road

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Triangle Strat is my next game too. All because of Looper.

i hope you're ready for the consequences if you don't like it... 🔪

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

hatty posted:

I'm gonna spend exactly $100 plus tax on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy next month

It's gonna rule and be worth every penny.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bob rules he's so gay and just owns it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

why is theater rhythms $100

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Bob rules he's so gay and just owns it

Bob is my favorite Aninmal Crossing character.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

That's just what games cost now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jay Rust posted:

Cats are one of the most anti-union animals

you libelous freak :blastu:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
hi goons. if i were to choose a game between norco and citizen sleeper which one is the most discolike (in being good)??

dont say signalis i don't own a pc computer

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i bought signalis on my switch but idk when i'll get around to playing it

i've been playing through the mgs and re series with my partner and by happy coincidence we're up to my favorites in both series, rising and 4, i'm very excited. so signalis will have to at least wait until after 4

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It’s the version with every song and I’m bad with money

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

goblin week posted:

hi goons. if i were to choose a game between norco and citizen sleeper which one is the most discolike (in being good)??

Citizen Sleeper has dice rolls. I haven't played Norco.

I haven't played Disco Elysium yet either but I bought it after loving Citizen Sleeper, so maybe you and I are doing the opposite.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
god drat xenoblade chronicles 3 is so good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna say signalis because it's also out on all major consoles

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

goblin week posted:

Citizen Sleeper is more like it stylistically/gameplay-wise, NORCO is more typical point-and-click with some extra minigame things. NORCO is great but a little overwritten compared to even closest comparison point Kentucky Route Zero and I haven’t played Citizen Sleeper yet but tbh it sounds better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

signalis is a pretty good time if you like oldschool survival horror, although i will recommend that you play on normal difficulty and not survival, as the game is terribly stingy with ammo and doesn't seem to have any kind of RE-style dynamic item spawning for if you run out