Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Tankbuster posted:

matt didn't go on rambling about squibs.

Matt is right about squibs :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thats the spice, thanks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Does anyone have any reccs for a "The History of" style podcast that covers some or all of Indian history?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

go gently caress yourself

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

go gently caress yourself

why don't you like it

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

KomradeX posted:

Did anyone listen to the Avatar 2 chapo review?

it was a really good episode. them talking about movies they genuinely enjoyed are always the best eps

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
listening to the end of the year TrueAnon and liz is right (as always): bring back the eyebrows

also seconding a weird year overall.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Not only did we get a good review of Avatar 2, we also got a good review of The glass onion.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
We also got a lowtax mangosteen reference.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That's too bad, because I'm not suffering through another session of them fawning over Cameron's schlock

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The problem with doing a bit like that on a podcast is that it immediately leaks out into twitter and then becomes a serious opinion you're obligated to defend. whereas like Liz Lemon making an argument for why James Cameron is the American Napoleon works a lot better because the audience can't argue back against Liz Lemon

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
call it avatar 2 cause im seeing it two times

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The problem with doing a bit like that on a podcast is that it immediately leaks out into twitter and then becomes a serious opinion you're obligated to defend. whereas like Liz Lemon making an argument for why James Cameron is the American Napoleon works a lot better because the audience can't argue back against Liz Lemon

you argue with your audience after making an essay taking that idea as your own

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

you argue with your audience after making an essay taking that idea as your own

I have never made an essay you bitch

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

I have never made an essay you bitch

i mean you like the royal you, as in people online

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i know i was doing a playful joke

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
oh.. im bad at this sorry

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's good

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

KomradeX posted:

The most interesting bit was noting how a lot of James Cameron's personal obsessions made it into the movie, the rest was whatever.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

Does anyone have any reccs for a "The History of" style podcast that covers some or all of Indian history?

Empire is going on right now with two extremely book-qualified academics, but the younger of the hosts is pretty lib-brained, and the other is the descendant of British aristocracy if you're worried about nepo babies. It's alright if very fast-moving. Dalrymple's book The Anarchy was very good, and they are obviously trying to do some work demystifying/complicating Indian history from what I've heard.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

jakarta method approved

https://twitter.com/vinncent/status/1610523731734179840

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dr. Killjoy posted:

i like how after ten years nerds still hate avatar for being the most successful media property called "avatar"

will's right on the sequel managing to flex as YA genre material as well

The tribalism over Avatar and Cameron "winning" at the box office is strange to me. A wealthy white filmmaker succeeded at the box office with his latest film....congrats, I guess?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 18:25 on Jan 4, 2023

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

KomradeX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jqfwvIACj8

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

uno.mannschaft posted:

Not only did we get a good review of Avatar 2, we also got a good review of The glass onion.

i'm not gonna listen to the Avatar ep but I was glad to see on letterboxd that Will hated Glass Onion as much as i did

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I could see Daniel Craig doing his futurama impression all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlERV_ePVxU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

im sure avatar 2 is fun but i'm not taking the risk of becoming psychotically obsessed with making love to a blue avatar alien. not worth it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/necrobranson/status/1610683710449356813?s=46&t=LfmZJUmxKglNWC5ahv77dQ

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The tribalism over Avatar and Cameron "winning" at the box office is strange to me. A wealthy white filmmaker succeeded at the box office with his latest film....congrats, I guess?

yeah its dumb and made for a bad episode but it does lead to a funny bit in the end when they recognize this

so far it seems to have as much cultural cache as the first one where i havent had a single irl conversation about it or seen any memes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

they should stop taking it personally I didn't want to watch the three hour Batman either. a movie has gotta be something special to warrant 3+ hour runtime and I'm afraid "sequel to a movie I had no interest in seeing again in the decade and change since it came out" does not make the cut

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
it looks really good and it has whales

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The year end true anon is good, especially Liz's bewilderment at Europe's self-immolation and her modern lit segment.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
good i'm glad you enjoyed it
e: this was for avatar 2, but i'm glad you enjoyed trueanon as well

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

they should stop taking it personally I didn't want to watch the three hour Batman either. a movie has gotta be something special to warrant 3+ hour runtime and I'm afraid "sequel to a movie I had no interest in seeing again in the decade and change since it came out" does not make the cut

The Batman was good. Easily the best Batman movie.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

good i'm glad you enjoyed it

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
while on the subject of movies https://twitter.com/EvilDead/status/1610682789850124289

that cheese grater promises some gnarly poo poo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
otoh, i will absolutely be watching that garbage which will most assuredly clock in at 90 to 120 minutes

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

it sucked rear end actually

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/julianfeeld/status/1610735061812523010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it sucked rear end actually

it would have made for a killer hbo max show tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Honest Thief posted: