Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Almost $6.5m now: https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

It's funny that there are plenty of donations there that are actually ads, but I guess there are worse ways to spend marketing money

quote:

$25,003 Sheets Laundry Club
$20,000 Jason Hanold 
$18,003 Robert Kraft and The New England Patriots 
$15,000 Pray For Damar
$12,000 Matthew Stafford 
$10,003 New Era Cap Foundation 
$10,003 Houston Texans 
$10,000 Russell & Ciara Wilson 
$10,000 Tom Brady 
$10,000 Anonymous 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is pretty stupid tbh

You should probably look into it because it's really not. The dental industry is almost completely unregulated compared to the rest of medicine, and there are many "dental group" offices that have price per patient hour type metrics kept against their dentists (who are usually fresh out of dental school with massive debt) that will fire any doctor who doesn't drill enough teeth. The dentists who own their own practice and office are becoming fewer and farther between as equipment costs go up and honestly that was never a guarantee that they weren't crooked anyway because the dental profession as a whole doesn't have formalized standards of care based on studies or objective test results, but mostly subjective observation of a patient's mouth or xrays.

If you start talking to people you know about their dental history, anyone who's ever switched dentists or moved from city to city will probably have a story about a cavity that they were told they had that a second dentist didn't notice. I know it happened to me, I had a dentist telling me that I needed a root canal and about 5 fillings, didn't see a dentist for 2.5 years due to moving and covid, and when I finally established myself with a new dentist was told that everything was great and to keep up the good brushing. If dentistry was an actual medical science, this poo poo wouldn't happen all the time.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Football Funhouse

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Almost $6.5m now: https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

It's funny that there are plenty of donations there that are actually ads, but I guess there are worse ways to spend marketing money

and jim irsay just gave 25,003.
love when NFL teams an d owners on up each other on charity drives

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't think I've ever met a dentist that didn't cheat on their wife.

Coolwhoami fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 4, 2023

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I found a great dentist who does no upselling, treated some things with basic work before they got out of hand (and the work hasn’t needed rework), and who saw me immediately when an abcessed tooth caused the worst pain I have ever felt.

This is from someone who hates dentistry so much that I didn’t see a dentist for, oh, 15 years due to some absurdly brutal cleanings and having seven teeth pulled in one sitting when I was 12.

That long break resulted in a cleaning that took 90 minutes and six shots of novocaine to handle the cavitron going deep into my gums. Oh, and a molar that had to be pulled.

tldr: Find a good dentist doesn’t upsell and see them regularly.

My old dentist was also amazing. Excellent work and patient care. Hell, after I broke my front tooth in half one NYE he essentially recreated it as a giant rear end filling that lasted for years before I needed it to be replaced. He was proud enough of that work to feature it on his website lol. Threw in free teeth whitening as a wedding gift later down the road. Good dentists rock

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Damar Hamlin - Questionable (gingivitis)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Lifespan posted:

Why are some of them ending in $3?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

his jersey number

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

e: ^^ well that makes sense

Joey Freshwater posted:

previous top donation was 25k, so the last few went 25,003 just to top the leaderboards

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Fifty Three posted:

his jersey number

This, plus a way to make yours appear higher in the list.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Surprised Kraft didn’t use that as a chance to make a 28-3 reference

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
he would never do something so low (not a chiropractor)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Dietrich posted:

You should probably look into it because it's really not. The dental industry is almost completely unregulated compared to the rest of medicine, and there are many "dental group" offices that have price per patient hour type metrics kept against their dentists (who are usually fresh out of dental school with massive debt) that will fire any doctor who doesn't drill enough teeth. The dentists who own their own practice and office are becoming fewer and farther between as equipment costs go up and honestly that was never a guarantee that they weren't crooked anyway because the dental profession as a whole doesn't have formalized standards of care based on studies or objective test results, but mostly subjective observation of a patient's mouth or xrays.

If you start talking to people you know about their dental history, anyone who's ever switched dentists or moved from city to city will probably have a story about a cavity that they were told they had that a second dentist didn't notice. I know it happened to me, I had a dentist telling me that I needed a root canal and about 5 fillings, didn't see a dentist for 2.5 years due to moving and covid, and when I finally established myself with a new dentist was told that everything was great and to keep up the good brushing. If dentistry was an actual medical science, this poo poo wouldn't happen all the time.

Related: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/05/the-trouble-with-dentistry/586039/

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the most yuck mouthed people you’ve ever met are here to tell you that dentistry is a scam

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

BrownThunder posted:

The Football Funhouse

are we all having fun yet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Surprised Kraft didn’t use that as a chance to make a 28-3 reference

18 is a traditional number for good luck and life for Jews.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also shut the gently caress up about dentists or chiropractors or anything that isn't Damar Hamlin.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Trying to find an actual good dentist is borderline impossible, it ain’t a lie. The field is absolutely packed with con artists.

This thread is wild lmao, at least we’re not all doom and gloom.

e: sorry Kalli, bad timing!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Okay, that makes more sense then.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

acidx posted:

are we all having fun yet

I'll have you know that I've never actually enjoyed a football game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is pretty stupid tbh

Chiro tooth adjustment user spotted

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

The Football Funhouse
*Allegedly

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kalli posted:

$18,283

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lifespan posted:

So proud of Stafford, dudes legit.

Also, I didn't see DeShaun Watsons name so far...

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm disappointed no one's donated $42,069 dollars yet. You had one job Musk!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

BrownThunder posted:

The Football Funhouse

The Dentistry Dunghouse

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

As football fans we deserve this

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I was actually watching the game when this happened (I rarely actually watch an NFL game). I'll always remember this one shot of 2 Bills players on the sideline when it briefly looked like they were going to continue and 1 of them was just crying and swaying and trying so hard to collect himself, it was so sad. Hope Hamlin pulls through OK.

This is totally irrelevant but for some reason every time I try to remember his name my brain wants me to say Darvin Ham (the Lakers coach). Every time! I even typed Ham instead of Hamlin just now!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I have a taste for blood now.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

adaz posted:

Breer has some more specifics about the 5 minute thing. It sounds like everyone just started following the letter of the law for resuming play for a bit until saner heads prevailed

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1610656849422082055

is there any video of this stuff? I'd like to see it cause it sounds heartening

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

indigi posted:

I dunno how much there is, but on air, they did show Taylor and McDermott having a short conversation with each other, then McDermott just jerked his thumb back to the locker rooms and started waving the Bills off the field.

Later they were passing a phone between each other outside the visitor locker room, ostensibly telling the league that nah, this ain't happening.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

indigi posted:

Yeah, some 30 second clips is what was shown here and there. The one with Zac having his headphones off you can just see Sean is barely keeping it together. The tweet with the sensitive content is what Zac was seeing from the Bills players - josh allen, diggs, etc - wandering around with thousand yard stares and openly weeping. That's when he walked over.

https://twitter.com/rgfray1/status/1610117824214614016
https://twitter.com/GrantB911/status/1610097611385737216
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1610157380267917313
https://twitter.com/SportsContent23/status/1610107405739913218

adaz fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 4, 2023

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Having a likeable coach goes such a long way in making you a better fan of your team and other teams, it’s great to see.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Imagine if it was Bill Belichick on either side.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No days off.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

seiferguy posted:

Imagine if it was Bill Belichick on either side.

He’d be recording the hospital room.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dietrich posted:

You should probably look into it because it's really not.

Well, one of us has actual experience in the dental industry, and the other doesn't. So. Probably best to not assume your one instance of empirical evidence is some sort of trend that dictates an entire medical profession.

I understand what you're saying about the large dental groups such as gentle dental but the main problems with groups like that are not exclusive to dentistry whatsoever so not really sure how you got to that conclusion.

Edit this isnt the chat thread btw. Let's save the hot takes on medical science for chat thread. lol and as I first edit this, I see the post below. My bad adaz, didnt realize which thread this was.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 5, 2023

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Nobody, and I cannot stress this enough, gives a single gently caress about dentistry or chiropractors or whatever. go somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
some of this is me being a homer but between how he handled the shooting in buffalo during the offseason, the numerous high-profile injuries, the game moved to detroit, the team getting stuck in chicago due to the blizzard, and now this thing with hamlin...the team has performed excellently in spite of tons of challenges on and off the field. mcdermott should be a shoe-in for coach of the year, yeah?