Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
much better than that other show that tried "magical girl as a WMD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Endorph posted:

it doesnt get bad but the animation quality keeps going down and theres a hilarious bit in s3 where one of the side characters gets transported to fantasy mmo china and has an entire adventure there that takes up a volume of the LNs, but for some reason the anime didnt adapt any of it so he just reappears 10 episodes later talking about people and adventures the audience never saw until it gets a very brief recap

we could've had even more leonardo?????? i'm furious

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zetsubou-san posted:

much better than that other show that tried "magical girl as a WMD"

Saikano was good if you enjoy being miserable

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Arc Hammer posted:

Not gonna lie but this is the part that turned me off. Not anything about politics or fascism or titoism. I just did not care for the premise of "smug anime girl with the mind of a sociopath does World War 1" and didn't feel like pursuing it any further.

The show never paints this as good if that's what you're worried about; my interpretation/assumption is that she's at best a sort of "Byronic Hero" who Karma will eventually bite her and the enjoyment is seeing how deep of a hole she digs herself into in her attempt to try to dig herself out of the hole that she dug herself into in the first place.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Sakurazuka posted:

I've only vaguely heard of that one (as: "She: The Ultimate Weapon"), I was thinking of Izetta: The Last Witch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

what actually happens is anime news network is a bunch of 35 year olds who get paid like 30 bucks an article to talk about how much smarter and more progressive than other anime fans they are, and then they run ads for literal cults
wait how do I get this job

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I do and saikano owns

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raenir Salazar posted:

The show never paints this as good if that's what you're worried about; my interpretation/assumption is that she's at best a sort of "Byronic Hero" who Karma will eventually bite her and the enjoyment is seeing how deep of a hole she digs herself into in her attempt to try to dig herself out of the hole that she dug herself into in the first place.

It's not that at all that turns me off. It's the "I have the mind of an rear end in a top hat and the body of a little anime girl wearing army uniforms" part that turns me off. I can't really look past that part when it seems like little more than a blatant attempt at marketing so they can put cute pictures on the volume covers. I don't know if it adds anything or if they do much with the gender swapping reincarnation or if it's literally only "salaryman is a girl now, deal with it" and the story goes on otherwise, it didn't sell me and I didn't get far enough in to see if that changes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

copy posted:

just thundercat from the dragonball durag video

Always makes me smile

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Always makes me smile

thundercat ftmfw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
so would you like the story more if the main character wasn't a girl

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Leraika posted:

does log horizon get bad? I watched up to the part where they were negotiating with the princess npc

season 1 is great, season 2 is good but was a bit more divisive i think. season 3 i'm not really sure why they made it since its adapting a pretty transitional/inconsequential part of the story. i still enjoyed it since i just fundamentally really like the whole cast of that show whatever they're doing, but i also didnt wait 7 years for it so i get why people who did were disappointed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Colonel posted:

so would you like the story more if the main character wasn't a girl

The "this is a story about an evil protagonist using their skill at being a manipulative bastard to get ahead in life but their reckoning is coming and also she's a twelve year old girl in a cute army outfit isn't that crazy?" didn't appeal to me. I could take one or take the other but I didn't get anything from mashing those two things together. Call it what you want.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Leraika posted:

does log horizon get bad? I watched up to the part where they were negotiating with the princess npc

I enjoyed all of the anime but as mentioned previously people waited years for part 3 and it culminated in the sidekicks getting together and handling a dungeon on their own.

It was cool, but I don't know if I'd like to cap off what could be the last entry in my anime franchise with Guild Jr getting it done.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the high point of log horizon season 3 was the reveal that crusty is a girl bullying machine because he is actually like 12, at least that's what the flashback part implied

if that's not what's happening i don't know if i want to know the truth

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

what actually happens is anime news network is a bunch of 35 year olds who get paid like 30 bucks an article to talk about how much smarter and more progressive than other anime fans they are, and then they run ads for literal cults

the weirdest thing about ANN was how often the anime fans they'd complain about were just the site's own forums, which are bad, but from people I know who used to try bothering with them the mods there largely keep it that way.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zetsubou-san posted:

that other show that tried "magical girl as a WMD"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Motto posted:

the weirdest thing about ANN was how often the anime fans they'd complain about were just the site's own forums, which are bad, but from people I know who used to try bothering with them the mods there largely keep it that way.

you don't burn your own sources

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

there was a review they put up of love me for who i am where the reviewer literally made poo poo up that happened in the story to rage about it being problematic and when people called them out they just stopped approving any comments that werent patting the reviewer's rear end, lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

there was a review they put up of love me for who i am where the reviewer literally made poo poo up that happened in the story to rage about it being problematic and when people called them out they just stopped approving any comments that werent patting the reviewer's rear end, lol

that series is ftw but the way it breaks peoples brains is far moreso imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i thought the ending was a bit too tidy but the rest of it was good, and i get why youd want an easy ending for a relatively cute series

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've certainly seen series that have done a lot worse with their ending.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
after dad got obliterated with facts and logic it should have ended with a double wedding also. cute and pat endings are good

Ohtori Akio fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 4, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh im fine with dad getting obliterated by facts and logic i mostly just think 'youre right... im good now' was a bit eh. he should have been erased to ash like a yugioh villain.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

oh im fine with dad getting obliterated by facts and logic i mostly just think 'youre right... im good now' was a bit eh. he should have been erased to ash like a yugioh villain.

the sweet earnest chaser boyfriend sends him to the shadow realm ftw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

the sweet earnest chaser boyfriend sends him to the shadow realm ftw

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lmfao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lmao

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I woke up like nearly choking to death today what the hell

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

symbolic posted:

i checked and the collar ep was indeed an OVA so mea culpa, tho there's still several segments that just feel cruel

konosuba definitely has some segments where the characters are being a little too cruel to each other, but it also doesn't usually treat the ones being cruel like you're supposed to be sympathetic to them

when someone's being a jackass in konosuba, they usually get their comeuppance pretty quickly and it's usually portrayed as entirely their own dumbass fault, which cuts out some of the bite

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Glad you're alive!

Hopefully it's nothing serious

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

if we don't get dungeon meshi anime this year i am gonna be mad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

sounds like a succubus, possibly an incubus

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Rohan one-shot Araki made for the Louvre is getting a live action film this year

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh my God Konosuba is Isekai Seinfeld

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They threw me out of the party, Jerry!

They threw you out?

Right out of the drat party!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ok but is this Explosion worthy?

Oh it's explosion worthy.

Is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’ve not seen Seinfeld but I hope this line of jokes is funny to those that have