Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WamFLD7Y2-4
The latest in Raz' series where he inflicts games on his wife (this time Elden Ring).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Grady, from Practical Engineering, did a fun little video on weird science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_3icwd68o

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ocNRXdZhQc

xqc cover ing the latest on the otk drama. pretty good round up fo the happenings so far

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like old people who dont know how to play the youtube algo game, so you get guys like the classical music review guy who posts like four videos a day and has something like 1000 videos since he joined youtube two years ago

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ocNRXdZhQc

xqc cover ing the latest on the otk drama. pretty good round up fo the happenings so far

lol, he didn't add anything to what Ludwig said. Just watch the Mogul Mail.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

Nostalgia Nerd has gone off a cliff for me. He did that video complaining about the algorithm and then continued to push out stuff with clickbait titles and now he's shilling crypto. He was already taking the piss with titling videos "GBR Thrifts" piggybacking offve LGR's thrifting episodes (and we don't even call it loving thrifting here anyway). I've given up clicking on his stuff now.

I stopped watching as well, but the last two videos on Rise of the Robots and now Bandersnatch have been particularly well-researched and interesting. He’s still got it, it’s just the everything else being garbage. It’s like watching the 8bit guy. That’s what pissed me off about the crypto ad, normally you can just ignore that poo poo but he hit you with it with no warning on what looks like a normal cut right in the last bit with actual content on either side.

I didn’t have any problem with the GBR Thrifts title, yes it was obviously trend-seeking but they were individually fine and rebranding to make it clear to non-Brits what the videos were is okay.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
xqc sucks poo poo. Don't watch that idiot

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

lol, he didn't add anything to what Ludwig said. Just watch the Mogul Mail.
Putting your face on someone elses video and pretending that you're reacting to it is a proud tradition of online content producers.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Putting your face on someone elses video and pretending that you're reacting to it is a proud tradition of online content producers.

It gets extra hilarious when Ludwig already had to put his face on a video with his face on top of a video with his face.
Cant wait for Ludwig to react to the reactions and add a 4th layer to the inception madness.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Arivia posted:

I stopped watching as well, but the last two videos on Rise of the Robots and now Bandersnatch have been particularly well-researched and interesting. He’s still got it, it’s just the everything else being garbage. It’s like watching the 8bit guy. That’s what pissed me off about the crypto ad, normally you can just ignore that poo poo but he hit you with it with no warning on what looks like a normal cut right in the last bit with actual content on either side.

I didn’t have any problem with the GBR Thrifts title, yes it was obviously trend-seeking but they were individually fine and rebranding to make it clear to non-Brits what the videos were is okay.

I mean I dropped off 8 bit guy when his contribution to that "upgrade this computer and pass it on" thing was to undo a load of work other people had done and glue some wires in place (and also when I realised that about thirty percent of his output was retrobriting things).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think the first time I saw an 8-bit guy video it was him retrobriting something, an old portable computer that had a leather handle on it.
I had never heard of retrobriting before and my first thought was "shouldn't you wrap the handle? Surely those chemicals can't be good for it?" while he was getting the handle covered in the poo poo.

Then he showed the results and he had completely hosed up the leather on it. loving idiot.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Veotax posted:

I think the first time I saw an 8-bit guy video it was him retrobriting something, an old portable computer that had a leather handle on it.
I had never heard of retrobriting before and my first thought was "shouldn't you wrap the handle? Surely those chemicals can't be good for it?" while he was getting the handle covered in the poo poo.

Then he showed the results and he had completely hosed up the leather on it. loving idiot.

Then he sent the handle sans-leather to someone who said they would put new leather on it and then they ghosted him to the point he resorted to asking in a public video for the handle to be returned.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Then he wandered the streets open carrying an airsoft AR-15 to make a point about something. And then managed to utterly ruin an incredibly rare bit of retro tech by being a moron.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Fil5000 posted:

And then managed to utterly ruin an incredibly rare bit of retro tech by being a moron.

I remember the rest, but what was this about?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

John Murdoch posted:

I remember the rest, but what was this about?

He got hold of some possibly prototype IBM workstation (it was one that was rare anyway but his example had no actual serial numbers on it as well as some handwritten markings) on loan from Computer Reset. In the course of trying to get it working he dremelled the security screws and then shorted the power supply by trying to turn it on with a paperclip and then went "oh well" and that was the end of the video. The Internet yelled at him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
john titor is going to be heartbroken

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

He got hold of some possibly prototype IBM workstation (it was one that was rare anyway but his example had no actual serial numbers on it as well as some handwritten markings) on loan from Computer Reset. In the course of trying to get it working he dremelled the security screws and then shorted the power supply by trying to turn it on with a paperclip and then went "oh well" and that was the end of the video. The Internet yelled at him.

I'm guessing doing it this way is a bit more unorthodox then how the manual describes it?

Old stuff can be temperamantal. I never forget learning how the connection between a CPC 464 and its disc drive can be put in the wrong way, or not, depending on model. And if you blindly put the connector in and get this wrong, you'll fry the poor thing when switching the power on.

So looking at the manual and following the diagram supplied with the computer is kind of a thing that should be done.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xff9eFg8IHQ

Lot to consider

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-Wy9ITlvY

new video!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No thanks.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

nine-gear crow posted:

Chris McFeely, god drat there's a name I haven't heard in a long rear end time. I remember he used to run a Digimon fan site with a lot of in depth info on the show and behind the scenes access and interviews with the dub writers, actors, and producers. Nice to see he's moved up in the world significantly since then.

Chris mentioned on the latest podcast that he contributed to the Digimon remastered boxset that just came out as it goes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Actual good video: Primm's Hood Cinema on Friday After Next. It's a Christmas hood movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEST2xHoxeU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Nostalgia Nerd videos are one of those things I just listen to on the phone while I work on something else and mine had Vanced with SponsorBlock on it, so it skipped over the FTX ad and I didn't even realize it was there.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

I thought Epic Rap Battles of History already was the poor man's Epic Rap Battles of History.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

For most of this year we're going to get Master System's time in the US coverage from Jeremy Parish's ever growing *-works\*-Gaiden series. On one hand, we're probably won't get utterly bewildering episodes like the "Here's the console entirely made for Othello" or "Buying a Pachinko title so you can practice Pachinko at home so you are better at that particular Pachinko machine in the parlor" from last year or so, but coverage of Master System isn't exactly big on the english speaking world. What I'm saying is that even if the games turn out to be a bit more boring to cover, I'm sure he'll find a way to make the coverage engaging. Even if he already covered Snail Maze and HangOn for the SMS less than a year ago.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
I would be content with a full half hour on Snail Maze, honestly. Jeremy Parish could make a washing machine instruction manual interesting.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Strange Aeons made a video looking into the producer behind Rebecca Black's Friday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQkDz91sdU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr.Radar posted:

Strange Aeons made a video looking into the producer behind Rebecca Black's Friday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQkDz91sdU

Huh, I was just thinking about that because I remember her being the internet's punching bag for a while despite being exceedingly harmless. Also that the second version was good? Never listened to it myself to check.

Does she have a video recording all the things that a lot of the internet just turned against super hard like that?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

rebecca black did a single with slayyyter back in 2021 that ruled and released a few more singles literally within the past few months so like. she's definitely got a career in music still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQvDbh3bzc

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

new vid dropped anyone finished yet?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mix. posted:

rebecca black did a single with slayyyter back in 2021 that ruled and released a few more singles literally within the past few months so like. she's definitely got a career in music still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQvDbh3bzc

Well to try and be a bit more coherent, any comprehensive video on poo poo that everyone got weirdly hyperbolically angry about? Like at the end of the day Friday was a music video, it wasn't Order 66 or something.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ALfWW_U728

markiplier with another entry in the on again off again "mom plays" series. this is one of the more consistent through lines of his mom playing basically all of five nights at freddys games so far and, well, she knocks it out of the park yet again.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im tired of hearing about how rebecca black is an adult now. i couldve guessed

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

don't worry dear, the nurses will be by with your medication soon

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

To be honest, this is the first time in years I'd even heard (read) about Rebecca Black. Where are you hanging out that you keep hearing about the Friday girl?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

edogawa rando posted:

To be honest, this is the first time in years I'd even heard (read) about Rebecca Black. Where are you hanging out that you keep hearing about the Friday girl?

She’s been making pretty dece hyperpop for a couple years now. One of my friends really likes this song from a few months back

https://youtu.be/Ecm-ylA29X0

edit: so I guess the answer to your question is “places with good taste in music”

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

so I guess the answer to your question is “places with good taste in music”

gently caress.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This guy with very few subs puts out pretty good game retrospective videos. He released a new one yesterday for the Marathon series. I haven’t watched it yet but based on his other videos I’ll recommend it sight unseen.

https://youtu.be/3Nx4s9ZCOsk

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
who keeps reporting posts for trolling lol. how are you getting trolled by that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i mean markiplier is an online creator....