Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

is that the carnage heart of armored core

Pretty much yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao that Master of Arena's revenge quest keeps getting interrupted because you have to actually do your job

To quote,

"I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

chiasaur11 posted:

To quote,

"I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge."

I also got a lol out of the handler emailing you super pissed that you jumped back into job doing before it could actually get cleared and that the player but not the player character already knows what's up

The PS1 ACs are pretty good. Janky with wild difficulty curves but good. I imagine the PS2 era will only exaggerate it all lmao

AC4 through 5 was pretty breezy all in all huh

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

RBA Starblade posted:

Sounds like somebody didn’t occupy Arteria Carpals.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Captain Foo posted:

is that the carnage heart of armored core

now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time. a long time.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I also got a lol out of the handler emailing you super pissed that you jumped back into job doing before it could actually get cleared and that the player but not the player character already knows what's up

The PS1 ACs are pretty good. Janky with wild difficulty curves but good. I imagine the PS2 era will only exaggerate it all lmao

I'd say AC2 is more difficult, but less jank than the PS1 games. There's less precision platforming, harder arena opponents (without the surefire advantage of the parking garage) and one of the more interesting stories in the series (not that it's necessarily saying much) including a major character who might be the PC from Master of Arena. It also leans into Master of Arena's interactions between the plot and the arena, letting you kill arena opponents in missions from time to time, which advances you in rank a notch if you were below them on the board.

There's still jank through every game in the series, but the first games have more than most.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time. a long time.

in the era of zachtronics and grand strategy games we really deserve a new one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Master of Arena was oddly easy after Phantasma. I even stopped using the broken weapons!

I'm finally gitting gud

They should have made Max master of the arena with his whole lovely missile dump that shoots you straight into the skybox to instantly lose and infinite range autoaim bullshit, goddamn. Nine-ball is still a pushover lol and I actually got Seraph in one go. He barely scratched me compared to the losing spree with every mech I could consider with Max.

Max is a fucker

Well onto AC2 lmao. Or maybe I'll slam my face into the ex arena

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 5, 2023

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Seraph is a walk in the park after Phantasma. That motherfucker just won't die.

E: AC2 is probably my favorite PS2 AC but only by a little, so I highly recommend going and playing it ASAP. Some of the hidden parts are bullshit, but it's a blast pretty much from start to finish, or at least until they get rid of the Emeraude rep who rrrrrrrolls everrrrry one of his Rrrrrrr's.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 5, 2023

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

nrook posted:

Sounds like somebody didn’t occupy Arteria Carpals.

:getin:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPq8hDYUqQ

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I PM'd veegy and he says these should be available later today :woop:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Playing For Answer now, and I'm going to say breeziness depends a lot on revision for that one.

White Glint on 1.4 is a joke.

White Glint on 1.0 is actually worthy of its reputation.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

COM : SYSTEM ENGAGED

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
GIB MEEEEEEEEE

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I PM'd veegy and he says these should be available later today :woop:

Can I please get one?

I'm perfectly ok with the rest of my avatar going away.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Seeing as I am an admin it makes gangtag stuff a tad easier. (No queuing needed).

Let me know if you want one of the spiffy gangtags and I will make the changes either tonight or tomorrow when I finish doing GOTYthread prep :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

a god among mods

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

if i could load ringtones easily on my phone i'd use the noise this makes when the garage logo first spins out of the center as my text alert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyn84M2WKEg&t=430s

owns

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Seeing as I am an admin it makes gangtag stuff a tad easier. (No queuing needed).

Let me know if you want one of the spiffy gangtags and I will make the changes either tonight or tomorrow when I finish doing GOTYthread prep :)

I'll take a tracer then, thanks a bunch. :toot:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I'd appreciate Karasawa mode, if it's no trouble.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGames posted:

I would like the Karasawa Mode one also

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

VideoGames posted:

i'll take a karasawa mode tag, thank you

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

VideoGames posted:

I'll also take a Karasawa one.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I'd like a Karasawa mode.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

VideoGames posted:

May I have both Karasawa Mode and Muscle Tracers tags please?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

VideoGames posted:

I'd appreciate a Karasawa Mode, thanks in advance!

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

VideoGames posted:

I'd like an MT one if possible, ty ty.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

VideoGames posted:

I'll take an MT tag please and thank you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lines of battle are being drawn

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

VideoGames posted:

MT tag please!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Karasawa mode please and kill my raccoon goons tag to stop it getting obnoxious tyvm

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VideoGames posted:

I'll take a karasawa mode thank you!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

VideoGames posted:

Give me one too veegy. It can go below my souls tag.

Karasawa

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Karasawa Mode, please. Thank you very much!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
:)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

wait, did the bloodborne boys one depreciate or something, or is it just a 'gotta pick one' situation

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

VideoGames posted:

Karasawa mode for me please, thank you!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
karasawa mode please, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Karasawa Mode for me too please.