Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Failson posted:

By most accounts, the GV60 is the worst value, and possibly the weakest all together of the eGMP vehicles.

But here I am, considering a drive up to Seattle so that I may touch orb.

Drift mode and lime green paint colour tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Just looks bloated. Like it's newly become lactose intolerant but has eaten a whole reblochon.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

knox_harrington posted:

Just looks bloated. Like it's newly become lactose intolerant but has eaten a whole reblochon.
it's got that weird ev look of a regular ice car that got a mario mushroom

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

kliras posted:

it's got that weird ev look of a regular ice car that got a mario mushroom
Idk why this is a thing. The only EVs that look good to me are the Model S, Model Y, and the Ioniq 5.

The Lucid reminds me of a toenail. The Model 3 looks like a stubby, bloated frog. The EQS is abominably ugly even though MB makes a greater proportion of good looking cars than BMW or Audi these days. Similar situation with the Polestar - not as ugly as the EQS but a bit like you took one of the current, pretty Volvos and whacked it in the face with a shovel. The Mach-E couldn't be more of a boring NPC car while somehow also being ugly at the same time.

The Lightning and Rivian are, like, fine, but they don't stand out.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Idk why this is a thing. The only EVs that look good to me are the Model S, Model Y, and the Ioniq 5.

The Lucid reminds me of a toenail. The Model 3 looks like a stubby, bloated frog. The EQS is abominably ugly even though MB makes a greater proportion of good looking cars than BMW or Audi these days. Similar situation with the Polestar - not as ugly as the EQS but a bit like you took one of the current, pretty Volvos and whacked it in the face with a shovel. The Mach-E couldn't be more of a boring NPC car while somehow also being ugly at the same time.

Lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MB’s continuous curve body line thing they do looks insanely dated

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

:psyduck: the Model Y is the Jimmy Neutron version of the Model 3 wtf are you talking about :psyduck:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don't understand how someone can think the 3 looks like a bloated frog without thinking the Y looks like a more bloated frog.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
https://youtu.be/V13Wm96jzWk
me, riding my Model Y in front of my wife

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Doesn't look like it.

and there's a higher rest of the other pic where it looks like you can see a window trim crease right below the window:

what is the point of press release photos when the car is still covered in this dumb camo? Either show the car as it is or don't show it yet, this is weird.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Ok Comboomer posted:

:psyduck: the Model Y is the Jimmy Neutron version of the Model 3 wtf are you talking about :psyduck:

Maybe they got Y and X mixed up. Not that the X is a looker either.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

dissss posted:

Maybe they got Y and X mixed up. Not that the X is a looker either.

:psyduck: the Model X is the Jimmy Neutron version of the Model S wtf are you talking about :psyduck:

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

The x and y are truly bulbous monstrosities, I think on here someone said the x looks like a football helmet and I can’t unsee that now.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Boy you got some weird opinions. Or maybe you need new glasses?

The Model S looks like all other current "executive sedans," boring as hell, indistinguishable from a bland jaguar or whatever

The Model 3 is the least bad looking Tesla after the og roadster but it's still bland and boring and it has no face

The X and Y are hunchbacked abominations that look like someone just took the S and 3 and stretched them 35% in the Z axis

The Lucid is a big blob but at least it's making a statement. So wide

The mach E is another generic hunchbacked compact SUV, who cares

The polestar 2 is one of the better looking options but it's too chunky and they should have just made a full EV polestar 1

The lightning is just a truck

The ioniq 5 looks great

The rivians look great

All other EVs* are forgettable and boring compact SUVs or generic blobular executive cars

*In the USA, there are some pretty cool looking ones in other countries but rip

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like the Volvo EX90 looks but they really missed out making it more like the concept versions which were a lot more swoopy and daring. As it is it looks just like an XC90 without a grille.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The Model 3 design looks infinitely better on the Model Y proportions

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Now now, we don't have to fight about this, we can just all agree that all Teslas are the ugliest Teslas.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022
Best looking EV in my opinion is the Audi etron GT or the taycan. Model 3 still looks sharp but every other new EV to me just looks like draft 3d models from cyberpunk 2077. Looking at you ioniq 5.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Used the TeslaTap mini I got almost a year ago for the first time today and it worked great. Very tight fit on the Tesla end of things, but once it was on it did the trick.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

McPhearson posted:

Used the TeslaTap mini I got almost a year ago for the first time today and it worked great. Very tight fit on the Tesla end of things, but once it was on it did the trick.

I had a little luck dripping some 3-in-1 oil into the Tesla end, but I think what it really needs is a hole to let air out. This would probably mess up how water-resistant it is, though. So we just deal with it, and it's okay.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

What the gently caress

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/4/23539863/sony-honda-electric-vehicle-afeela-ces-reveal-photos

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

lmao

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
The original Sony vision concept looked great! Just make that, idiots!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

For a minute I thought I was in the AI-generated images thread.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Afeela is a dumb name

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gwrtheyrn posted:

Afeela is a dumb name

quote:

Afeela represents our concept of an interactive relationship where people feel the sensation of interactive mobility

Afeela is somehow the LEAST dumb thing about that car.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

For a minute I thought I was in the AI-generated images thread.

that word in that font looks like the kind of fake text you'd see in a dream

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If its under 4 meters I dig it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

GoutPatrol posted:

If its under 4 meters I dig it.

It’s definitely not that small.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I hope a sony car is filled with incredibly tiny stupid buttons everywhere

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

priznat posted:

I hope a sony car is filled with incredibly tiny stupid buttons everywhere

"It's bullshit that EVs have loving touch screens, we need normal loving human buttons"

*the monkey's paw curls*

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s definitely not that small.

I will continue to complain that there should be more electric city cars and superminis

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The 208/Corsa is pretty small and looks like a really good option where available.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I seriously think this is going to work out. I mean, not whatever the gently caress this is, but Acura clearly needed a major luxury reboot, Honda knows how to make cars, Sony is rightfully maligned for missteps but clearly knows how to make weird new product categories, particularly luxury ones, that their buyers are more than willing to pay very premium prices for.

Calling it, Acura is now Afeela with a "Technology by Sony" sub-brand and they are discontinuing all of the ICE cars, which they clearly haven't given a poo poo about for years. I don't think they are going to do worse than Acura, likely much better.

I still don't understand why the Nissan ARIYA wasn't introduced in the US as a slightly more premium Infiniti, I guess they have just completely given up on that brand and maybe the category completely.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

"It's bullshit that EVs have loving touch screens, we need normal loving human buttons"

*the monkey's paw curls*

Lmao

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

GoutPatrol posted:

I will continue to complain that there should be more electric city cars and superminis

I agree, but this one isn’t going to be one.

Three Olives posted:

Calling it, Acura is now Afeela with a "Technology by Sony" sub-brand and they are discontinuing all of the ICE cars, which they clearly haven't given a poo poo about for years. I don't think they are going to do worse than Acura, likely much better.

Acura has an EV coming in 2024 using GM ultium batteries. They also just released the new Integra as of like a month ago. They aren’t turning Acura into whatever this weird collaboration is.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 5, 2023

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Three Olives posted:

I seriously think this is going to work out.

The kiss of death. Sorry, Afeela

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Paramemetic posted:

*the monkey's paw curls*

I hope they just put this thing in as the inforatinment system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

I hope they just put this thing in as the inforatinment system

Sony involvement is going to be a Xperia bolted on the dash with a special skin, the days of old, where you get buttons for everything you won't ever use, are long gone.