Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Clones desperately tried to blow it but squeak away with a win in Norman. I’ll take any road win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also disappointing tonight in SEC play: Auburn! Losing by 11 at Georgia! Probably something you should have really seen coming given that they lost two one-and-done first-round guys but the thing is even returning almost everyone else the chemistry is way off. They have the now-experienced kind of backcourt that on paper should thrive as upperclassmen with a year here already under their belt, but they are just not making it happen. Broome is very solid when he's 100%, but he and a few of the freshmen have been limited by injury. Tre Donaldson caught on at the end of nonconference play and took hold of PG2, but Yohan Traore hasn't got the light yet and Chance Westry is basically shut down after surgery.

It's hardly a failure by any standard other than the extremely recent past but I this squad is a year away from accomplishing anything meaningful. Pearl's teams have been known to turn a corner in like February but as it looks now I don't think Auburn is going to be much of a factor in the SEC race, maybe right on the bubble.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mizzou has let Arkansas back into the game but, in true gentlemanly fashion, the Razorbacks are politely declining the generous offer to take the lead

Mizzou 39 Arkansas 37 at the U16 media timeout

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is the Missouri I remember.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou needs someone who can rebound

edit: hogs can't miss a shot in the second half

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 5, 2023

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mizzou 61, Arkansas 66, Mizzou ball coming out of the final media timeout. Should be a fun one to close. Arkansas had held it in the 6-8 point range what felt like the last four minutes or so but Mizzou finally broke through, anyones game

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Being down at half to northwestern should be a fireable offense

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
think mizzou takes this if it's in columbia, looking forward to the rematch

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

think mizzou takes this if it's in columbia, looking forward to the rematch

:agreed:

I’m just sad that’s on a Wednesday so I can’t go

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe this is happening

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LET'S GO THE MOTHERFUCKING WILD CAT

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

:3:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the free throw disparity in the illinois northwestern game is the funniest thing that has ever happened in college basketball.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao this is a provocation

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao this is a provocation

please don't post pictures of your underwear

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1610868265344966657

Northwestern Basketball: No Easy Twos

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

WTF has happened to Illinois? They beat UCLA and Texas, but then have some absolutely ugly losses.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Maybe this has something to do with it:
https://twitter.com/thefieldof68/status/1610834003203964930?s=46&t=LZKika1GjMPOglR8J5404A

Who wouldn’t want to run through a brick wall for this angry crybaby?

Underwood’s leadership? *wet fart noise*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Underwood is a one seed in the Alcoholic Dad Faces tourney

Frank Martin is also a one seed

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

kiimo posted:

Underwood is a one seed in the Alcoholic Dad Faces tourney

Frank Martin is also a one seed

What about Izzo and Sean Miller? I’d put Izzo as a one seed and Sean Miller in the “drunk uncle” play-in tourney

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Mark Gottfried gets some sort of an emeritus role, maybe chairs the selection committee.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kbohls/status/1611083945222758416

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Apex Rogers posted:

Maybe this has something to do with it:
https://twitter.com/thefieldof68/status/1610834003203964930?s=46&t=LZKika1GjMPOglR8J5404A

Who wouldn’t want to run through a brick wall for this angry crybaby?

Underwood’s leadership? *wet fart noise*

too many college coaches are complete assholes

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

About loving time

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Freaquency posted:

About loving time

No kidding. I was worrying the delay was them finding a way to keep him. Unironically, I applaud whoever had the guts to make this obvious-to-me (but what I’m sure in some booster circles will be extremely unpopular) decision

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I'm way late on this but lol duke

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good, quite late but good. gently caress off shithead

I really hope they didn't intimidate the fiancée into that more recent statement

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

PotatoJudge posted:

The one bad call that went against Rutgers was when Loyer and McConnell fell down. It's 24 to 11 because Rutgers fouls a lot.

They fouled Derek Simpson when a Purdue player elbowed him in his face.

It's a documented fact that referees show gigantic favoritism towards home teams. Secondly, more established teams always get more calls. That's all that we're alleging. Because it's been a decade of this. Yes, we get unfair calls when we play teams like Nebraska.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 5, 2023

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mdemone posted:

Good, quite late but good. gently caress off shithead

I really hope they didn't intimidate the fiancée into that more recent statement

He's a piece of poo poo and should never coach anywhere ever again but he really should have never left Texas Tech. That move killed his career.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

loving good

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

OPAONI posted:

I'm way late on this but lol duke

It's never too late

Also,

It's never too late

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Would be cool if we beat Maryland tonight but I'm expecting a letdown after the Purdue game.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

About loving time. Hot tip: don’t read the comments, buncha Longhorn diehards whining about “innocent until proven guilty” and how firing beard is “a bad look” for Texas :sweatdrop:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freaquency posted:

About loving time

I am willing to bet Texas did their own investigation and found some pretty damning poo poo or they'd just let this blow over.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Kevin Willard is the baldest man to ever live.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sounds like if there was any chance of a path forward Beard was not taking it:
https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1611087343087415302

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
How did Miami lose to Georgia Tech?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Sounds like if there was any chance of a path forward Beard was not taking it:
https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1611087343087415302

That is about as hard as you’ll see an executive-level university legal affairs person come down on anyone, ever. In their idiom that is devastating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

wrong goddamn thread

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 6, 2023