Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Zenostein posted:

I wonder if they actually intended to poo poo out an aranara radar or whatever at some point. There's no way you're just going to find this rear end in a top hat, on a branch in that tree that port ormos has grown out of by chance. It's not even one of the musical ones, not that the visual effect would help you when it's that high up.

On the plus side, on the way to the last one on the list that someone linked a page or two ago, I found the sole reason why you can expand those rock things beyond the normal "hit it with dendro" height. I'm sure maybe one somewhere is useful for the tiny bit of height, but this puzzle seems to be the only one of its kind. Baffling.

Well, at least now I've taken all that one aranara's stuff, so that's done and dusted. Thank god.

There's at least a second one somewhere in the overworld with a bunch of them spread wide by a bunch of tree sigils that go on when they're tall, and you have to spit a lot of lightning to get them all tall together.

Couldn't tell you where to save my life though. Just one more for the pile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Is there any way to tell when you hit different adventure ranks? I think the only things with dates associated with them in the game are achievements, which is annoying. I want to know what AR I managed to get up to while playing exclusively as Jean and treating the entire rest of my party as superfluous.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Zenostein posted:

I wonder if they actually intended to poo poo out an aranara radar or whatever at some point. There's no way you're just going to find this rear end in a top hat, on a branch in that tree that port ormos has grown out of by chance. It's not even one of the musical ones, not that the visual effect would help you when it's that high up.

The issue I've been running into with those little shits have been the ones on the towers. There's been some where I'll hit the lens with electro, but I still can't find them at all. And I know I haven't collected them. So I have no idea what I'm missing at times.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is a perfect excuse to ask if crit damage matters for dendro. I had an EM hourglass get like 30%

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ReverendHammer posted:

The issue I've been running into with those little shits have been the ones on the towers. There's been some where I'll hit the lens with electro, but I still can't find them at all. And I know I haven't collected them. So I have no idea what I'm missing at times.

I like the two towers the little poo poo is hidden on top of the tower, right behind you

e: was it two or just the one? w/e, definitely pissed me off

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 5, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

This is a perfect excuse to ask if crit damage matters for dendro. I had an EM hourglass get like 30%

in hyperbloom, dendro characters are like xingqiu: just there to apply elements, and they do that the same regardless of any gear, so you might as well build for dps with crit and damage goblets and stuff, as long as they have enough ER to burst consistently. (for nahida that's 0ER but for DMC/collei it's more important iirc). but if you were dirt poor and forced to only give artifacts to 2/4 party members, you could skip them and things would still work out alright
in quicken teams, you definitely want crit since it improves the Spread reaction damage. both dendros and electros want to build for dps in that team since both get reactions

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ReverendHammer posted:

I was absolutely shocked to find that I had a tower which not only did I not find the aranara at, but I also hadn't done the little withering thing. So with the experience fresh in my mind:

1. If there's an aranara, there'll be a message about them (assuming you've got the thing in electro mode)
2. They'll have a little circle around them. It might only do that if they're within view, but not quite centered.
3. I'm almost positive that there's at least one where the little bastard was hiding behind you on the platform.
4. They're kind enough to leave two sparkly investigation spots on the platform after you've found them (pretty sure this is an absolute); so if there's two spots on the platform, you probably just forgot you found them already. God I wish the rest of them did, so I wouldn't have to spend ages wandering around largely featureless plains and river basins trying to sort out what a screenshot with absolutely no commentary is trying to direct me to.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Excelzior posted:

I'm still saving a bunch of resin at AR56 because :ohdear: what if I need them all of a sudden

I'm AR 51 and I have about 90 resin. YOU CAN PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!

Inzombiac posted:

Just no Android support because god forbid we have nice things!

I'm trying to find any way to play this in bed without having to shell out a bunch of money like buying a Steam deck.

Android users deserve everything they get it (or don't get).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I only use fragiles for guaranteed stuff, like those last few talent books, mora, or boss mats. Artifacts or doing bosses for billets is just a risk with no reward

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Cool, finally got Fischl C6 from the paimon shop.

March should provide Xingqiu C6 as well.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Bunch of potential leaks about the hydro archon (?) if anyone is interested

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
to clarify they're leaks about "unknown unnamed fontaine character"
could be Steampunk Collei for all we know

I sure hope it's not the archon cus I don't care for that design at all.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 5, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
https://twitter.com/SaveYourPrimos/status/1610842641272573953?s=20

One thousand nine hundred eighty-four

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

only leak I care about is my queen Dehya

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

I knew this would happen but seeing it feels weird. These being the two best best shop characters to C6. I still want to max out the rest of freebie crew just because of how much I used them in the early game.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Excelzior posted:

I haven't yet been to Sumaru but I'm going to whale so hard for her.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Actually I just looked at Baizhu's current model and yeah, it could use a refresher. Back to two thousand twenty-three.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this feels a bit like fearmongering because those models have 'wic' because they're the only ones to receive changes/updates in general. it doesnt necessarily imply censorship.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Wouldn't they just treat him like Mona and basically give two outfits to non-CN players? Unless there's something about how they implement a playable character that would mean he can't just use the existing design.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Excelzior posted:

I'm gonna feel bad about building Diluc since 3.0 after getting him and his c1 in lost 50/50s if she winds up being a complete upgrade/replacement for him.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

this feels a bit like fearmongering because those models have 'wic' because they're the only ones to receive changes/updates in general. it doesnt necessarily imply censorship.
I was about to say, yeah. What's "WIC" supposed to stand for, anyway? It probably has something to do with being updated or reworked more generally, rather than specifically censored. I feel like you'd probably name your files a little more euphemistically.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, because I've been away for so long I don't want to Google this in case there are spoilers.

I know I unlocked the earth mode for Traveler and used it for a while but I forgot how to switch back and forth.

Help me I'm dumb.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, because I've been away for so long I don't want to Google this in case there are spoilers.

I know I unlocked the earth mode for Traveler and used it for a while but I forgot how to switch back and forth.

Help me I'm dumb.

go to a Statue of the Seven in the relevant area and "resonate" with the element to switch to it

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
And for some reason you have to do it with the Traveller as your active party member, specifically.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

FractalSandwich posted:

And for some reason you have to do it with the Traveller as your active party member, specifically.

Additionally, when you get constellation items to boost the Traveler, either from the statue or from some other source, you need to be in that elemental mode to use them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Help me I'm dumb.

also you can walk over to sumeru and unlock the grass mode for the traveler if you want, theres no restrictions on that like how you have to be ar30 and go through the story to get to the electricity country (inazuma)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also speaking of spoilers, the genshin leaks subreddit currently has a bunch of images of upcoming fontaine characters including what seems to be the archon, lol. seems like the dam broke.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fun fact - you get through all of Inazuma with never unlocking Electro Traveller. How do I know this? Because I've done the Inazuma quests and I still don't have Electro Traveller.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think Fontaine's the most tech advanced nation that isn't Khaenri'ah so I'm not holding out hope but boy do I want a playable blacksmith

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Fun fact - you get through all of Inazuma with never unlocking Electro Traveller. How do I know this? Because I've done the Inazuma quests and I still don't have Electro Traveller.

i dont think anything ever forces you to unlock geo traveler or dendro traveler either.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

I think Fontaine's the most tech advanced nation that isn't Khaenri'ah so I'm not holding out hope but boy do I want a playable blacksmith

Technically, Snezhnaya I think is the most tech advanced in terms of military, and Fontaine is just a weird Bioshock land that's way higher on consumer tech tree than it should be for the larger setting?

edit: but then sumeru had Literally the Internet with Bluetooth Headsets, but running on a tree, so idk

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 5, 2023

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Tree Reformat posted:

Technically, Snezhnaya I think is the most tech advanced in terms of military, and Fontaine is just a weird Bioshock land that's way higher on consumer tech tree than it should be for the larger setting?

edit: but then sumeru had Literally the Internet with Bluetooth Headsets, but running on a tree, so idk

I believe you mean they had the enternet. :grin:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

i dont think anything ever forces you to unlock geo traveler or dendro traveler either.

isnt there a part of the archon quest that forces you to learn how to use the dendro hookshots?

e : just realized I am dumb and forgot Collei exists so no, f2p players would not be locked out

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tanreall posted:

I believe you mean they had the enternet. :grin:

:golfclap:

The leaks we've gotten lately are quite insane, like I worry about the future of leaks in general from how Mihoyo will react to them given what's getting out.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Endorph posted:

I didn't unlock Geo traveler until i found a puzzle on the surface level of the Chasm that Zhongli couldn't solve

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dang, those Fontaine characters are fancy lookin

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dang, those Fontaine characters are fancy lookin

hatted. very hatted.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

hatted. very hatted.

Well we did have a decided lack of hats so far so they are just balancing things out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

:golfclap:

The leaks we've gotten lately are quite insane, like I worry about the future of leaks in general from how Mihoyo will react to them given what's getting out.
This games so huge that stuff will always end up leaked at least from the closed betas. I wouldnt worry too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

This games so huge that stuff will always end up leaked at least from the closed betas. I wouldnt worry too much

Oh the current crop of leaks is like production and concept art from stuff for 4.0, not what you can find on the beta. But yeah at least beta info for chars will always be there.