Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Is there an optimal use of the milk and cookies/spooky cookies items? They seem extremely strong but very limited, so I don't want to waste them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

JosefStalinator posted:

Is there an optimal use of the milk and cookies/spooky cookies items? They seem extremely strong but very limited, so I don't want to waste them.

I don’t know about optimal and most days I’m too lazy to bother but when I do I usually eat a cookie and a mastery meal, then grape juice some rice, or mega beets or sunflowers depending on what I need. That takes around a minute so then I pop 2x breakfast boosts since they last 2 minutes each and slam through some sub 5 minute crops to work on GMing them. I’m on the last crop that works on though, dunno what I’ll do next.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Use them with mega seeds, consider saving them for rice mega seed (im assuming that will be added)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

JosefStalinator posted:

Use them with a bunch of mega seeds or rice, then plow through all your gold seeds with breakfast boost to get the mastery level up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

Could sell them for gold and convert them to large nets?

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Farming that 2nd golden potato just about killed my enthusiasm for this game. I was fortunate with watermelons though as I got it at 7k and somehow ended up with 2? Not sure if the double crop perk can hit on the rare drops or it was just the extremely unlikely scenario 2 crops dropped a heart (it was my active quest so I know I went from 0->2 in one harvest). Glad I'm ice fishing now as I really need that AK.

I was able to finish up the Strange Companions quest line so I think I'm "done" with Orange Geckos. I know there's always gonna be new quests but I feel like I should be throwing something else into the wishing well. I need honey but tossing in herbs seems like maybe a bad idea. Outside of the compass trick, what do people end up using that isn't crab claws?

Philouza fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 3, 2023

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Philouza posted:

Farming that 2nd golden potato just about killed my enthusiasm for this game. I was fortunate with watermelons though as I got it at 7k and somehow ended up with 2? Not sure if the double crop perk can hit on the rare drops or it was just the extremely unlikely scenario 2 crops dropped a heart (it was my active quest so I know I went from 0->2 in one harvest). Glad I'm ice fishing now as I really need that AK.

I was able to finish up the Strange Companions quest line so I think I'm "done" with Orange Geckos. I know there's always gonna be new quests but I feel like I should be throwing something else into the wishing well. I need honey but tossing in herbs seems like maybe a bad idea. Outside of the compass trick, what do people end up using that isn't crab claws?

Salt for spiked shells.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dancer posted:

Salt for spiked shells.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
What's the compass trick?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

delfin posted:

What's the compass trick?

Kaboobi posted:

throw a compass in the well, get a magna core
make a new compass, maybe the +45% chance of duplicating will get you two
repeat, until you have tens/hundreds/thousands of compasses

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Dancer posted:

Salt for spiked shells.

drat, didn't realize I'll need 1,000 of em once my inventory hits 2k.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The next time that Rubber Duckie pops up in the Exchange Center, I'll finally get past this Unexpected Visitor quest that's been hanging me up for a week.

Wall in the Way I will probably be another two weeks, based on honey and Well-toss progress.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honey and Spiked shells in the Borgen shop.

RIP my AC I'm maxing out on both.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Honey and Spiked shells in the Borgen shop.

RIP my AC I'm maxing out on both.

Yeah this rules. I should be able to easily get enough honey for remaining quests and put a huge dent in the number of shells I'll need

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Philouza posted:

Yeah this rules. I should be able to easily get enough honey for remaining quests and put a huge dent in the number of shells I'll need

Yeah I have 1k large chests to open. I’m probably going to be spending all day making rings.

Luckily mushroom paste is pretty cheap to trade for.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It got me the honey I'll need for Wall 1 and most of the spiked shells, so I'm good with that.

I am now fishing for a Langstaff Crest and staring at the beginning of A Towering Investment.

Edit: OJ bomb failed to find the crest, as expected. Wall I is actually closer now than ATI II.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 4, 2023

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I have 1k large chests to open. I’m probably going to be spending all day making rings.

Luckily mushroom paste is pretty cheap to trade for.

Same here. I started with medium chests so I could max out my apple cider.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I've got a feeling I'm going to be in cabbage/pine jail working through these Lake Effect quests. I'd love to be growing mushrooms. 24 hours of cabbage and I've got 5 frozen cabbage to show for it.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Yeah it's been rough. I need corn oil for the new fishing zone but I can't grow it until I have these drat cabbages!

I should probably just grow corn but I'm always paranoid about missing out on time limited things and I don't know how many quests are in the quest line. I'm on the third one and I need twenty frozen pines and cabbages.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yep I’ve got ten after two days of cabbages. Now onto pine.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So Cabbage/Pine/Peas all month it is then.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm not sure why I'm suddenly running out of Grapejuice all the time, I seem to be going through tons of it even when I'm not actively using it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Atoramos posted:

I'm not sure why I'm suddenly running out of Grapejuice all the time, I seem to be going through tons of it even when I'm not actively using it.

Do you have a Level 6 Mandrill? You should be getting 12 a day from that alone.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Klungar posted:

Do you have a Level 6 Mandrill? You should be getting 12 a day from that alone.

Yea I do, and I'm not (as far as I'm aware) feeding them to my raptors

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Atoramos posted:

are you making breakfast boosts

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Atoramos posted:

Raptor recovery?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

koshmar posted:

I've got a feeling I'm going to be in cabbage/pine jail working through these Lake Effect quests. I'd love to be growing mushrooms. 24 hours of cabbage and I've got 5 frozen cabbage to show for it.

I just did 7x grape juice on 44 rows of pine and got two frozen ones

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Atoramos posted:

Yea I do, and I'm not (as far as I'm aware) feeding them to my raptors

There was a recent holiday quest that took a few hundred, I didn't notice it at the time until my grape juice count was way lower than it should have been. Maybe you had that and a personal help request or two that needed it?

I also got the perk to use more grape juice per day.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So, I'm now on the questlines that'll unlock Large Island and Whispering Creek. Thing is, current LI quest needs A FUCKTON OF FISH, and the current WC quest needs me to scrap together a lot of cloaks. Should I focus one or the other or both, since cloaks and fishing nets need twine in some way

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Of the two, LI is probably more useful for silver, but best if you can make a lot of nets. WC is also nice for fruits and the occasional raptor, and you're probably itching to get some oak for friendship / crafting, so WC is also fine, it's a wash really.

If you're regularly out of twine, it sounds like you need to boost your hay field and saw mill. You'll need the twine later for nets anyway. And then realize that you're gonna need a lot of ferns for those green cloaks.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

widespread posted:

So, I'm now on the questlines that'll unlock Large Island and Whispering Creek. Thing is, current LI quest needs A FUCKTON OF FISH, and the current WC quest needs me to scrap together a lot of cloaks. Should I focus one or the other or both, since cloaks and fishing nets need twine in some way

You have plenty of twine. You can afford to pump twine production (sawmill + hay bale) to where it is not your limiting factor. Those cloaks will need like 50 fern leaves each, depending on perks, and cotton takes long to grow.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dancer posted:

You have plenty of twine. You can afford to pump twine production (sawmill + hay bale) to where it is not your limiting factor. Those cloaks will need like 50 fern leaves each, depending on perks, and cotton takes long to grow.

NFX posted:

Of the two, LI is probably more useful for silver, but best if you can make a lot of nets. WC is also nice for fruits and the occasional raptor, and you're probably itching to get some oak for friendship / crafting, so WC is also fine, it's a wash really.

If you're regularly out of twine, it sounds like you need to boost your hay field and saw mill. You'll need the twine later for nets anyway. And then realize that you're gonna need a lot of ferns for those green cloaks.

Sawmill was at 350 each, pumped it to 400. Hay Field was at 50 per 10m/300 per hour, so I burned 100m to pump that to 150 per 10m/900 per hour.

I'm probably going to mainline LM fishing for the foreseeable future. That and selling Sunflowers after a few days' worth of Grapejuicing them (they're my highest level seed available at 82). Fancy Pipe jail might not be enough.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Borgen was real real good today.

Ended with 1200 honey, 1200 spiked shells and 1200 seaweed

I even used 500 honey.

Winning

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I ended up putting everything in spiked shells: seaweed drops a little more often, and I am almost at my max storage of honey from my owl slowly collecting it.

Not that eleven spiked shells is a lot, but it's more than zero.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
I’m stressing out about voiding all the gems so I haven’t really properly taken advantage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

andy_social posted:

I’m stressing out about voiding all the gems so I haven’t really properly taken advantage.

I just ended up selling them as I went. I got like 40k /100k by the time I was done.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
All of my pets are up to L6 now, except for the Owl (L6 gimps honey production), Cat (already got shinefish from chests) and Penguin (not super useful). 99 Exploring is still quite a long way away; I'm closing in on 91 now, so it'll be ages before I can buy the other pets.

Fifty sea dragons and seventeen spiked shells left for Wall 1, and then there's a chicken-egg dilemma; Wall 4 drops the Langstaff Crest I need to finish Jundland, but that means making an assload of techy items without benefit of having cleared the sandwyrm first.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I burned through 500 something Large Chest 1s and I now have 1439 Spiked shells. As of yet I’ve only turned a couple in here or there for quests, but I’m sure people don’t talk about them like they’re recalling old war memories with good reason to.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If you put Frogs into the Wishing Well you get 1/3rd sea dragons and 1/3rd geckos.

Sorry should probably have posted this yesterday. I got 3k honey now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
And the last third is crab claw, which goes into the well for geckos/dragons/frogs... the circle of life is beautiful.