Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Foo Diddley posted:

a hot bath and a cold drink is some good poo poo. i like to read a book in there and just get toasty

Yay! Bath drinking buddy! :hfive: I like Mr. Bubble, I know it's childish but it reminds me of my childhood. I really like the scent.

(Okay I will stop talking about bubble baths now lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

mllaneza posted:

For e-book users, put it in a good quality zip lock bag. You can read through it, and it will register touch commands through the bag.

oh god drat this is brilliant

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Yay! Bath drinking buddy! :hfive: I like Mr. Bubble, I know it's childish but it reminds me of my childhood. I really like the scent.

(Okay I will stop talking about bubble baths now lol)

i get dr teal's 'cuz that's what the grocery store has

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 5, 2023

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for canceling a gift my husband ordered for me before it arrived?

How have you made it this far in life without learning basic communication? :psypop:

retirement really does gently caress with a lot of boomers

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Pirate Radar posted:

I hear you, and I considered this, but at the admitted risk of stereotyping this guy I guessed that when he says threesome he means “I get two chicks at the same time” and not “you get double-stuffed”.

E: unless his plan is to invite another guy into the picture and have him get her pregnant so he can leave

my read of the guy is that when he says he wants sex acts before they have kids he was not saying he thought the sex acts would cause the pregnancy ,he just wanted to be paid in sex acts of his choice in a tit-for-tat manuever? why does it even matter whether you can get knocked up in a threesome?

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

One of the nicknames for our cat was Shithead. Another was Dildo Jones.

Our shithead orange cat is Ajax, sometimes called Waddling Todd, Lardo McOrange, or (if I'm especially irritated with him) Mr. Trump.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for calling out my aunt on Facebook, who was saying that "they're cancelling family" to explain the truth?

lol, the family members packing a sad over this can get hosed too. "How dare you make an open bigot look bad with her own words to face the consequences of her bigotry!"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

edogawa rando posted:

lol, the family members packing a sad over this can get hosed too. "How dare you make an open bigot look bad with her own words to face the consequences of her bigotry!"

"But she didn't know YOU weren't straight, so that makes it okay to say awful things!"

Also I want to deck everyone saying it's "low class" to air your poo poo on Facebook, how she should have been a "better person", how she's an rear end in a top hat for hosting a family get-together and not inviting all family, how she should have done it in private, how inviting her and showing her how nice and normal they are could change her life, etc. They're getting downvoted to poo poo, and they deserve it, but I hate every last one of them all the same.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 5, 2023

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

My cat is called Cat. I had no idea other cats were not also called this.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Foo Diddley posted:

oh god drat this is brilliant

i get dr teal's 'cuz that's what the grocery store has

Shower beer with the Kindle app on any modern phone is the life. Just don't put the phone under the water stream, they're rated pretty high for water resistance. As a bonus, your entire body stays warm from the steam rather than parts being cold by being immersed in rapidly cooling water.
I'll admit I do miss the days when I wasn't too tall for modern American bath tubs.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Lone Badger posted:

My cat is called Cat. I had no idea other cats were not also called this.

Pro tip: all cats can be directly referred to as Cat

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Plastic lock baggies over devices in the bath is a revolutionary move in that I can't believe everyone doesn't do this once it was discovered

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i'm catsitting for a friend and this cat is deaf so i can call her whatever i want, she dont give a gently caress

just like a non-deaf cat

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Plastic lock baggies over devices in the bath is a revolutionary move in that I can't believe everyone doesn't do this once it was discovered

Hackers had a dude with headphones covered in plastic baggies in the shower in 1995, we just weren't ready for the knowledge.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PiratePrentice posted:

there ain't nobody around who can smoke 20 joints in a day

Hey man, I smoke two joints every morning, night, and afternoon. Also two joints in time of peace or two in time of war, and it's always one or the other. Then every time I smoke two joints, first I smoke two other joints, and then after I smoke two more for good measure. That's 24 joints a day, and it sure makes me feel all right

haveblue fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 5, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

haveblue posted:

Hey man, I smoke two joints every morning, night, and afternoon. Also two joints in time of peace or two in time of war, and it's always one or the other. Then every time I smoke two joints, first I smoke two other joints, and then after I smoke two more for good measure. That's 24 joints a day, and it sure makes me feel all right

We've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Nibling to me sounds like some kind of adorable little bitey critter, which is probably appropriate.

haveblue posted:

Haven't you got a pirate to pursue, Captain Smoker?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

PiratePrentice posted:

there ain't nobody around who can smoke 20 joints in a day like they do cigarettes
oh you sweet summer child

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Blue Moonlight posted:

If there’s anything that the carnival of errors that are advice subreddits has proven, it’s that you definitely can get babies out of threesomes.

Praying for my sister, she's having mmf threesomes at 44

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
okay, who's ready to get mad?

AITA for “ruining” my brothers book?

quote:

Okay so my (21F) brother (18M) has a collection of books, he has been collecting since he was around 10, he reads almost every day and has 2 large bookshelves in his room. I’ve recently started trying to read more and I saw a book recommendation online, I noticed my brother reading the same book a few days earlier and instead of buying one online I thought I’d just ask him if I could borrow his, he said he’d finished reading it and to go ahead but just return it when I’m finished. There was no problem with this on either end. Anyways I was reading the book in the living room, my brother came in, no problem. I folded the paper over to keep the page and as I was doing that he looked over and started shouting at me for bending the page, he grabbed the book from me and stormed upstairs and slammed his door, I followed him up to see why it was such a big problem but he continued to scream at me for “ruining” his books, I’ve always done that with books and I don’t understand why it’s bad, I get that he likes his books but jeez.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm simultaneously outraged and delighted that dogearing a book is still a thing in the year of our lord 2023

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Private Cumshoe posted:

Was discovering this how you earned your monicker?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If its a paperback, dogearing is a go.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

I was going to pray for a new bicycle but sure.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Foo Diddley posted:

okay, who's ready to get mad?

AITA for “ruining” my brothers book?

Just dogearing? Not snapping the spine? Wouldn't normally be a problem but it's a matter of personal preference. Because they are siblings my judgment is that she should buy her own copy of the book and a jar of booklice online and sprinkle them in his shelves when he's out.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was going to pray for a new bicycle but sure.

I was lying I'm not praying for her at all, she sucks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

I was lying I'm not praying for her at all, she sucks

I mean she better be or else the second guy is gonna feel left out

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Barudak posted:

I mean she better be or else the second guy is gonna feel left out

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Anticheese posted:

The real challenge is finding a good gender neutral term for aunts and uncles

Your parents' parents are your grandparents, making your parents' siblings your grandsiblings.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Tendales posted:

Your parents' parents are your grandparents, making your parents' siblings your grandsiblings.

While your grandparents *are* your parents' parents, your grandchildren are your children's children, so your grandsiblings would probably be your siblings' siblings

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

Good for her, I guess.

Barudak posted:

If its a paperback, dogearing is a go.

Absolutely not, no. Use a bookmark, or something to stand in as a bookmark.

Also, most Japanese paperbacks come with a thin ribbon built into the spine, which acts as a bookmark, like you can see with my copy of No Longer Human. This sort of thing should be normalised elsewhere.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Good for her, I guess.

Also, most Japanese paperbacks come with a thin ribbon built into the spine, which acts as a bookmark, like you can see with my copy of No Longer Human. This sort of thing should be normalised elsewhere.

I use smaller books as bookmarks.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A part of me is inspired to call nieces and nephews 'nuggets' and uncles and aunts 'tendies', but I'm also extremely weird. And potentially hungry for deep fried food.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I use smaller books as bookmarks.

:hmmyes:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Unread books show no wear.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
I use the receipt as a bookmark. Otherwise I dogear the book. Who cares? Oh no, a bit of the whitespace has a crease!

It's a mass-printed book and after I read it, it'll likely sit on the shelf until I move house, then it'll sit in a packing box for a year, then back on a new shelf if I didn't donate it already.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Unread books show no wear.

I remove the cover paper (or dust jacket as silly anglos call it - it's not made of dust at all, nor does it protect the book from dust in any way!) when I read books. They look pristine on my shelf.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

Good for her, I guess.

I usually fold the corner of the page inward, that works really well.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Tendales posted:

What if I’m my own grandpa?

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Activate posted:

I usually fold the corner of the page inward, that works really well.

I tear each page out after reading and burn it. Only I may have the knowledge.

actually I use a bookmark with a happy little hedgehog on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Creature posted:

I tear each page out after reading and burn it. Only I may have the knowledge.

actually I use a bookmark with a happy little hedgehog on it

I doubt it's very happy if you keep squishing it inside books :(