Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Grendel
Jul 21, 2001

Heh, heh, heh...bueno

D-Pad posted:

Extremely interested in the mP3s/Spotify tracks. Got a name or link?
This is supposedly it. I haven't tried it myself, I can't vouch for it, but I've seen a number of people say it's pretty good : https://open.spotify.com/album/2eGbTC5spJDyyxKqlSEYbR?si=9T4-ANKDRn2w4kXGxQefsQ&nd=1

Some other resources to check out are TMI's William Buhlman, and Luis Minero. I haven't had any success with any of it so far, but it's a fun little hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i've got a chunky archive of monroe stuff but i'm not about to eat a probe/ban for it. no idea how i'd share it without doxxing myself either, but I've got the gateway audio as cd rips and a bunch of newer(?) stuff like access to information and whatnot

some of it codes as very silly, but I can attest that I went to bed after listening to the access to information stuff, I did follow the instructions and I did indeed get information access, sort of.

I also very much stand by not trusting it, because of how it's set up, it includes stuff that opens you up to submission to authority and hierarchy and i'm not even joking but that's the biggest red flag for me that it's not all on the up and up

i've kinda just done hypnosis so much that my core self is decent at flatly rejecting what it doesn't want, but I felt like Monroe was trying to be sneaky more than once, and it takes a lot to rise those feelings from a meditative/trance state.

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 5, 2023

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

heres a PDF link to the FOIA stuff the black vault pulled re Monroe from CIA docs

https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/cia/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Sleekly posted:

heres a PDF link to the FOIA stuff the black vault pulled re Monroe from CIA docs

https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/cia/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

Pfft. At work I used to have like 10 of these sitting in drafts.

quote:

RE: DEADLINES

Dear sirs, before I lay bare the insurmountable philosophical and physiological obstacles to meeting current deadlines while maintaining some semblance of professional integrity, I invite you to consider Plato's cave allegory (spoiler alert: your metrics are the shadow animals devouring every part of my being that refuses to become multi-tasking-attuned twitch musculature)

Then I came back to the forums. Brain worms need an outlet.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

typhus posted:

OH BTW: a recent study demonstrated that simply looking at pictures of smiling faces for a short period in the days following a ketamine infusion can extend the therapeutic benefits by significant durations, on the order of months. Some enterprising sweetheart whipped up a web app to replicate it and it really does feel like it makes an impact: http://ketamine.games

That's amazing and I'm totally going to use this after my next session! Thanks!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

typhus posted:

OH BTW: a recent study demonstrated that simply looking at pictures of smiling faces for a short period in the days following a ketamine infusion can extend the therapeutic benefits by significant durations, on the order of months. Some enterprising sweetheart whipped up a web app to replicate it and it really does feel like it makes an impact: http://ketamine.games

My first thought about having to look at smiling faces was a deep disgusted sigh, because why would I want to look at a bunch of smiling assholes?

I probably need ketamine is what I'm getting at.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Where might one obtain ketamine asking for a friend.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

if you're in the US, then through your medical insurance (maybe? I don't know how the hellscape works there, I live in a different hellscape)

If you don't have medical insurance or you don't live in the US, then the same way one obtains any illegal drug

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Find a vet that handles large animals who is also *really* cool

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

first you need to obtain a horse

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Art Bell arguing with an open line caller that his cat's name is Ghost not Spirit.
"Art, your cat's name is Spirit. trust me."
"My cat's name is Ghost."
"Spirit, actually."
"Ghost."
"Spirit."

Etc. And then another caller and him talk about whether humans have visited Mars yet or not. Apparently it was an idea in the UFO community in the 90s, that we'd been to Mars and back.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

You can also find ketamine clinics on google (no idea about cost or intake hurdles) or if you see a psychiatrist, try to get them to write you a script

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Lampsacus posted:

Art Bell arguing with an open line caller that his cat's name is Ghost not Spirit.
"Spirit, actually."
"Ghost."
"Spirit."

Etc. And then another caller and him talk about whether humans have visited Mars yet or not. Apparently it was an idea in the UFO community in the 90s, that we'd been to Mars and back.

Check out Alternative 3, a 70s mockumentary that some people have latched onto as true

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

"Spirit, actually."
"Ghost."
"Spirit."

It's still a fairly common belief among UFO people who are not too far out there that there's a permanent human settlement on Mars

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thank you for the in depth answers! If it's on Spotify I definitely have no excuse for at least checking it out

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I can't speak to anything illicit. As for what I did:

Here in the US, Ketamine is classified as an anesthetic, and is also approved (in inhaled form) for treatment of some mental health issues. Through whatever loophole, non-inhaled forms of Ketamine are allowed for mental health issues as well. I live in a town of 80k-90k people and we have two clinics in town, if that gives you any idea of how common the clinics are. I went with the one whose schedule was most compatible with my work schedule, as the course of treatment is twice a week for three consecutive weeks (and you're definitely not doing any work after treatment). The ketamine is administered by an IV drip, where a timed pump slowly doses me over a course of 30-40 minutes.

Ketamine therapy is expensive and is not covered by most insurance, but supposedly some insurers will let you apply the cost toward your out-of-pocket costs for the year.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9P4SZgvYxM

Grendel
Jul 21, 2001

Heh, heh, heh...bueno

Sleekly posted:

Since this has come up, there's something about this document that has been slightly bugging me. The author says that Monroe states that the OBE Gateway tape 'employs Beta signals of "around 2877.3 CPS."''

That's an obvious typo for 28.773, right? Because 28 Hz places it within the Beta range, but 28K is way outside any brain wave range. I ask because I'm still fiddling with my own binaural beats, and I want to get it right.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Lampsacus posted:

This was (one part of) the concluding pieces of "Alternative 3", which was a british pseudo-documentary about investigating a secret Earth brain drain and discovering that people were being moved-off planet ahead of a global catastrophe (the so-called alternative 3, alternative 1 and 2 were moving people underground, and something else I forget). At the end of the series you discover we've already been to mars and found life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsVqa2xaBeQ

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rickshaw posted:

This was (one part of) the concluding pieces of "Alternative 3", which was a british pseudo-documentary about investigating a secret Earth brain drain and discovering that people were being moved-off planet ahead of a global catastrophe (the so-called alternative 3, alternative 1 and 2 were moving people underground, and something else I forget). At the end of the series you discover we've already been to mars and found life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsVqa2xaBeQ

Explains brexit

typhus
Apr 7, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bob Socko posted:

I can't speak to anything illicit. As for what I did:

My route in was the same, and the same course of treatment -- six session stabilization series with titrating doses each session, IV delivery. Actually what finally pushed me to do it was simply that I didn't want to go through the headache of finding psychedelics through more traditional means. (Which is something I still have to do, because now having experienced psychedelics, I got my sights on LSD at some point in the near future.)

Beyond the out of pocket cost, the only barrier was uncontrolled high blood pressure that had to be managed with medication before I could start. There are some at-home options that run a bit cheaper, though. Mindbloom and Joyous, I believe, do troches at home, though I can't speak to anything else about 'em besides the fact that they exist. There's also a couple of doctors that work nationwide with telehealth and do prescriptions for home administration, they're infrequently discussed on the Therapeutic Ketamine subreddit. I seem to recall a figure thrown around like $250 a month.

If anybody's thinking about it and has the means, I'd really encourage you to consider it. For treatment-resistant poo poo psychedelic therapy is every bit as miraculous as the studies report. If I knew a good way to invest in it, I'd do it today. Feels like The Future.

typhus has issued a correction as of 18:43 on Jan 5, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The russians killed a bird :smith:
https://twitter.com/MetaStudioLogic/status/1611053065037316096?s=20

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

that's it

that's my line

where's the nearest azov donation link? it's time to end the russian menace.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

that's it

that's my line

where's the nearest azov donation link? it's time to end the russian menace.

You say this, then it's gonna be all "Velcome to Earth" when Boris punches the octopus alien square in the nose while we all cheer after they blow up all our monuments.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Looks like it is gone. What was it?

typhus
Apr 7, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Demilich posted:

My first thought about having to look at smiling faces was a deep disgusted sigh, because why would I want to look at a bunch of smiling assholes?

I probably need ketamine is what I'm getting at.

You can put in your own pictures, I load mine up with Chris Christie cosplay and pictures of my dog

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

D-Pad posted:

Looks like it is gone. What was it?
Russian governor of Rostov oblast says they shot down a ball-shaped UFO
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-rostov-ufo-object-rostov-drone-1771582

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"The US military industrial complex is ginning up public support for a fake alien war!"

"Hold my vodka"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

humanity is in rebellion against the archons!!! blow them up Boris!!!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

honestly hope they're not out there shooting friends

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

saving private radar

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

already delete by FSB

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Jazerus posted:

saving private radar

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

chinese american drone

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sitting and idly thinking, I've come up with new personal theory for why the aayyys are watching but not interfering

because, as a real tragedy of errors, every time they've previously contacted us they made things worse accidentally
just dicking around, making the apes smart enough to wield fire and oh no now they're killing each other with clubs and spears
and then oops we've intervened again and now they're sacrificing people to appease us and they think we're gods, oh poo poo
and oops they took the gift of clean energy and they're using it to kill each other millions at a time

Iannucci-style well-meaning dunce aliens

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

maybe it's just really, really funny to just hang out and watch but it's also too much work to like, actually help and nobody wants to bother

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Russian governor of Rostov oblast says they shot down a ball-shaped UFO
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-rostov-ufo-object-rostov-drone-1771582

Ya well maybe if the aliens had made a deal with Nikita Khrushchev instead of Dwight D. Eisenhower to allow for controlled abduction and DNA splicing of the population of Earth this kind of poo poo wouldn't have happened.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

honestly I bet some alien anthropologist or whatever sat down at their desk and looked over all of profiles of earth nations they'd gathered, read the USA file and went "lmao wtf is this, on space god fr fr these people are whaaaack af, let's give them the space treaty and see what happens"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mostly unrelated but i picked up Gideon The Ninth.

Haven't read fiction much less ya fiction in a while but it's pretty cool as *gestures at birds* space stuff goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

mostly unrelated but i picked up Gideon The Ninth.

Haven't read fiction much less ya fiction in a while but it's pretty cool as *gestures at birds* space stuff goes

btw do you still want that book we talked about?