Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

honestly it's really funny that he's having to do this because even though it's the only reason answer to the problem, Corbyn's popular idea of "spend public money to benefit the public" is too homosexual and communist and he is never allowed to hand anything to that darned anti-Semite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

At least Tony Blair waited until after the election to dissapoint the public. Failson can't even get that right.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/steven_swinford/status/1610761144943185949

🧵

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Unions are a free market solution, Richie.

Why does our PM hate the free market?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's good, because people have forgotten that legal strike action with all the hoops to jump through and restrictions is the compromise by labour. If you make it almost impossible to strike legally then you'll see a rise in civil disobedience, wildcat strikes, sympathy strikes.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
The weak unelected leader of the mandateless junta today moved to... [continue the story]

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Only Kindness posted:

The weak unelected leader of the mandateless junta today moved to... [continue the story]

https://twitter.com/gathara/status/1610603290428952577

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Mick Lynch soon to get 30 years

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

what the gently caress?

at least the democrats have the decency to conduct a song and dance about how they wanted to do something but just couldn't manage to pull it off

i can't imagine the deranged party which would just straight up tell you they're not going to fix the problem

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Just an endless torrent of turds, plummeting into the worlds biggest fan.

That we went from Corbyn to this, and so many see it as an improvement really does make me queasy.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 5, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The dems are, in fact, doing something, right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMwWxL3jJD4

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mebh posted:

Just an endless torrent of turds, plummeting into the worlds biggest fan.

That we went from Corbyn to this and so many see it as an improvement really does make me queasy.

really hits home how bad opposition control is over here

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i can't imagine the deranged party which would just straight up tell you they're not going to fix the problem
I think he's trying to set up a kind of "I'm not going to sugar coat the truth" thing, except he's totally blown the honesty angle by lying about every single one of his pledges.

Or at least he might have if our goldfish brained media ever called him on any of them.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think he's trying to set up a kind of "I'm not going to sugar coat the truth" thing, except he's totally blown the honesty angle by lying about every single one of his pledges.

Or at least he might have if our goldfish brained media ever called him on any of them.

The media would have had to mention one of those pledges first. not getting any media attention can be good, as Keith has shown multiple times.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is it too late for me to run on the platform of "I will knock all these cunts out with the sceptre in the commons?"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Keith showing how in touch with modern life he is by talking about “chequebooks”

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Harry the Prince, gently caress off and shut up, goddamn

I hate the monarchy as much as the next man but fuuuuck

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

chird posted:

Harry the Prince, gently caress off and shut up, goddamn

I hate the monarchy as much as the next man but fuuuuck

What now? Did he piss on the queens grave?

chird
Sep 26, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

What now? Did he piss on the queens grave?

BBC News - Prince Harry accuses Prince William of physical attack in book - report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64170469

I'm just sick of seeing his face as top UK news as he attempts to extract every morsel of media attention humanly possible. My wrath is as much a critique of uk media as is it of poxy royals

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly, I prefer the press constantly doing CHAOS AT BUCKINGHAM AS PRINCE HARRY ACCUSES WILLIAM OF WANKING INTO EVERYONE'S CEREAL over the previous poo poo of like YAASSS QUEEN ELIZABETH WEARS BROACH THAT EPICALLY PWNS VLADIMIR PUTIN AT LATEST DRESSAGE VIP BOX.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

chird posted:

BBC News - Prince Harry accuses Prince William of physical attack in book - report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64170469

I'm just sick of seeing his face as top UK news as he attempts to extract every morsel of media attention humanly possible. My wrath is as much a critique of uk media as is it of poxy royals

That's probably the best way to stop getting Diana-ed.

Keep quiet and stay out of the news and your "accident" will be tragic.

Make a series of damning accusations and suddenly falling out of that window begins to look mighty suspicious.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean he moved to America, he's probably going to coincidentally die in a mass shooting.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

That's probably the best way to stop getting Diana-ed.

Keep quiet and stay out of the news and your "accident" will be tragic.

Make a series of damning accusations and suddenly falling out of that window begins to look mighty suspicious.

You say that but Diana wasn't exactly quiet.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

She hasn't been able to shut up ever since, if the Express's in-house mediums are anything to go by

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The funniest thing about all this is when the good things aren't possible.brigade try to convince me he's actually lying now and is going to be really radical really. Like the fact he constantly lies through his sombre, sensible frown should reassure me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, I saw that and blinked. I cannot think of anyone who was louder in the media than Diana. She played them perfectly.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Zalakwe posted:

The funniest thing about all this is when the good things aren't possible.brigade try to convince me he's actually lying now and is going to be really radical really. Like the fact he constantly lies through his sombre, sensible frown should reassure me.
Keith will probably abstain on Sunak's anti-union bill and you'll still hear these cunts saying that hes pro-union because he says he is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

Keith will probably abstain on Sunak's anti-union bill and you'll still hear these cunts saying that hes pro-union because he says he is.

But you really must still vote for them

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Zalakwe posted:

I get this as well, like he's going to rip the mask off.
I still think a Labour government wold be better than a Tory one, even if it is just shifting us two steps to the left... center.

Also, one thing I was thinking about the anti strike law.
Government - You must have 50% of the services running at any one time.
Unions - Fine, we'll do twice as many strikes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what the gently caress?

at least the democrats have the decency to conduct a song and dance about how they wanted to do something but just couldn't manage to pull it off

It's very simple. The reason that Labour are doing well is that the press aren't monstering them like they have for every Labour leader since Blair. This isn't for you, the filthy reality inhabiter. This is for the blood drenched psychopaths who run the media and are so convinced by their own bullshit that the very idea of public spending sends them into fits of convulsions. So Labour stays in the lane where they both publicly state they are angry about energy prices, low wages and the crumbling NHS but also very publicly come out against doing anything about it. Everything needs to change but we're not going to do anything about it, which is the only acceptable answer to our ruling class.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Tbh as far as I can tell almost all legal strikes in recent memory have either been tanked by the organisation and ignored or have ended up being 'settled' on marginally better but still poo poo compromises so cool, maybe this will encourage people to think a bit more, ahem, creatively about industrial action. I mean this is the UK we're talking about so lol if I think anything actually cool will happen but it wasn't really anyway so :shrug:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
ring the doctors surgery on my kids behalf quite literally 47 times to get through, only to spend another half hour on hold

"Sorry for the wait, we are experiencing unprecedented demand and are working very hard to respond to your queries"

between hold music so warped it's like radio telescope recordings of a neutron star gone hog wild

"Don't forget your inquiry is important to us, and we appreciate your patience"

now virgin media billing to find out why I'm paying more for a lesser package, hour+ in, no idea if the chat window is timed out or not

"Our dedicated team of professionals really are sorry for the delays and we understand your frustration"

clinic blames the pharmacy, pharmacy blames the clinic, no-one actually knows whats happening with the supply of the medication that makes my day to day life possible

it's the same tired excuses everywhere this morning and it feels really apt for this slow breakup of society we witness and even though it's been over sixteen years since I quit if I saw a cigarette right now I would smoke it so goddamn hard

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Grey Hunter posted:

I get this as well, like he's going to rip the mask off.
I still think a Labour government wold be better than a Tory one, even if it is just shifting us two steps to the left... center.

Also, one thing I was thinking about the anti strike law.
Government - You must have 50% of the services running at any one time.
Unions - Fine, we'll do twice as many strikes.

The anti strike laws.are.very dumb even by this Government's standards. The public aren't with them. Their trapped entirely in their Telegraph sponsored bubble now.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

DesperateDan posted:

between hold music so warped it's like radio telescope recordings of a neutron star gone hog wild
I'm 100% convinced that hold music is distorted and lovely on purpose to try to drive people into hanging out out of sheer annoyance. It's all digital! There's no reason for it to sound like it's being played from a wonky Dictaphone in a tin bath!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was always under the impression that the hold music was indeed designed to make you frustrated and hang up, hence why the tune is poo poo, it sounds distorted and before you can come around to tuning it out it jumps into a sudden THANK YOU FOR HOLDING etc. etc.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2A8q3XIhu0

Tom Scott has a video why holding music sucks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

EDF's hold music on the business line doesn't suck - it's Give It Away by Zero 7, which as restful music that can loop indefinitely goes is second only to Weightless by Marconi Union.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2A8q3XIhu0

Tom Scott has a video why holding music sucks.

He raises fair points, but I feel someone could have composed a special holding tune that isn't nuclear dogshit.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jedit posted:

EDF's hold music on the business line doesn't suck

Well I mean, if they had lovely music could you imagine how many subservient British subjects might actually get mad at their £20,000 monthly energy bill and actually take physical actions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Zalakwe posted:

The anti strike laws.are.very dumb even by this Government's standards. The public aren't with them. Their trapped entirely in their Telegraph sponsored bubble now.

True but if living in Britain the last 3233 (ugh) years have taught me anything it's that no matter how little support a government's policies might have the public will, at best, just sit and tut about it. So really, the Tories might as well have all the support in the world.