Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Played a little DDS. I love how alien all the characters and world is so far.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wouldnt be mad if sub forced month 2 to be dds2 and allowed trophies to carry over

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the music and vibe in DDS is so killer so far. I don't know if I'll beat it in a month, knowing myself, but I'm loving it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

month 2 will be dragon quest VII and you will generously have the entirety of february to complete it

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I probably would have bounced off it, but after playing XBC3 and DQ I feel primed for this kind of game.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

: Finish the game
: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

I played this so many times as a kid I could blaze through it deathless. Not so much any more, but I still love this drat game.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

A very easy game (unless you purposely make it harder on yourself) but a very fun game. Nailed the spider with the hadouken so I'm happy.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i dont like the instrumentation (always thought the snes kinda sounded like rear end) but spark mandrill is one of the best songs in any game ever

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

i dont like the instrumentation (always thought the snes kinda sounded like rear end) but spark mandrill is one of the best songs in any game ever

Capcom used a weird soundfont and lots of effects like gated reverb that always made their SNES soundtracks sound kinda off even when the compositions were good

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

the password theme is my favorite song in the game. maybe all of mega man.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Capcom used a weird soundfont and lots of effects like gated reverb that always made their SNES soundtracks sound kinda off even when the compositions were good

it makes everything sound cheesy but in a way that i love

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

tawal posted:

the password theme is my favorite song in the game. maybe all of mega man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCWB1tjetkY

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A good time. the sigma fight kinda sucks but i tried to make it a challenge by not healing during the fights. evnetually got good enough at hadoukening out the trash opening phases. best parts of this game are all the reploid stages, and dash jumping just feels good whenevr you do it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
why does he merge with his dog

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
probably a reference to rush armor?? idfk dude, why are you asking me

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

why dont you

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol excellent sig

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Playtime is starting.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol excellent sig

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Playtime is starting.

;p;

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol excellent sig

ty :cheersdoge:

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

it's good.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i feel like i got too many cte injuries as a kid but i really like fireman's theme. the rhythmic buzzing feels like a weird quirk they found early on that they decided to make a song with. would have been better for elec man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTIdRD5qrag

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I like that it is gentle to my eyes.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think I’m going to save Sigma’s fortress for tomorrow but I’ve got everything else so:

Really fun game, although the difficulty scaling is kind of weird—it was kicking my rear end hard until I got the body armor and a few heart tanks and it’s been a breeze since, although maybe I shouldn’t be so cocky before the final dungeon. I beat all the classic mega man games when I was a kid (well, all the existing ones at the time, I still need to go back for 9 through 11) but never an X game, so this has been fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its not going to get much more difficult, getting 100% makes you stupid OP.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

MMX1 sounds perfect to me, but all the other SNES MMX games sound loving weird and bad to me. Like they’re using the soundfont wrong or something? I wish I knew enough about music to try and explain it better. It just sounds like poo poo! Though to be fair I don’t think the sequels came out in Aus so maybe I just didn’t have decades to get used to it? Much to consider.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Kins posted:

MMX1 sounds perfect to me, but all the other SNES MMX games sound loving weird and bad to me. Like they’re using the soundfont wrong or something? I wish I knew enough about music to try and explain it better. It just sounds like poo poo! Though to be fair I don’t think the sequels came out in Aus so maybe I just didn’t have decades to get used to it? Much to consider.

while i loving hate the lovely electric guitar instrument in mmx at least its not the muffled trumpets from every song in alttp. thank god for link between worlds for finally making those songs sound great

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hit my first roadblock in DDS because I've been neglecting Heat since the start of the last dungeon, time to teach someone else some fire magic lol.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Hit my first roadblock in DDS because I've been neglecting Heat since the start of the last dungeon, time to teach someone else some fire magic lol.

sick sig

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

cool sig

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Off

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Playtime is starting.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i like the trumpets in lttp

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

been a very long time since i've played this all the way through. still really good. my ps2 is acting up in a way that i do not have the energy to try and fix right now so i'm probably gonna play dds on emulator for the time being. tragic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol excellent sig

the zone lookin sharp as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

been a very long time since i've played this all the way through. still really good. my ps2 is acting up in a way that i do not have the energy to try and fix right now so i'm probably gonna play dds on emulator for the time being. tragic

Evil Eagle posted:

good sigs