Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Torque is about as “to do with motorcycles” as movies get so I have to assume it’s a mixup with something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
every new boss in no more heroes 3 keeps pushing the boundaries further and further, this truly is the garden of insanity

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What I mean is that Torque could literally be about Bronze Age chariots or someone's sick ethereum mining rig. The motorcycles are just the vessel through which the insanity of the movie is delivered.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All right, today I got the letting Lem & Mina board the Sidereal Horizon ending in Citizen Sleeper! I guess you can keep going after that, although it's usually hard for me to continue with a story after the credits roll. Neat little game, I can see why so many people like it.

So far in 2023 I have completed:

Citizen Sleeper

Next Up: Who knows!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Motorcycle engines which famously produce vast amounts of torque :rolleye:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Torque but the motorcycles have butts and it's called Twerk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've run through the first and second runs for Leon and Claire in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, had a blast, and lol at the ending where Sherry is just like,"Welp, poo poo happens" about her parents being dead, which is fair enough given they were giant pieces of poo poo and also the fact that Leon and Claire met and interacted for all of 30 minutes but are basically best friends/a potential couple now. The game looks fantastic which actually clashes a little with the older style of gameplay, but I really enjoyed it and am glad I got to experience it looking as good as it did.

Had a weird glitch where I don't think the environment loaded during the epilogue though so the characters are just walking through a weird cloudy/foggy void, which actually gave a kind of hosed up feeling like maybe they just straight up died and went to heaven and their minds just tricked them into thinking they killed the G-Virus :tinfoil:

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I've run through the first and second runs for Leon and Claire in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, had a blast, and lol at the ending where Sherry is just like,"Welp, poo poo happens" about her parents being dead, which is fair enough given they were giant pieces of poo poo and also the fact that Leon and Claire met and interacted for all of 30 minutes but are basically best friends/a potential couple now. The game looks fantastic which actually clashes a little with the older style of gameplay, but I really enjoyed it and am glad I got to experience it looking as good as it did.

Had a weird glitch where I don't think the environment loaded during the epilogue though so the characters are just walking through a weird cloudy/foggy void, which actually gave a kind of hosed up feeling like maybe they just straight up died and went to heaven and their minds just tricked them into thinking they killed the G-Virus :tinfoil:

REmake2 might have been the best thing I played last year. It might be my favorite in the series now?

It also kinda felt like they finally found the right mix of the survival horror, tension-heavy RE AND the bombastic stupid action movie RE. Extremely good poo poo all around IMO

I feel like RE4 has insanely high expectations against it (both in terms of succeeding RE2 and the legacy of the OG RE4) but I can't wait to play it all the same.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
RE4's success absolutely hinges on whether the giant mechanical Salazar statue made it in or not.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they do to 4, I love the game but you have to wrestle the controls and it is showing its age, and getting to play that batshit insane story with modern graphics and hopefully easier to control characters is gonna rule.

I've never played 3, I'm gonna hold off for a little bit so I don't burn out but really hoping it lives up to 2.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Re4 remake is gonna be game of the year 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

hatty posted:

I will too because I’m an SRPG sicko but I’m not that excited about it

If you're not excited about the game why are you going to buy it? I don't get it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As long as you can move and aim at the same time Resi 4 Remake will be a vast improvement

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/frwololo/status/1610815598811914242?t=Ry1yLAU1uMvcmQApHLEMzw&s=19

Speaking of PS5s, if you have one and it's standing vertical, put that poo poo horizontal immediately. Console repairers are noting that a design flaw can cause the liquid used to cool the CPU to spill out when the console is upright and cause permanent damage.

Wasn't the same with PS2 where keeping vertical could potentially gently caress it up?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

oh, that's just his middle finger

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is there a source for that which isnt "wololo dot net"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Escobarbarian posted:

As long as you can move and aim at the same time Resi 4 Remake will be a vast improvement

It's a good job they designed the original around having to stop to shoot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It's a good job they designed the original around having to stop to shoot

True but I hate it so much that I wasn’t able to get past it and just enjoy the game. It’s so annoying

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sadly RE4 is good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is there a source for that which isnt "wololo dot net"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Escobarbarian posted:

True but I hate it so much that I wasn’t able to get past it and just enjoy the game. It’s so annoying

On the one hand drat bro that's one of the greatest games ever wtf dude....

But on the other hand I just ditched yakuza 3 because the constant blocking from the enemies irritated me so I can relate

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Man. The hitman thrillogy has to be my fave trilogy of all time

It is extremely satisfying both playing as the world's greatest hitman and the world's worst shitman

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escobarbarian posted:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
RE4 really was so good. Its so over the top stupid sometimes. But never overly so. It hit that sweet spot of being enoyably corny. Plus its fun to play.

Man did they gently caress up that formula up for RE5

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/frwololo/status/1610815598811914242?t=Ry1yLAU1uMvcmQApHLEMzw&s=19

Speaking of PS5s, if you have one and it's standing vertical, put that poo poo horizontal immediately. Console repairers* are noting that a design flaw** can cause the liquid used to cool the CPU to spill out when the console is upright and cause permanent damage.

* one guy who appears to be 98% bone
** physical damage like trying to crack your system open to mod it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

RE4 really was so good. Its so over the top stupid sometimes. But never overly so. It hit that sweet spot of being enoyably corny. Plus its fun to play.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I lolled when this moment got a shoutout in Village

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Finished up Inscryption this week. What a treat! Got a lot more out of it then I was expecting.

Now I don't know what to play and I am having one of those moments where I just scroll through my steam library but don't feel like playing anything. :smith:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
playstation standers losing their loving minds itt confronted with the horizontal needs of their shameful device

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Infinitum posted:

Everytime I see Atomic Heart it looks amazing, and I hope the gameplay holds up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah74ys4t3Fs

How much Russian are the devs of this? I see them referred to everywhere as a Russian game studio but their own site says they were founded in Cyprus. Lot of cyrillic in their studio photos though.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

ymgve posted:

How much Russian are the devs of this? I see them referred to everywhere as a Russian game studio but their own site says they were founded in Cyprus. Lot of cyrillic in their studio photos though.

They are a Russian studio with their headquarters in Cyprus, probably because exporting things from Russia is ... you know.

also, this is from wikipedia:

Controversy

In January 2019, a report was published on gaming forum ResetEra that cited anonymous sources within Mundfish who reported about mass layoffs and incompetency at the studio.[3][12][13] The report stated that development had been rebooted as of August 2018, and it resulted in a gameplay downgrade.

In November 2022 a report was published on gaming forum ResetEra that cited an article on DTF.ru published on October 17, 2022, by Andrey Apanasik who reported crunch, bad management, no milestones set, reboots, multiple prototypes, feature creep, high turnover rate.[14][15][16]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

RE5 and RE6 are direct responses to the market veering sharply into copying RE4's homework and the necessity to keep escalating the spectacle in order to keep pace with those changing trends

i'd argue we would not have gotten a game as phenomenally good as RE7 if RE5/6 hadn't pushed RE into as much of a franchise death spiral as they did. RE7 is only possible if you realize as a company that you're dangling by your fingernails, and so they gave nakanishi and his team total creative freedom and an incredible inhouse engine, and the result is arguably one of the best survival horror titles ever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RE6 kind of owns

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

RE6 kind of owns

Yes

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
resident evil 6 is one of only 2 games i'll say are objectively terrible but still weirdly enjoyable to play - the other is crash bandicoot: wrath of cortex

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

ok yeah true, that owned

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Chris’ campaign is awful but the rest of RE6 is dumb fun, better than 5 at the least

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
RE5 is great fun with a friend and really replayable once you get your guns fully upgraded. RE6 is an absolute tire fire, but somehow gets way more fun the more time you put into it.

They were decent, but yeah the shift backwards in complexity with RE7 is exactly what they needed to do with the series.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

Chris’ campaign is awful but the rest of RE6 is dumb fun, better than 5 at the least

Chris' campaign's the best one. Especially if you play as Piers - you get to end the game as Mega Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if you stand the ps5 vertically you have more room to put all of the many varied exclusives on the shelf next to it