Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kale
May 14, 2010

MJeff posted:

This really encapsulates what makes Elon so special. Most of these morons, like Tate or Peterson or Catturd or Trump or Cruz or pick whichever you like. They have zero self awareness and zero shame or they've been so well coached in not publicly appearing as though they have any that there's no functional difference.

Elon is clearly aware of the situation he got himself into and he clearly does have enough shame to know that he is loving up, maybe if not the magnitude to which he's loving up. But he can't stop anyway. He could just stop tweeting, but he can't.

It's magnificent. I can't wait for the movie. I hope Cumerbatch plays him in the movie. Maybe Jesse Eisenberg.

This is the guy whose theory was to elect the party in congress thats so divisive it can't even get past the vote of choosing a speaker for its first house majority in 4 years so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1611044282030518272?s=20&t=Yg5Ib4lgnKeGwzuGMZjlmQ

“Bloo bloo, I am one of the richest people in history, why won’t people be nicer?”

The newspapers are reprinting my stupid rear end tweets that I keep making GBS threads out unprompted, and that's bullying

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
https://twitter.com/melhuman/status/1610707061561765888?s=46&t=iSQ19thsqawt18UT9gblgg

Just in case you find yourself needing to tow a black hole.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Tiny Timbs posted:

lol I never realized it had custom tires

anybody who buys this thing is a loving idiot

Came to post this. The ONE thing truck guys care about over everything is the tire brand on their truck. Forcing them into a set of tires is the dumbest thing I can think of.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Famously harsh critic of Elon Musk: the media

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That would probably count as false advertising in a lot of places.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

all I can see is that Robocop game from the 90s

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

With zero friction, any vehicle can pull a near infinite mass

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Noxville posted:

And with zero wrinkles, you get a brain like ol’ Musky!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

goatface posted:

That would probably count as false advertising in a lot of places.

define near infinite

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Noxville posted:

Just need to get those gas thrusters working, and the cybertruck can tow us straight to Mars :awesomelon:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

kazil posted:

define near infinite

All numbers are equally close to infinity

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Roblo posted:

I don't mind it, it's hardly stand out but it's not offensive. Tesla's just look so drat dull. Like you took a normal car and melted it just a tad (not impossible, given their tendancy for flames)

The roadster looked ok, but I found out this week it was a copy of a Lotus Elise anyway so, yeah.

I really hate the pointy C-pillars on Teslas.

Like, all cars have stupid C-pillars nowadays (Honda, Nissan, just stop please I beg you) but Tesla's just look so drat low-effort.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

What, are they selling CyberTrailers too? What the hell is that thing?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Evilreaver posted:

Looking into this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I also love that "pull ___ mass" and "tow ____ pounds" are literally making the same claim so ... the gently caress

Only Elon himself could have written that ad copy because who, taking their job seriously, could have

supabump
Feb 8, 2014

Evilreaver posted:

you only learn this if you earned your stem degree or if you actually care enough about math to teach yourself

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

FPzero posted:

That is the original NES. We forget because of how small consoles have gotten but in past they were the size of trailers.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

FPzero posted:

Because your cybertruck actually holds less than a flattened morris minor.
Need to bring your cybertools to your cyberwork?
Then $15000 extra please.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Data Graham posted:

I also love that "pull ___ mass" and "tow ____ pounds" are literally making the same claim so ... the gently caress

Only Elon himself could have written that ad copy because who, taking their job seriously, could have

mass is not weight

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Outside of Presidents/Heads of State and, I dunno, bin Laden, when was the last time an individual sucked up so much of the collective bandwidth of the culture? I wanna say maybe OJ in the mid-nineties?

What will it take for people to stop paying so much attention to him? Will he be able to command this much attention so long as he’s near the top of the Rich List and just Keeps Posting?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

500excf type r posted:

mass is not weight

yeah how much can it tow in space

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Data Graham posted:

yeah how much can it tow in space

near infinite would be my guess

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
It can pull near infinite mass, but only 14,000 lbs.

So I guess the infinite mass is when you're in 0 gravity?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

We're towing the planet to mars.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FPzero posted:

That's a horse trailer, it was given development priority due to Elon's specific needs vis-a-vis various air hostesses.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Data Graham posted:

I think towing involves the ability to steer and brake as well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

They're probably drawing a difference between "can theoretically cause to move" and "can feasibly move and brake at reasonable driving speed".

The only reason I can think for pushing the first part is immediacy of torque in electric motors, and that faces annoying mechanical problems getting in the way of the pretty maths and would also apply to any EV.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I know there is the technical distinction but are we really splitting hairs on what exact definition they're adhering to when the word "infinite" is being used

There's that whole thing where they get to say "hey lol an electric motor has INFINITE TORQUE right off the line" but come on

Kale
May 14, 2010

Why does it look like somebody photoshopped the side of an NES as a truck/trailer?

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
"near infinite mass" is the product name of a small little trailer they're going to sell for it

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Speleothing posted:

It can pull near infinite mass, but only 14,000 lbs.

So I guess the infinite mass is when you're in 0 gravity?

The Cybertruck can function as a spaceship for limited periods.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You won't be laughing when the cyber truck tows the Earth into the sun

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

steinrokkan posted:

so what happens when two cybertrucks try to tow each other in different directions

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

so what happens when two cybertrucks try to tow each other in different directions

Reality rips in half, and we’re all finally released from this simulation :unsmith:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcFe-ozVF_c

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
twitter rolling out an incredibly poo poo new promotion feature? bizarre website malfunction? my phone is haunted? who knows. all i know is that trying to tap through to this specific qrt from the timeline view causes me to have to read about the cybertruck. it definitely only seems to be this specific qrt and only from the timeline, from what i see so far.

https://twitter.com/fedule/status/1611075843593232384

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

steinrokkan posted:

I will, but for different reasons

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont think they can really get in trouble for false advertising unless someone buys the truck, attempts to tow "near infinite mass" with it, and proves that it cannot.

this is unlikely to happen because first they would have to actually manufacture the truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Earwicker posted:

i dont think they can really get in trouble for false advertising unless someone buys the truck, attempts to tow "near infinite mass" with it, and proves that it cannot.

this is unlikely to happen because first they would have to actually manufacture the truck

"1/10, would not recommend. Struggled on inclines when towing my white dwarf star."