Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

Love to quaff an ice cold Topo Chico

La Croix losers lovers vacate

e: also NBS is just trying to live up to his name by stopping up the exit

I actually like La Croix too but Topo Chico and mineragua are my seltzers of choice in my new life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1611045920799350784

:nyoron:

Video on the link if you want to see some hot totties.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Pineapple flavored Spindrift also is great

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pron on VHS posted:

I just drink so many neutral or bitter things that spindrift tastes like candy to me. It’s tooooo much.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

LeeMajors posted:

I just drink so many neutral or bitter things that spindrift tastes like candy to me. It’s tooooo much.

I also drink and consume a lot of bitter things. The grapefruit spindrift is my fav bc I can taste the orange juice they add to it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

But where will I post a pic of it?

If a chicken wing is ordered and not posted in a GDT, was it actually consumed?

:thunk:

I'll just post a GDT specifically for eatin' wings.

I'm actually kinda glad there's no Thursday game this week. I don't think I'd be hype for a game tonight even with Hamlin apparently awake and responsive.

Edit: Polar seltzer is my go to. Waterloo has some decent flavors but their black cherry has a nasty cough syrup taste to it. La Croix is fine.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

LeeMajors posted:

I hope to be there soon. I’m quitting almost 20 years of quaffing 2-5 diet soda cans a day.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

I'll just post a GDT specifically for eatin' wings.

I'm actually kinda glad there's no Thursday game this week. I don't think I'd be hype for a game tonight even with Hamlin apparently awake and responsive.

Edit: Polar seltzer is my go to. Waterloo has some decent flavors but their black cherry has a nasty cough syrup taste to it. La Croix is fine.
If you post one I'll order wings via DoorDash so it will arrive at the same time as a regular game.

Wait… maybe we can do Jackbox tonight. General Dog?

And I'll drink a La CroixTopo Chico with it too.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

Today I had to go into work because my VPN didn't work.

Today I found a bullet hole through 3 layers of wall and one layer of glass in the office!

My boss insisted I don't have any valid security concerns about being in the office. Good news for me is this will make annual reviews much more fun. Especially if my boss doesn't tell corporate!

Edit: Nobody is hurt. We don't know when the gun was fired.

Aaaand I'm home.

The cops shrugged and suggested it was a 10mm. A 10mm bullet cut through my office from the outside, and traveled about 40 feet. If anyone had been in the office when it was fired, there were 4 or 5 different seats where someone could have taken a shot to the chest or head.

It's a good thing having people to come in increases camaraderie and Productivity Metrics (TM).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
For the ~*~culture~*~

Glad you nor your co workers got got

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Pron on VHS posted:

Spindrift makes a cucumber seltzer that is probably the best seltzer I’ve ever had but they only seem to sell it at Cava. It’s immensely frustrating.

Kalli posted:

The gently caress around -> find out pipeline

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm applying for a new trucking job, and the one place that is real local has, on their website, a place to upload my resume and fill out a cover letter. Ok, I signed up for Indeed, I'll just use that one, but a cover letter for trucking? What the gently caress would that be?

"Hi, I am applying to work for you because I like driving and making money. Hire me please."

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

I'm applying for a new trucking job, and the one place that is real local has, on their website, a place to upload my resume and fill out a cover letter. Ok, I signed up for Indeed, I'll just use that one, but a cover letter for trucking? What the gently caress would that be?

"Hi, I am applying to work for you because I like driving and making money. Hire me please."

“I won’t blab about the auto-drive system.”

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

likely some purchased solution that either wasn't configured or isn't configurable to remove that since it's not relevant.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Blowjob Overtime posted:

lol, my exact mindset walking out of the 4 hour second half of the PE exam after 2.5 hours. Guessing you crushed it, but definitely understand the anxiety. Any idea when the results are due? Assuming it's soon if you're :f5: ing

Up to 3 business days, technically, but most people get them back the same day. :justpost: the results, NREMT!

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah you crushed it. Congrats!

Thank you sir!

Freaquency posted:

The gently caress around -> find out pipeline

I don't want to cheer on someone getting burned, but ... Yeah.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Think of it not as an annoying burden but an opportunity. Being able to provide a cover letter is great because it lets you put things that don't fit in the rest of a form-letter or formal resume. You can say something short and sweet that helps you stand out. "I know some guys who drive for your company, you've come highly recommended and I'm excited to join the family" (only if that is true, of course) for example.

That's general resume advice though, I heard they're desperate for truckers these days so maybe there's no question that you'll get that callback regardless?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Neil Armbong posted:

likely some purchased solution that either wasn't configured or isn't configurable to remove that since it's not relevant.
At least it was optional.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

CannonFodder posted:

Use ChatGPT. Prompt it with some of their stuff from their ‘about us’ part of the website. See what it pops out.

When I was applying to zillions of jobs in grad school I had 2-3 basic cover letters that I’d adjust a few words on and change the company name. Don’t know if they ever got read. I wouldn’t waste much time on it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

The law does get unevenly applied so I don't think it's necessarily bad that people are thinking about this. For example, early last year, the county I lived in repealed wearing a helmet on a bike (which is a noble idea and in theory should save lives), because cops only went after minority people who weren't wearing them. The analysis showed the discriminatory costs were hurting them more than the push to have them wear helmets.

Yeah, everyone should wear a helmet when riding a bike. But I've gone helmetless in places with a helmet law, in front of cops, and never been hassled. I have seen cops use that excuse to hassle black teenagers more than once.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
cross posting from the Damar Hamlin thread

:unsmith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
This is juicier than a ice cold glass of pineapple Spindrift

https://twitter.com/rightwingwatch/status/1611025349030318082?s=46&t=DENK1ldQIAnI-LS6RxI1Tw

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
lol harlot

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

So funny story. The 4 power substations that were shot up in Washington state on Christmas?

Two guys did it, so they could rob a place.

... they had their cellphones on them at all 5 spots.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/two-charged-attacks-four-pierce-county-power-substations

Kalli posted:

quote:

Another worker said that the suspects dropped their phones as they fled the fire and they are now in the hands of authorities.

Noticing a theme.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

I actually like La Croix too but Topo Chico and mineragua are my seltzers of choice in my new life.

I can't do La Croix, there just isn't enough carbonation in it for me.

Hy-Vee (Midwest grocery chain) sells carbonated water coolers for dirt cheap, 79 cents per liter bottle, and the lime and strawberry flavors are utterly amazing. No sugar, no calories, great taste.

I also like Perrier's lime flavor.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Skwirl posted:

Noticing a theme.

Yep. Obviously a frame job :tinfoil:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Think of it not as an annoying burden but an opportunity. Being able to provide a cover letter is great because it lets you put things that don't fit in the rest of a form-letter or formal resume. You can say something short and sweet that helps you stand out. "I know some guys who drive for your company, you've come highly recommended and I'm excited to join the family" (only if that is true, of course) for example.

That's general resume advice though, I heard they're desperate for truckers these days so maybe there's no question that you'll get that callback regardless?

Yeah, everyone is desperate for truckers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The voice crack when he says "whore" is a nice touch.

Also lol who the hell is this guy again

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A somehow even lamer Jack Poboseic.

His biggest claim to fame is he was invited to the white house once with some other social media influences, but this dude is seriously insignificant.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

A somehow even lamer Jack Poboseic.

His biggest claim to fame is he was invited to the white house once with some other social media influences, but this dude is seriously insignificant.

LMAO. strong 'couldn't hook up with a swinger even though I went out drinking with her' vibes.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
My wife and kids go through lots of sparkling water, so we got a Sodastream for Christmas. It's worth it not to have to lug those crates of cans around anymore.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LLCoolJD posted:

My wife and kids go through lots of sparkling water, so we got a Sodastream for Christmas. It's worth it not to have to lug those crates of cans around anymore.

My ex-wife and I had a Sodastream. It's really nice, but the CO2 refills are hella expensive. Convenient enough, though, if you have a Target or Bed Bath & Beyond near you, as they do canister exchanges.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just watched the trailer for Renfield and wasn't into it until the reveal. Really wish the cop wasn't cast directly from a marvel movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LmO6rmDW08

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

e: Well the cop was in a Marvel movie, so makes sense. Awkwafina seems to play the same character no matter what movie she's in though.

Did you leak some poo poo to the press Fiz?

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 5, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

You cast Awkwafina in a movie because you want Awkwafina, there's a lot of actors like that, they do one thing and they do one thing well, they don't disappear into the role. It's like complaining about Arnold Schwarzenegger acting the same in every movie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is probably the sex tape that everyone in Atlanta has known existed for like two years

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

You cast Awkwafina in a movie because you want Awkwafina, there's a lot of actors like that, they do one thing and they do one thing well, they don't disappear into the role. It's like complaining about Arnold Schwarzenegger acting the same in every movie.

Yeah but who looks at a cast list and goes "you know what this movie needs, someone with no talent who's really loving annoying"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Just watched the trailer for Renfield and wasn't into it until the reveal. Really wish the cop wasn't cast directly from a marvel movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LmO6rmDW08

Oh yeah, I forgot about this one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonna be honest, the only reason I have even the vaguest idea of who Awkwafina is is due to Bojack Horseman.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

BlindSite posted:

Yeah but who looks at a cast list and goes "you know what this movie needs, someone with no talent who's really loving annoying"

She’s the loving worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Timby posted:

I can't do La Croix, there just isn't enough carbonation in it for me.

Hy-Vee (Midwest grocery chain) sells carbonated water coolers for dirt cheap, 79 cents per liter bottle, and the lime and strawberry flavors are utterly amazing. No sugar, no calories, great taste.

I also like Perrier's lime flavor.

Hey, I know those carbonated water things! I loved them in high school, then developed an aversion to them in college when they were my go-to mixer for lovely vodka.