Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1611083046354321409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

the Bills bandwagon fanbase is going to be massive this post-season.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Well yeah, you have to restart it from the beginning.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

been one of the primary new stories nationally since you went down.

Actually internationally. It has been a consistent top story on BBC, Reuters, etc.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

How awesome. That went from "well, he's awake" to "yeah he's writing down questions about the game" in a few hours.

Such good news.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
NYTimes has a copy of the radio traffic from the stadium if you are in to that https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/05/sports/football/damar-hamlin-response-audio-recording.html

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I want so bad to see his reaction to finding out about his charity and the outpouring of support he's received. That's going to be so surreal for him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great news, hope the recovery continues to go well

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

loving awesome news y'all.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:unsmith:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
cool

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Doctor reportedly said “Suit up, you have 5 minutes to warm up and then play resumes”

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

hell yeah

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I want so bad to see his reaction to finding out about his charity and the outpouring of support he's received. That's going to be so surreal for him.

Just based on my seizure/aspiration/coma experience they'll probably tell him like eight times before it sticks in the memory for real.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

This loving rules

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

NYTimes has a copy of the radio traffic from the stadium if you are in to that https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/05/sports/football/damar-hamlin-response-audio-recording.html

I'll listen to CVR and ATC traffic for plane crashes, but won't touch this.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im so happy, was feeling weird for the past couple days and this is a great sign.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Seen somewhere the NFL is going to rule that Bills-Bengals game a no contest. Would be a footnote if not for all the gambling.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Sash! posted:

i mean, its good not to inundate oneself with poo poo like that but this seems like a weird line lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For gambling doesn’t everyone just get their money back

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

euphronius posted:

For gambling doesn’t everyone just get their money back

yeah the books will just refund everything.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

i've never wanted a gang tang in the history of SA but ngl, this ray bit of bright news has me wanting a #3

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

adaz posted:

i've never wanted a gang tang in the history of SA but ngl, this ray bit of bright news has me wanting a #3

Hell yeah praise Dale

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sash! posted:

Ok. That's weird.

Anyway I listened to it and it's very very low key and not dramatic. It's not traumatizing or anything like that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I also listen to ATC for plane accidents (it's cool how people work together, follow these arcane protocols, and stay cool under pressure), but never ones where someone dies. I probably wouldn't want to listen to one involving someone I knew, either. Too personal makes it too emotional?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I linked it because it seemed pretty normal and professional, but I admit that my perspective might be a bit warped from all these chainsaw limb dismemberment videos I watch in my free time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'd have pulled the plug on myself if I heard this cringe rear end response

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Congrats Damar, you are the Champion of Life. Now you must face the worst of the Outworld in Mortal Kombat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Leperflesh posted:

I also listen to ATC for plane accidents (it's cool how people work together, follow these arcane protocols, and stay cool under pressure), but never ones where someone dies. I probably wouldn't want to listen to one involving someone I knew, either. Too personal makes it too emotional?

here's a page you'll want to avoid

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Leperflesh posted:

It's just a couple of people talking about needing some equipment. It is not very dramatic or disturbing or anything like that. Honestly it wasn't even worth the times even posting it. There's no insight or anything like that. There's no dramatic stuff like a play by play of what's happening.

If you like someone asking for a CO2 monitor with the energy of ordering some fries at Wendys... you might find it interesting.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

some more details on what happened came out of that doctor's press conference -->

quote:

“There are many, many steps still ahead of him,” Pritts said. “From our standpoint we would like to see him continue to improve, to be completely breathing on his own and then to be ready to be discharged from the hospital.”

After Hamlin collapsed, he received one defibrillation and one round of CPR on the field. He didn’t receive a second in the ambulance or at the hospital. Knight said they “cannot credit (the Bills medical staff) enough” for quickly recognizing the situation.

“He initially had a pulse on the field and lost it under the nose of the physician and the team that was with him,” Knight said. “And so he had truly immediate bystander CPR and then a defibrillation happened within several minutes as well.”

There are tests still occurring to determine what caused Hamlin to go into cardiac arrest.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

guys i'll listen to the play by play of 250 people dying in a fiery explosion, but one guy in cardiac arrest is too much

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

F*ckkkkkk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

adaz posted:

some more details on what happened came out of that doctor's press conference -->

Good god it's about as lucky as it gets for that kinda thing, timing-wise. Got there just in time.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Came back to the thread and had forgotten the context for this post when it was quoted. See snippets of last words. "That's not so bad", I think.

Then I scrolled up and saw they all had audio file links :gonk: HELL NO

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Doctors carefully explaining to Damar the seeding scenarios when using a winning percentage based approach

So Billy Five Aces just has to purposely give one of his less useful players a heart attack during the game and he is in the playoffs? Does he know this?

Glad Damar is just totally hosed up instead of dead.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

guys i'll listen to the play by play of 250 people dying in a fiery explosion, but one guy in cardiac arrest is too much

it's mostly just a stall alarm repeating over and over and then the pilot goes "poo poo!"

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The doctors told him " You did, you won the game of life" if the internet is to be believed.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

Damar Hamlin: Champion of Life

And here I thought he went to Pitt, not Tennessee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

The doctors told him " You did, you won the game of life" if the internet is to be believed.

quotin' from the athletic it was a nurse.

https://theathletic.com/4060639/2023/01/05/damar-hamlin-status-health-update-bills/

"Using a pen and paper on a clipboard, Hamlin asked who won the Bills-Bengals game, the doctors said.

The response from a bedside nurse of Hamlin’s: “Yes Damar, you won. You’ve won the game of life.”"