Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

An Actual Princess posted:

every single Kirby game is better than horizon zero dawn. no contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

An Actual Princess posted:

every single Kirby game is better than horizon zero dawn. no contest.

I mean that's not wrong, but I still love both.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Wow that poster really hates horizon zero dawn!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
HZD graphics and enemies with Kirby controls and gameplay

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I feel like I've made this the thread title before, but oh well, gently caress it.

Nintendo should have Sony port a version of Horizon: Zero Dawn to the Switch that stars Kirby.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

KingSlime posted:

Wow that poster really hates horizon zero dawn!

It's a bad game, op.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

also kirby games are just that good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

kirby is my friend.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snore-izon Zero Fun

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

getting probed for saying Sony fans have Zero Dawn syndrome

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I was watching one of Miyamoto's game design videos. It was on rewarding your players for climbing up a rock wall with big yellow "climb here" paint splotches with a 20 minute long cutscene on local politics delivered by a white man in strange tribal headdress.

So I don't know how they messed it up so bad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

getting probed for saying Sony fans have Zero Dawn syndrome
:holy::laugh:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Release Canvas Curse 2 on the Switch 2 with the Stylus 2

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
kirby pinball is better than any bore-izon game

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

It's a bad game, op.

It did pretty well critically both w professional reviewers and most gamers. Then again I haven't finished my playthrough of the second one, so I wouldn't call it better than most Kirby games

Still decent fun and probably the best looking game I've ever played. But that's not a switch game so v weird to see so many posts on it

Why the hell is no one talking about Siralim Ultimate?? Going to port my steam save from my deck to the switch for that gorgeous oled plus much improved battery life

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Spellman posted:

Release Canvas Curse 2 on the Switch 2 with the Stylus 2

canvas curse 2 is on the wii u and is really good!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Nintendo…I’m begging you. Your first party games are several years old. Please discount them for more than 30%…please.

Remember the Player’s Choice line, Nintendo? Remember?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Nintendo…I’m begging you. Your first party games are several years old. Please discount them for more than 30%…please.

I miss Iwata he truly cared :smith:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Never gonna happen. My suggestion is to buy them used and sell the ones that you don't want to replay at cost. Prob the most efficient way to play the entire Nintendo catalogue

There's tons of first party stuff I haven't touched because I can buy like three to four really REALLY good third party games for the price of one Nintendo game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m not sure if you’re joking or not but Nintendo Players choice releases did suspiciously end after he died. Nintendo doomed?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

KingSlime posted:

Why the hell is no one talking about Siralim Ultimate?? Going to port my steam save from my deck to the switch for that gorgeous oled plus much improved battery life

Amusingly enough, the cloud save feature for Siralim doesn’t seem to check that your randomly generated code is unused. When I started it up on switch for the first time I could see some guy’s random file with a half hour of playtime before I switched it over to my steam account.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wait what? Did you input a random code and load somebody's file, or did your game already have a file during your fresh run after installing it?

I'm guessing the former, if so that's pretty funny. I hadn't looked into the mechanism it uses for cross save, I just saw that the feature is live and Siralim Ultimate owns

Sidenote: I'm still loving my third party nyx joy cons, they feel incredibly good and solid. Might get another pair soon

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Since we're talking about Kirby, and sorry to bring it up again but would Return to Dreamland be better as a physical game to eventually trade in or does it have legs? I haven't really revisited Forgotten Land or Star Allies, both which I have digitally. I enjoyed them both immensely.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
just do what you want, I get games physically because the switch boxes look neat

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
In my experience Kirby games don't have much replayability and there are tons of them. I lean physical to resell and move onto the next Kirby

In fact, I have a ton of digital games I wish I had sprung for physical instead. I don't really care to have em installed any longer, and in some cases it would have even been cheaper to get the physical one lol.

Digital is still very convenient overall but meh I have a lot of stuff installed that I will never ever touch

Dude just be normal lol

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

KingSlime posted:

Wait what? Did you input a random code and load somebody's file, or did your game already have a file during your fresh run after installing it?

I'm guessing the former, if so that's pretty funny. I hadn't looked into the mechanism it uses for cross save, I just saw that the feature is live and Siralim Ultimate owns

The former, yeah. It gives you a randomly generated code for your cloud save storage when you start the game for the first time, and I guess doesn’t bother to check that it’s an unused code.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

w professional reviewers and most gamers
durrrrrr

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Horizon Zero Dawn was fun and I’m glad I played it. Problem?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Everyone has their own idea of fun it just boggles my mind how anyone could extract dopamine from the endless cutscenes in those games.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

man nurse posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn was fun and I’m glad I played it. Problem?
I hold the minority opinion that Horizon Zero Dawn is one of my favorite games of the last several years. In fact, I know BotW came out right after HZD and everyone liked it way more than HZD, but I played BotW a couple years after HZD, and while I enjoyed it quite a bit, I enjoyed HZD more v:shobon:v

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PantsBandit posted:

Everyone has their own idea of fun it just boggles my mind how anyone could extract dopamine from the endless cutscenes in those games.

I think I moved a stick a couple times between them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Some AAA game cutscenes are good like in DMC3 and RE4. If only modern companies could match 6th gen capcom it’s too bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HZD is good

I played that and 13 Sentinels right next to each other and it made me lol that they had almost exactly the same backstory.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I did skip through a lot of dialogue (read the text, didn't let the animation finish) tbf but most of my playthrough was hiking around awesome vistas and shooting at metal dinosaurs, It was pretty dope. I didn't care much for the dungeons or the indoor sections though

But yeah, endless cutscenes was not my experience at all with either game

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Looper posted:

canvas curse 2 is on the wii u and is really good!

It's true—and I would play again, with a pen

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Snake Maze posted:

The former, yeah. It gives you a randomly generated code for your cloud save storage when you start the game for the first time, and I guess doesn’t bother to check that it’s an unused code.

yeah I was a little blown the gently caress away by that too when I uploaded my file. Maybe its the Siralim guy coming up with a sloppy solution to deliver on a promise? he might be done with Siralim for the forseeable future. theres a thread on the Siralim Ultimate Steam forum about it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
He made four of them back to back, can't blame the poor soul

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
yeah, I gave him $75 to put my monster in the game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
You can manually change your code to whatever you want, so there's no risk of being stuck sharing cloud storage with a stranger, but it is with a heavy heart that I must strongly advise against naming your monsters after your favorite credit card numbers, or adding custom NPCs to your castle who recite your first pet, mother's maiden name, and bank account details.