Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

YouTube live chat comments seriously are the worst. There's an occasional gaming streamer that I follow and he's said that there's a magic number of viewers YouTube streams or Twitch, usually as little as 100, where bot spammers will start showing up and loving around.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's fun when you notice the same scammers targeting multiple related channels. There's someone targeting 40k content who's traveled between like five different content creators in the last month.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
First time I saw that scam was from a verified channel called "Dave Chappelle" and it was a stream of some podcast that Chappelle had done at some point. Once you see that all comments are blocked, aside from the ones from the channel that tell you they will double your crypto, it's pretty obvious it's fake. But other than that, it's pretty drat convincing as far as scams go.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

It's 2 for 1 wells down at Billsy Buffalo's!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

BonoMan posted:

It's 2 for 1 wells down at Billsy Buffalo's!
@BuffaloBalls

42,690 subscribers

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wonder what restaurant Peter King was eating at when the news about Damar being alive broke

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Just fabulous news!

I woke up intubated after heart surgery. I knew going in that I would and insisted that they tie my arms & hands to the bed rails, because I would absolutely try to tear that thing out.

I tried. I cursed the nurses & beat on the rails. They told me that I wasn't suffocating or Id already be dead, so calm the gently caress down. I was still coming out from under sedation (I had been under for 9-10 hours) so I'd calm down, pass out, wake up, and repeat. It was 45-minutes before they extubated me, and I spent most of that time, in a haze, dreaming up ways to murder the nurses.

I apologized to each one later. They were just the best.

Being conscious while intubated had to be one of the worst experiences I'd ever had.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

PainterofCrap posted:

I apologized to each one later. They were just the best.

My wife is an RT, and, based on her stories, apologizing instead of doubling down and staying angry would immediately put you in the top half of patients she deals with.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

PainterofCrap posted:

Being conscious while intubated had to be one of the worst experiences I'd ever had.

I am a little surprised that they allowed him to wake up while intubated. Like I absolutely get wanted to check his neurological status (and thank god it's great news) but holy poo poo I do not envy him being intubated while conscious for, what now, it'll be hours at a time potentially? I'd go spare or ask to just be KO'd again.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

SpaceDrake posted:

I am a little surprised that they allowed him to wake up while intubated. Like I absolutely get wanted to check his neurological status (and thank god it's great news) but holy poo poo I do not envy him being intubated while conscious for, what now, it'll be hours at a time potentially? I'd go spare or ask to just be KO'd again.

It sounds like he was just barely conscious enough to communicate, but not awake-awake enough to ask the big introspective questions like "What happened?" or "Why is there this horrible thing breathing for me?"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
if I’m awake enough to able to handwrite a question it seems like I'd also be able to freak out at the throat tube

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Agaragon posted:

It sounds like he was just barely conscious enough to communicate, but not awake-awake enough to ask the big introspective questions like "What happened?" or "Why is there this horrible thing breathing for me?"

Yeah I bet when he wrote "did we win" it mighta been a lil shaky

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

indigi posted:

if I’m awake enough to able to handwrite a question it seems like I'd also be able to freak out at the throat tube

You ain't been at -2

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

mdemone posted:

You ain't been at -2

is -2 like "drunk enough to eat taco bell" or -2 more like "drunk enough to poo poo yourself" because well maybe i've been at both but it's important context

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

adaz posted:

is -2 like "drunk enough to eat taco bell" or -2 more like "drunk enough to poo poo yourself" because well maybe i've been at both but it's important context

Much closer to poo poo yourself

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

adaz posted:

“Drunk enough to eat Taco Bell” and “drunk enough to poo poo yourself” sound like the same thing.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

good context!

Also CPR was started by one of the Bill's athletic trainers - Denny Kellington - not the EMTs. It's being credited as being key to his recovery.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1611121121142931456

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1611128686622969856

I've news junkied this story like none other, can't get enough of Damar Hamlin livin'

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Which is also to say, though: if he still had language faculties solid enough to communicate a question reliant on memory like that while at -2, that's a really good sign for his overall recovery.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if the thing with keeping him on the tube and vent is now less "we're worried about his neurological function" and more "we're still a little unsure if we want him to try and breathe unassisted just yet after Denny K, the rest of the Bills' staff, and the EMTs were forced to reduce his sternum to jell-o in order to revive him". He's as much recovering from chest trauma as he is anything, right now.

(Which, I guess we should begin to discuss: even if he's neurologically 100% fine and didn't even lose any motor control and would be cool to play on that front in a week or two, there is no way on Earth he is going to be cleared for even a practice field this month. The wildly optimistic prognosis would be that he might be fit to play a token single-quarter appearance at the Super Bowl, if the Bills get that far this year. Summer training and preseason scrims is the earliest you could really expect to see him back on a field in a real, getting-ready-for-full-time-play capacity.)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Yeah, when I woke up on a ventilator, they gave me paper to communicate and I wrote "SHOOT ME" a bunch of times. It hurt worse than the cardiac arrest did. Really glad to hear he's regained consciousness, and I hope he's getting the best pain meds in the world.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I remain in awe of how different the bodies of professional athletes are compared to those of us average schlubs.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceDrake posted:

its basically standard of care to do daily "sedation vacations" for patients on ventilator + sedation. You cut the sedation/analgesia, let them wake up a bit and usually pair it with trial of (mostly) unassisted breathing. Hopefully they are able to keep breathing on their own without issue and you can think about extubating them. If they dont pass, you resume ventilator support and sedation, maybe at a little lower dose, and try again tomorrow. It's fairly laborious for nursing and respiratory staff so it doesnt always get done but patients who undergo daily sedation vacation and weaning trial get extubated quicker and have better outcomes overall.

being intubated and sedated is really bad for short and long term outcomes so you wanna get it out as soon as possible. A young guy who doesn't have any lung pathology, they're gonna be fairly aggressive in their attempts to extubate

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

asking if he won the game was pretty badass but i'm just saying he missed a huge opportunity that i'll have to take up where if i ever wake up in a hospital bed all kitted out to machines, my first words will be "where is padme? is she safe?" (if i ever get hosed up so bad i wake up in 2005)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
And writing out all the O's in that "no" would be exhausting.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

asking if he won the game was pretty badass but i'm just saying he missed a huge opportunity that i'll have to take up where if i ever wake up in a hospital bed all kitted out to machines, my first words will be "where is padme? is she safe?" (if i ever get hosed up so bad i wake up in 2005)

Two of the three times I've been put fully under for surgery or something, the first thing I said was a number. Apparently I was still counting down.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

beep by grandpa posted:

"Is Butterbean OK?"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The only time I was fully sedated I woke up mumbling a chipoltle order apparently.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

"Is Butterbean OK?"

lol, has to be about the funniest thing he could have said.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Any time my wife is put under, she wakes up telling a story about something silly her sister did when she was put under... repeatedly. Last time she told me the story, then told the nurse the story, then told us the story again. When I told her she already told us that story, the nurse let me know she heard it three times before I showed up. She is really proud of this fact now and I am starting to think she is just doing it on purpose.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 6, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sash! posted:

Two of the three times I've been put fully under for surgery or something, the first thing I said was a number. Apparently I was still counting down.

The first time I saw someone wake up from a cardiac arrest, she coded mid sentence (VF arrest from a big inferior MI). We defibbed her, got pulses back, then before I could secure an airway she woke up and started speaking right back where she was in her sentence. It was one of the trippiest loving things I’ve ever seen.

She checked herself out RMA like two hours after her heart cath.

Meth, man.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

After I woke up from a surgery in post op I recall saying "I was stabbed" hearing someone laugh, and then passing out again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

"Is Butterbean OK?"

Such a magnificent clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1cgdgEBDCI

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I missed the reference because I remember Butterbean knocking out Knoxville, but I totally don't remember him asking that. :lol:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Kalli posted:

After I woke up from a surgery in post op I recall saying "I was stabbed" hearing someone laugh, and then passing out again.

The last surgery I had, I have hazy memories of the recovery room, but the first clear memory I have is of being moved to a room on the floor and complaining to the nurse who was with me about some beeping noise that I wanted turned off, which I guess may have been an ECG? And he laughed and apologized and said it was important and he needed it, so it had to stay until l got to the room.

All that aside, I'm glad Hamlin is doing so well, because even as a hockey nut who doesn't usually follow the NFL, I gotta say that was some fuckin scary poo poo.

atomicdream
Oct 4, 2017

shaking my money maker to fund my crippling glamour addiction.
After my c-section, which wasn't even really sedation, I kept trying to convince the nurses and docs to shop-vac all the extra blood out of me instead of letting me pass it later. I was apparently not very persuasive.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

After my ball surgery I remember being very upset with them putting me in a diaper, asking if it really went that badly. Turns out it was just a lot of padded bandages, but I was pretty convinced I was broken for a while.

I got to hear the news about Damar coming around after getting out of a terrible meeting, so it was an instant perk up for me. That whole sequence of events has been playing in my mind since Monday and it’s such a relief that he’s starting to do better. It’s nothing short of remarkable.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
This is a hilarious tangent and I vote we keep it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Blowjob Overtime posted:

"Is Butterbean OK?"

That’s why Johnny is the best; hilarious even while KO’d

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Coming out of my wisdom tooth extraction the first thing I wanted was my teeth and got very upset at the surgeon for stealing them because I said prior to the surgery that I wanted them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Had my wisdom teeth out and my relative was the oral surgeon. Only nitrous, but he knew I super hated dental poo poo and obliged me the most nitrous that was acceptable. He's prepping his tools and getting ready while I'm listening to Siberian Breaks by MGMT on my iphone out of my loving mind. I turned my head quickly over to him which caught him off guard and informed him, "You know, if you wanted to just cut off my arm at this point, I think I'd be okay with it." and we both laughed for a solid minute.

It worked out because he told me later it was one of the shittiest wisdom teeth he'd done without putting someone under.

e: related to above post: He gave me the biggest one, but I tossed it because it was so gross to me. He insisted I take it because in his entire career he said it was among the biggest he'd seen. Still gross, gently caress that.