Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MadHat posted:

Well we did have a decided lack of hats so far so they are just balancing things out.

Username/post etc. etc.

When are we getting a hat gacha for fun hats to use on hatless character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nahida should be able to wear scaramouche's hat imo. She's earned it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Eimi posted:

:golfclap:

The leaks we've gotten lately are quite insane, like I worry about the future of leaks in general from how Mihoyo will react to them given what's getting out.

considering how they've reacted to previous leaks, the only way to get more extreme would be to murder the leakers

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

MadHat posted:

Well we did have a decided lack of hats so far so they are just balancing things out.

Genshin Impact: Team Fortress 3.x

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
These hat girls are neat but they're almost a year away lol

The only thing I need right now, is Dehya's kit! I've been farming gilded all this time and keeping all but the dregiest of dregs, which all go into the crimson witch strongbox. I need something more concrete, before my Hu Tao and Diluc become the strongest benchwarmers of all time.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Theres a Teyvat Chapter concept trailer out there with the Fontaine leitmotif in it and the vibe I get off of all of it and still is something like Mario Odyssey cap kingdom film noir mystery extraordinaire basically. Like all the leitmotifs for the region were already decided some time in mid 2020 at the latest basically

MadHat posted:

What was that about the meaning of life sorry?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

all of the hats better inexplicably have working gears on them

I want Fontaine to just be absurdly steampunk (I would prefer dieselpunk, but that's too dark and grimy for Genshin)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Unfortunately, fontaine will be people trying to create things you'd find in a sci-fi magazine from the 1930's out of slimes and gears, because alice left one in a cafe in fontaine 120 years ago. As far as anyone (not a god of some sort) knows, this is just what fontaine has always been.

On the plus side, I'm looking forward to the one-off bossfight between our [temporary] submarine and a giant squid.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kale posted:

Theres a Teyvat Chapter concept trailer out there with the Fontaine leitmotif in it and the vibe I get off of all of it and still is something like Mario Odyssey cap kingdom film noir mystery extraordinaire basically. Like all the leitmotifs for the region were already decided some time in mid 2020 at the latest basically

What was that about the meaning of life sorry?

Speaking of early region concepts, didn't early lore teases of Sumeru suggest there would be a lot of snake theming going on? Did they just drop that idea, or are they just going to drop that whole load in the second desert area?

Or maybe they just got all snaked out with Orobashi.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So Genshin advertises that new players get 20 free wishes, which I remember happening when I started playing in January. When my wife recently started, there was a mail with 10 free wishes but where do the other 10 come from?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Excelzior posted:

all of the hats better inexplicably have working gears on them

I want Fontaine to just be absurdly steampunk (I would prefer dieselpunk, but that's too dark and grimy for Genshin)

yeah i also hope they put vill-v in fontaine

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I happened to have 10 of the basic wish orbs and managed to pull Layla.

Don't know if she's any good but she's teaming up with Sayu in the "Just Take A loving Nap Already" club.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

So Genshin advertises that new players get 20 free wishes, which I remember happening when I started playing in January. When my wife recently started, there was a mail with 10 free wishes but where do the other 10 come from?
7-days of logging in, i believe?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

7-days of logging in, i believe?

Ah. Okay. I’ll see if that’s the case.

On her first 10 pull on the newbie banner, she snagged Noelle and Ningguang.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I think you get wishes for hitting some adventure rank threshold like 10/15/20 too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also keep in mind the ads like that just refer to both standard fates and limited banner fates as 'wishes'

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah. I just remember when I played, I had enough wishes to quickly polish of the newbie banner - hence my curiosity.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
There's probably enough free gems in the early content to make up 20 wishes

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Once she hits AR 10, she should get a mail from the 10 million pre-registration event way back in the day with 10x standard wishes. That might be what they're talking about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah. I just remember when I played, I had enough wishes to quickly polish of the newbie banner - hence my curiosity.

The game gives you enough to unlock Noelle for free but after that you're kinda on your own.

I got in pretty early on the game and they were handing out primogems constantly because of patches and bug fixes but I can't remember much beyond that. They give you a couple for maintenance and the servers being down in that time but that's all I can recall.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Danakir posted:

Once she hits AR 10, she should get a mail from the 10 million pre-registration event way back in the day with 10x standard wishes. That might be what they're talking about.

I’m guessing that’s it. When I started playing, I blitzed my way through the first 20 AR, so it was all a blur to me.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 5, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Getting Raiden has completely deflated my genshin brainrot and I don't know how to get it back

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Welp, so it looks like the primary defining characteristic of fontaine characters is having stupid hats so I guess Im going to have to stop pulling till they start showing up in banners.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Welp, so it looks like the primary defining characteristic of fontaine characters is having stupid hats so I guess Im going to have to stop pulling till they stop showing up in banners.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Welp, so it looks like the primary defining characteristic of fontaine characters is having stupid hats so I guess Im going to have to stop pulling till they start showing up in banners.

My god, Mona has a huge hat as well and she's from Fontaine too. It was right in front of us all along!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Getting Raiden has completely deflated my genshin brainrot and I don't know how to get it back

In a bad way?

I got her. She's not in my main group yet but she seems neat.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Inzombiac posted:

In a bad way?

I got her. She's not in my main group yet but she seems neat.

She's quite strong. She's as close to a universal power source as you can get for plugging into a group to provide energy and some people say she's the single best character to pull on a banner for in the whole game. How far that goes, I'm not entirely sure, but getting her has certainly changed my play style up.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Gearhead posted:

She's quite strong. She's as close to a universal power source as you can get for plugging into a group to provide energy and some people say she's the single best character to pull on a banner for in the whole game. How far that goes, I'm not entirely sure, but getting her has certainly changed my play style up.

Raiden is the epitome of "press E to charge up, press Q to win."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I used Kuki last abyss and the only thing I changed was Raiden with Gilded in place of her.

Despite Kuki having an easier time picking up the bloom seeds from hitting the great wolf, I cleared it way faster with raiden because the extra E damage still hits the wolf more when I attack water with Kokomi.

The only downside to Raiden is that there's no artifact switch so I can't switch between her ER set and EM set, hence why I got lazy and used kuki instead last rotation.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Tae posted:

I used Kuki last abyss and the only thing I changed was Raiden with Gilded in place of her.

Despite Kuki having an easier time picking up the bloom seeds from hitting the great wolf, I cleared it way faster with raiden because the extra E damage still hits the wolf more when I attack water with Kokomi.

The only downside to Raiden is that there's no artifact switch so I can't switch between her ER set and EM set, hence why I got lazy and used kuki instead last rotation.
Sometimes I put a set intended for one character all onto another character that I don't use for storage to allow easier switching

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I don't believe in trading artifacts around. Everybody gets their one bespoke set and weapon and that's it!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

3.4 special program codes:

NS8TUVJYR4UH

NSQTVCKYRMDM

LB8SDUJYQ4V9

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 6, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I don't believe in trading artifacts around. Everybody gets their one bespoke set and weapon and that's it!

Everyone gets a mediocre set and hopefully I remember to fix it if I steal them from someone else (poor sucrose probably still hasn't been fixed after I scavanged most of her stuff for kazuha).

I don't shuffle weapons about unless I get something good for someone I like/use, in which case someone else gets to be my designated flute-holder.

Also raiden is great because battery and also putting electricity on what you're hitting. Which, admittedly, is only really super-useful for your physical (and especially cryo physical) guys, because that's half of superconduct you don't need to sort out circles for or hope oz hits the right guy or whatever.

It does mean barbara can (somewhat slowly) kill hydro slimes though, so there's that.

I have still never figured out how to read her circle/stacks thing, though. But I also rarely use her burst, because it seems even more wasteful than usual. Sure looks neat, though. She's got different sword-sheathing animations for different parts of her NA combo!

Excelzior posted:

3.4 special program codes:

NS8TUVJYR4UH

NSQTVCKYRMDM

LB8SDUJYQ4V9

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=NS8TUVJYR4UH

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=NSQTVCKYRMDM

https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift?code=LB8SDUJYQ4V9

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kale
May 14, 2010

I though this poo poo started at 8 not 7? Oh well

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kale posted:

I though this poo poo started at 8 not 7? Oh well

the replay starts at 8 on Youtube but I always watch it "live" on Twitch at 7

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Excelzior posted:

the replay starts at 8 on Youtube but I always watch it "live" on Twitch at 7

The youtube is a rerun? Weird that it's not simulcast like drat near everything else that uses multiple video sites.

Oh good, albino yun jin.

That reminds me, those twins from fontaine they showed off like 6–9 months ago haven't shown up yet, have they. hosed up to not just randomly toss them into liyue or whatever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all the characters from the various nations they showed in that trailer will show up as part of that nation's patch cycle. thats why cyno didnt show up until sumeru.

Kale
May 14, 2010

From the stream it looks like there's another one of those parry/counter sword mini games only this time the final opponent is Ayaka in an upper class Fontaine outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the program mentioned the new skin would be available on the shop after 3.4. If that's not a translation issue then that could hint at a rerun in 3.5