Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's a super genius, but he's barely aware of the world around him most of the time because he's dedicating all of his brain power to thinking about milfs. dude loves milfs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Does Mirko having dark skin make her black?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, she certainly could be African-Japanese, but it feels like genetics are such a wild thing at this point in the universe that it's not particularly relevant.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's a super genius, but he's barely aware of the world around him most of the time because he's dedicating all of his brain power to thinking about milfs. dude loves milfs!

Who doesn't

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, she certainly could be African-Japanese, but it feels like genetics are such a wild thing at this point in the universe that it's not particularly relevant.

Calling her tanned gets people labeled racist.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Who cares.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i don't think there's a definitive answer to that question, because it's kind of a weird question

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe she's one of the 200 black people in Japan, maybe she just has darker skin and less engine parts or bark, or metal on her skin, who.can say.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

She's from the moon

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Japanese manga typically draws southerners/islanders with dark skin. I figured that was the case with Mirko. I never thought about it too much since in all likelihood the actual reason she has dark skin is Hori liked the contrast between it and her white hair.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

You might as well ask why Rock Lock is black. He just is. Who cares?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Why is was Native...

Y'know what? Nevermind.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Native was just a racist, he's dead now we can freely admit it.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

If there’s anything Nomus hate more than anything, it’s cultural appropriation.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I thought Mirko was supposed to be a ganguro

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Doesn't that involve a lot of make-up?

I feel like there's way more thought being put into this than Hori did. Figured the guy just wanted a big brown bunny badass.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He wanted Bunny Yoruichi.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

And hell, :same:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

FireWorksWell posted:

Doesn't that involve a lot of make-up?

I feel like there's way more thought being put into this than Hori did. Figured the guy just wanted a big brown bunny badass.
Hori, repeatedly

Kild posted:

And hell, :same:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe if hori had thought mirko up sooner he could have had her do things other than being dismembered.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

maybe if hori had thought mirko up sooner he could have had her do things other than being dismembered.

That's not fair. She dismembered other people herself as well.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Mirko started My Hero's proud tradition of brutalizing buff women to make shigaraki look tougher, and I guess we salute her for that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheHan posted:

Mirko started My Hero's proud tradition of brutalizing buff women to make shigaraki look tougher, and I guess we salute her for that.

Nah, for Mirko and Mirko alone that was not the case for multiple reasons

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5595/my-hero-academia-chapter-377

Chapter came out several hours ago (lmao)

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Hell yeah, someone I care about!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Everything's gone sideways, but yay, someone we care about!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The only thing that will redeem this arc is Gentle Criminal somehow saving the day, eclipsing Deku as the greatest hero.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh good, I can finally post this image I've been holding onto for two weeks.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
lol at the drawback to Deku's ultimate powerup being "i cant breathe"

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Should've brought a pure oxygen tank.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Best Jeanist just needs to make Deku some jeans lungs

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
So the manga's probably gonna be in this giant battle for the next two years realtime.

Man, I just wanted Gentle and La Brava to never show up again, since all bringing them back prior to the epilogue does is weaken them by association with this clusterfuck.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 6, 2023

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hell yeah I totally called La Brava out hacking Skeptic. Save us Gentle!

Also, it would be funny if the Twice clones attacking Monoma just accidentally gave him the cloning quirk. And army of Monoma's, who can also use other people's quirks, would be a pretty good counter to Twice. The only downside is that you'd have an army of Monoma's all ranting about Class 1-A

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 6, 2023

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Hell yeah I totally called La Brava out hacking Skeptic. Save us Gentle!

Also, it would be funny if the Twice clones attacking Monoma just accidentally gave him the cloning quirk. And army of Monoma's, who can also use other people's quirks, would be a pretty good counter to Twice. The only downside is that you'd have an army of Monoma's all ranting about Class 1-A

Massive missed opportunity if this doesn't result in Monoma pulling off a Laughing Man's Parade, and giving the Heroes an overwhelming ability to shutdown all the drawn-out battles in an instant.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

CharlestonJew posted:

lol at the drawback to Deku's ultimate powerup being "i cant breathe"

baffled by this writing decision. Hori hyped up the power of the 2nd's quirk, hinted at a huge drawback, then the drawback is that Deku can't use the quirk too much. Whatta strange setup and """payoff"""

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Okay I can get behind this.

Also yeah now I want to see Monoma duplicate himself and even the odds, that would be super cool.

Delphisage posted:

Man, I just wanted Gentle and La Brava to never show up again, since all bringing them back prior to the epilogue does is weaken them by association with this clusterfuck.

Actually Gentle and La Brava are two of the best characters so this is very good.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015226
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-377/chapter/26051?action=read

Haha, the Mangaplus thumbnail straight up spoils the last page. So glad I clicked directly onto the chapter from the front page of the app.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
So either Shigaraki is leaving or is going to overwhelm Deku. Surely, he will not go toe-to-toe with Deku now that he can use his quirks again.