Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Vitamean posted:

I think it was a misinterpretation of them saying you could still redeem rewards from a season prior if you forgot.

I wouldn't count it out (it is only season 2 at the moment), but they just haven't said anything about it. I would hope they add them to the store alongside a general update to the stock, mainly because I'm constantly capped on trophy crystals and don't really wanna cash out on wolf collars or something.

They announced it when the system was first revealed, with very little wriggle room for misinterpretation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saigyouji posted:

They announced it when the system was first revealed, with very little wriggle room for misinterpretation.

yeah i've been kinda very lazily doing pvp specifically because they posted this when it was announced, it'd be a real dick move if it never happened

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Saigyouji posted:

Yeah, I guess the key word here is eventually. Most people assumed that as soon as a series ended the series rewards would go straight to the trophy vendor, and that didn't happen, but no evidence yet that it definitely won't.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Mainwaring posted:

Yeah, I guess the key word here is eventually. Most people assumed that as soon as a series ended the series rewards would go straight to the trophy vendor, and that didn't happen, but no evidence yet that it definitely won't.
Most of the PvPers I know that got Rank 25+ during the first two series are out of stuff to buy with crystals and are banking collars or other random stuff at this point. Definitely need a fresh round of expensive rewards in there, from past series or otherwise.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Varance posted:

Most of the PvPers I know that got Rank 25+ during the first two series are out of stuff to buy with crystals and are banking collars or other random stuff at this point. Definitely need a fresh round of expensive rewards in there, from past series or otherwise.

Absolutely the case for me, got a bunch of trophies and I want to spend them.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
If they don't want to put effort into adding new stuff to the PvP trophy crystal shop, there's an entire library of those awesome Feast-exclusive mounts and armor sets they could just throw up there. Sure, some of the people who already have them will cry foul, but gently caress 'em. The Feast was cancer and limiting who could get those mounts and armor sets to the top 100 people on the server in a game mode rife with cheating and wintrading was a stupid idea.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Onean posted:

I'm 90% sure they said it was going to be an MGP mount. It may have just been the translators interpreting wrong, which is why I'm not 100% sure.
it's MGP mount

preliminary patch notes

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Among all the portrait changes I don't see "no longer break if you look at them funny" so expect to see a lot of mugshots.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

New Commend window!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

GilliamYaeger posted:

New Commend window!

oh god i'm going to have to make a good portrait now

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Players can now dive in upper La Noscea.
An icon will now be displayed on the map for the entrance to the following duties: Palace of the Dead, Heaven-on-High, The Forbidden Land, Eureka; the Bozjan Southern Front; Delubrum Reginae; Zadnor
In the FATE "Steel Reign," Odin's level will be fixed at 50. [boo hiss you cowards let us get massacred by Buff Odin]
Containment Bay P1T6 (Unreal) [surprising no one]
The following items are now dyeable: Chocobo Mask, Chocobo Suit, Racing Chocobo Mask, Fat Chocobo Head
new custom delivery npc
they added a Mahjong playstyle option to the adventurer plates

GilliamYaeger posted:

New Commend window!
aw poo poo I have to actually work on my instant portrait now don't I, forgot this was also the "displays every dungeon entry" patch

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Signatures now apply to the contents of crafted Paladin's Arms instead of just the coffer itself (yes I'm one of the people who cared about that)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, thank God, they changed the HUD selections when editing it to checkboxes instead of distinct categories so you can position stuff while seeing everything.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

Feel free to think that, I don't mind. It's not like literally every other large company on earth has this figured out or anything.

you must not work for any of the industries that still use 70s software/hardware

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

If they don't want to put effort into adding new stuff to the PvP trophy crystal shop, there's an entire library of those awesome Feast-exclusive mounts and armor sets they could just throw up there. Sure, some of the people who already have them will cry foul, but gently caress 'em. The Feast was cancer and limiting who could get those mounts and armor sets to the top 100 people on the server in a game mode rife with cheating and wintrading was a stupid idea.

the most hyper specific pvp reward i've seen was a title that went something like "2014 feast finalist" and i was just slapped by how out of place a title that is

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

hazardousmouse posted:

you must not work for any of the industries that still use 70s software/hardware

I don't know why you want to argue, but idgaf. Move on.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
cause you make broad statements and its fun to poke holes in them

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Nice patch overall on QoL.

We're also getting a Collect All on Island Sanctuary thank god. And orchestrion no doesn't reset and friends can hear it.

Also the trial is absolutely Cagnazzo or Rubicante because we're getting another step on the eye slime sidequest that deals with the Four Archfiends' backstories.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Finally we can turn off targeting with right click. So annoying to accidentally target a party member during a fight just trying to adjust my camera.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Nice patch overall on QoL.

We're also getting a Collect All on Island Sanctuary thank god. And orchestrion no doesn't reset and friends can hear it.

Can you just set the island orch to draw from housing playlists? that was the big disappointment from me regarding that little feature. it was easier to just /bgm than fiddle with the orch controls

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Eh it's a fine mount, I'm going to be a bit disappointed if this is the Lopperits tribe mount though. I was really hoping for like a giant rocket carrot or that bunny robot mount that got shown off during the live letter. It being pink with the stuff on it doesn't change the fact that it's still an elephant. There's already a tribe that gives an elephant mount. I wanted something really wacky from the funny little bunnies.

I think if the elephant itself looked more cartoony or goofier I would be more into it

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah that's pretty much my sentiment exactly, too.

anyone know if there's a bo/staff weapon model i can glam onto Dragoon? that might be a fun schtick to build around

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I recall there's an extendable fighting staff of some sort in the early 50's, I think. It's got small prongs on the ends I think, but it's the most staff-like weapon I've seen so far.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

hazardousmouse posted:

yeah that's pretty much my sentiment exactly, too.

anyone know if there's a bo/staff weapon model i can glam onto Dragoon? that might be a fun schtick to build around
Mythrite Pugil Stick and the one that comes with the Exclusive Eastern Journey Outfit on the mogstation.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
neat! thanks!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

6.3 preliminary patch notes posted:

The following items can now be equipped regardless of gender:

Valentione Apron
Valentione Trousers
Valentione Apron Dress
Valentione Skirt
Royal Seneschal's Chapeau
Royal Seneschal's Coat
Royal Seneschal's Fingerless Gloves
Royal Seneschal's Breeches
Royal Seneschal's Boots
Songbird Boots
Songbird Hat
Songbird Jacket
Songbird Gloves
Songbird Skirt
Valentione Rose Hat
Valentione Rose Waistcoat
Valentione Rose Gloves
Valentione Rose Slacks
Valentione Rose Shoes
Valentione Rose Ribboned Hat
Valentione Rose Dress
Valentione Rose Ribboned Gloves
Valentione Rose Tights
Valentione Rose Heels
Valentione Forget-me-not Hat
Valentione Forget-me-not Waistcoat
Valentione Forget-me-not Gloves
Valentione Forget-me-not Slacks
Valentione Forget-me-not Shoes
Valentione Forget-me-not Ribboned Hat
Valentione Forget-me-not Dress
Valentione Forget-me-not Ribboned Gloves
Valentione Forget-me-not Tights
Valentione Forget-me-not Heels
Valentione Acacia Hat
Valentione Acacia Waistcoat
Valentione Acacia Gloves
Valentione Acacia Slacks
Valentione Acacia Shoes
Valentione Acacia Ribboned Hat
Valentione Acacia Dress
Valentione Acacia Ribboned Gloves
Valentione Acacia Tights
Valentione Acacia Heels
Bergsteiger's Hat
Bergsteiger's Jacket
Bergsteiger's Halfgloves
Bergsteiger's Halfslops
Bergsteiger's Boots
Dirndl's Hat
Dirndl's Bodice
Dirndl's Wrist Torque
Dirndl's Long Skirt
Dirndl's Pumps

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hell yeah. Wonder if it seats eight like the Whale does

GilliamYaeger posted:

All they need to do is recolor them or add a particle effect to the old Feast-exclusive ones, but yeah, it sucks to be locked out of cool-rear end poo poo like the Magna Roader or the Juggernaut.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The quests "But I Hardly Noah" and "Gift of the Archmagus" are being removed, is that poor girl Koh finally going to stop being possessed?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Chillgamesh posted:

Hell yeah. Wonder if it seats eight like the Whale does

All they need to do is recolor them or add a particle effect to the old Feast-exclusive ones, but yeah, it sucks to be locked out of cool-rear end poo poo like the Magna Roader or the Juggernaut.

Plans may have changed, but they did say they intended to cycle the Feast-exclusive non-title rewards into the PvP Series stuff when they started talking about it.

Again, plans may have changed as they haven't talked about it since the feature launched, but it's a possibility since they haven't said they aren't going to do that yet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I haven't messed with portraits since S1 when they were added, did they ever make ther interface more user friendly? I don't remember the specifics but I know there was frustration with stuff like it not remembering your portrait when you changed jobs or glamour. I assume the latter at least was fixed if it's going to show up in every dungeon run now, it'd be pretty bad if the picture just completely broke because you equipped a new ring and forgot to update everything.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

sirtommygunn posted:

The quests "But I Hardly Noah" and "Gift of the Archmagus" are being removed, is that poor girl Koh finally going to stop being possessed?
Nope. She's getting a promotion - she's the main NPC for Eureka Orthos.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

GilliamYaeger posted:

Nope. She's getting a promotion - she's the main NPC for Eureka Orthos.

Kind of cool to take a minor quest npc who has been basically irrelevant for eight years and give them something new to do.

Also I hope the Blackjack is loving gigantic but I'll understand if it isn't. Having the correct music is non-negotiable, though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Countblanc posted:

I haven't messed with portraits since S1 when they were added, did they ever make ther interface more user friendly? I don't remember the specifics but I know there was frustration with stuff like it not remembering your portrait when you changed jobs or glamour. I assume the latter at least was fixed if it's going to show up in every dungeon run now, it'd be pretty bad if the picture just completely broke because you equipped a new ring and forgot to update everything.

We don't know if they've eased the latter issue, as that is still happening.

The first part, however, they've streamlined. Now, there's technically two different kinds of portraits. The ones you set up for your Adventurer's Plate and Instant Portraits that are shown at the start of Duties. (With 6.3 you'll be able to copy one to the other, but they're still separate.)

Instant Portraits are no longer separate and applied on their own, they must now be assigned to Gear Sets, and when you swap to that set it uses that Portrait. If you get the warning that "certain Glamours couldn't be applied," or whatever it is, when swapping to that set then it means your Portrait will also be the default one.

It's clunky, but considering they aren't just snapping a screenshot they have to have workarounds to deal with the already overstressed character data limits. You get one that works regardless of what you're wearing (the one for your Adventurer's Plate) and everything else has to be restricted to what's currently equipped, and if there's a mismatch it doesn't work. It's at least simple to fix. If you're using the same Glamour, just reapply it and save the Gear Set; if you're using a new Glamour: Character Menu > Instant Portrait > Edit Portrait > Save, no need to recreate everything from scratch.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'm gonna do a quick analysis of my thoughts/ranking of the last two Panda savage tiers since I just cleared them, starting with my favourite fight and going down to my least favourite. Obviously just a bunch of subjective opinions, but I am curious of how people found the tier. Overall, I think the second tier of Panda was a bit of a disappointment, although it has some of my favourite fights as well. The only other Savage content I've done is Eden with echo (up to E8S), so can't really compare with previous savage tiers either. Also I've not played the fights blind, and playing mostly as a tank.

P8SP2: I really liked this fight. Some of the puzzle elements are really creative and I imagine would create a eureka! moment when you finally suss them out and understand how to manipulate them. I understand phase 2 is quite dicy for healers, but playing as tank the fight always feel a little bit dangerous and tense, but without feeling completely bullshit. I also really enjoyed the boss design and music for this fight, overall I was really impressed and I've enjoyed progging and clearing this phase.

P3S: I got really frustrated at this fight but when I look back at it, in retrospect it is an actually enjoyable fight with several interesting mechanisms and quite a chaotic feel to it. The start can get a tad boring but it still feels fast enough to not get too boring, and still keeps you on your toes. I disliked the tether mechanism for TBs but even that wasn't too bad as long as I didn't PF and had DPS running all over the place instead of stacking to make it easier for the tanks to pick them up. I never thought I would rank the fight this high but in the end I actually think it's a pretty good fight.

P5S: I think this is an excellent first floor boss, although Devour snapshots weirdly and is somewhat janky. Otherwise, I like the fight because it keeps me on my toes and you always have to pay attention. To this day, when we are doing reclears of the second tier, we tend to one shot P6S and P7S, but P5S will always draw a couple of wipes from us. Thus the fight always keeps me engaged, because I can never fully auto-pilot through it.

P4SP1: Although slightly annoying to prog through, I actually like this fight. Pinax is not a bad mechanism and the variation of it keeps you on your toes, although some combinations are far easier than others. It is possible to get really good at this phase eventually, and the fight never feels unfair.

P1S: Much like P5S, I think P1S is an excellent first floor boss, although in the end it becomes a bit of a training dummy with almost guaranteed uptime. Still, I did this fight semi-blind and really enjoyed some of the creative solutions to cells that people came up with, although in the end the established solution was pretty simple. Overall though, I really liked the mechanisms involved in the fight (apart from fourfold chains), and as my first taste of Savage (that is, with a current released tier), it made me really enjoy savage content.

P4SP2: The fight was decent, but I don't think was very enjoyable to prog, and I can't imagine that it would have been that interesting to do blind either. Curtain call also seems a bit much for a last mechanism as well. I somewhat enjoyed the fight but the mechanisms for it seemed rather set in stone, with only slight veriations.

P2S: This fight had the issue that I found it had an extremely boring start, and only gets marginally more interesting with the limit cut, and the only interesting/tense mechanism is the very last one, making the whole fight slightly backloaded. It was alright to prog and having environmental/arena restrictions was interesting, but not enough to keep my interest for long.

P7S: This fight had the same issue as P2S for me, but a lot worse. I feel that I can put myself on auto-pilot until the end, and then have brief excitement while the harvests occur. I really feel like they could have done more with the near/far bough smashes, or spread the harvests throughout the fight. Purgation was a bit of a dud as well. The fight is way too backloaded to be enjoyable.

P8SP1: I found this fight extremely frustrating, especially due to the fact that it randomises the mechanism order, which doesn't really change the fight at all, but makes prog annoying and repetitive. Although I liked the subversion of snake /snake 2, the difficulties that we had with prog and the fact that even one gently caress up can be deadly made the entire fight feel almost unfair to me. This fight almost made me want to stop doing the tier, although I'm glad I did push through since I enjoyed phase 2 so much.

P6S: Boring, repetitive, the only interesting parts of it are cachexia. To this day I cannot remember the order of mechanisms in this fight, because they meld into each other and feel repetitive even though they require different reactions. Just not a very mechanically interesting fight to me.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
So many of those commend screens are going to be blank faces even if they have an instant portrait because people will be equipping dungeon loot as they win if it is an upgrade, which breaks portraits.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Good update

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Onean posted:

We don't know if they've eased the latter issue, as that is still happening.

The first part, however, they've streamlined. Now, there's technically two different kinds of portraits. The ones you set up for your Adventurer's Plate and Instant Portraits that are shown at the start of Duties. (With 6.3 you'll be able to copy one to the other, but they're still separate.)

Instant Portraits are no longer separate and applied on their own, they must now be assigned to Gear Sets, and when you swap to that set it uses that Portrait. If you get the warning that "certain Glamours couldn't be applied," or whatever it is, when swapping to that set then it means your Portrait will also be the default one.

It's clunky, but considering they aren't just snapping a screenshot they have to have workarounds to deal with the already overstressed character data limits. You get one that works regardless of what you're wearing (the one for your Adventurer's Plate) and everything else has to be restricted to what's currently equipped, and if there's a mismatch it doesn't work. It's at least simple to fix. If you're using the same Glamour, just reapply it and save the Gear Set; if you're using a new Glamour: Character Menu > Instant Portrait > Edit Portrait > Save, no need to recreate everything from scratch.

I think my issue is that I'm doing that thing where you don't match the glamor plate's weapon to the rest of the plates job to give more glam flexibility. I haven't fiddled with it but I think this breaks portrait assignments cause i haven't been able to successfully apply one since it was beta. it's not as user friendly as i wish it was

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't usually bother with accessories on my Glamour plates, very excited when I equip a necklace not visible under my chest equipment and it breaks my portrait

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

these are cool

this too. it seems like they're slowly decoupling fashion accessories from the mount system, which could one day mean you'll be able to use some accessories in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Eh it's a fine mount, I'm going to be a bit disappointed if this is the Lopperits tribe mount though. I was really hoping for like a giant rocket carrot or that bunny robot mount that got shown off during the live letter. It being pink with the stuff on it doesn't change the fact that it's still an elephant. There's already a tribe that gives an elephant mount. I wanted something really wacky from the funny little bunnies.

I think if the elephant itself looked more cartoony or goofier I would be more into it

After reading this, I was pretty sure it was the lopperit mount since there's kind of a bunny-looking mask on it, as well as it being "shown" on the moon, but now that I think of it, the tribe quests aren't around till 6.35 or whatever, right? I dont think they preview the tribe mounts ahead of time, do they?

Maybe it's the mount for the new treasure map?