Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is 6 months an actual punishment? Feels more like fining Microsoft a million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
From what I've heard, yeah it is. CT is his main state of practice and this goes down on his record forever.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Imagine you are supposed to show up for trial tomorrow and your lawyer suddenly can't represent you because they got their license suspended. Would you hire a lawyer where that is a real possibility?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Antigravitas posted:

Imagine you are supposed to show up for trial tomorrow and your lawyer suddenly can't represent you because they got their license suspended. Would you hire a lawyer where that is a real possibility?

Also, Norm is required to contact all of his current clients to tell them that he can't be their lawyer for the next 6 months. It's super loving embarrassing from a professional standpoint, and he's probably going to lose a bunch of the non-CHUD clients he may still have.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
These are right wing grifter poo poo heads though. Six months seems like just enough time to go on Fox and scream "I HAVE BEEN SILENCED". If it's not permanent, or at the very least measured in years, it just doesn't feel like an actual punishment.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bird food bathtub posted:

These are right wing grifter poo poo heads though. Six months seems like just enough time to go on Fox and scream "I HAVE BEEN SILENCED". If it's not permanent, or at the very least measured in years, it just doesn't feel like an actual punishment.

Sure but that is only if you think norm of all people can actually swing that media campaign

In connecticut, i bet his primary practice is gonna get completely hosed over, and this will severely sting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Antigravitas posted:

They're typically given up to thirty days to help their clients transition to new attorneys. If he has any associates working for him, they're probably just going to become attorney of record for his entire caseload that doesn't end up with another lawyer. His suspension will begin once all his cases are handed off. Every due date in any case can be trivially extended because of the shift in counsel so as to not prejudice his clients.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 6, 2023

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Chris Mattei should be allowed to cut off Norm's ponytail like a dothraki who fell off his horse

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Chris Mattei should be allowed to cut off Norm's ponytail like a dothraki who fell off his horse

If lawyers wanted to actually start all doing this, I’d be loving stoked.

Let’s e-mail some state bar associations and a wholesaler of tiny bells. Get this ball rolling.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The listing of books that Josh Cutcheon has written sounds like when third party companies have been selling d&d books for so long, they got down to weird things like smells and food lists

I am pretty sure i ran this d&d module back in college

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
new episode out, Formulaic Objections Part 13!

Digital Jedi posted:

Good news newest episode Dan is turning on Bray a bit and is worried about it all.

Also, Dan confirms he is still worried about Uncle Howdy and that brightens my day

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

Digital Jedi posted:

Also, Dan confirms he is still worried about Uncle Howdy and that brightens my day

For the life of me I cannot read 'Uncle Howdy' without thinking 'Captain Howdy': the name Reagan gave the spirit she was in contact with before it possessed her in The Exorcist.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

rich thick and creamy posted:

For the life of me I cannot read 'Uncle Howdy' without thinking 'Captain Howdy': the name Reagan gave the spirit she was in contact with before it possessed her in The Exorcist.

I don't know poo poo about wrestling but I just assumed that was a straight up reference.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

God Norm is such a fuckup he can't even silently listen in properly

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Well you can't just go hiring Alan Dershowitz anymore so you gotta go somewhere I guess, preferably not on Epstein's island either.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I'm pretty sure you have to win a contest or meet Alex in a hot tub in order to become a lawyer for Alex Jones

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

DemonTrigger posted:

God Norm is such a fuckup he can't even silently listen in properly

That was the funniest poo poo in ages.

It’s a drat shame it doesn’t work out of context

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"Of course I don't listen to Alex's show he has an annoying voice and I don't agree with anything he says"
-Tim Fruge

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Is it Frugé or Frugè?

On the court documents of InfoWars corporate structure which Paz refused to acknowledge at court, it was written as Fruge', which is its own form of wrong.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wow hey look Lionel is still alive and doing stuff
https://twitter.com/LionelMedia/status/1612986395697774597

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Aaaaaaaand that Gypsy Kings song is stuck in my head again.

It’s a really good thing that “Lionel” is such a rare name cause every time it’s like some very mild mental landmine.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Anyone know what the third Lionel episode is?

I found these but the third one doesn't come up just by searching the name:

#247: Lionel
#409: The Lionel Countdown

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Mercury_Storm posted:

Somewhere near early 300 since I just passed it. I can try to remember but episode titles aren’t helpful.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Mercury_Storm posted:

#284 features some Lionel stuff as a "gift" for Jordan before he goes on vacation. Thankfully I posted about it not too long ago so I was able to find it easily. Good episode.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 11, 2023

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

rich thick and creamy posted:

Bray Wyatt's gimmick is 99% references/things straight up stolen from various horror movies so that's absolutely where it comes from

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
KF is doing a live show in Milwaukee on March 3rd but tickets sold out in less than an hour :argh:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Tree Dude posted:

KF is doing a live show in Milwaukee on March 3rd but tickets sold out in less than an hour :argh:

Well guess that answers their worries about their popularity and selling out a show.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Just checked out the website for the venue (X-Ray Arcade) and they say the capacity is 200. Maybe less for a podcast since I assume they'll be putting chairs in there.

Also thought this was funny. "STAGE: It’s a pretty good size. Like, ska-friendly. We’ll measure it soon."

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

Just checked out the website for the venue (X-Ray Arcade) and they say the capacity is 200. Maybe less for a podcast since I assume they'll be putting chairs in there.

Also thought this was funny. "STAGE: It’s a pretty good size. Like, ska-friendly. We’ll measure it soon."

Well Dan will be happy about that.

You know he's got hidden reserves that could erupt into skanking at a moments provocation.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

My buttons arrived today. Keep hope alive!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Good lord the Piers interview

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Alex barking about Iraq and Justin Smolett and all that is so loving trite and stupid. The slightest scrutiny reveals the stupidity of those “arguments”, and when you are the lesser person in a conversation with Pierce “why is James Bond walking around with a baby like a sissy?!” Morgan then you are truly spectacularly bad.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
This episode is so boring. I blame Piers.

E: i still blame Piers but also Alex saying the same poo poo we've heard 9000 times while arguing about not being allowed to talk is bad too.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 17, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

This episode is so boring. I blame Piers.

It could’ve been interesting, but Alex is too lazy to adapt to the reality after the trial so he just said the same horseshit louder.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly didn't know Pierce Morgan still had a show.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

It's not the same one as before, he keeps getting fired and starting new shows on other networks.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O god it’s like the horrific descendent of the Alex Went Down To Georgia bit.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

duz posted:

It's not the same one as before, he keeps getting fired and starting new shows on other networks.

Now be fair, he's not always fired. Sometimes he ragequits before he's fired.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo the first 15 minutes of the deposition is crazy

Mark is a Saint for being so calm and not smacking Enoch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

Holy poo poo the first 15 minutes of the deposition is crazy

Mark is a Saint for being so calm and not smacking Enoch

These fss lawyers are loving scum that live up to the lawyer guy on the simpsons

Not lionel hutz, the one with glasses