Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Deleter posted:

Oh god no thanks to Uncharted, I've had enough of their Tom Holland voice

MISTUH STAAAAAAHRK

Edit: It says a lot that their Tom Holland voice is literally just their Huey, Dewey and Louie impression

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

AceOfFlames posted:

MISTUH STAAAAAAHRK

Edit: It says a lot that their Tom Holland voice is literally just their Huey, Dewey and Louie impression

With a British accent :eng101:

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
This month’s 90210 features a young, babyfat Titus Welliver as the heavy. It’s great.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

The Deleter posted:

Oh god no thanks to Uncharted, I've had enough of their Tom Holland voice

It was funny the first time then got increasingly grating. I hope we get moderation, because Uncharted is a very dunkable movie.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

MISTUH STAAAAAAHRK

It keeps making me think of Teen Girl Squad.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Invalid Validation posted:

Awww yea dominion, can’t wait to hear about that turd.

I don't think it's as bad as Fallen Kingdom, but only because that is an extremely low bar to clear. I loving hate Fallen Kingdom. But, while Dominion is a very dumb movie, I had a decent time watching it. My expectations were absolutely in the basement when watching it, though.

It should make for a fun episode either way. A lot of dumb poo poo happens in there.

I'm honestly shocked they didn't choose Black Adam for the low hanging fruit. I haven't seen it, but another chance to rip on DC? That's their bread and butter.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 6, 2023

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

It keeps making me think of Teen Girl Squad.

CHEERLEADER
SO AND SO
WHAT'S HER FACE
MISTER STARK

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

The Deleter posted:

CHEERLEADER
SO AND SO
WHAT'S HER FACE
MISTER STARK

ARROW'D

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Eh, it's just Black Adam. BvS, Justice League, and Suicide Squad were all so bad as to justify emergency episodes (and they were all great). Black Adam is just boring bad, not Granny's Peach tea bad

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I saw Fallen Kingdom a couple years ago, and at the very least I remember the extremely stupid smart dinosaur in a mansion final set piece. I saw Dominion two months ago and I can't for the life of me remember what the final set piece was.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

fishing with the fam posted:

I saw Fallen Kingdom a couple years ago, and at the very least I remember the extremely stupid smart dinosaur in a mansion final set piece. I saw Dominion two months ago and I can't for the life of me remember what the final set piece was.

Burning down "jungle" and escaping the lab, all of which was on the compound of not-Tim Cook. I liked the chase through Malta in the middle more.

The biggest problem I had with Dominion is that it was two movies smashed together, the one with the legacy cast, and the one with the JW cast. And any time I would start to get a little invested in one, they'd switch to the other. And they only intersect at the very end. But some of the action set pieces were fun, which is more than I can say for Fallen Kingdom, and DeWanda Wise was a nice addition, and Isabella Sermon had more to do here.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a good movie, and they'll have plenty to talk about. I'm just saying if you held off because FK was bad, I personally think it's a bit better than that poo poo sandwich.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I only watched the Dead Meat Kill Count of it, and all I remember is a loving dinosaur spiking the camera with an "ehehehehhehe"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It basically winks at the camera and says “ain’t I a stinker” before it eats Ted Levine.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

The most baffling thing about that movie is that they spent the previous film setting up a way to get dinosaurs out of a limited location and out into the real world, only to spend most of the third movie in a new limited location. At least Goldblum, Neill and Dern got paid.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I saw JW: Dominion the way God intended - on a plane after a nice flight attendant gave me 4 of the little vodka bottles and a Coke Zero.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The phone line and email for Listener Request Month are open!

Main feed: 1-833-946-4264 or 1-833-WHM-GANG

Patreon: whmrequests AT gmail.com

itshappening.gif

Deadline is midnight EST January 27th.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I think my favorite wrinkle on an episode is definitely "half the team watched one cut, half watched the other, wait what do you mean that scene doesn't exist", and this week's cast delivers.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

One of my favorite moments from this week was (paraphrasing):

Cabin: "This movie is so incredibly long, and we've watched some long movies like Avatar recently, but this movie just feeeeels so long."
Someone else: "Which version did you watch?"
Cabin: "The extended cut."
*Everyone else erupts*
Someone, I forget who: "Well c'mon, man, you picked your poison!"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
You can't fault his logic, at least.

"I said I was never watching this movie again after the theatrical and I kept my word!"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

secretly best girl posted:

You can't fault his logic, at least.

"I said I was never watching this movie again after the theatrical and I kept my word!"

Ha, absolutely.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

thrawn527 posted:

One of my favorite moments from this week was (paraphrasing):

Cabin: "This movie is so incredibly long, and we've watched some long movies like Avatar recently, but this movie just feeeeels so long."
Someone else: "Which version did you watch?"
Cabin: "The extended cut."
*Everyone else erupts*
Someone, I forget who: "Well c'mon, man, you picked your poison!"

Eric said something like "You're shooting yourself in the foot asking 'who put these bullets in here?'" and that got a big laugh from me. This is a great episode so far.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

explosivo posted:

Eric said something like "You're shooting yourself in the foot asking 'who put these bullets in here?'" and that got a big laugh from me. This is a great episode so far.

Yes, thank you, that was the line.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

SilentChaz posted:

itshappening.gif

And once again I hope for Sub Rosa to be picked for the Nexus

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Not one to list must-haves in their discussions but I genuinely can’t believe no one mentioned the deer-slap.

Also if someone could call in and ask for Tiptoes tia. Previous years I’ve never been able to get through the phone line here in Sweden, guessing it’s the same this year.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SilentChaz posted:

itshappening.gif

Dumb question: do the call ins and the emails count as the same thing? Meaning you can request poo poo either way and it goes into the fishbowl?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Dumb question: do the call ins and the emails count as the same thing? Meaning you can request poo poo either way and it goes into the fishbowl?

I think phone is for main feed, email is for the patreon shows. It is unclear whether you can phone in patreon stuff.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

But in this case would the Patreon be a pitch for WLM?

Edit: judging by the last one it is. Wonder what would happen if they got a pitch for a WLM for a movie they hate.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Since they do review the submissions, I imagine they would reject it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God, that Dominion episode was really good.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SilentChaz posted:

itshappening.gif

I finally remembered to submit Skippy the Jedi Droid for Gleep Glossary. If chosen I accept full responsibility for Cabin shooting blood from every orifice on his head before falling over dead

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Resent my same requests from the last couple of years

Oliver and Company
Night of the Hunter
"Far Beyond the Stars"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Oliver and Company will hopefully result in more amazing Tom6 impressions so I support that one

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

B-Rock452 posted:

Oliver and Company will hopefully result in more amazing Tom6 impressions so I support that one

I haven't seen Oliver and Company since I was a kid and it first came out. I find it fascinating that it's completely disappeared from the Disney conversation. Treasure Planet and Atlantis both have their fans. Even Black Cauldron comes up sometimes as the black sheep of the family. But Oliver and Company is just this void no one talks about. I barely remember it myself, other than the big song by Billy Joel. (To be fair, I was 5 when it came out.) I'm assuming it's an Oliver Twist adaptation?

edit: *Googles* Joey Lawerence was the lead in that movie? What the hell?

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 11, 2023

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Does anyone know which mailbag episode features the guys and their wives? I feel like it was a Valentine's Day episode.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

thrawn527 posted:

edit: *Googles* Joey Lawerence was the lead in that movie? What the hell?

Ummm don’t you mean “Whoa!”?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

clown shoes posted:

Does anyone know which mailbag episode features the guys and their wives? I feel like it was a Valentine's Day episode.

Wasn't a Valentine's Day episode, it came out in May of 2018.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

GPTribefan posted:

Ummm don’t you mean “Whoa!”?

Yeah, that was a real missed opportunity on my part.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Wasn't a Valentine's Day episode, it came out in May of 2018.

Can't find the link to that one of their site.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

clown shoes posted:

Can't find the link to that one of their site.

It's in the Bonus episodes. Episode 41, "Getting Arrested on Easter".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

mweber posted:

I think phone is for main feed, email is for the patreon shows. It is unclear whether you can phone in patreon stuff.

Phone line is for regular WHM feeds. One title per call.
Email is for WLM, Gleep Glossary, Animation Damnation, and Nexus. One request per email. So, if you want to make a request for each area, that is 4 separate emails.

I paid attention to the ad, because I was debate actually requesting something