Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's taken them many, many years, but they're finally making it clear what type of damage each enemy attack uses.

Granted it doesn't matter nearly as much nowadays as it did back in ARR and HW, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Having a house and decorating it owns, and ties into a few of the game's other systems. Not sure where my retainer found that kitchenette and I don't want to know. Makes it feel like my character is part of the world, you know? Adds a needed gil sink to the game too. Apartment gives a good taste and is nice for cheap travel, but it's not my house. Can't decorate the yard or where I sometimes park the Chocobo.

I posted previously about a neighbor who runs laps around the ward, and that's all he does with his sub. Rarely I see him and do a lap or two with him, but he's hard to catch. It's such a small part of the world but this poo poo is what I love about MMOs.

The downsides:
- Getting it, before they introduced the lottery, was one of the least fun things I've done in game. You had to position your cursor just so, tape over the bottom of your mouse, and then go to town clicking while watching movies or whatever. Eventually you either give up or someone else gets the lucky click. Still better than Eureka part 2. New system is objectively better but with my luck I would still not have one.
- Have to keep up my subscription, makes me feel like a rube.
- It's Shirogane, which makes the least narrative sense. Francel owes me a house imo.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thundarr posted:

It's taken them many, many years, but they're finally making it clear what type of damage each enemy attack uses.

Granted it doesn't matter nearly as much nowadays as it did back in ARR and HW, but still.

DRK still has a magic only CD, so it's mostly for them I'd say.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

Also I hope the Blackjack is loving gigantic but I'll understand if it isn't. Having the correct music is non-negotiable, though.

I'm still salty that the Falcon doesn't play "Searching for Friends".

Here's a look at the size in-game of the Blackjack.

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1606280160579403782

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

^^^ Looks like about the same size as the Lunar Whale. So, big but you still gotta shrink to fit inside it.

Some good updates to the fishing log, but I sincerely don't understand the insistence on still hiding some information about fish you've already caught.

quote:

Entries for fish that have been caught before will now display their preferred bait.

※Preferred bait for big fish, living legends, and fish obtainable via ocean fishing will appear as "???" regardless.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 6, 2023

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
30 waymark preset saves now.

That’s the stuff.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
drat they just keep coming with random quality-of-life features previously implemented in a third-party addon.
Portrait (furniture) previews are in, party list debuff time remaining is in, gil count in the inventory window is in, and loving FINALLY you can disable the automatic camera follow in Legacy movement.

All of these were options I used from addons and it's really nice to see QoL stuff like that implemented with each of these patches.

Plus it looks like they're finally pulling what remains of cross-class skills out of the game with the change of gatherer skills to role actions.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

simpletweaks been reeeeaaaal quiet since the prelim notes dropped

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Hope they just let you set your adventure plate as a portrait outside of PVP, no reason to enforce gear parity for anything else.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Oxyclean posted:

Maybe it's the mount for the new treasure map?

This is my guess as well.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

After reading this, I was pretty sure it was the lopperit mount since there's kind of a bunny-looking mask on it, as well as it being "shown" on the moon, but now that I think of it, the tribe quests aren't around till 6.35 or whatever, right? I dont think they preview the tribe mounts ahead of time, do they?

Maybe it's the mount for the new treasure map?

The omicron mount was in the 6.2 trailer

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

jjac posted:

Hope they just let you set your adventure plate as a portrait outside of PVP, no reason to enforce gear parity for anything else.

Me too. Or one button copy/paste the pose and lighting.

I love looking at peoples' portraits but I have no talent for making them, and it's incredibly frustrating how often they break and show the default.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Seeing a GC/FC section of the patch notes got my hopes up and then it's just a couple minor update to the FC Workshop. Both the Grand Companies and Free Companies are way past due for new features.

Chillgamesh posted:

Check out this little booger who I'm guessing drops in the new dungeon:

Stay safe

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress didn't realize patch day was so close, when does patch maintenance usually happen? Like the day before, right?

Need to grind up some tomestones...

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Maintenance is Monday night into early Tuesday morning.

quote:

[Date & Time]
Jan. 9, 2023 6:00 p.m. to Jan. 10, 2023 2:00 a.m. (PST)
* Completion time is subject to change.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

Or one button copy/paste the pose and lighting.

This exists (well, it's two-button, but whatever)

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
But no notes on job action changes?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SuperKlaus posted:

They never include class changes in notes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Qwertycoatl posted:

This exists (well, it's two-button, but whatever)

This is a good way to spread them from jobs but they still shouldn't break when you change gear, especially with how people often don't care about accessories in glamours.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SuperKlaus posted:

These aren't the full patch notes

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

They never include class changes in notes

In the preliminary notes. They will get posted when the full notes go up during the down time.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
They save job changes till patch day usually to minimize the amount of freaking out people do over buffs or nerfs they haven't tried yet

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Job changes are announced day-of because they don't want people impotently malding about them for days in advance

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Joke's on them. I'm going to freak out and spread rumors that PLD is being totally gutted and they're not showing us notes because they're ashamed of what they've done.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, job changes aren't noted until the final patch notes come out, while the server is down for maintenance.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think i read recently that they save any job patch notes for the full ones that come out during maintenance

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hahaha, I need more moogle tomes. And fast

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

SettingSun posted:

Maintenance is Monday night into early Tuesday morning.

huh. i still won't get to play Monday but that's different, usually the big .X patches get a 24-hour maintenance. 6.2 didn't but they also did a 24-hour maintenance with 6.18 with the new DC travel and servers.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I hope they decide to rework fishing personally. I don't find it engaging or entertaining even compared to mining. Just feels like too much time and attention for too little reward.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kharmakazy posted:

I hope they decide to rework fishing personally. I don't find it engaging or entertaining even compared to mining. Just feels like too much time and attention for too little reward.

Fishing is it's own reward. Like it's got minions and titles and poo poo but thw point of fishing is to fish.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I do like all the QoL announcements a lot though. Unreasonably excited to dye the Chocobo hats, and get easier access to dyable Lunar Envoy stuff. I'm actually unsubbed right now but if I wasn't already coming back the FF6 mount would have roped me in.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Fishing is it's own reward. Like it's got minions and titles and poo poo but thw point of fishing is to fish.

Like, if it was an actual fishing mini game I would be stoked. Now it's a don't look away from the screen simulator. I love a good fishing mini game like breath of fire or OoT

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

plug in a controller and activate inputs when out of focus and you can definitely look away from the screen lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kharmakazy posted:

Like, if it was an actual fishing mini game I would be stoked. Now it's a don't look away from the screen simulator. I love a good fishing mini game like breath of fire or OoT

Minigames are for the weak and impatient. Sit in the serene beauty of nature and contemplate your place in it as you cast.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Vitamean posted:

plug in a controller and activate inputs when out of focus and you can definitely look away from the screen lol

I don't follow this, could you elaborate? I'm mostly playing on the steam deck and that's basically a controller so maybe it still applies!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

idk if it'd apply to steam deck, but the controller rumbles differently depending on if it's a light medium or hard tug.

I mainly use audio cues and mouse clicks to fish while reading or watching stuff on my second monitor though.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'll look into that, thanks for the tip

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The following items are now dyeable: Chocobo Mask, Chocobo Suit, Racing Chocobo Mask, Fat Chocobo Head

"Wait, there's a chocobo mask besides the racing one?" *checks wiki* "poo poo, legacy content, unavailable."

"Hmm, but I do have two pots of Metallic Red, with the Chicken Knife I could make a decent Fat RDM..." *checks* "Goddammit Collector's Edition."

Vitamean posted:

this too. it seems like they're slowly decoupling fashion accessories from the mount system, which could one day mean you'll be able to use some accessories in combat.
Wait, I was technically riding my glasses?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Wasn't this patch supposed to be the paladin rework? Did I miss it in the notes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
^ lol read the page

I thought the Chocobo Mask and Racing Chocobo Mask were identical anyway.