Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

A few (?) years ago there was some crazy rear end cartel vs Mexican government warfare. Also related to arresting a son.

A bunch of the cartel dudes had GoPros so the higher ups could watch I guess? It was like a small army vs the police and government. Freaking real life twitch streams of CoD. And the weirdest part was that eventually there was a peace agreement reached or whatever by leadership, and all the cartel dudes and government dudes just immediately stopped and starting chatting with each. Like showing good sportsmanship after a match.

Same cartel and same son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I have never seen the Godfather movies

So I’ve seen them all, but like in parts during godfather marathons on AMC. Like I’d randomly flip to it and watch it for an hour then go do something else.

I couldn’t tell you the linear plot of any of the movies, but if I sat down and watched them I’d know every scene.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Intruder posted:

if you don't have a gun the king of england can come in your place any time and start pushing you around

This is true. Ask a French Acadian Cajun

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao talking about just buying guns and not mastering the gunkata of the Tetragrammaton Cleric

https://twitter.com/met_armsarmor/status/1611316212201316353?s=46&t=-_73iubBsVroOE5rd4Jxog

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Motherfuckers trying to be Squall over here

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Is it just me or does it feel like were entering week 3 of this week?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Today we remember a man who, while trying to make the "You're Fired" guy a king for life. Shocked his own balls with a tazer and died.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Motherfuckers trying to be Squall over here

I'm looking forward to 1000 years from now when a future archeologist finds a replica Gunblade and tries to figure out how it was supposed to work

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Quiet Feet posted:

Between Damar Hamlin and Kevin McCarthy getting humiliated, it's been a pretty eventful week.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Also going back to work after a 3-day weekend made this week extra hellish early on.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's Friday & I'm dreading going to work because I'll be spending the entire time unfucking my iMac.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Intruder posted:

if you don't have a gun the king of england can come in your place any time and start pushing you around

That sounds bad because his hands are gross and I don't want them touching me.

Quiet Feet posted:

I was off for 11 days, came back Tuesday, had to take Wednesday as PTO due to snow, and now suddenly it's Friday? My concept of the week has been off for quite a while, but should come sharply back into focus on Monday when it's 5 day weeks until loving Memorial Day.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

Congrats Paramedic Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg

Now time to get busy agonizing over the most minor patient care decisions while absolutely seething over your truck’s lovely suspension.

Abugadu posted:

Congrats Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg!

FizFashizzle posted:

Yaaaaaaas to both

Thanks all! I already had a lady in her 90s tell me to go gently caress myself because I asked which finger she wanted a pulse ox on :3:

E: and holy gently caress do I need to come up with a less lovely username.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Judging by the stories we’ve heard from Lee Majors I think it’s only more apt now

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Thanks all! I already had a lady in her 90s tell me to go gently caress myself because I asked which finger she wanted a pulse ox on :3:

I suggest some festive punctuation to spice things up for 2023.

How about "Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg?"

Maybe go "¡Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg!" for a :mexico: vibe. :ese:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
From a few pages back but instead of Sodastream get a DrinkMate. They have a Co2 exchange program that makes the refills pretty cheap. Also US company.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

We made bad choices in 2004.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I was off for 11 days, came back Tuesday, had to take Wednesday as PTO due to snow, and now suddenly it's Friday? My concept of the week has been off for quite a while, but should come sharply back into focus on Monday when it's 5 day weeks until loving Memorial Day.

Yeah I think it's a cocktail of the awkward couple of weeks, what Fartknocker and Bird in a Blender have said, sleeping like poo poo this week and trying to get the kiddo back on track at school. She's shaving a super rough week.

Abugadu posted:

Hey now, that's the year I met and went on my first date with my wife!

So I guess she's the one who made the bad choice. :v:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Hot Diggity! posted:

From a few pages back but instead of Sodastream get a DrinkMate. They have a Co2 exchange program that makes the refills pretty cheap. Also US company.

How cheap? Sodastream also has refill programs, and (at least here) there are a lot of places.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I loving give up on this species.

https://larrybrownsports.com/mma/tbs-decision-dana-whites-slap-league-show/609732?amp

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Abugadu posted:

Not an empty quote. I don't even remember what screennames I was trying to get but I recalled the first ... bunch I chose were all taken. Finally just grabbed an album that was on my desk that is not even that great and now I seem emo or whatever.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Time for another GBS "post itt for a random new username" thread.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got a sodastream for Christmas. It's been excellent thus far, and Target has a canister exchange for $15. I like a little bit of carbonation, but not as much as what's in La Croix or other carbonated water.

That said, finding syrups in store has been a pain as everywhere is sold out (and all the Bed Bath and Beyonds near me have closed).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

I got a sodastream for Christmas. It's been excellent thus far, and Target has a canister exchange for $15. I like a little bit of carbonation, but not as much as what's in La Croix or other carbonated water.

That said, finding syrups in store has been a pain as everywhere is sold out (and all the Bed Bath and Beyonds near me have closed).

I got the family one for Christmas as well and its been a massive hit so far. We don't have any places to exchange the co2 which kinda sucks but we travel to a place out of town that has some so I'll just grab a few canisters then trade them out when we travel to that town. I live in a pretty small rural town so basically WalMart is the only place that I can get the syrups and they've been good about having everything in stock.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

How cheap? Sodastream also has refill programs, and (at least here) there are a lot of places.

We rotate three 60 oz cartridges. when you order from them they send in boxes that are designed to return, so it's just a matter of sticking a prepaid label on.

$22 coupon provided to you for the return of two.

https://idrinkproducts.com/pages/co2-exchange

A big selling point of theirs is you can carbonate other liquids, although we haven't yet. Still gets a ton of use.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was just chugging soda water when I got a soda stream and I knew I couldn't be trusted with it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm looking forward to 1000 years from now when a future archeologist finds a replica Gunblade and tries to figure out how it was supposed to work
"The steel used in the construction of this blade seems lesser than steel used in other artifacts from this period."

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Isn't SodaStream the Israeli company that supports Palestinian apartheid?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

I was just chugging soda water when I got a soda stream and I knew I couldn't be trusted with it.

Having calcium in your bones is overrated

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

No Butt Stuff posted:

Isn't SodaStream the Israeli company that supports Palestinian apartheid?

Yes, they have a factory in the occupied territories of the West Bank.

e: looks like they shut that one down

This also leads to a ton of misreading of headlines about "White's Power Slap League"

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 6, 2023

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jesus CHRIST my 48 year old coworker announced to the whole team in a meeting that he’s going on leave to have open heart surgery and getting FIVE bypasses

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

Jesus CHRIST my 48 year old coworker announced to the whole team in a meeting that he’s going on leave to have open heart surgery and getting FIVE bypasses

You’re in Wisconsin right?

Revenge of the curds.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

T-Square posted:

I’m surprised he’s delaying surgery that long.

They stopped my dad in the middle of a stress test to wheel him into a triple bypass. He said he didn’t really worry until he noticed that the nurses pushing his bed were sprinting

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Time for another GBS "post itt for a random new username" thread.

Make it TFF w the football equivalent of the engrish names, like Bobson Dugnutt.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

You’re in Wisconsin right?

Revenge of the curds.

Yeah, this dudes not super huge or anything but he’s got a lot of that hard upper abdominal fat and I’m pretty sure he’s a heavy smoker to boot. Dude looks rough. And I think his surgery was scheduled for four months ago and kept getting pushed so idk that guy probably needs to find a new doctor/surgeon.

My girlfriend was sitting on the couch watching TV and she heard him say what was happening and went “What the gently caress” lmao

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

T-Square posted:

That many bypasses, you should call him the Milwaukee Zoo. (Regional!)

In related Wisconsin health news, I am also on the dry January bandwagon. My weight was creeping up last year, and the holidays got it to “hey, you swore you’d never get this heavy again.” Looking at the amount of beer and liquor I have, I totally see why my usually drinking habits got a little heavier. I could have two a day for a month just based on what I have in or next to my beer fridge, and that’s without even touching my rare and special occasion stuff.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My grandma went to the doctor in her late 70s and found out she needed quadruple bypass surgery. That recovery was rough. She was on all sorts of drugs that made her hallucinate so it more or less meant she had to have a family member be around 24/7 because she would want to pull out all the IVs in her arm and try to get away.

Her mind was never quite the same after that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s weird how easily the daily habit can creep up. I was a social drinker for 20+ years and the isolation of Covid + mid- to late-30s dad interpersonal friendship fade just started turning up the loneliness and boredom. Before I knew it was knocking down 4-5 beers a night without even getting intoxicated, purely as habit.

Had a bit of clarity and decided it’s just not healthy anymore and I wasn’t in control of my relationship with ETOH anymore, so now I’m sober.

It’s insidious how many little tendrils it can finagle into your life. I wish I’d been in control because I do enjoy social drinking but it’s just not for me anymore. :shrug:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I set a goal of doing a 100 mile work week on my stationary bike this week. So riding 20 miles a day M-F. Monday through Thursday was cool and good and I was completely motivated to wake up at 5am to do my ride and then a short 25 min light/moderate intensity lifting with my 30lb slamball and 45 lb plate. Yesterday my now 4 month old got her vaccines and was up throughout the night in discomfort as she reacted to them and my 3 year old wanted me to co sleep with her in her twin bed (i am 6'7" tall). When my watch went off at 5am this morning I was dragggingggggg asssssssss, but did the ride anyway, basically told myself "stop whining you sit all day" and was able to bust out the final 20 miles even managed 20MPH which was a grind but I didnt want to take any longer than an hour and my pace for the first 20 mins was like 16 miles per hour and I just didnt want to spend 1 hour 20 mins bc I was just dragging. Ending up kicking my poo poo into gear and caught the 20 MPH pace and crushed the ride.

Feeling proud and eager for a rest day tomorrow.

2023 going well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

It’s weird how easily the daily habit can creep up. I was a social drinker for 20+ years and the isolation of Covid + mid- to late-30s dad interpersonal friendship fade just started turning up the loneliness and boredom. Before I knew it was knocking down 4-5 beers a night without even getting intoxicated, purely as habit.

This is almost all of my patients who struggle with alcohol; all of them are in control until they're not.

And covid just ratcheted EVERYTHING up.