Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

After playing more of the Olympus mode, I can confidently say that Lucio's stun-boop is the most annoying loving thing in the world, and the more Lucios there are, the more annoying it becomes.

Basically everything about that mode sucks massive amounts of sweaty gamer rear end. Bad event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

SadisTech posted:

Basically everything about that mode sucks massive amounts of sweaty gamer rear end. Bad event.

I think the tank duels are pretty fun but that's about it. I've won a surprising amount of 1v1s as Junker Queen.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Issaries posted:

Anyone tried the new buffed J-Quuen yet? How is she stacking against other tanks?

Wait, buffed?

*Looks*

They took immediate damage off her knife, one of the harder to hit abilities in the game, in exchange for making it a lovely ticking wound damage that can be healed by lucio's non boosted passive healing?

Hahahaha

I mean the carnage and the wound change is fine but that's so loving weird that they nerfed the knife.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The axe now has shorter cooldown the more targets you hit with it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Aye, I saw. I like that change, I just think the knife change is weird in a game that right now seems to be about burst damage.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

You should still get the self-heal from the knife bleed even if it's being healed, so there's value in throwing the knife into someone as you engage and leaving it there to give you a steady stream of self-sustain for three seconds, which you can stack with additional bleed from Carnage.

They shouldn't have nerfed the impact damage either way.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Jack Trades posted:

The axe now has shorter cooldown the more targets you hit with it.

:eyepop:

How much per target?!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think queens self heal is too weak for it to matter, tbh.

Like, for me her entire gameplan is speedboosting at a squishy, hitting them with a shotgun knife shotgun pull shotgun carnage shotgun melee. Any fight where she's in it for more than a few seconds, she's dead.

Granted sometimes i play roadhog and just press shift and m1, instead.

Veryslightlymad posted:

How much per target?!

2s. If you somehow hit four people you can insta cast it again.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
That's crazy. Holy hell. I gotta try that out.

Also, I disagree. Queen is pretty crazy durable, assuming she picks her targets well. If nothing else, her shout keeps her supports up better than most tools.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
queen is the squishiest tank by far

every other tank in the game either has huge mobility and/or a really good "lol i cant die" button.

It feels like the optimal way to play her is yolo into the enemy team and hope your team brawls with you.

They should tweak her to make poking more rewarding (i.e. speed up the knife velocity)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

How much per target?!

dogstile posted:

2s. If you somehow hit four people you can insta cast it again.

Also it doesn't need to be a player target. it's -2s cooldown per instance of damage.
Shields, Turrets, Mai's Wall, Railings, all work.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
junker queen has a voice line I can't quite make out, not sure if its just ever green or part of the shiny zeus skin but every time I hear it I swear she's saying "I need a bucket bong"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, queen has no armour so she actually dies way faster than tanks with similar health pools. She also has no mitigation ability.

Compare this to say, Ram, who can press shift and right click forever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ram is a bad example because I'd argue that Ram without a Support is much less durable than JQ without a Support. Especially after the last patch.

Ram with a Support is much more durable though, I can agree with that, since healing armor is infinitely more efficient than healing health.
And there's also the Hog and the Nightmare Horse that doesn't die, no matter what.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ram when in nem form has 675 health (with armour) and can right click to reduce all incoming damage by 75%, giving him effectively another 400.

Junker queen gets 625 on a worse cooldown and none of the armour.

Numbers wise, it's not even close. Not even if you're generous and give her 100 health from bleed.

Hog is a special case because breather gives him damage reduction.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dogstile posted:

Ram when in nem form has 675 health (with armour) and can right click to reduce all incoming damage by 75%, giving him effectively another 400.

Junker queen gets 625 on a worse cooldown and none of the armour.

Numbers wise, it's not even close. Not even if you're generous and give her 100 health from bleed.

Hog is a special case because breather gives him damage reduction.

Any particular reason why you're ignoring self-healing and the fact that Ram can't do poo poo easily be flanked while blocking to negate it?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
abilities are part of a hero's durability and ram also has a big fat shield

the biggest part of junker queen's durability is she has a smaller hitbox than other tanks lol

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

Any particular reason why you're ignoring self-healing and the fact that Ram can't do poo poo easily be flanked while blocking to negate it?

I literally mentioned the bleed dawg

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Trades posted:

Also it doesn't need to be a player target. it's -2s cooldown per instance of damage.
Shields, Turrets, Mai's Wall, Railings, all work.

That's not intentional, right? Lol. When I read the patch notes, I just assumed to trigger the cooldown, it needed to be hits on enemy players themselves.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Laffo, the 300 final blows poo poo in the event is going to be impossible for me. I guess if I play all day every day with one character until the end of the event I'll probably get enough for one.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The greatest contributor to JQ's durability is her relatively small (for a tank) hitbox.

She still goes squish and it seems really silly to compare it to, say, Ram who could conceivably tank over 2k damage without getting healed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dogstile posted:

I literally mentioned the bleed dawg

Knife + Melee + Axe is 98 healing, assuming the worst case scenario where you only hit ONE target.

And considering the fact that you're still ignoring the second part of my post then I'm gonna assume that the answer is that you're just being disingenuous.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Knife + Melee + Axe is 98 healing, assuming the worst case scenario where you only hit ONE target.

dogstile posted:

?????????

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Worst case scenario =/= being generous

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

yeah JQ needs armor and her shout needs to give permanent health back to her and not temporary. Temporary for allies is fine, or temporary if it goes above her HP pool.

She's really fun to play but you're at such a disadvantage using her.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

A worst case scenario is hitting none of the attacks, being generous is landing every single one.

Landing every single attack and hitting multiple opponents with a long wind-up melee attack is a rarity at best.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

A worst case scenario is hitting none of the attacks, being generous is landing every single one.

Landing every single attack and hitting multiple opponents with a long wind-up melee attack is a rarity at best.

I guess my biggest flaw here is that I'm assuming that people I play with have a base level of competence and aren't currently unwinding in Comp from their recent lobotomies.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

.....wtf?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

I guess my biggest flaw here is that I'm assuming that people I play with have a base level of competence and aren't currently unwinding in Comp from their recent lobotomies.

Bro i literally play in masters and that's because i've gone from playing in scrim teams for team UK to "chilling after work".

I've literally forgotten more about this game than you'll ever know, so don't hit me with that "base level of competence" poo poo. You're far more likely to hit more than one target in lower elo's than higher because you'd have to be throwing to stack next to eachother while she winds up.

E: Actually, while i'm at it. I didn't talk about the flanking thing because I assumed anyone playing against decent opposition isn't letting themselves get flanked unless their team is dead. If your team is dead you want to die fast to reset for next fight anyway. It's literally a non-issue. If someone is allowed to stand behind you as ram and shoot you in the back, you're gonna have to go next anyway.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 6, 2023

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

number one skill I'm trying to get my homie to work on is not staying in the fight so long after it's been lost. I think it must be easy to feel like you're doing something in the thick of it, but in reality you're getting frustrated dying alone and your team is getting frustrated that you didn't reset with them

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It's very easy to get bleed on multiple enemies and the shout refreshes, which yields 200 extra HP and 50 to any nearby ally. Keeping your supports alive keeps you alive. So as long as you know how to weave in and out of fights, the queen has a ton of survivability.

I may not be in a high bracket, but I do have north of 65% win rate with the character, and she is my best overall hero. She can be very hard to kill if you're playing to her strengths.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's very easy to get bleed on multiple enemies and the shout refreshes, which yields 200 extra HP and 50 to any nearby ally. Keeping your supports alive keeps you alive. So as long as you know how to weave in and out of fights, the queen has a ton of survivability.

I may not be in a high bracket, but I do have north of 65% win rate with the character, and she is my best overall hero. She can be very hard to kill if you're playing to her strengths.

It's still less in numbers than other tanks. Even if you go "cool, i hit another member of their team with the axe" (and remember, this will get harder at higher brackets) you're getting 150 healing, without armour.

This is still way less than the current played tanks (Which seems to be Ram/Orisa/Hog). The meta right now seems to be working mostly more spread too, so the 50 per ally doesn't mean as much as you'd like.

I played every tank this season and queen has to work the hardest to do what other tanks can do with less button presses, less accuracy and less thinking. She needs way more in buffs, taking away burst damage and saying "yeah but she gets a tiny bit more healing over 3 seconds" doesn't actually help.

E: Also shout is on a 12 second cooldown (I think, from memory) and Ram is on <10. Winston bubble is an immediate +700 and that's also on an 8 second cooldown.

E2: lol, no, its 14 seconds. So she can at most add 800 health to a fight(with perfect placement of her team, which really isn't happening at almost any elo, even gm) whereas Winston could do 1400 almost the same timeframe.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 6, 2023

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Give JQ a personal speed boost for each wound she inflicts imo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Pattonesque posted:

Give JQ a personal speed boost for each wound she inflicts imo

Make her shout reset on every final blow.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Hey, if you all want a buff for the Queen, I won't turn it down.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Veryslightlymad posted:

Hey, if you all want a buff for the Queen, I won't turn it down.

Please she's so loving fun to play. I hate being told to play orisa every game :(

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Maybe start by taking out the wind up to her axe. Why is it even there at all?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Maybe start by taking out the wind up to her axe. Why is it even there at all?

To make it remarkably satisfying to land. Shame the ragdoll for scoring a kill with it isn't more dramatic.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
lol just played a diamond support match with a pocketed sojourn named "sojourn" who admitted to smurfing because it's not against TOS, went 26-1 and missed exactly one of her charged railgun shots against my kiriko. super cool blizzard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

You should still get the self-heal from the knife bleed even if it's being healed, so there's value in throwing the knife into someone as you engage and leaving it there to give you a steady stream of self-sustain for three seconds, which you can stack with additional bleed from Carnage.

They shouldn't have nerfed the impact damage either way.

So people know, both before and after patch if you pull the knife out of someone immediately you still get the bleed.

Junker Queen sustain got buffed in multiple ways. There’s the extra healing from last patch, there’s now immediate healing for your bleeds on kill (so a Carnage final blow in a fight will be a small health pack), and now you can stack 3 or 4 different bleeds at once on a single target (Ultimate+Carnage+Melee+Knife direct)

Since the knife impact got buffed to be another separate bleed counter, they nerfed its damage a little. It does mean she loses some consistency on knife pull -> shoot -> melee combo but that wasn’t doing 200 damage without a headshot or using Carnage anyway, and they buffed Carnage cooldown on hit. Correct me if I’m wrong here, but her shotgun does somewhere in the range of 50-60 damage on a meat shot, so it’s always been a four shot kill on a squishy without headshots. Her sustain has been buffed a ton and while she’s still weak to burst damage and will always need to flank or approach from cover, that’s just her design.