Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hooray!

https://twitter.com/elegab_jp/status/1603553187788881926?s=20&t=I4mG27XS96NJz0gRTF5i9Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Snowy posted:

The one on the top right with hands for nipples is very disturbing

Turbinosamente posted:

And those are indeed the latest Konatsuya drops. Qpop shop and Strangecat Toys already released them, My Plastic Heart is just about to. And yeah I've never warmed up to Pigora (tiny nipple hands) either.

I somehow never saw Pigora before recently, and I was tickled pink by his horrific little arms. Plus I like budgies.

If anyone's still on the hunt for a holiday Konatsu, Bubblewrapp drops theirs tonight at 8PM CST.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I did think a little bit about that Pigora color but ultimately decided nah. I'm trying to wait out on my last two orders of the year arriving before diving in again anyways. Though thanks for pointing out Bubblewrapp toys; I forget they exist sometimes.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Last one of the year for me came today. Really fun set overall! Construction on the ring is pretty interesting. It's got a solid foam block giving structure underneath. Now he just needs someone to wrestle.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 24, 2022

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang that ring is great!

Meanwhile: https://twitter.com/elegab_jp/status/1604242052765876224?s=20&t=0Qhy3kNRG_8KKe15ZYT4dw

Timerya is finally available for lottery in the USA, Australia, and Mexico! Only 30 made!

Due to the weak yen, even with shipping to the USA it's just shy of $100

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That's so tempting; I regret not snagging on of the blue Tunnelon. I know I'll regret this one too, but I really need to be saving right now.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Fffft I think I might try for one of Shimomoku's latest Kubitas, provided someone instantly flips it into Mandarake after the show they're selling at today/yesterday. I never quite understand why that is; a few days after a show or something a couple pieces wind up traded in, unless it's buyer's remorse creeping in on the original purchaser?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Now he just needs someone to wrestle.

Might I suggest A Pigora with his horrid little grasping arms? :v:

Things that look like Hedorah are my favorite sofubi. That's Banorah (hairy and normal) from Bwana Spoons.

Cutting back on sofubi next year, but I've got a few sitting in pre-orders that will totally surprise me when they get here, so that kind of counts as getting a new ones! (looking at you, Cherry Blossom Biollante...)

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Drive by quick post of the last two sofubi of the year:

I won in the last Sisimaru Momo lottery and chose this before my no more cats edict. I think I like it better than the Magical Pot Lion, but it was a very hard choice.

Also I broke my own rule and have four Shibaras now. The orange ice pop color on the right is the newest.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

NICE!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Bwana spoons stuff seems hard to come by, but I do like some of his sculpts.

That Pharaoh cat is super rad!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I like that trans flag-colored kitty :nyoron:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I won the lottery for Timerya. I'll finally be getting one :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/elegab_jp/status/1606474909156507648?s=20&t=RC_NMMpFEG_XpxfxYaI4-Q

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Hell yeah, congrats!!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang. Konatsuya is doing a jackalope now. I'll have to eventually get one (one of my favorite animals)

https://twitter.com/konatsu_ya/status/1606565328368332800?s=20&t=p5dWy4cvD-QrSgeXw3ytZA

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dang. Konatsuya is doing a jackalope now. I'll have to eventually get one (one of my favorite animals)

https://twitter.com/konatsu_ya/status/1606565328368332800?s=20&t=p5dWy4cvD-QrSgeXw3ytZA

Huh so the speculation was true. I'm not that wild about jackalopes in general so I'll probably pass. For instant gratification there's this one on Mandarake that's crossed with Alice in Wonderland imagery.

Edit: gently caress just saw the illustrations for the can badges, the drawn jackalope is much cuter than the figure!

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 24, 2022

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Have a great Holiday weekend, everybody

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, or wonderful secular Sunday!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Merry christmas, sofubi thread!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone get anything rad for the holidays? I got a pretty rad haul from the wife this year!

First up is an M1 Kure Kure Takora trike from M1. I'm vaguely familiar with the character, but who doesn't love an octopus on a tricycle!
Secondly, was a Cat Magic Toys Halloween Witch Cat Lulu! I'd hoped I would get one of these for our anniversary, which is at the end of Oct, as I was told to stop buying when I brought this up. I thought I was going to get it then, but she held onto it for Christmas to keep me waiting.
Thirdly, is a clear purple Max Toy Fireman to add to the collection.

Next is this set of Toysbian Space Calvary. As an action figure first guy, these really hit the middle of the Venn-diagram with their helmets and accessories. I had this set on my Ebay watch list and was sad when it disappeared, haha. Also, they looked great in package on cards, but I was so excited to open them I forgot to take pictures first...

Lastly is this Max Toy Co. Sofubi Man with casting station. Another item I got excited for when announced, but was in my no purchases window. This one though I didn't think she actually paid attention to and was a complete surprise.

2022 was certainly the year of Sofubi as far as my collecting goes. I want to keep collecting in 2023, but this really gets the creative juices flowing. I might actually try to paint and sculpt a few things this upcoming year. Hope everyone has a happy New Year!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Ran across a really interesting looking Chinese maker on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm8z12tBcYi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I've always liked Art Deco designs (Thanks BTAS), and the old Metropolis movie poster art. This gives me the same kind of vibes. They've also got another set of figures that have parts that are interchangeable to create looks however you want.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiUG8mVO0zK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Neat stuff!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
A store by me had a lot of neat sofubi but I just got this basic Kirby

They also had a neat Burning Godzilla that looked a bit more premium but I decided it was too expensive at the time. $55 for a ~4inch Godzilla. If it is still there the next time I'm at the store I might go for it. Feels unlikely it would though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Look who's here!

(First time I've had a sofubi show up in a fancy box!)

With JJ for scale:

I need to go find my black light to see how well it glows! And maybe figure out a little wall shelf set-up for my slew of GID guys.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
hot drat that is a beautiful biollante

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Hell yeah, a Kirby and Biollante! Two ends of the spectrum, both awesome.

Shiroc, do you know who made the Kirby?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Haha, interesting that Kirby would pop up at a time where I'm looking at my Kirby amiibo and wondering if I should get an upgraded figure or not.

It is a nice parallel having two pink chaotic monster sofubi in the thread at the same time too, lol!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Hell yeah, a Kirby and Biollante! Two ends of the spectrum, both awesome.

Shiroc, do you know who made the Kirby?

The tag says it was from Ensky. The store had a few different ones. It’s from the 星のカービィ ソフビコレクション set.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Shiroc posted:

The tag says it was from Ensky. The store had a few different ones. It’s from the 星のカービィ ソフビコレクション set.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Saw that Mondo's dropping a gold glitter Jet Jaguar tomorrow in honor of the 50th anniversary of Godzilla vs. Megalon and a little cheaper than other JJ drops at $75.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

drat tempting, but I can't right now. Definitely my personal favorite of the variants.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Do any of the Mondo ones not sell out in seconds?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Shiroc posted:

The sakura pink one from last years sdcc stayed up on the site for a couple of days, during which I talked myself out of it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao at Yamomark. I can't wait to hang out with these folks again

https://twitter.com/picopicoshimbun/status/1612794204132081666?s=20&t=7W6s95dj0hY8tw_I1IEXTA

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shiroc posted:

The Jet Jaguars haven't sold out (other than OG color and SDCC), and the last Biollante variant was still in stock recently.

IIRC the Godzilla and Hedorah runs were like, half the size of what these were. (I also think the JJ variants are really bland, though the glitter is cool).

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

LadyPictureShow posted:

IIRC the Godzilla and Hedorah runs were like, half the size of what these were. (I also think the JJ variants are really bland, though the glitter is cool).

Ah, that makes sense because those were the ones I tried to get.

The store did end up having the Burning Godzilla but I ended up picking the Millennium one that I hadn't seen the first time.

I considered getting both but I just spent $$$ on Evangelion production sketches

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Awesome! Love the silhouette of the Millennium Godzilla. CCP puts out some pretty rad stuff. I'd like to add one of their Hedorah trios to the collection someday.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Made it to Shin Ultraman last night. It was was incredible!

I'm no expert by any means, but it had a super fun tone. Serious where it needed to be, but never took itself too seriously. Lots of little callbacks to the original (and probably some that went over my head). Fun to see a lot of these things I've just watched from the 60s updated for a modern audience. Still think the movie would be fun for someone who was unfamiliar to the source material.

There's a dubbed version showing tonight around the country. If you see this and find yourself without plans this evening, I'd recommend going.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah two of my friends who went last night have been aware of Ultraman for a long time but never really saw any except The Next which they found terrible. They really enjoyed this and I’m going to loan them my Blu Rays of Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultra Seven because honestly it is right up their alley.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Decided I did want Burning Godzilla too

e:
Burning Godzilla! You son of a bitch!

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I need help! Anyone recall a sofubi cuttlefish or squid that had a saddle on it? I'm sure someone made one, I thought it was Galaxy People, but I'm drawing a blank. Like a litte bio-vehicle?

Maybe it was an Astro Mu 5 thing.

EDIT: Found it! Galaxy People SEFLApod!

I didn't realize they had done so many little vehicles, they're great:

https://clutter.co/c/gallery/galaxy-people/

Failson fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 15, 2023