Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I mean, my back gets it.

I have to do a squat to peer into the depths under the shelves to find where my gf stashes poo poo in the fridge, sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

come to think of it the best use of that niche is to add a rug and let the cat have it's own cubbyhole, cats are obsessed with cubbyholes.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

By popular demand posted:

come to think of it the best use of that niche is to add a rug and let the cat have it's own cubbyhole, cats are obsessed with cubbyholes.

I bet it's warm too

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

By popular demand posted:

What do you store in the underfridge niche?

Cat bed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My cats' bed won't fit under that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Raise the fridge

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is un-aesthetic, get a bigger cat.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Couldn't you lower the cat?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Buddy, there's nothing aesthetically pleasing about my apartment. The views outside are nice, though.

Cat only goes lower if cat wants to go lower.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That cat has a very unfortunate mustache shape :hitler: :catstare:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, but it's crooked. His name is Beans.

He matches my border collie named Frank.

E:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

PainterofCrap posted:

A really old American Standard thunder jug from the late 30s-early 40s. We had one in our basement.

The tank is tied to the base with a large 90-degree pipe. You could flush a Buick if you had a mind to.

I have now added the term "thunder jug" to my repertoire. Thank you.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E:

I really appreciate that you named your critters Frank 'n' Beans.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E:

We used to have a neighborhood outdoor cat that nobody claimed ownership of who was black and white. My kids named it "Oldey" because it was black and white like old photographs :3:

My handsome little doofus is also black and white. His name is Sailor

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Couldn't you lower the cat?

Females love a sunken cat. Spread some rocks around that.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

canyoneer posted:

We used to have a neighborhood outdoor cat that nobody claimed ownership of who was black and white. My kids named it "Oldey" because it was black and white like old photographs :3:

My handsome little doofus is also black and white. His name is Sailor

I love mop-dogs lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Beans was purely a coincidental match to Frank. Neighbors were trapping strays, asked if I wanted one. He was 6mo~ old at the time, and started mimicking Frank after a few months. They're too drat cute sometimes.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Randomly did a google search for "nice toilets"

Click for source

That site has two piece, one piece, and materials include ceramic, porcelain, and...plastic/acrylic :raise:.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I've been thinking about putting my fridge on a dolly so that it can sit over a floor register.

I acknowledge that this would be thread-appropriate.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Randomly did a google search for "nice toilets"

Click for source

That site has two piece, one piece, and materials include ceramic, porcelain, and...plastic/acrylic :raise:.

A shitter that can double as a Star Citizen ship model.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

"Okay, why- oh, they've got a huge loving baseboard. Why not just saw- Oh, hinge is on that side. Could they not rehang the door? Mine can do that. It would be inconvenient, but that's better than life-threatening."

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Dareon posted:

"Okay, why- oh, they've got a huge loving baseboard. Why not just saw- Oh, hinge is on that side. Could they not rehang the door? Mine can do that. It would be inconvenient, but that's better than life-threatening."

I had assumed that was some kind of radiator, but I live in Texas so I am only barely familiar with the concept.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Maybe it's below ground and that's the concrete slab.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

GreenNight posted:

Maybe it's below ground and that's the concrete slab.

That definitely looks like a formed concrete wall to me, but why :psyduck:? Why have a stem-wall on the outside just minorly above the finished floor level?

ROJO fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 6, 2023

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I assume the answer here is that it’s a rental, the landlord got a cheap replacement that was the wrong shape, and this is exactly as much as they/maintenance gave a gently caress about it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Looks like the inlaw "suite" in a basement.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've been thinking about putting my fridge on a dolly so that it can sit over a floor register.

Move the floor register.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

StormDrain posted:

Move the floor register.

that would end up being even more appropriate for this thread

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

PainterofCrap posted:

A really old American Standard thunder jug from the late 30s-early 40s. We had one in our basement.

The tank is tied to the base with a large 90-degree pipe. You could flush a Buick if you had a mind to.

Useful if Billy The Beef Tallow Boy comes by to deep fry everything in the house. At 2:34 in this video I'm not sure will work:
https://files.catbox.moe/x14gr3.mp4

It was surprisingly difficult to find that bit from Ren & Stimpy. It was either Random Guy On Reddit or Ebaum'sWorld, so random guy it is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I bet it's warm too

It's cold in the fridge so the cold air would go down. That's why the freezer is the warmest part.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I bet it's warm too

Great place to culture your rotten milk into yogurt.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

ROJO posted:

That definitely looks like a formed concrete wall to me, but why :psyduck:? Why have a stem-wall on the outside just minorly above the finished floor level?

It's a concrete foundation upon which walls are built. That kitchenette is in the basement apartment. Interestingly enough, it's not the worst idea for people with back problems. I just could have been done a little nicer.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
If it wasn’t done by a cheap landlord it could have been done with a cabinet style fridge and have a cupboard below and look good. Of course you’d need decent looking cabinets as well.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Nitrox posted:

It's a concrete foundation upon which walls are built. That kitchenette is in the basement apartment. Interestingly enough, it's not the worst idea for people with back problems. I just could have been done a little nicer.

So the basement apartment is just a couple feet below grade? That window sure seems to be above grade based on the light, but I'm not that familiar with basements.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Half basement/daylight basement kind of setup possibly, or on a slope where one side is deeper underground than the other.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

ROJO posted:

So the basement apartment is just a couple feet below grade? That window sure seems to be above grade based on the light, but I'm not that familiar with basements.

No floor needs to be level with the ground outside. Sometimes it's "how far do we need to dig to be below the frost line" and then concrete gets poured.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ROJO posted:

I had an apartment that was four feet below grade. The windowsill was at about 4'3". Felt like living in a bunker. Didn't help that there was a funeral home across the street.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

GreenNight posted:

Saying if you're gonna toilet, do it right.

At that point you might as well be honest with yourself and install a urinal instead of pretending anyone's ever actually gonna sit on that thing. I assume it's wood patterned to hide all the piss stains the owner was too lazy to clean up.

Arrath posted:

or on a slope where one side is deeper underground than the other.
This is essentially how my apartment's built. The building is built into a slope, the bedroom windows are essentially level with the ground and the patio door in the living room directly next to it is too(with some assistance from a retaining wall by the actual patio). It's convenient for keeping things cool in the summer without feeling like you live in an actual basement.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Empty Sandwich posted:

They make things for that.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I'd use one if there was any clearance at all down there. that's why I've been thinking about the dolly to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'd use one if there was any clearance at all down there. that's why I've been thinking about the dolly to begin with

The spare fridge in my garage lives on a furniture dolly, I would not recommend it for day to day use. It definitely moves around when you open/close the doors.