Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I went the other way thanks to the 2020 pandemic & barely drink anymore.

I should he heading to work but Leon: The Professional is on and I'm feeling lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Bill is a great friend to some of these people, highly recommend such a path if you need it

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

It’s weird how easily the daily habit can creep up. I was a social drinker for 20+ years and the isolation of Covid + mid- to late-30s dad interpersonal friendship fade just started turning up the loneliness and boredom. Before I knew it was knocking down 4-5 beers a night without even getting intoxicated, purely as habit.

Had a bit of clarity and decided it’s just not healthy anymore and I wasn’t in control of my relationship with ETOH anymore, so now I’m sober.

It’s insidious how many little tendrils it can finagle into your life. I wish I’d been in control because I do enjoy social drinking but it’s just not for me anymore. :shrug:

I never drank until I was 21, but I was off to the races. By the time I got dragged into detox and rehab, a few months before I was 25, I was drinking a fifth of vodka a day.

March 23, 2009, was one of the toughest days of my life, but God drat am I grateful for my ex-wife and my best friend for getting a civil commitment for an involuntary psych / detox hold filed on me. They saved my life.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I save quite a bit of money each month by having almost completely eliminated my red wine consumption. It helps mitigate the crushing inflation.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wish I could attribute my post-COVID weight gain to increased booze consumption but it's mainly been a lot of stress-related overeating and trying to fix that feels way more daunting because I have always been a very anxious, stressed out person and even therapy and meds haven't quite been able to sort it out for me yet.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

I save quite a bit of money each month by having almost completely eliminated my red wine consumption. It helps mitigate the crushing inflation.

Ain't this the truth. When I first started cutting back significantly this time last year, I had a bunch of extra room in my budget. Now my alcohol budget is still really low - it just goes all into groceries and other day-to-day stuff.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

This is almost all of my patients who struggle with alcohol; all of them are in control until they're not.

And covid just ratcheted EVERYTHING up.

I’m not proud of it and I’m trying to acquire comfort with it and speak as plainly as possible—as much for my benefit as anything.

I never missed work. I wasn’t getting blackout drunk. I was never violent or irresponsible. I was fully functioning and felt in control until I realized I was just on autopilot with it. Stepping back I realized I was shifting responsibilities around to make sure I was available to have a few. Or have a brewery day drinking opportunity.

And sitting a couple months out it’s wild how easily I would handwave those little adjustments in my life that weren’t wholly destructive, but just kind of there and making me less productive, engaged, ambitious, etc.

I haven’t even had cravings since. I just let it sit there and metastasize and my emotional well-being and stress management (or lack thereof) made it easy to ratchet northward on my consumption.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I've been blessed and cursed with terrible asian glow. I've never been able to finish a beer without passing out.

Real glad I got the pass out version and not the severe alcoholism leading to age-30 liver failure version.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Time for another GBS "post itt for a random new username" thread.

I would never trust GBS with this given the history ...

Coco13 posted:

That many bypasses, you should call him the Milwaukee Zoo. (Regional!)

Heyooo!

I've always been conscious of my drinking. My Dad still considers himself a recovering alcoholic and he hasn't had a drink in over 30 years. That has always given me an idea of how quick it can happen and how hard it is to pull out of. Even then there were definitely days where I just said gently caress it and downed a dozen jack and cokes these last few years. It happens, and the fact you have identified it and are working towards a change speaks volumes.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 6, 2023

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Coco13 posted:

That many bypasses, you should call him the Milwaukee Zoo. (Regional!)

:laugh:

Girlfriend working in a bakery fringe benefits: had a delicious and free chocolate croissant for breakfast this morning, just had probably my best grilled cheese to date for lunch with delicious and free sourdough (and aged white sharp cheddar/cheddar Gruyère)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

I've been blessed and cursed with terrible asian glow. I've never been able to finish a beer without passing out.

Real glad I got the pass out version and not the severe alcoholism leading to age-30 liver failure version.

I used to have the cheap date curse of the Asian blood, but apparently if you drink two whisky;s a night for a couple months you overcome it. I'm doing dry January why do you ask?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cross-posting a relevant picture:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I don’t drink. I’ve never liked the taste of any alcohol and it never seemed to affect me the times I did :shrug:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Guess I'll have to pick up the slack for you quitters. Gonna tie one on tonight.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dango Bango posted:

Cross-posting a relevant picture:

Related

https://twitter.com/joegrstdeux/status/1588703927507496960

I gotta cut down a bit. I just like rye too much.

I recently found this distillery and their stuff is great: https://redwoodempirewhiskey.com/

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

fartknocker posted:

I don’t drink. I’ve never liked the taste of any alcohol and it never seemed to affect me the times I did :shrug:
Mostly apathy for me, I like going to bars and parties; but I also see my parents drunk and don't want to act stupid and lose a mental filter when I already can put my foot in my mouth.

Plus now that I'm on HRT, don't want to take anything that can gently caress my liver.

I hate how while the current place I rent from is a good spot in the city I miss my old place; my friend only charged 550$ plus electric, forgoed rent for like 5 months during 2020; and I only had one place to eat out walking distance so I'd walk a mile to get and come back with my grilled chicken sandwich. Also got some nice walking to the Pittsburgh Zoo from there

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 6, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Between Damar Hamlin and Kevin McCarthy getting humiliated, it's been a pretty eventful week.

Classic example of why the oxford comma is good, actually. LOL

Quiet Feet posted:

Is it just me or does it feel like were entering week 3 of this week?

Christ yes. First week back from the holiday break, we've had a straight week of rain, all the poo poo my family's been struggling with is still there and not gone just because we tried to have a decently cheerful xmas, and I'm really feeling it. Last night I was dwelling on the nature of mortality and the futility of making an effort in the face of the crushing entropy of the universe till like 2 AM instead of sleeping. I should be happy that it's Friday but instead I'm just feeling stressed about not getting enough work done this week.

Someone post some good news for christ sake

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm a vacation drinker. I have one on vacation, maybe two, and then I'm done. And for a thicc girl, I'm a lightweight. One drink and I'm sleeeeepy.

SB is not allowed to drink. He had ONE sip of beer in Cabo and then spilled all the rest in my beach bag. He's done. No mas.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

Classic example of why the oxford comma is good, actually. LOL

Christ yes. First week back from the holiday break, we've had a straight week of rain, all the poo poo my family's been struggling with is still there and not gone just because we tried to have a decently cheerful xmas, and I'm really feeling it. Last night I was dwelling on the nature of mortality and the futility of making an effort in the face of the crushing entropy of the universe till like 2 AM instead of sleeping. I should be happy that it's Friday but instead I'm just feeling stressed about not getting enough work done this week.

Ugh, I always use a comma too!

I just had some good soup, sandwich, and chili fries. That's some good news.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not proud of it and I’m trying to acquire comfort with it and speak as plainly as possible—as much for my benefit as anything.

I never missed work. I wasn’t getting blackout drunk. I was never violent or irresponsible. I was fully functioning and felt in control until I realized I was just on autopilot with it. Stepping back I realized I was shifting responsibilities around to make sure I was available to have a few. Or have a brewery day drinking opportunity.

And sitting a couple months out it’s wild how easily I would handwave those little adjustments in my life that weren’t wholly destructive, but just kind of there and making me less productive, engaged, ambitious, etc.

And dude, I'm not blowing smoke or minimizing what you're going through, went through, or have accomplished. Everyone has a different limit and it's admirable that you got to a place you realized you didn't want to be and have made that adjustment. That's huge for anything like this, especially given the field you work in. And I say this as someone who's similarly struggled with it.

But if it's any assurance or consolation or comfort, you weren't as far as you think you were, and you weren't NEARLY as bad as you might think. I don't think you lost control so much as you realized you might be close to doing it and you were able to nip it in the bud.

Working in detox, gently caress. I know you've carried tons of drunk people to sober up, or people having withdrawal seizures, or people who've thrown up so much they've hosed up their electrolytes or whatever. But working with people with AUD for 5-7 days, and taking to them, and getting to know them and their stories and what they've lost....you're nowhere near that.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
i hate working from home (while also recognizing how enormously privileged I was to be able to) and by the end of 2020 I was usually a few bourbons in by lunchtime.

One day I overdid it and had to put in for leave to sleep it off, and I figured that was enough of that poo poo and went back to off the clock drinking.

Since I returned to the office, my evenings I barely notice the liquor shelf there.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

GD_American posted:

i hate working from home (while also recognizing how enormously privileged I was to be able to) and by the end of 2020 I was usually a few bourbons in by lunchtime.

One day I overdid it and had to put in for leave to sleep it off, and I figured that was enough of that poo poo and went back to off the clock drinking.

Since I returned to the office, my evenings I barely notice the liquor shelf there.

Oh man big same. Going into the office has helped out so much compared to early pandemic. Most of the time I go in I might grab a beer during the time I have to wait for the train to get into Union and then have nothing at home. I usually work in office three days a week, but the past two weeks been working solely at home and my intake increased drastically.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nine month sleep regression continues on. I’ve been up for two and a half hours and it’s almost 5 am. The little one is like a wound-up toy as soon as I put her into her crib, it’s absurd.

Somebody in the parenting thread called this stage absolute hell and I’m inclined to agree. It’s why this has felt like three weeks long for me at least :toot:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

It’s weird how easily the daily habit can creep up. I was a social drinker for 20+ years and the isolation of Covid + mid- to late-30s dad interpersonal friendship fade just started turning up the loneliness and boredom. Before I knew it was knocking down 4-5 beers a night without even getting intoxicated, purely as habit.

Had a bit of clarity and decided it’s just not healthy anymore and I wasn’t in control of my relationship with ETOH anymore, so now I’m sober.

It’s insidious how many little tendrils it can finagle into your life. I wish I’d been in control because I do enjoy social drinking but it’s just not for me anymore. :shrug:

It’s wild how differently people react to the same stressors. When the first wave of COVID hit I pretty much gave up drinking entirely. I’ve always been more of a social drinker anyway, but the first night after I had 3 or 4 and woke up the next day to what was still basically hell on earth, I decided the Whisky Psychic Damage Multiplier wasn’t worth it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A beer on Friday night and Saturday is just enough for me. Too much else going on in my life right now to drink much more than that and we're not really social enough to drink a lot with friends (we weren't really pre-COVID either, to be fair). The previous owners of our house actually have a four-seat bar built in next to the kitchen and even left a mini-fridge behind when we bought the place. Our realtor also gave us a cocktail shaker kit and drink recipe book and housewarming gifts, and they've gone completely unused. I wanted to have at least one party with the bar in place before we rip it out but at this point I doubt that happens.

harperdc posted:

Nine month sleep regression continues on. I’ve been up for two and a half hours and it’s almost 5 am. The little one is like a wound-up toy as soon as I put her into her crib, it’s absurd.

Somebody in the parenting thread called this stage absolute hell and I’m inclined to agree. It’s why this has felt like three weeks long for me at least :toot:

Right there with you bud. I'm at least finally making headway on getting our basement in a state where my wife can use it as an office and we can put baby into his own room. If I figure out how to get our guy to sleep through the night again I'll let you know :v:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leperflesh posted:

https://www.startribune.com/2023-is-the-year-minnesota-democrats-unveil-bill-to-legalize-recreational-marijuana/600241007/

The Star Tribune posted:

Democratic legislators on Thursday unveiled their bill to legalize recreational marijuana in Minnesota, setting the stage for months of debate on an issue that could become law this year.
The House set its first public hearing for Jan. 11 in the Commerce committee. The Senate could hold its first hearing in the next two weeks, Port said.
If the bill becomes law, Stephenson said it would "be a matter of months, not years" before Minnesotans 21 and older could legally buy and use marijuana flower and products.
Licensed retailers would be allowed to sell up to two ounces of cannabis flower, eight grams of cannabis concentrate and 800 milligrams worth of edible products per customer.

Minnesotans 21 and older could possess 2 ounces or less of flower in a public space and 5 pounds or less in their home. They also could grow up to eight cannabis plants at home, but no more than four of those could be mature and flowering.

Certain low-level marijuana crimes would be automatically expunged from Minnesotans' records under the proposed bill, while a new special board would review other convictions.

"We cannot legalize cannabis without expungement. This is a racial justice issue," said state Sen. Clare Oumou Verbeten, DFL-St. Paul. "The harm that has been done to communities of color needs to end."

Republicans are against it because someone needs to think of ~the children~, but it's very refreshing to see the MN Dems hit the ground running now that they have control of all three branches of the state government. Assuming all R's will be no votes no matter what, they need full agreement among Dems because the Senate majority is only 1 vote.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I did the lunchtime beer while working thing a few times, and turns out lunchtime beers make me REAL fuckin sleepy when I’m home alone working so yeah we don’t do that now

As a Wisconsinite I will continue drinking beers for those strong enough to choose not to, but I’m gonna try to go back to keeping it to weekends again. Haven’t had a drink all week, been drinking plenty of water (I am TERRIBLE at being hydrated) and eating health conscious meals this week, but that still didn’t stop me from feeling hungover when I woke up this morning :argh:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

And dude, I'm not blowing smoke or minimizing what you're going through, went through, or have accomplished.

But working with people with AUD for 5-7 days, and taking to them, and getting to know them and their stories and what they've lost....you're nowhere near that.

Oh I didn’t take it that way at all and I know I’m not anywhere near that state. I transport those guys all the time.

Just doing a little therapeutic word vomit and trying to add a little to the discussion.

Freaquency posted:

It’s wild how differently people react to the same stressors. When the first wave of COVID hit I pretty much gave up drinking entirely. I’ve always been more of a social drinker anyway, but the first night after I had 3 or 4 and woke up the next day to what was still basically hell on earth, I decided the Whisky Psychic Damage Multiplier wasn’t worth it.

I could see that.

My circumstances weren’t unique by any means but nothing changed for me professionally as an :jerkbag: essential worker :jerkbag: and if anything stress went through the roof, then daycare closed, wife went WFH and I lost all avenues of stress relief and/or disengagement other than like afternoon-evening-night porch beers.

Then as things eased up the habit was set, in addition to the social drinking that came back.

I’m sure I’ll miss it at some point but I clearly hadn’t developed any sort of physiological dependency (thank gently caress) and also the emotional load I was implicitly asking my family to carry wasn’t worth it.

Plus I’m officially starting my CAREER CHANGE education on Monday and I have no room for error here.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 6, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've managed to completely flip my sleep schedule so now I'm awake from like 7:30 AM to 3 AM. It's terrible. I've been able to catch a lunch break nap this week but today I can't since there are some emergency hearings and removal requests for Monday that have to be covered today.

On the plus side I've finally got a psych appointment to evaluate for medication. I've been back in regular therapy for over a year and it's helped a lot but my therapist and others want me to try meds again since my anxiety is still pretty high. I genuinely don't know what its like to live without at least mild to moderate anxiety and meds have never fuy taken it out in my experience but I've only ever tried 2 so who knows. I do know that Ativan did absolutely nothing for me for my severe panic when flying but that was a one time deal. The only snag I run in to is that I have a very firm no-teletherapy boundary and Kaiser admins keeps pushing for teletherapy no matter how many times I tell them it doesn't work for me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I got an instant pot for Christmas.

Give me some weeknight instant pot things I can do because I really need to stop going out to eat

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

My circumstances weren’t unique by any means but nothing changed for me professionally as an :jerkbag: essential worker :jerkbag: and if anything stress went through the roof, then daycare closed, wife went WFH and I lost all avenues of stress relief and/or disengagement other than like afternoon-evening-night porch beers.

Then as things eased up the habit was set, in addition to the social drinking that came back.

I’m sure I’ll miss it at some point but I clearly hadn’t developed any sort of physiological dependency (thank gently caress) and also the emotional load I was implicitly asking my family to carry wasn’t worth it.

Plus I’m officially starting my CAREER CHANGE education on Monday and I have no room for error here.

This was 100% my wife (and by extension me). As an RT she was not only still going into work, but it became her job caring for COVID patients when we had basically no idea what it was and PPE shortages were rampant. Then it became culture war poo poo and she got to deal with half her patients being combative and telling her it was a made up disease as they were being intubated on their way to eventually dying. I was 100% WFH and had her shifts working as my alone time, but she had nothing. She wasn't and still isn't a problem drinker, but she went from three or four beers a week to a drink or three a night (beer and cocktails).

Definitely agree on wanting to have a clear head for back to school. Is it full four years of EE classes, or did you have some carryover to knock out some of the 101 prereqs? Any cool classes this semester?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Give me some weeknight instant pot things I can do because I really need to stop going out to eat

There are so many fancy things to do but make dry beans in like an hour or make rice really quick or do things with veggies is what I mainly use it for after having one for a while.

Which sounds boring but is very convenient.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Go to Costco. Buy big bags of broccoli, asparagus, green beans, Brussel sprouts, etc. and steam them.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 6, 2023

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I like making pot roast in the instant pot. I just sear the meat really well before I let it cook for 60-90 min so you don't end up with weird gray meat. Pretty much anything that normally takes a really long time to make (meaning a long cooking time not prep time) works pretty good in the Instant Pot.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh man this conversation also reminded me of how hard it can be to work cases where alcohol is the issue. Most parents can understand why CPS is concerned when non-weed drugs are invovlved because yeah, smoking a bunch of meth all the time isn't usually considered great even if you don't do it in front of the kids and it does help you clean your house and go to work. There are two that immediately come to mind. I had a client insist that getting so drunk they routinely passed out in the school parking lot after dropping their kids off was fine and that in Europe it was normal to get black out drunk at restaurants with your kids and we needed to be less uptight about alcohol. They were American and never left the US. I also had a couple who insisted that FAS didn't exist and their kids couldn't have it because in Ireland people drink all the time and their kids are fine, which they knew because they spent time there tracing their family roots. Both came from long lines of problematic drinking and abuse so, like a lot of people, they figured that since they had jobs and weren't actively beating their kids when they were drunk it wasn't that bad. Ultimately both ended up getting sober but it took a lot of work to get there, in one case removing was absolutely necessary and our drug treatment court took them on.

Oh I also had a case where one parent was a school bus driver and their UAs routinely came back with ETOH results in the 5 or 6 digits. I also got three parents diagnosed with diabetes due to weird ETOH results on their UAs too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I like to make lentils. Get some smoked pork of some kind, the classic thing is hamhocks but those aren't always easily available, you can do a ham bone, or even just chop some bacon or a couple of anduille sausages.
Rinse your lentils and use a colander or strainer to sift through them a little and check for little rocks. It's rare but occasionally a rock the same size as a lentil sneaks in and you don't wanna bite it.
Put the instant pot on "sautee" and sautee some onion, carrot, and bell pepper in a little oil. Then add chicken or vegetable stock and green lentils in a 2.5 to 1 ratio - I'm usually doing one or two cups of lentils, so 2.5 or 5 cups of stock. Add the hamhocks and a bay leaf or two. You can add seasoning as well but my stock is already seasoned. Put on the lid, put it to pressure cook for around 8 minutes. Do a natural release for 5 to 10 minutes and then release the steam, open her up. Pull out the hocks and pull the meat off the bone and chop it if needed and stir it back into the lentils.

Adjustments: you can add more liquid for a more "soupy" result. You can pressure for 9 minutes for more well-done lentils, which will mush more. You can do a slightly faster or slower release. You can add different veg. Definitely try adding hot peppers, my wife doesn't like spicy food but I do.

You can use the same recipe for red or yellow lentils but you may need to adjust cook times. Red lentils are actually the core of a green lentil, they cook to a more mushy texture much faster so you only pressure cook for about 4 minutes and you may need to adjust liquid times.

Regardless, total elapsed time from start to finish is under 30 minutes and if you make 2 cups of lentils you'll have leftovers for a couple of days.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Don’t feel like wandering into the politics forum to ask this but: if he’s elected Speaker can McCarthy just choose to not honor all the concessions he made to the freedom caucus nut jobs? Why do people think that won’t happen?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I make a killer beef stroganoff in the Instant Pot. It's also great for soups, pot roasts, lemon chicken, red beans and rice, things of that nature.

Also, for the price of a half-gallon of whole milk, you can make eight cups of yogurt in like four steps.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Thanks all! I already had a lady in her 90s tell me to go gently caress myself because I asked which finger she wanted a pulse ox on :3:

E: and holy gently caress do I need to come up with a less lovely username.

Paramedic Arg
Dr Feelgood
House Speaker
Cinnamon Bear
The TFF Avenger

Whether these are less lovely or more is purely your opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kinda makes sense for a paramedic to be named AAAARRRRGGG. I imagine you hear it a lot.