Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Gladi posted:

What kind of animals are those supposed to be? Some long eared pigs?

Aardvarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Reminder that Peterson got hooked on Benzos and, instead of personal responsibility, he traveled outside the country to be medically induced into a coma to get through the withdrawals.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Reminder that Peterson got hooked on Benzos and, instead of personal responsibility, he traveled outside the country to be medically induced into a coma to get through the withdrawals.

"Personal responsibility for thee, not for me."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

You have to mention he was self-medicating with benzos because he was having panic attacks after cheating on his all meat diet by having a glass of apple cider.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

rodbeard posted:

You have to mention he was self-medicating with benzos because he was having panic attacks after cheating on his all meat diet by having a glass of apple cider.
You have to mention his "all meat diet" was just beef and water.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

WATER IS NOT MEAT! Real alpha males are actually willing to discuss their feelings, and don't actually have issue with working with women because they don't feel that they have to live up to some toxic masculinity mindset drink only animal stock!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

5/1
US reaps the interests of its allies by Cai Meng

6/1

China in the eyes of the US by Luo Jie

Le Monde

5/1

by Stellina from Taiwan

Benoît XVI : les funérailles du pape qui ne voulait plus l’être/Benedict XVI: The Funeral of the Pope who no longer wanted to be Pope by Paolo Lombardi from Italy

Charlie Hebdo

Shocked by Charlie Hebdo Khamenie restores his image
"Soon I'll be just like any other Iranian."

Sex reveals past traumas
"No whips, I've given too many of them in the past."
This accompanies an article on the sexual liberation seen as inherent to the protests in Iran. I can spoiler it, but seeing as there was no actual nudity I didn't.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Is Petterson the mythical goon from E/N that only ate aged raw meat. Though that guy was married...

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Really, he could have gone over to our own Bad Food Thread in PYF for delicious meat beverage recipes like the ever-popular and refreshing Beef Fizz.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And now for your viewing pleasure:

quote:

International contest #MullahsGetOut : Every participant won a place in hell

On 8 December 2022, we launched a competition to produce caricatures of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Supreme Leader. Our intention was to support the Iranians’ fight for freedom by ridiculing their religious leader from another age, thus consigning him to historical oblivion. A few weeks later, after receiving more than 300 cartoons (as well as thousands of threats), here is our selection of winners.

This is was already in English. Clearly they want to get the word out. Call me naive but I didn't think it would amount to anything but it did in fact result in Iran lashing out against France and closing down a French cultural institution in Iran, so more power to CH I guess. To their credit the French government is clearly in support of the freedom of the press. Not everyone's location was written, I'm translating what was given.

1. Ghib

2. Aïcha :nws: Naked woman with implied splayed genitals

3. Aïcha

"Is it me or does it smell like feet?"

4. Ghalamfarsa from Iran

5. Mohesn I. an Iranian living in Sweden

6. Ebrahim an Iranian refugee in Turkey

7. Arash D.

8. Shéèd from Iran

9. Unknown

10. Reza J. from California

11. MW from the Netherlands

12. Ivan

13. Espé a BD graphic novel artist from France

14. Toudür E.

Iran: Liberalizing social mores, Khamenei poses for the Pirelli Calendar

15. Sanaz B an Iranian living in the Netherlands

16. Reza J. from California

17. Mim L.

18. Jean-Marie B. from France :nws: Naked women

19. Ivan

20. Del Rosso from Italy

21. James from the UK

22. Nestor R.

Type of Mullah

23. Lebecq from Senegal

The beach under the turban!

24. IO

25. Unknown

26. Gundaz A.

27. LP from Italy

28. MW from the Netherlands

29. Kianoush an Iranian refugee in France

30. Mahsa

31. a_line_in_the_sand

32. Toukah N. an Iranian-Canadian

33. Shéèd from Iran

Polygamy in Iran

34. Shéèd from Iran

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the king’s reaction to Prince Harry’s book – Harry’s highly anticipated autobiography, Spare, will be published worldwide next week but revelatory leaks and extracts have already surfaced"

Telegraph:

Labour leader pledges 'Take Back Control' bill to devolve power out of Westminster

Matt:

Independent:

Keir Starmer to promise ‘decade of national renewal’ in first speech of 2023

Times:

"The Times view on Keir Starmer’s speech: Blair Necessities"

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry saw ‘the red mist’ in brother William during alleged physical confrontation

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

C'mon, Steve, "trying to install a speaker" was right there.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Someone had to have THE WORST take on the congress chair debacle, and of course it would be Garish McCoy.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
is this the first "those clowns in congress" of the new year?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

'Very unpredictable, severe event' as WA's Kimberley region smashed by once-in-a-century floods (SBS).

Rowe:

Lethbridge:

Leak, Son of Leak:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

World Famous W posted:

Seems to be, and an absolute banger of a take for Payne to call the Senate clowns while the House takes a 14th vote on whether McCarthy will be speaker or not

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

World Famous W posted:

No (but that was the first "those clowns in senate" cartoon).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We can always tell the donkeys who were born as males because of the leg hair

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm assuming this is "a thing happened" comic where a fight broke out at a garden party or something but as someone who doesn't have that context i appreciate its message of "punch a royal"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i'm assuming this is "a thing happened" comic where a fight broke out at a garden party or something but as someone who doesn't have that context i appreciate its message of "punch a royal"

I'm assuming it's related to prince Harry bragging that he killed 25 people who were 'chess pieces'.

e: Harry accuses William of physically attacking him, could be either really. I wouldn't approach any of them.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 6, 2023

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Nenonen posted:

e: Harry accuses William of physically attacking him, could be either really. I wouldn't approach any of them.
That specific incident is in Brookes' Times cartoon with the broken dog bowl with Corbyn as Harry and Starmer as William. And I assume it's that because Harry isn't going to be invited the the Royal Garden party any time soon.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBTQ), Worst Overall. Congratulations McCoy, you overperformed by making it two cartoons into 2023 before bagging your first nominations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
The actual Biden Laptop thing, from memory, in case anyone hasn't been paying attention and basically correctly assumed it's a nothingburger:

Dude's laptop was hacked illegally, the computer repair shop is a cover. The damning information was a whole bunch of him making money through nepotism and the drug addiction, the one thing he did illegally was buy a gun under false pretenses, and they couldn't find a direct link to the thing they actually want to prove here (that he used daddy's direct influence as VP for profit). It's pretty much Benghazi 2.0, if after the House Intelligence Committee report they decided to double down and just keep making poo poo up anyway instead of blacking it out.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
This thread is neat

https://twitter.com/fakehistoryhunt/status/1611518151434579968

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

The comic strip thread down in BSS has, among other things, explored and discuss the entire True oeuvre, along with many other similarly cool old comic strips.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Everett True pops back up in this thread every few years. Maybe the annual awards should haves been called the Outbursties.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A complication is iirc he's anti-union.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Everett True is everything I aspire to be. I at least have the fat and angry part down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

A complication is iirc he's anti-union.

I don’t recall that; he’s often hard on bosses who don’t do well be their workers (but also hard on workers who shirk).

What really knocks him off the pedestal is when World War I starts and he goes full “how dare you sully our good boys fighting Over There by daring to question anything about the war”

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

skeleton warrior posted:

I don’t recall that; he’s often hard on bosses who don’t do well be their workers (but also hard on workers who shirk).

What really knocks him off the pedestal is when World War I starts and he goes full “how dare you sully our good boys fighting Over There by daring to question anything about the war”

Ah, right you are, I'd misremembered the issue, I think. I had to quit the comic strips thread because there's so much, and it's so, so good, that I would lose way too much time keeping up with it. One of the best threads on SA; hundreds and hundreds of dense effort-filled pages a year.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 7, 2023

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Huh, a joke. Haven't seen one of these for a while...

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Welcome, Monsieur, sit yourself down
And meet the best House member in town
As for the rest, all of 'em crooks
Taking their naps and reading their books
Seldom do you see
Honest men like me
A gent of good intent
Who's content to be

Jeff Stahler

Doling out the charm
Ready with the flop-sweat and a greasy palm
Tries for what he can, sees what he can keep
House members appreciate a spineless creep

Glad to do a friend a favor, though it costs him to be nice
'Cuz nothing gets you nothing: everything has got a little price

Clay Bennett

Speaker of the House, keeper of the zoo
Though any one of them can now vote him out too
Everything's for sale, reasonable rates
Swallowing his bile to shake hands with Gaetz
Everybody loves the Speaker
Everybody's bosom friend

They do whatever pleases
Jesus! Won't they bleed him in the end

John Deering

Speaker of the House, quick to call a vote
Making quite a hash of things that should be rote
Scorner of the poor, toady to the great
Think he'll serve a term or will he abdicate?
Everybody's boon companion
Everybody raise your beer!

But if he stops a shutdown
Jesus! He'll be right out on his ear

Ann Telnaes

Enter Monsieur, hand me your vote
I'll kneel on the floor and show you my throat
Please help me out, my life's in your hands
I accept no matter what your demands

Here his goose is cooked
Here his fat is fried
And nothing's overlooked
Till they're satisfied

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lol

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Steve Breen

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Welcome, Monsieur, sit yourself down
And meet the best House member in town
As for the rest, all of 'em crooks
Taking their naps and reading their books
Seldom do you see
Honest men like me
A gent of good intent
Who's content to be

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

O my god what the gently caress even is this.