Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fish are always an acceptable breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Beardcrumb posted:

My guy, crack a few eggs into a cast iron full of Chili, put that poo poo in the oven, and make a Mexican inspired shakshuka. Serve with toast. It is absolutely breakfast food.

no idea why I haven't done this before. gonna get on that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Beardcrumb posted:

My guy, crack a few eggs into a cast iron full of Chili, put that poo poo in the oven, and make a Mexican inspired shakshuka. Serve with toast. It is absolutely breakfast food.

That's a good idea, I'll have to try that. I've had some kind of shakshuka for dinner :ssh: and thought it was tasty, a chili base would be a neat twist.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Gtfo with chili meal time gate keeping. Cowboys ate twice a day and one of these was just leftovers. If there's a time you can't eat chili it's lunch.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I mean, if you toss in some ground beef shakshuka is basically a chili anyways. Not 1/1 obviously, but close enough for government work.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Robobot posted:

I mean, if you toss in some ground beef shakshuka is basically a chili anyways. Not 1/1 obviously, but close enough for government work.

A sad, beanless chili, sure.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I put chorizo in chili when I recently made it and I can’t imagine doing another chili without using chorizo, thank you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I put chorizo in chili when I recently made it and I can’t imagine doing another chili without using chorizo, thank you.

yeah what chili needs is more grease

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
thinkin about beans

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

hawowanlawow posted:

Soyrizo is your friend, my friend

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Captain Hygiene posted:

Cinnamon rolls = breakfast
Chili = not breakfast

It's not difficult.

Someone has never worked night shift I see. Concepts of what food is appropriate to eat at certain times kind of breaks down after a while.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

that's right.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

First of May posted:

I'm curly?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

First of May posted:

Of all the soy meats I’ve tried, Soyrizo was probably the best. Still sucked though.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

One time I made chili with ground turkey and chickpeas

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zero_Grade posted:

:frogout:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Zero_Grade posted:

With some adjustment of the spices that could pass for a turkey curry.

On that note, what would it take to get a curry chilli.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kyte posted:

Add ground beef?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikI1YYNKVWo

love thewolfepit

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

some chickpeas in chili is fine, especially a veggie chili where it could use a little texture. just chickpeas feels like a different dish to me.

also chili is absolutely just tex-mex curry. curry just means "stew-like dish with a bunch of spices the English don't understand"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Kyte posted:

My friend makes curry sloppy joes

Divine [when stoned]

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

more falafel please posted:

also chili is absolutely just tex-mex curry. curry just means "stew-like dish with a bunch of spices the English don't understand"

I’m pretty sure it was in a past iteration of this very thread that we established that chili is indeed American curry, and that’s how I’ve preferred to view it since

I once had a chili with shredded turkey instead of ground; not sure how many would qualify it as “real” chili since everyone loves to get all militant about it, but in any case it was pretty gently caress’n good. Shredded meat (beef, pulled pork) seems like a perfect fit for chili

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I’m pretty sure it was in a past iteration of this very thread that we established that chili is indeed American curry, and that’s how I’ve preferred to view it since

I once had a chili with shredded turkey instead of ground; not sure how many would qualify it as “real” chili since everyone loves to get all militant about it, but in any case it was pretty gently caress’n good. Shredded meat (beef, pulled pork) seems like a perfect fit for chili

I'd say it would be weird instead of, but I think it would own in addition to. still a weird but valid chili, just like when people put beans in it

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Does your dish have chilis in it? Does it have cumin? Then you got yourself a chili regardless of other ingredients.

Even if it’s just a chicken breast on rice.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Campbell's cream of mushroom soup is the ideal chili

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Manager Hoyden posted:

:mods:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Brawnfire posted:

My friend makes curry sloppy joes

Divine [when stoned]

White Castle currently is doing 3? diff Sloppy Joes and part of me wants to try them but part of me is afraid.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Manager Hoyden posted:

You must be from the midwest

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Robobot posted:

Does your dish have chilis in it? Does it have cumin? Then you got yourself a chili regardless of other ingredients.

Even if it’s just a chicken breast on rice.
Buddy when I'm cooking you better believe it all has got cumin.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Speaking of curry, that stuff is just hosed up Campbell's cream of mushroom soup by people who can't figure out how to make it (can opener plus milk, it's not hard you dolts)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Manager Hoyden posted:

Speaking of curry, that stuff is just hosed up Campbell's cream of mushroom soup by people who can't figure out how to make it (can opener plus milk, it's not hard you dolts)

what kind of hosed up curry have you been eating?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they belong here, unfortunately

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Manager Hoyden posted:

I got banned from a "simple questions" reddit for asking where to get a can of water to make my soup. :(

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

I got banned from a "simple questions" reddit for asking where to get a can of water to make my soup. :(

Deserved, it's a stupid question. Water comes in bottles.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Deserved, it's a stupid question. Water comes in bottles.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Smores burger

slop:
https://v.redd.it/a43m2sj4c5aa1/DASH_1080.mp4

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Jan 7, 2023

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

zedprime posted:

Buddy when I'm cooking you better believe it all has got cumin.

Cumin and cum in are 2 entirely different things.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if i'm cooking chili for you ya better really like cumin because i'm putting extra in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
But it doesn't even sound the same. What a poor joke/pun.