Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Honestly him and Jaylen were both mediocre. The offense was much more open with fast passing and generating open looks for everyone which is a decent sign that they might be Back. The last month or so, even the wins, stank of the Bad Times when every game was bad vibes heroball.

yah i know i was doing a bad magic impression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

honestly id rather see them win with tatum and brown looking off and everyone else showing up, than the other way around

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
does AG have pepperoni tattooed on his shoulder

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

clippers 22% from the field and 5% from three againt denver haha ouch

cruising for a second straight sub-twenty point quarter

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol PG3 and Kawhi are 3-16. Humiliating

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

gently caress I'm mad as hell that Lauri came one point shy of 50. I want there to be 100 50 point games this year

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

the nuggets don’t need points per game

they need negative points per game from the other team. those two hurt guys aren’t going to help that at all and will at best offer marginal increases over the guys they are replacing

checking in on this

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

the west is so bad “going far “ doesn’t mean much unless you analyze the matchups .

also I will watch Denver games . jokic has in the past played better defense but I think he’s already past his prime and close to being cooked . we will see

did you watch the games

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euph has seen the light there is no need to keep digging these up. he is an enlightened scholar

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

did you watch the games

You know the answer to this one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

euph has seen the light there is no need to keep digging these up. he is an enlightened scholar

:namaste:

thank you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did watch Jokic. Two things pop off the screen. How tall he is! There are not many people taller than him. The other things is that he passes! Put those two together (tall + pass) and you get the MVP, the JOKIC, the everything.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://on.soundcloud.com/b1gJ3

for the Celtics fans

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1611490568265420800

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

often i see glimmers of euph's ideas

in a many interpretations of Regular Season MVP, his team needs to be first or second place in the conference

but he also scores forty points and fifteen rebounds really really often, just like euph's preferred candidate

i'm not sure myself if having a tall efficient point guard is as valuable as a traditional big that can stop the clock making three point plays three feet from the basket,

the two things i hate most are when my team turns the ball over and when they miss free throws: the two most valuable players rarely ever do those things i hate

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

today i think i will watch the sixer game, embiid is out and i want to see how philly's plan b measures to BONES

mvp debates always make reference to on/off number but i feel that's flawed? i need to watch more games

TDepressionEarl fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 7, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i think that guy just hates big beautiful yougoslavs

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

I can't be the only one who thinks if the balkans wanted to they could put together a basketball team and dominate the NBA.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Patrick Williams has started in 37 games this season? I really haven't been watching enough games

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Sixers embracing five-out Harden isolation ball, working pretty well, but the Bulls haven't yet gone full throttle on their Vučević+LaVine size advantage

out of respect for yugoslavia i am learning where my diacritical keys are located. Vučević is Swiss-born Belgian???? ah family moved in 92. got it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the three guard lineup has been sick. Melton is so good

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Melton has had something like 16 consecutive games with 2 or more 3s

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Harden works best when he stops trying to make shots and focuses on passing and foul baiting, which are his top remaining skills

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

some of these sixer defensive switches are quite stifling, on ball bulls players are getting doubled but not finding the open man

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the nba app is my enemy.

i also like three guard principles, i wish the warriors would do that more often late in games with Donte DiVincenzo as point guard and Klay + Poole off ball shooting guards

in fact i think the biggest knock on valuable bigs is that they get burned by three guard spacing

montrezl! love a good chargefoul-stop into offensive board two on the other end.

vuč, zach, and demar catching up now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jokic is basically the sci fi combination of John Stockton and manure bol

there are two important things in basketball. I used to think there was one : being tall. but people in this thread have shown me a second criteria: passing . and now like the good hegelians we are; we combine the two ideas into one synthesis. we take tall and we take pass and jane them together and get tallpass.

“tallpass” in Serbian is coincidentally: Jokic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Harden works best when he stops trying to make shots and focuses on passing and foul baiting, which are his top remaining skills

he can also get step back threes off pretty well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is the best harden has played as a sixer

he looks like he’s got a few years left when he plays like this

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

sixers really suffer when they don't get free throws, sixers had the calls in the first but bulls had the favored whistle in the second.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sixers haven’t got good calls from the refs in over 5 years. once harden got here the refs have been on a holy crusade against the sixers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe Paul Reed should play idk

I’m not an nba coach

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TDepressionEarl posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks if the balkans wanted to they could put together a basketball team and dominate the NBA.

yugoslavia had to be destroyed before they developed the institutions to dominate olympic basketball for a generation

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

brass darude sandstorm owns

https://whyy.org/articles/philadelphia-brass-band-snacktime-releases-first-album/

https://snacktimephilly.com/

TDepressionEarl fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 7, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

luka and jokic would be the best ever !!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

jokic is basically the sci fi combination of John Stockton and manure bol

there are two important things in basketball. I used to think there was one : being tall. but people in this thread have shown me a second criteria: passing . and now like the good hegelians we are; we combine the two ideas into one synthesis. we take tall and we take pass and jane them together and get tallpass.

“tallpass” in Serbian is coincidentally: Jokic

have you watched a nuggets game in the last two years

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

sixers haven’t got good calls from the refs in over 5 years. once harden got here the refs have been on a holy crusade against the sixers

lmao wahhh wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes how else would I know how tall
he is and how much he passes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pascal siakem swing his arm into embiids face on purpose, breaking Joel’s face, and the refs called a foul on Joe

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the referee has confused his own left and right arms again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

luka and jokic would be the best ever !!

Luka, Jokic, two switchable perimeter guys who can guard 1-4 and catch lobs and hit open threes, and a Bam/JJJ type would be a sick team