Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

frytechnician posted:

This ad campaign we had for Resi 1 in the UK was loving nuts too.

oh it's like "Gone Home"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I played an On-Line Multi-Player First Person Shooting game today and when our team failed to capture the objective, somebody kept going on about santanoobs in the chat, which is a phrase I've never heard before, but he kept using it like it was a very common thing that everybody knew about.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I assume that's referring to the phenomenon where there's a bunch of new players online starting from Christmas? I've never heard that specific term before though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I did my first gaming sesh of the year today :unsmith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

it makes me think of the fresh sound of carlos santana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9XXeznskQ4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does the person complaining about noobs ever wonder why they're being matched exclusively with noobs

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Help Im Alive posted:

Does the person complaining about noobs ever wonder why they're being matched exclusively with noobs

i dunno ill go ask my irl friend who made 4 dota accounts to get to his "true rank"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Whenever I've played league there was always some dumbass on my team who would constantly feed and not know what they were doing. Its scarred me so much, still see them whenever I turn off my monitor

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell yeah, feeder 4 life

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FirstAidKite posted:

It's kind of impressive how bad his art has gotten. Started off bad, eventually became good, and now it's just this sad mess.

Yeah I don't understand how his art somehow evolved into it being worse. I really don't like how the comic looks now.

I think the height of how Penny Arcade looked was around the mid 2000s. When it looked like this (incidentally this is also my favorite PA comic):

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh poo poo, that one’s actually funny

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I don't understand how his art somehow evolved into it being worse.

Is there a term for the artistic equivalent of carcinisation?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Move update, I was trying to redownload Baldur's Gate 3 (I had uninstalled it previously), and would download 60GB, then fail with "Corrupted Download". This happened on multiple drives, so it's something in Steam that was busted not a HD error likely).

Did research and it said to uninstall and reinstall Steam.

Then watched in horror as it uninstalled MY STEAM LIBRARY TOO.

Oh, this is literally 12 hours before the computer gets shut down, and won't have reliable internet for 1-2 weeks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

SirFozzie posted:

Move update, I was trying to redownload Baldur's Gate 3 (I had uninstalled it previously), and would download 60GB, then fail with "Corrupted Download". This happened on multiple drives, so it's something in Steam that was busted not a HD error likely).

Did research and it said to uninstall and reinstall Steam.

Then watched in horror as it uninstalled MY STEAM LIBRARY TOO.

Oh, this is literally 12 hours before the computer gets shut down, and won't have reliable internet for 1-2 weeks.

should've followed don mattrick's advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I don't understand how his art somehow evolved into it being worse. I really don't like how the comic looks now.

I think the height of how Penny Arcade looked was around the mid 2000s. When it looked like this (incidentally this is also my favorite PA comic):

Yeah the red noses was when the art started to get bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought at this point Penny Arcade comics were outsourced to contractors or whatever

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
FUEL has one of the better GPS arrow overlay things I've seen. Looks especially nice in motion.

And you can toggle it with a single button.

The game feels ahead of its time in a number of ways. I didn't realize it was made by Asobo, the studio behind Flight Simulator and the ill fated Xbox One "Cloud" Crackdown (and A Plague Tale).

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I'm about 4-5 hours into Tunic and while it's lovely to look at, it's not doing much for me. I get the impression that the game opens up in some way later on. Is that after several more hours of the game like it is now or does it start sooner?

I just fought a boss, rang the second bell,
and got an ice magic attack.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

FUEL has one of the better GPS arrow overlay things I've seen. Looks especially nice in motion.

The best one is in King's Field/2 JP where the compass is a ball that rotates and has N E S W written on it. It's the best because every time you go eastward the orb looks like it says "SEX" and it makes me chuckle.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
https://i.imgur.com/ZEYdpsK.mp4

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

my dad called me today he said "hey kcb do you know anything about final fantasy 7?" i was like "yea i know about it" and dad says "the main character cloud striffe. you know about them?"

me - "yup"

dad - "so they're a girl. so cloud's a girl?"

me - "no dad"

dad - "i was looking at my old magazine covers here and you know how i like to look at them i'm getting them organized down here and he's dressed as a girl on them"

me - "no dad thats for a mission where he has to cross dress"

dad - "OH i see i knew if anyone knew it was gonna be you. i was just really confused there."

and then he said he had to go to get dinner and said bye

the only final fantasy i ever played was crstal chronicles

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

my dad called me today he said "hey kcb do you know anything about final fantasy 7?" i was like "yea i know about it" and dad says "the main character cloud striffe. you know about them?"

me - "yup"

dad - "so they're a girl. so cloud's a girl?"

me - "no dad"

dad - "i was looking at my old magazine covers here and you know how i like to look at them i'm getting them organized down here and he's dressed as a girl on them"

me - "no dad thats for a mission where he has to cross dress"

dad - "OH i see i knew if anyone knew it was gonna be you. i was just really confused there."

and then he said he had to go to get dinner and said bye

the only final fantasy i ever played was crstal chronicles

owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Your dad rules :allears:

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Your dad rules :allears:

my dad is pretty fuckin cool

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
In other news, Adam Sessler losing his marbles again

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/1611478639559991296%5C
Oh he’s just mad at gamers thought he did a racism or something

E: he deleted it lol here’s a screencap’

hatty fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 7, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Following that back I learned that many people seem to believe the Magfest Kotaku dunk was a pro-gg dogwhistle which lmao

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Seeing the Kotaku dunk without any other context, that's exactly what it looks like to me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, like I said, their actual explanation of "We were mad for an entire year that Kotaku printed one sentence criticizing how we handled Covid protocols" doesn't really make them look better

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dunking on kotaku should be reclaimed from the fascists and normalized

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

Dunking on kotaku should be reclaimed from the fascists and normalized
unfortunately the anger at kotaku on social media is usually anger at "wokeness" rather than the legitimately lovely things kotaku has done

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

Seeing the Kotaku dunk without any other context, that's exactly what it looks like to me.

Why? I don’t understand how that’s the first place anyone’s mind goes. It is 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, like I said, their actual explanation of "We were mad for an entire year that Kotaku printed one sentence criticizing how we handled Covid protocols" doesn't really make them look better

I dunno why they said it was a sentence because I went back and read the original article and it’s the whole thing. It’s also ridiculously scoldy and holier-than-thou. I get why it would annoy someone https://kotaku.com/magfest-discloses-dozens-of-covid-exposures-including-1848355840

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yikes an accurate article with an annoying authorial voice. That is definitely a sign of the absence of journalistic integrity

rox
Sep 7, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

oh it's like "Gone Home"

"sweet home" actually :D

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
It's mostly funny to me because Sessler posts this

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/1611049806516072448

basically trying to bigleague them, meanwhile to most people Adam Sessler is just 'that dweeb from X-Play,' a show which I recently discovered didn't even really have the hosts play the games they reviewed. Instead, they just had interns write everything pretty much uncredited and you apparently had to 'earn' the right to play and write about the actual good games.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

they can slap this on ratchet and clank

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Yikes an accurate article with an annoying authorial voice. That is definitely a sign of the absence of journalistic integrity

Kotaku is owned by G/O Media so it’s impossible for it to have any journalistic integrity. That whole company now is just getting all its sites to poo poo out weak-rear end outrage articles over nothingburgers. That article is exactly like ones modern AV Club runs constantly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

mogfest sounds better tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BDQVdFZCpI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Can you get Kupoberry Cheesecake at MAGFest...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Kotaku is owned by G/O Media so it’s impossible for it to have any journalistic integrity. That whole company now is just getting all its sites to poo poo out weak-rear end outrage articles over nothingburgers. That article is exactly like ones modern AV Club runs constantly.

I can’t believe I even used to visit the AV Club at this point. It was once actually good.