Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/VB6jJia.mp4

I like how Optimus Prime is just watching this poo poo going down.

it looks like they actually completely saved that once it straightened out, but kept panic-braking, which let the back kick out again, and flung em into the curb

all they had to do was let the car continue rolling forward after that first rotation

edit: actually it looks like they'd thrown it in reverse while it was going backwards, which was clean as gently caress and helped them not slap into the pickup, and the shift back into drive is what lost it, i wonder if they threw it into low gear on accident, or reflexively hit brake as they shifted back? that's annoying you can't see the taillights in those few moments

then it looks like they throw it into reverse again wayyy too early once it starts to spin the other direction, which didn't help but i don't think it was saveable after the second spin starts either

e2: ya i think they mis-shifted into low coming out of reverse, and then mis-shifted back into reverse while trying to get it into drive because the light doesn't stay on the second time

going into reverse the first time was a good save tho either way, better to hit a curb than a truck

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
cant edit in attachments sry for double post but yeah pretty sure they're in reverse as the second spin starts & hosed it up before that by throwing it into lower gear on accident because they definitely are decelerating faster once the car is going going straight, but no sign of ABS activation in any of the wheels + right before it starts to slow and slide out the second time, you can see their arm slapping down hard on the column-shifter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

FirstnameLastname posted:

cant edit in attachments sry for double post but yeah pretty sure they're in reverse as the second spin starts & hosed it up before that by throwing it into lower gear on accident because they definitely are decelerating faster once the car is going going straight, but no sign of ABS activation in any of the wheels + right before it starts to slow and slide out the second time, you can see their arm slapping down hard on the column-shifter

Thanks for the hard work NCIS, now we have what we need to put that driver away for good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

One of the few Car Talk puzzlers I remember went something like:

A guy is driving on the highway and Something Happens. He didn't hit anything in the road or the air, no other vehicles were involved, and nothing happened to the engine or tires. He takes the car to a shop and it's immediately written off as totaled with no inspection. What happened?

And the answer is that the hood flipped up at highway speeds and folded in the A pillars.

Fortunately not that bad (cracked but didn't shatter) but I couldn't see poo poo.

But I will always be proud that the highway patrol guy looked at it and said "most people just smash into the central barrier or lose control completely when this happens, nice one".

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell of a divorce settlement

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

ethanol posted:

i had a coworker be the bucket and go through the glass once. (he fell forward somehow while trying to get out) you would think they would make that so if a human fell into it it wouldnt shatter and land them in the hospital but there you go

That reminded me of one of the most heartbreaking and horrifying farm accidents I've heard about. It involved a 5 year old and a windshield busting out.

"Brooklyn was five and was riding in the combine with her dad last Wednesday, as he cut beans. Reports are mixed, saying that she was either leaning against or sleeping against the windshield. They hit a bump. The windshield shattered. The little girl fell from the combine, onto the header, and was killed."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

SimonSays posted:

Thanks for the hard work NCIS, now we have what we need to put that driver away for good.

It can’t be in reverse, that would mean they were sliding uphill

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When we were bored working nights at KFC in high school we would batter up our hands with a bunch of flour and water and then stick em in the fryer and then we'd have slap fights with the fried dough hands.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

ack!

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

As someone with severe acrophobia, I could hardly make it through this video, even if it's just an animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RPP9Sma3UI

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Aaaaaahahahahaha mother of God I love it! Just how in the gently caress did everyone not die in the 20th century is beyond me...

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

mycomancy posted:

Aaaaaahahahahaha mother of God I love it! Just how in the gently caress did everyone not die in the 20th century is beyond me...

:confused: they did? that's why we're all in the hellworld now

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mycomancy posted:

I didn't start smoking until 1998.

At least there are still nonfilters.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I didn't start smoking until 1998.

At least there are still nonfilters.

I tried unfiltered a few times but didn't care for them, particularly the flakes of tobacco getting in my mouth. I liked rolling my own with Dutch shag a lot better.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/HxXjYgs.mp4

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pham Nuwen posted:

I tried unfiltered a few times but didn't care for them, particularly the flakes of tobacco getting in my mouth. I liked rolling my own with Dutch shag a lot better.

Avoid the stubby nonfilters like Camels. Pall Malls tend to be fresher (depending on when last stocked). Fresher nonfilters don't shed as much. Also pack both ends.

They run about $3 more a pack than filtered Pall Malls so I tend to buy 100s and rip the filter off, but I spoil myself with proper nonfilters a few times a month.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I often have dreams where I do this dumb poo poo. Driving really stresses me out and I have agoraphobia so I'm trying to find a way out of a situation even if it's irrational and self-destructive even in my dreams, I guess.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Apparently it can and hold the weight of a crane up with it.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

mycomancy posted:

The Jam had it right in 1979 with Saturday's Kids:

Paul Weller before he became a dick posted:

Their mums and dads smoke Capstan non filters,
Wallpaper lives 'cause they all die of cancer

It apparently just took the rest of the world another 15 years to get the message.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Avoid the stubby nonfilters like Camels. Pall Malls tend to be fresher (depending on when last stocked). Fresher nonfilters don't shed as much. Also pack both ends.

They run about $3 more a pack than filtered Pall Malls so I tend to buy 100s and rip the filter off, but I spoil myself with proper nonfilters a few times a month.

Basic Non-filter. Not unfiltered, Non-filtered. Cheap, strong, sweet and stinky. Stick 'em in a 250°F toaster oven for five minutes, then back in the pack. Mellows the taste nicely.

Gauloises Caporals were loving great. Like smoking a cup of espresso.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

sigher posted:

Apparently it can and hold the weight of a crane up with it.
I hear the houses in this situation survive until the crane is removed, so when this happens, they keep the crane there until the house's loved ones can get there and say goodbye, then they remove the crane.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

madeintaipei posted:

Basic Non-filter. Not unfiltered, Non-filtered. Cheap, strong, sweet and stinky. Stick 'em in a 250°F toaster oven for five minutes, then back in the pack. Mellows the taste nicely.

Gauloises Caporals were loving great. Like smoking a cup of espresso.

I smoked Basics for a while. Also Dorals. Smoked Camels for about a year while I was deployed. I kept circling back to Pall Malls. Fresher, higher moisture content that's somewhere between Camels and pipe tobacco, burn longer. They have their own aromatic stink, but I find them to be very smooth.

My great-grandfather smoked Chesterfield Kings. I found a few packs of them around 2000, but they disappeared and came back a few years ago as filtered only. They were alright but I remember them being like Lucky Strikes, half gone on the third drag.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

sarcastx posted:

Yeah that's the rub, see, all the journalists who rave about the Accord being so great to drive get the 2.0L, which has either a 6MT or a 10-speed traditional auto. Not the gearbox that 95% of Accords will actually be equipped with.

Honda screwed themselves then. They took away the 6MT after 2019, then took away the 2.0L for the 2023, it's all CVT now too.

Name-checked by George Carlin in one of his earlier sets. I think....Toledo Window Box?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I smoked Basics for a while. Also Dorals. Smoked Camels for about a year while I was deployed. I kept circling back to Pall Malls. Fresher, higher moisture content that's somewhere between Camels and pipe tobacco, burn longer. They have their own aromatic stink, but I find them to be very smooth.

My great-grandfather smoked Chesterfield Kings. I found a few packs of them around 2000, but they disappeared and came back a few years ago as filtered only. They were alright but I remember them being like Lucky Strikes, half gone on the third drag.

Stuck with Camels, wides then lights, for a good while. Can't think of a reason why, besides that wides is what my ex-wife smoked. Lights because that's what a later girlfriend smoked.

gently caress. That's weird. I guess my "type" is Camel smoking, green-eyed brunettes.

Anyways, Pall Mall Blues for years after that. They burn for loving ever. Great driving smokes. Lucky Reds now. The first few drags do burn quick, but they mellow out in the second half. Perpetually on sale, too.

Bugler was very much a broke teenager thing. Not that I minded them. $1 a pack then, and no one would bum off you. Still buy 'em now and then. Sticking your nose in a fresh bag is A Feeling©.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I always bought ZigZag for rolling tobacco. Used to be cheap. It's meh all around but leagues better than Top.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When I was in college I could get Old Holborn or something like that, an English rolling tobacco that was great. Then they banned the import of it and my hand rolling days were over, thank god.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I miss Drum tobacco. Being the dude rolling some drum and smoking out the dorm window at 16th and Chestnut, Philadelphia.

Hey man can I bum a...

Pulls out big can of tobacco and a pack of poo poo Tops papers.

Nevermind

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

I listen to some olde tyme radio shows and one is sponsored by Kent Cigarettes. In the commercials, they really like to emphasize that Kents do a good job at filtering.
I guess this is why.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cma54iiozC8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sadly Instagram doesn't embed like TikTok.
But i wonder why you would stand so close to a spicy fusebox and take a video. Unless it is faked.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/5gV6QVK.mp4

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Where do I get one?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

lol I was thinking "man that's a limp carrot" for way too long

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

champagne posting posted:

Where do I get one?

Store that sells good cooking supplies. That's a pasta machine at work.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just make sure not to accidentally stick anything else in it

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Past incidents uncovered after crane falls on Baldwin Park home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

i make-a da pasta