Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Arzaac posted:

(Mix, you gotta stop LPing cool VNs, I'm just gonna keep buying them :negative:)

[looking at the other LP I'm preparing right now] yeah about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
At least you don't have to worry about picking up quantum suicide

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Leraika posted:

At least you don't have to worry about picking up quantum suicide

I got gifted that and felt like I paid too much.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

I'm going to guess Bunny is the one who stole the tablets, and is the one who suggested the library plan to Snake - that'd help explain why Snake was target first, I think. I'm really skeptical that the library door is so reinforced that it's impossible for Mouse's team to batter down the door.

Wait, no one *has* to pray, right? Doesn't that mean if everyone is in the same room for the full 15 minutes that there's no way to get out of the prayer being a no-operation phase? It completely cripples their ability to search for trinkets, but that's another relatively stable situation at least.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

'Pray' cycles will be every 15 minutes instead of 45, and everyone must select a prayer option each cycle or face punishment. Which means there will be 3 'Pray' cycles every 45 minute round.

Nope, voting is compulsory

Bombyx
Dec 7, 2022
Abstaining is still a valid move though, as long as they specifically choose no one within the Prayer option.

e: Whoops, misinterpreted the point being made re:no one having to pray, my b.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Plus votes are mandatory for the race so even if no prayer was just a default "pray for no one" that's still a window for a kill every race round.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I do kinda wonder what Brian's plan was if the Pray trinket and the Challenge trinket ended up both found.

Did he work out appropriate rules for every trinket combo? Is there an order of operations? Was he just going to rule on the fly?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

bewilderment posted:

I do kinda wonder what Brian's plan was if the Pray trinket and the Challenge trinket ended up both found.

Did he work out appropriate rules for every trinket combo? Is there an order of operations? Was he just going to rule on the fly?

If you mean the taming whip, then tbh whip probably wins since it pauses the round time which most likely can be considered to pause the pray timer as well.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

[BGM: Fire Breath]

What?

It's something we already knew- just because someone's dead doesn't mean their tablet stops working. Someone realized that, and so as soon as they had an opportunity, they swiped the dead's tablets.

Which means they were able to use the extra two votes to kill Snake and break the stalemate.

Huh. I wouldn't have thought about that.

Wouldn't you have? Or did you do this?!

Did you even listen to her? The person who grabbed the tablets was clearly in the other group.

Yeah, that's right!

This proves that at least one traitor is in their group!

Sheep's right! So that means you guys shouldn't just vote us all dead.

Tch. You think that's gonna work? You were trying to vote us all dead, and you're just gonna pretend that didn't happen? You're gonna try and stop us from getting revenge?

Dragon, Dragon, I swear it wasn't personal. We were just... desperate. If we didn't do anything, we were all going to be executed, one after another.

By banding together, there were decent odds that both traitors were in the other group. Which very much could be true!

If we killed both traitors, at least the five of us could survive.

I'm not hearing anything worth forgiving.

It's a classic case of mob mentality. The fact that there were five of them collectively absolved them of blame.

So what do we do now?

Again, I was unsure of what to do.

We're going with Pig's plan.

Chaos? That wasn't a good plan though!

Well I can't think of a better one! We just need to find two more Trinkets. Two more! So let's just do that!

I guess that's kind of a plan. So I'll kind of do it.

This feels like conceding, but fine. Random voting it is.

More importantly, we need to find Minor Trinkets!

Yes, we've established that. I've already fulfilled my quota, so I expect you lot to pick up the slack.

Quota? Don't tell me you intend to quit working!

I didn't have time for such arguments. I just needed to find Trinkets. Trinkets? Trinkets? I felt like calling out to the Trinkets, which was a sign I was losing my mind.

[BGM: Slithering]

But I didn't get to search for long before it was the end of a prayer cycle. Random voting, eh? I voted for Dog, someone I suspected might be a traitor. Then I went back to searching for Trinkets. I didn't need to think about that poo poo. Who cares that you could totally be executed here? Nope, no need to worry. Not a single cause for concern. Not even worth listening to the tablet announcement happening right now.

It's likely a tie! ...And if not a tie, it'll be some random death. 3 people had already died, this wasn't anything new. I just had to accept the batshit scenario we were in and move on.

With a total of 5 prayers, the great Draconic Gods have heeded the group's wishes and strike down Rooster.

And another death. So random strategy wasn't...

Wait a minute.

FIVE prayers??

[BGM: Silence]

Even if you factored in a traitor having 2 extra tablets, that's way too high a number to be a coincidence! I rushed back towards the cafeteria. And there, I saw it.

[BGM: Mousetrap]

Bunny, Pig, Sheep, Horse, and Dragon. Standing together, looking guilty. Next to them was Rooster's corpse. Bunny had picked up and was checking out his tablet.

You. Your group did this, didn't you?

We didn't do anything wrong!

Yes, we did. We reformed the voting block.

Goddamnit, you guys! Dragon, you too?

I'm not dying here. Whatever it takes for that to happen, I'll roll with it.

The fact of the matter is, Mouse, that we know for a fact that between you, Rooster here, Monkey and Dog, there's at least one traitor!

We know it wasn't Dragon, because she was standing guard outside of the library for most of the cycle, and she didn't have an opportunity to go and collect the dead people's tablets.

It turns out that Rooster didn't end up being a traitor, but that just narrows the scope down to three!

Once we get rid of you three, well, we'll sort things out from there depending on what we find.

You're okay with this? Mob based murder? You think the fact that there's 5 of you doing it changes what it is?

What other choice do we have? Like it or not, there are two people actively trying to kill the rest of us. We don't get to know who they are. If we just sit around, afraid of hitting an innocent, we're just sitting targets waiting to be devoured.

I, for one, have things too important outside of here that I'm not willing to forfeit my life without a fight.

W-What he said. We have obligations!

We don't have a choice! It's not my fault, everyone would do this in my situation.

I didn't have time for their justifications. They couldn't shove away the blame in whatever ways they wanted, they were going to murder us all. I could despair. But that wouldn't help. I wasn't dying like this. Someway, somehow, I'd survive. First things first, I needed to gather allies. I searched the building for Monkey and Dog.

After I gathered them, I explained to them the situation.

I mean, it's really our fault for not figuring something like this'd happen. 'Yeah, our lives are on the line, but totally don't group up and try and save yourselves.'

In times of extreme anguish, groups provide structure and safety to desperate minds.

It makes sense that given the horrors we've seen, people would be willing to stoop to such levels if everyone is going along with it.

I don't care whether or not they're justified! We need to team together and find out some way to prevent them from killing us all!

Isn't there one little problem with that plan though?

One of the three of us is also trying to kill us all.

Not necessarily.

Bunny?

Mouse, Monkey, Dog... I'm sorry. I feel really lovely about what I did.

Now's not the time for that, explain what you're doing here!

The group was talking about next steps, and suddenly it dawned on me.

Were we right that the traitor who killed Snake definitely came from you three? After all, we assumed that the tablets were taken after the tied vote, but when was the last time we looked at them?

[BGM: Metal Horse]

It was possible that someone gathered them before that, and used them to frame the people outside the library. When I thought about it like that, things started to make sense. I also realized we should look at Snake's tablet.

But when I ran over to his body, it was taken as well! And I think the people with the most opportunity to do that were the people inside the library when he died.

So basically, you suspect that someone in the library group is a traitor?

It was already possible that one of them could've been a traitor anyways. But I think the one who has Tiger and Ox's tablets, the most dangerous one, is Pig.

Pig? You're joking, surely.

I'm for real.

You might not know it, but she was actually the one behind gathering the group in the first place. She chose the location to be the library, which means she could've hid the tablets in there ahead of time.

And she was one of the people who suggested reforming this group.

And you wish us to vote for her execution?

Yeah.

That loose logic being your basis for it?

Look, at this point, it's clear that we're not getting out of this with no blood on our hands. We have to make moves against people who we think are the traitor.

And I think Pig is the traitor.

But even if we go along with this, the vote'd be 4 to 4. No one'd be executed.

Not true.

Bunny displayed the tablet he had picked up.

I took Rooster's tablet after he died, remember? With this, we have 5 tablets. We can vote her out.

That's...

Well?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Okay, so, a lot of choices are coming rapid fire next update, so you all have three votes to make here! :v:

The first one is, well, the one at the end of the update, duh.

The second one is whether we think a group debate style of trying to determine who to vote for is a good idea or not (basically, everyone stays in one room and says who they're suspicious of and why and then collectively as a group vote one after another until the traitors are found).

The third one is a little more complicated, but basically it boils down to 'if Mouse were to speak up in favor of one of these two options, would it be better to support A) Monkey and Dog or B) Dragon in regards to who she thinks is suspicious?'

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

no, I don't trust bunny. And everything he claimed pig did he could have as well. Plus this kind of thing is something that you would bring up to the whole group, not just the weaker faction.
...unless you were trying to whittle them both down easily until you had complete control of the votes.

no, at this point there are two traitors with 4-5 votes and 6 townies with 6-7 votes. Even in the best case that's only 3 rounds before the mafia control the vote. Playing mafia this late in the game is a horrible idea.

Trust Dragon if it comes to that. She put herself on the line at the start of the game and is least likely to be compromised.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Do not trust Bunny.

Do not group debate; that’s going to draw time and energy away from the Trinket search.

Monkey and Dog are more suspicious.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, it's Bunny route. Halfway through, it could've been Dragon's, since she reformed the majority, but as soon as Bunny made this ridiculous proposal, the route became his.

Is flipping on his majority smart? I don't really see it.

Don't use the tablet. Constraining people's options can help force traitors to reveal themselves or buy more discussion time.
Don't group debate. Someone's going to go on a rampage if they try this.
Agree with Dragon. Because Dog has always been suss, and Dragon has put herself on the line too much.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Oh hey, I think this is the first time Rooster's died other than on his own route, right?

Don't use the tablet.. This plan makes no sense if you stop to think about it; even if we believed Bunny, we'd be working under the assumption that the traitor has three extra tablets, so if we don't surprise and get the person who them on a round they aren't using them (and thus can prove they're the traitor with a search of their body), we'd be looking like the traitors by making it appear as though we have two extra votes (assuming Bunny hides that he swapped voting blocks). And as Bunny doesn't really have a compelling reason to suspect Pig in particular beyond "she sus", that's at best a 1 in 3 shot of getting the traitor if we assume Dragon isn't it. And then of course we know Bunny is one of the traitors and this is his route so we know we shouldn't trust him anyway. He's actually put himself in a precarious situation where if we don't go along with him, in theory one side should figure out he's lying (because he's basically convinced each group that the traitor is on the other side and they need to form a voting block to out them).

Go with the group debate. We've seen what happens when people go off on their own--the traitors just manipulate them into voting blocks and get them to off someone. I suspect if we sit everyone down and air out what's been happening, it will become clear who's been moving the pieces on the board, so to speak.

Agree with Dog and Monkey. If it were just Dog I'd say don't trust him, but I think Bunny's the primary one responsible here, and Monkey is intelligent and generally fairly trustworthy. Conversely, I suspect Dragon has been promised to be one of the people Bunny carries to victory and is now helping him to that end--it would explain her being so sure that flipping sides would keep her alive. I suspect whatever she's going to say will be Bunny's opinion more than hers.

This is actually a fun conundrum as even knowing that Bunny is the traitor I'm not entirely sure not going along with this is the right answer, simply because if we don't there's a non-zero chance he just eliminates Mouse next.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Mix. posted:

Yes, we've established that. I've already fulfilled my quota, so I expect you lot to pick up the slack.

way to out that you don't give a poo poo about the plan you're playing along with, Dog

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

If we didn't already know this wasn't dog's route I'd be hopeful that this is the inevitable "the traitor is the one holding the minor trinkets" route.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im playing the one piece odyssey demo on ps4

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

im playing the one piece odyssey demo on ps4

wow robins tits are HUGE now

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Luffy's scar looks proper brutal

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Never has my avatar felt more relevant

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So out of their minds on whatever drugs or booze they took that they posted in the wrong thread with such energy that they did it in one they'd never even posted in before.

I can respect that, in a fascinated horror kind of way.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

that's some serious rooster energy there for sure

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
ngl I didn't register it at first I thought he was posting in the RPG thread.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FoolyCharged posted:

So out of their minds on whatever drugs or booze they took that they posted in the wrong thread with such energy that they did it in one they'd never even posted in before.

I can respect that, in a fascinated horror kind of way.

its in my bookmarks! i been reading it my badd lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The thread voted that we shouldn't use the tablet and should try to tie with the other group, so let's see how that plays out...

We should vote Pig. However, ethically, we can't use that second tablet.

What?!

Even if she might be the traitor, we don't know that! We can't risk killing an innocent. We'll give Pig four votes and tie it. And we'll figure out what to do from there.

Fine with me.

It is a more humane option.

I for one don't love this. But, if it's what you want.

More importantly, we should hurry up and do it. The cycle's going to end any minute now!

Bunny wasn't wrong. We quickly split up into separate rooms so we could use our tablets. I input my RUN action for the round. And for the prayer cycle, I voted against Pig. I hoped we were doing the right thing here. It wasn't half a minute after inputting my actions that Round 6 ended.

I heard an announcement on my tablet.

With a total of 5 prayers, the great Draconic Gods have heeded the group's wishes and strike down Mouse.

What? How the hell.. They only should've had four votes! Why were they voting me?! Those were the last thoughts I could form before my brain started fuzzing out. While the knives would indeed enter my throat, I was mercifully choked out before I could feel the metal grind through my vocal cords and fill my mouth with blood. Thank God for small miracles.

[Ending – 5 of Clubs]

The race with the Prayer Statue is completely different. It's a bloodthirsty game which won't tolerate a weak heart.

No one will be able to beat those with the VICTORIOUS and DEFEATED personalities unless they're willing to get their hands dirty.

Mouse's death here isn't without nobility. But better to be a killer than dead.

Who the traitors are has basically been known information since the start of this route, but unlike the previous route both traitors are active and actually trying to do things this time around. Therefore, actively rejecting the plan while both traitors are on our team does nothing to help us- it's a stalemate at best- but signals to the two that this side is not going to be helpful to their goals, and gives them more reason to jump ship... leaving Mouse as the better immediate target since she refused to get involved.

Unfortunately for Pig, in order to progress the route, we have to use the tablet...

I really really hate the idea of killing someone potentially innocent. However, we have no choice. We can only hope she betrayed us first.

Kind of a funny thing to hope for, huh?

I hate this. I really, really hate this. But letting Pig keep forming these groups for her own safety will only lead to destruction. This way, we'll end it. And we'll trust Bunny is right with his suspicions.

His theory makes plenty of sense to me.

This is a plan I find morally questionable... but I suppose there must be times one puts their morals aside and focuses on the task at hand.

We're right to do this. We don't have a choice. Let's not forget the real monster is Brian for making us go through all this.

More importantly, we should hurry up and do it. The cycle's going to end any minute now!

Bunny wasn't wrong. We quickly split up into separate rooms so we could use our tablets. I input my RUN action for the round. And for the prayer cycle, I voted against Pig. I hoped we were doing the right thing here. It wasn't half a minute after inputting my actions that Round 6 ended.

I heard an announcement on my tablet.

With a total of 5 prayers, the great Draconic Gods have heeded the group's wishes and strike down Pig.

And so it was done.

It was Pig's fault for trying to kill me. She started these group-voting murders. I was right to do this, wasn't I?

...Wasn't I?

I struggled to answer that. But at this point, looking for those answers would do me no good. I had already sealed most of my emotions. Guilt would have to join the club. I'd deal with my fractured psyche when I was safe. More importantly, I should go and check on Pig to see if she really was a traitor. Checking her tablet should make that clear.

[BGM: Lucky Foot]

I went down to the cafeteria with Monkey, Bunny, and Dog. There, Dragon, Horse, and Sheep were mourning Pig. They were not pleased to see us.

What did you all do?! You killed her.

Surprised you'd show your ugly mug here Bunny, seeing as you totally sold us out.

Guess I can't expect more from a traitorous rat bastard.

I didn't mean...

Where do you get off saying something like that? You also switched sides to join the library group in the first place!

That's... gently caress you!

Yeah, yeah, that's not the important part. Was she a traitor?

No. We already checked the personality on her tablet. She wasn't 'victorious' or 'defeated'.

No...

That means you killed her for nothing!

And I suppose there was a lot of meaning in killing Rooster? Don't think I forgot about that. Don't think I'll forgive that.

Mad about Rooster's death, huh? Funny, I didn't take you for a fangirl.

He was certainly a trying man at times to deal with. However, I feel like I knew him well enough to say he was a pure soul at heart.

Having him killed for no good reason greatly upsets me.

So what's the play now?

[BGM: Hear No Evil]

Everyone, listen up. Things have gotten real hosed. Obviously.

But there's no easy way of resolving this. There's just not going to be a safe play until the traitors are gone and dead. It's clear they're willing to do whatever to stay alive.

The only answer I see is a simple one, but it's one I don't think people'll like.

What is it?

Group debates on who to eliminate. Right here, we'll just talk about who's most suspicious. Argue it out.

Then we take turns entering the bathroom over there and casting our votes. After someone dies, we check their tablet and see whether or not they were the traitor. Repeat until we're done.

Are you serious?! That's crazy!

And your suggestion is?

Huh?

You've just coasted along for a while with no real opinion, haven't you? Well, now's your time to stand up. If you can think of a better way of handling things, speak up.

U-Um... I...

What exactly do you think you're doing?

I'm asking Sheep to explain herself. Got a problem with it?

Actually, I do. Why are you wasting time like that?

Seemed fun.

I think a Socratic Seminar seems like a fairly logical method of handling this dispute.

I don't hate the idea. It seems a little brutal, but that can hardly be helped.

The thread voted to not support this idea.

Are you telling us to debate who to murder? It's barbaric! I don't want any part of that. It's amoral, it's creepy, it's wrong, there's a thousand things I could say against it!

Alright, well, what's your idea?

Idea?

You don't have one, do you? In that case, we're going to go with this one. There's no way we can outplan the traitors, so instead we're just going to outvote them.

You don't like the arguing, you can stay silent. See how much good that does you for the votes.

And so, like it or not, this lovely 'praying' game had reached its final stage. Perhaps this was the inevitable conclusion based on the rules presented. The logical culmination of everyone's distrust and self-interest. It all led to a brutal popularity contest with deadly stakes. If there was ever a time to put on a game face, it was now.

[BGM: Steadfast Gallop]

For my sake and the group's, I had to put forwards the best arguments I could.

So, who's suspicious to start with?

I distrust everyone who went along with the 'library group voting' plan. It was ill-conceived and selfish.

But more importantly, it was the perfect cover for a traitor.

I thought we already talked about how one traitor was outside that group!

For one, Bunny already brought up how that was inconclusive proof. For another, even if one traitor was outside the group, that doesn't make things any less suspicious.

If we're going to bring up old suspicious stuff, then let's talk about the very first vote, the one that killed Ox! We know from that that at least one traitor has to come from Horse or Dog!

Is that so?

I know I'm not a traitor. If I wanted to kill you all, I'd do it without the stupid voting system.

Are we sure that the first vote really tells us anything? For all we know, someone like Tiger or Snake was a traitor, and it was their doing. We haven't had a chance to confirm their tablets, have we?

Besides, we don't know if that was even a result of the traitor. There could be some reason that a non-traitor didn't vote for Dragon.

Or hell, maybe Ox and Dragon met up and decided to not vote against each other, and then Dragon betrayed that agreement.

Now why the hell would I do something stupid like that? If we're talking about suspicious, have we forgot who said the stupid item number aloud in the first place? Bunny did! That's huge grounds for suspicion.

Like we already said, I didn't know what the item was then, how could that have been done out of evil?

Bunny's right. I don't think it's very likely that someone like him would use these methods if he wanted to kill us all.

Gee, thanks. You're a real Carl Leone, aren't you?

Carl Leone?

It's a reference for cultured people, trust me.

Should I add something to the conversation?

And lastly, the thread voted to vouch for Dragon over Dog and Monkey.

I think Dragon's probably innocent!

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Why do you think that?

Even if people inside the library could've used the tablets taken off the dead bodies, I don't think Dragon could've. She was walking outside of the library almost the whole time, right? So she was probably monitored almost all the time.

But Mouse, what if she's the other traitor?

That's possible. But she's 50% less likely to be the traitor, right?

I guess.

Well, for my money, I think it's Sheep.

Tch. You would.

Now why would you say that? Because I have such impeccable instincts?

The question is why you're accusing someone like Sheep. She hasn't done anything to anyone.

That's exactly my point. She's a floater, to put it in reality TV terms.

She's always in a group, good at convincing other people to do things, very meek. If she was a traitor, her only chance at getting away with it would be thanks to a voting system like this.

She just seems like the traitor type. Call it a hunch.

I'll call it bullshit.

Uh, guys, I think the cycle's almost up. We need to quickly put in some votes.

Bunny was absolutely right. Quickly we cycled in and out of the restroom, taking turns to make our votes. Personally, I decided to vote for Dog. Something didn't sit right with me about him, and I kept remembering the votes from the first cycle.

A couple moments after we had all voted, a familiar announcement played on our tablets.

With a total of 3 prayers, the great Draconic Gods have heeded the group's wishes and strike down Sheep.

NO!

Oh.

A simple word.

*thud*

Sheep said it, then she immediately passed out onto the ground. Not from the collar, but from shock.

[BGM: Constriction]

But this was a lucky break. It made her usually painful death rather painless. I averted my eyes. I had no urge to watch someone like her die. But in my head, I prayed that she was secretly a monster who would try and kill us. After a beat, Bunny walked over and picked up Sheep's tablet. A few seconds later, he sighed.

A weak personality. Not victorious. Not defeated.

Another pointless death.

drat it! I was really sure about her.

Dog, you voted for Sheep?

I already said I suspected her, didn't I?

Who else voted for her?

I did.

As did I.

I voted for Bunny.

Me?

If you're looking for an apology, you're not getting one.

I voted for Dog.

As did I.

My oh my, I'm so unpopular.

People who make dumb accusations are suspicious.

Just because I was wrong doesn't make it dumb.

Sheep wasn't with us anymore, so we couldn't ask who she voted for. Instead, a silence took over the room. There was an uncomfortableness in the air. What was there to say? We had tried to debate it,and we had gotten it wrong. It was also notable that Dog, the person who accused Sheep, had gotten the second most votes. Accusations brought suspicion on the accuser. Because of that, no one wanted to speak first.

Time flew by. Eventually, we realized the cycle was getting close to being finished.

We should probably start voting. I'll go first.

Without much more conversation, Dog entered the bathroom. While he was gone, however, the conversation re-ignited.

That Dog just does whatever the gently caress he wants too, huh? I can't trust someone like that.

I've been thinking about it, and I really think he might be the traitor. He was outside the library group when the dead people had their tablets taken away, and he was supposed to vote Dragon in the first cycle.

As Bunny started to say that, Dog exited the restroom, and Bunny entered. From there we cycled in and out fairly silently. And then the cycle ended. And once again, a dreaded tablet announcement played.

With a total of 3 prayers, the great Draconic Gods have heeded the group's wishes and strike down Dog.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Well that's one way for bnuuy to shed some sus.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So given that Dog vouched for Bunny, and we're far enough along that the traitors should have figured each other out, I wonder how long it will be before people twig onto Bunny. He did sort of shed some suspicion, but Dog was very, very clearly going to die, so Bunny was just joining onto the obvious bandwagon - it doesn't exactly give him a lot of credit.

Still, even with one traitor down, if Bunny controls enough tablets, he wins by default.

Morbid question, but when someone uses a dead person's tablet, does that reactivate the collar, or is it a device that only ever activates once?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Dirk the Average posted:

Morbid question, but when someone uses a dead person's tablet, does that reactivate the collar, or is it a device that only ever activates once?

If it hasn't yet, it will (as seen by when they used Tiger's tablet on Snake's route even though she was already dead), but I don't think we've seen one activate a second time thus far.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Boy, this is certainly a very bloody route, huh? :gonk:

Hopefully Mouse figures it out soon!

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.

Sketchie posted:

Boy, this is certainly a very bloody route, huh? :gonk:

Dog cited reality TV terminology earlier, and it really fits here. The prayer statue turns this into a single-elimination social game, and only one person can win a season of Survivor. Multiple people can survive this if they successfully hit Bunny, but by all appearances, Bunny's personality is built perfectly for this kind of play. It's tricky to actually hit the bobbing and weaving alliance builder antagonist of a season until you're down to the final four or five.

We've got Mouse, Dragon, Monkey, Horse, and of course Bunny left. They might be able to pull this off at this point.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
With Dog Defeated, the risk of having Defeated take last place is gone.

Still, this final 5 prayer vote (Mouse, Horse, Bunny, Dragon, Monkey) is a critical point for Bunny. He just needs to survive 1 more before he becomes equivalent to a normal personality. Since Victorious can survive a tie with 3 other first-place finishers, being one of the final 4 is vital to his plans.

While the others could still choose to vote him out after that, there's not really much incentive to betray after final 4. Everyone would be better off tying their prayer votes because they still need others to help Minor Trinket them to the end of the race.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

With Dog Defeated, the risk of having Defeated take last place is gone.

Still, this final 5 prayer vote (Mouse, Horse, Bunny, Dragon, Monkey) is a critical point for Bunny. He just needs to survive 1 more before he becomes equivalent to a normal personality. Since Victorious can survive a tie with 3 other first-place finishers, being one of the final 4 is vital to his plans.

While the others could still choose to vote him out after that, there's not really much incentive to betray after final 4. Everyone would be better off tying their prayer votes because they still need others to help Minor Trinket them to the end of the race.

actually, it's a tie with TWO other first-place finishers :eng101: The wording is specifically 'no more than three animals can tie for first place'- whoever has the personality with that win condition counts as one of the three.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Oof, final 3 is tight but doable since they have progressed 6 spaces, need 18 more, and have 6 rounds left.

Bunny isn't going to able to make it unless the group starts minor trinketing right away. Fortunately, with Dog defeated, they can do so safely. Unfortunately, he has also to survive two more votes.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Even more, if they don't kill bunny this round and there isn't a tie: Bunny has his own tablet plus three looted tablets for 4 votes. He could just vote everyone else to death if he felt like it.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

At the point where it's obvious it's him and he's trying that, the others just dogpile him down. Having brute force be an option switches a bunch of the logic around.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Was the choice whether or not to support the group vote a fake out, or was "not supporting it but it goes ahead anyway" the right choice and supporting it would somehow have ended badly?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Bunny isn't going to able to make it unless the group starts minor trinketing right away. Fortunately, with Dog defeated, they can do so safely. Unfortunately, he has also to survive two more votes.

If Bunny can use dead player tablets, then it stands to reason that he could have them minor trinket, or have Rooster boost him, or whatever. There's also a point where he could just kill people directly instead of relying on the prayer gimmick, though that would require getting rid of Horse first.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

If Bunny can use dead player tablets, then it stands to reason that he could have them minor trinket, or have Rooster boost him, or whatever. There's also a point where he could just kill people directly instead of relying on the prayer gimmick, though that would require getting rid of Horse first.

Yes, I was worried about this. So far these tablets appear to be fully functional despite their owner being deceased.

Taking out Rooster and Monkey lets you double Rooster boost to the end very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

At that point why bother with direct murder? All he has to do is hide out with his tablets for 30 min until everyone else is dead.