Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've played 16/40 out of VG's list :D

But The Surge over Mass Effect you are dead to me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I remember spending like 2-3 hours on portal 2, over ten years ago and not playing more of it. Looks like that needs to be remedied!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Proof that veeg really does prefer From games to JRPGs after all. Wonderful

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

redreader posted:

I remember spending like 2-3 hours on portal 2, over ten years ago and not playing more of it. Looks like that needs to be remedied!

Be sure to do the coop as well as the single player campaign!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CuriousSymptoms posted:

VG while we are waiting for Rarity to have her beauty nap please tell us all about why you agree so strongly with Wakka's authoritarian and xenophobic attitudes

:prepop: I will have you know I disowned Wakka for the majority of the game. Intentionally. Kimhari on the other hand...unintentionally. Too much Yuna, Tidus, Auron, Rikku and Lulu symbiosis. Such a powerful gang!

Rarity posted:

I've played 16/40 out of VG's list :D

But The Surge over Mass Effect you are dead to me :(

I LOVE the Surge. I LOVE Mass Effect. It is tough to pick between them but I think I chose the Surge first because it is a successful Fromlike. Those are rare.

Escobarbarian posted:

Just wait...I have more jRPGs planned for this year :D

redreader posted:

It is SO good. I played it with LVG at the start of this year and man. If I was allowed to choose that in my list it would have been number one over Echoes of the Eye and FFX. Portal 2 is my ultimate game. Every last thing about it. 10/10!!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I just remembered someone put Watchdogs as their no.1 goty. Now I need to go back and see where it landed on the list.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They were the only points it got lol

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

strive is such a sick game and it's gotten a shocking amount of people into fighting games who never thought they'd like the genre in their lives. if you want to try one game out of your comfort zone this year make it guilty gear strive. i'm aware the votes are already tallied but i'm campaigning for next year's vote already.

Yeah it's really good. I think their decision to simplify & standardize inputs really paid off. I liken it to Smash Bros, where you do basically the same inputs and get similar results regardless of character, with variance coming from things like speed and power, and a handful of special moves per character. Rather than having to memorize a bunch of unique inputs and playstyles for each character.

E: And it will be on GamePass in a few months!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Auron > Lulu > Rikku > Kimahri > Yuna > Tidus > Wakka > am I forgetting someone?

very disrepectful to Japan's second favourite FF character

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1604453351512383491

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Genocide and Xenophobia back to back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

very disrepectful to Japan's second favourite FF character

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1604453351512383491

I want to be mad at this but Zidane is top 5 :shobon:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

FF10 over bloodborne tho.... hmmmm.. need to think carefully about this

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

FF10 over bloodborne tho.... hmmmm.. need to think carefully about this

Correct. FFX over Bloodborne. Also Surge over Dark Souls 3 (and DS1 is not even in the top 40)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot be stopped. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I cannot be stopped. :)

:mods:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dark Souls 3 is good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Its the dark side of getting VG to finally play all these great games... now he too can inflict his own terrible opinions on the world just like the rest of us!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Correct. FFX over Bloodborne. Also Surge over Dark Souls 3 (and DS1 is not even in the top 40)

Really wondering how the snes final fantasies will stack up to the psx ones for you, I fear you will erroneously think the psx games are better...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

only one of my games made it into the top 75, so i continue the tradition of only enjoying things other people don't like

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I imagine veeg will definitely prefer the PSX ones to IV because he’s all about the characters and IV is like Baby’s First Characters With Some Depth (literally in fridge’s case! ha ha ha). Still a good game though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

good morning gotys :toot:

Rarity posted:

43. OUTER WILDS: ECHOES OF THE EYE
(Mobius Digital, 2019, Down 28)
47 points, listed 7 times, #1 1 time

Please don’t gently caress cacti, BP. It does not sound safe.

I was brutalized by this game!

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Regy Rusty posted:

Genocide and Xenophobia back to back

Sure genocide whatever but that smile. That drat smile.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Really wondering how the snes final fantasies will stack up to the psx ones for you, I fear you will erroneously think the psx games are better...

I am currently loving the bones out of FF1. It is entirely possible I will pop it over FF7 and maybe more??

I also noticed I have 2 number thirteens in my list and am technically missing a few games so that top forty list is slightly wrong still!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I imagine veeg will definitely prefer the PSX ones to IV because he’s all about the characters and IV is like Baby’s First Characters With Some Depth (literally in fridge’s case! ha ha ha). Still a good game though.

Haha its true

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

:prepop: I will have you know I disowned Wakka for the majority of the game. Intentionally. Kimhari on the other hand...unintentionally. Too much Yuna, Tidus, Auron, Rikku and Lulu symbiosis. Such a powerful gang!

I too disowned Wakka for the majority of the game because I didn't want to play freaking Blitzball to upgrade his Overdrives.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AceOfFlames posted:

I too disowned Wakka for the majority of the game because I didn't want to play freaking Blitzball to upgrade his Overdrives.

Dat Attack Reels though :swoon:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

Ok so who's playing it in 2023 to get in for next year?
maybe me? IDK. it's off Gamepass now -_- but it went up on PS+ in october, maybe it'll be on there for a year or something and i'll have time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

only one of my games made it into the top 75, so i continue the tradition of only enjoying things other people don't like

?? It looks like Stray, Endwalker, and Sunbreak are all in the top 75.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

like 75% of my list washed at the start, gonna be a bad year for ol' EHF seeing some yellow quotes before any big reveals

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

I loved Blitzball. :3:

FF Minigame ranking:

1. Triple Triad
2. Chocbo Hot and Cold
3. Blitzball
4. Battle Arena from Gold Saucer

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

five of my top 10 didn't make the cut (souldiers, grapple dog, prodeus, cuphead: TDLC, trails from zero) but i expected that for three of them. i'm a little disappointed that prodeus didn't make the cut but w/e. i knew grapple dog wouldn't make it because it only has 250 reviews on steam. and souldiers had a mixed score and botched launch so I imagine that scared most people off

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

I loved Blitzball. :3:

FF Minigame ranking:

1. Triple Triad
2. Chocbo Hot and Cold
3. Blitzball
4. Battle Arena from Gold Saucer

No squats????

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

No squats????

Oh man I loved the squats minigame! And the honey bee dancing. Oh man, now I am remembering all the other ones!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
here's my unofficial ranking of games that I've played enough of in veeg's top 40 to rank:

23. Super Mario Bros 2
22. Super Mario 64
21. Mass Effect
20. Ocarina of Time
19. Super Mario Bros 3
18. Final Fantasy VII
17. Yakuza 0
16. Demons Souls
15. Celeste
14. The Witness
13. Dark Souls III
12. Elden Ring
11. Final Fantasy X
10. Horizon Zero Dawn
09. Bloodborne
08. Portal 2
07. Wind Waker
06. Majora's Mask
05. Sekiro
04. Final Fantasy VIII
03. Final Fantasy VII remake
02. The Last of Us II
01. Final Fantasy IX

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Best FF7R mini-game was fighting Motorball on the freeway. That part ruled.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That is a really good order :)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm quite surprised neither Deathloop nor Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters cracked the Top 75.

EDIT: Now that I went over the Honorable Mentions list, I guess I didn't realize Deathloop was 2021. Daemonhunters is 2022 though and it's not bolded BTW.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I gave deathloop a real good try but ultimately I just didn't care for it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

I gave deathloop a real good try but ultimately I just didn't care for it.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I didn't bold every 2022 release just the notable ones