Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

Hey, serious question here, please do not take offense

Are you generating your posts with an ai?

Not me. I'm wanting to see what all everyone is going to play. (to everyone) send me a pm about that if you don't want to say it in public, or a pm about anything at all if you want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Apparently several mid to large profile content creators are being scammed with phishing emails claiming to have a preview copy of silk song

...Really can't blame those creators. I'd probably fall hook line and sinker. I hope we get to play silk song soon

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Mr Snips posted:

Twilight princess was ok but I can never forgive it for making the decision to not allow you to collect rupee chests if your wallet was full

I quit windwaker twice due to wasting hundreds and hundreds of rupee finds to the point it made me not want to explore and salvage.

I accept the proper judgement.

Libluini posted:

the point was causing mass death of everything on screen

as soon as you had upgraded to 60/60 arrows/bombs you basically had a machine grenade cannon with infinite ammunition

I killed myself so often with my own bomb arrows, it's ludicrous.

If I'm correctly interpreting the OP, I think the point failed to pierce your understanding.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Cavauro posted:

Not me. I'm wanting to see what all everyone is going to play. (to everyone) send me a pm about that if you don't want to say it in public, or a pm about anything at all if you want to

I'm playing several PS4 games at the moment (Persona 5 Royal! Song of the Evertree! House in Fata Morgana!), but Switch-wise, I'm gonna start up Aviary Attorney tomorrow, plus I may grab Cruisn' Blast as well. Big soft spot for Cruisn' the World (didn't play as much of USA).

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

neato burrito posted:

Sayonara Wild Hearts: holy poo poo what a ride. Made by people that definitely, definitely played the poo poo out of Rez.

yeah sayonara wild hearts is basically Rez For Gays and it's great

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
i will a bsolutely be pming you shortly

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Stux posted:

i will a bsolutely be pming you shortly

This.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

BRJurgis posted:

If I'm correctly interpreting the OP, I think the point failed to pierce your understanding.

I'd argue you failed.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

EightFlyingCars posted:

yeah sayonara wild hearts is basically Rez For Gays and it's great

Wait, is this on Switch?

I heard about the eudaimonia. I had not heard about the gayness.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Twilight Princess is top tier in terms of atmosphere, and all the dungeons bar one are absolute bangers.

I haven't played it in a decade and maybe the rest of the game sucks and I forgot, but I will never not have a positive impression of it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Twilight Princess is basically the diametric opposite of BOTW: elaborate dungeons, big setpiece bosses, very indulgent and bloated design. My tastes align way more with Twilight Princess than BOTW, but clearly I am outvoted by the masses :negative:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cavauro posted:

I've been really enjoying Subnautica and I keep playing Splatoon 3. I had picked up Into the Breach to try to unlock all the teams, got a few and still have one missing. Am considering jumping back into Triangle Strategy but that isn't the best use of my time. Beat Mario 3D World+Bowser's Fury recently too.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If i wanted to play twilight princess does the wii version have gamepad support or should i be looking to emulate the gamecube version?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
just petition nintendo for a $60 HD remaster with no new features like the rest of us

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

If i wanted to play twilight princess does the wii version have gamepad support or should i be looking to emulate the gamecube version?

It does not. You’ll want GC, which I believe is also the version with the world facing the correct way lol

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh yeah I forgot they flipped the entire world just to make Link right handed

It is indeed a lol

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Picked up 13 Sentinels because I am a sucker for weird Altus giant robot games. (I blame Robot Alchemical Drive)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

Oh yeah I forgot they flipped the entire world just to make Link right handed

It is indeed a lol

It's not a very good game. Not terrible but not very good although I would go as far as to say that it is a boring Zelda game which is about as close as you can get to a bad Zelda game. Except for the ice mansion, that was really fun

I played it on the Wii and am wondering if I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't playing the mirror version of the game with lovely waggle controls. Either way, it's a pretty ugly game, even for its time in my opinion

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

An Actual Princess posted:

I’m going to play twilight princess soon, so I can have a proper opinion, what’s the best version 2 play

Gamecube

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
I refuse to replay Twilight Princess until they recognize my one true pairing of Link / fishing store woman

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I’m going to play twilight princess soon, so I can have a proper opinion, what’s the best version 2 play

Dolphin with upscaling and filters.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've beaten TP twice and aside from the dire beginning and final battle there are maybe 2 or 3 moments I remember from the rest of the game. It's just so unfortunately forgettable for how good the trailers made it look.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mycot posted:

Twilight Princess is basically the diametric opposite of BOTW: elaborate dungeons, big setpiece bosses, very indulgent and bloated design. My tastes align way more with Twilight Princess than BOTW, but clearly I am outvoted by the masses :negative:

that does sound good to me, i can't stand botw

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Meanwhile I can’t stand TP for being boring and derivative and ugly. I found BotW to be a desperately needed breath of fresh air.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

TP felt like a direct reaction to everyone who whined about Wind Waker.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

wind waker ruled too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
TP is an obscenely ugly game. I’d put it below Skyward Sword on my 3D Zelda tier list

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

wind waker ruled too

It’s in the top three 3D Zeldas with Majora and BotW for me.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

hatty posted:

TP is an obscenely ugly game. I’d put it below Skyward Sword on my 3D Zelda tier list

That’s just rude.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

honestly i enjoy most zeldas. botw is an exception because open world games are generally just not for me but i recognize that it's very well made and good for the people who like that kind of thing

apart from that though i haven't played a zelda that i've been like "wow this sucks"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

hatty posted:

TP is an obscenely ugly game.

It's pretty on par with lots of ugly brown games from that generation tbf

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

That’s just rude.

Just look at the human character designs. It's a horrible looking game, no idea how Nintendo's leadership approved those designs.

Knee jerk reaction to WW being too "cartoony" is my guess, this was definitely a worse direction though

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

honestly i enjoy most zeldas. botw is an exception because open world games are generally just not for me but i recognize that it's very well made and good for the people who like that kind of thing

apart from that though i haven't played a zelda that i've been like "wow this sucks"

For me that was Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass. Never played Spirit Tracks.

SS was bad but not for the reasons TP was. It tried to do some new and unique things to its credit, but the lack of a proper overworld to explore and the really insanely tedious sections before the dungeons that you end up revisiting multiple times to do something equally as tedious were just a slog.

TP is at least for the most part a competently put together attempt at desperately trying to evoke OoT. But that’s precisely why it’s one of the last games in the series I’d opt to revisit. Everything just smacks of been here, done that, which was a disappointing heel turn after the creative and magnificent Wind Waker. The stuff unique to it like the wolf sucks too. Hunting those light bugs wasn’t fun.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

KingSlime posted:

Just look at the human character designs. It's a horrible looking game, no idea how it got past Nintendo's leadership.

Knee jerk reaction to WW is my guess

Thats a mirror

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh you're right. My monitor was off

My b

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

hatty posted:

its the best one actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
twilight princess hd is good... would love to play it on my nintendo switch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
zelda ftw

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

man nurse posted:

TP felt like a direct reaction to everyone who whined about Wind Waker.

TP is the opposite of WW in a lot of ways, but I think it was a lot more intentional than just reacting to the WW's initial reception, especially given how many times they wholly reused the WW artstyle in other games and how SS and BotW definitely lean more into colorful toony styles than not. They're alternate takes on an OOT sequel and that's cool imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
was the Skyward Sword rerelease great or merely just very good? never played it