Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thanks VG and Rarity for all the hard work, glad you didn't accidentally delete the spreadsheet after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Epic High Five posted:

The poster who put it at 3 instead of 1 because they felt it was too powerful already personally prevented it from breaking 1200

im going to smash that poster flat with an anvil

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Regy Rusty posted:

Soo did someone say they were gonna do some vote statistics and comparisons again

if rarity hands me the data I'll toss up a script for the ordination and the "if you liked X, consider Y" thing I did last year

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Epic High Five posted:

The poster who put it at 3 instead of 1 because they felt it was too powerful already personally prevented it from breaking 1200

shiren the wanderer and guilty gear strive are simply better games. great reeva statue and some level 4500 online goblin fused to its controller are much worthier foes than hoarah loux.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

Armored Core is going to get a huge backlash for not being mech souls

yeah prolly. on the plus side, it means prices for copies of the old games will fall back to a reasonable level

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Thank you Rarity for running such a joyful, celebratory thread. I really enjoy it, and I wish the movies subforum did something similar.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Elden Ring. Pretty good game.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

elden ring is the only game ive ever played for 150 hours at release and then gone back 6 months later and had the game world still seem unbelievable and like it shouldnt exist

I came back to this game after 9 months (already had 30 hours in) and I was like, "wait were all these places here in the first two areas that I just completely missed? Were all these characters around for me to talk to? how big and intricate is this game lol"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a good thing that Pentiment is available on the Xbox Games Console.

basically a windows console as far as i'm concerned

mostly i'm just jealous bc i have every other platform for games aside from xbox/pc and won't get either anytime soon. i'm missing out :/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I also knocked it down from 1200 because I put it at number 2 instead of 1 for Triangle Strategy, so it lost the exact one point. :mrgw:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
please give me a goty probe of one(1) week. thank you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

im going to smash that poster flat with an anvil

It was me. I put it at 5th after my four because I knew it would get tons of points.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok VG I'll take a GOTY sixer when you're ready, time to call it a night. Enjoy the afterparty, friends!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hatty posted:

Elden Ring is the great unifier

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

(VG: The full box art that I made:
)

GOATed

can i get a GOTY 6er with this image plz

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Goty Sixer me baby

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

mods let me in on [giving out] the goty probes pls

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ShoogaSlim posted:

basically a windows console as far as i'm concerned

mostly i'm just jealous bc i have every other platform for games aside from xbox/pc and won't get either anytime soon. i'm missing out :/

I feel you on the other side, I haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gamecube so I haven't gotten to play any of the Zeldas or Kirbys or Metroids and I wish they'd just release them on Steam already :smith:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Hit me with that beautiful probe when it's ready

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GOTY probe me baby! See y'all in 6 to chat about these vimdeo germs

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Elden freakin' Ring baybeeeeee love da video games

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lets go Elden Rings baybee love da Elden Rings

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Thanks Rarity and VG, this thread is unironically one of the highlights of my year. I only record myself so I can show off gifs in this thread. Please probe me so I can go back to playing videogames, like God intended.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

drat, i missed the countdown.

Oh well, we're all winners here. Except not really, the only winner is Elden Ring, baby.

Thanks again to VG and Rarity

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Elden Ring

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lol if only I'd put elden ring on my list instead of crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ethanol posted:

the most importnat thing to note here is that pokemon red/purple beat pokemon arceaus , which is correct

:yeah:

thanks for all the great work, veeg, Rarity, and all list posters! truly the best way to start every year

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Games I will find time to play this year that were on 2022's list; Pentiment, Stray, Kirby, Somnium 2, Tunic, Midnight Suns, Norco and Harvestella.

Maybe a few more but those are the ones on the list that I know for a fact I'll likely enjoy when I get around to them.

Thanks for all the effort that went into this! It was my first time actively watching one of these threads and reading everyone's lists was fun and I doubt I'd ever have known about Pentiment if not for checking in here :)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe ill enjoy Elden Ring if I try it with a build guide.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Thanks to Rarity and VG for all their hard work.

And for everyone else, all I have to say is: play The House in Fata Morgana.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Snowrunner was robbed. Shame on most of you

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I’ll take the probe now, but only if Metis delivers it. Or SNU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thread about to get real quiet for six hours

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm just happy everyone had fun :)

Sleeping dogs got 12 points! Goty 2023

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Jerusalem posted:

I feel you on the other side, I haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gamecube so I haven't gotten to play any of the Zeldas or Kirbys or Metroids and I wish they'd just release them on Steam already :smith:

i have a switch that has been collecting dust for over a year. im holding out hope the new zelda is actually worth a drat unlike botw (the opinion that's sparked the most hate for me on these forums) and im not really interested in anything else

i wish i liked nintendo stuff more like when i was younger but nothing's grabbed my attention in a very long time, sadly

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I’ll take the probe now, but only if Metis delivers it. Or SNU

my pleasure

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

A wonderful thread, just like every year. Thanks to both Rarity and Videogames!

I will happily take a GOTY probe, but you have to whisper 'Arise, Tarnished' in 6 hours.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9USLsbcFEI&t=66s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

i'm out of town so probe me for whatever. I'll read this later