Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i mean it's not gonna fix a face made of 6 pixels but making a big picture into a bigger one? neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah i mean i have no argument there, the automated tools that exist now are pretty decent. i guess i kinda find it underwhelming because it's just something i've been manually doing for years now lol

in like 2008 i wrote a macro to script something similar (without content aware though). should've bundled it with imagemagick or some poo poo, sell it for $2 and retire

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

here's a bit of a side by side of things that stood out to me (sorry to hijack things btw :()

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

in like 2008 i wrote a macro to script something similar (without content aware though). should've bundled it with imagemagick or some poo poo, sell it for $2 and retire

isnt that literally what the instagram mvp was

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah heres one i did

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Fool posted:

isnt that literally what the instagram mvp was

probably, that describes a lot of apps lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Vintersorg posted:

which part cat face hahaha

what do you need a high res print of rhcp for

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Masturbating obviously

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Can't stop, addicted to the big dick
Slop Top, he says I'm gonna cum big

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cat Face Joe posted:

what do you need a high res print of rhcp for

printing a poster for my music wall

PokeJoe posted:

lmao
perfect

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

watching an archived stream vod of a guy playing paradigm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea-z96tHSXs

funny game

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also the streamer himself is pretty funny

mystes
May 31, 2006

I would only consider watching this if they had a tomato vtuber avatar

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hbag posted:

archived stream vod of a guy playing
a "let's play" is way shorter

e: oh poo poo a 6 hour youtube vid huh. no point in associating brevity with that in any way

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i've seen paradigm come up on steamgifts now and again. looks interesting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
proud of myself today. took my time, bothered to pull trim panels, and installed the dashcam with absolutely no trashy dangling wire bullshit. even hooked up the hardwire harness so it records while parked, but only down to a certain battery voltage. looks p good imo

cw kpop (obvs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruRSbjvoKF4

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's cool jonny

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

playing kpop while driving a miata is a legal obligation afaik

also acceptable:

https://youtu.be/IhoIq6bpJ-o

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

proud of myself today. took my time, bothered to pull trim panels, and installed the dashcam with absolutely no trashy dangling wire bullshit. even hooked up the hardwire harness so it records while parked, but only down to a certain battery voltage. looks p good imo

cw kpop (obvs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruRSbjvoKF4

Excellent. I did the janky setup for our car but I want to get a more hardwired automatic one. Is there some ideal setup or is it pretty much just buy the right dashcam?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

Excellent. I did the janky setup for our car but I want to get a more hardwired automatic one. Is there some ideal setup or is it pretty much just buy the right dashcam?

Blackvue is the Money Brand If You Want To Spend Money but i got the viofo a129, which Linus (i know, i know) tested against the similarly priced blackvue cameras and liked it better

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DV51H2X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

separate rear cam, gps for speed, hardwire harness is 18 bucks. i guess its got wifi and a phone app too but easy enough to just click out the SD card and save poo poo off on the PC that way

e: i would recommend getting a bigger than 32gb Samsung Endurance microsd. I ran for like an hour or two today and it's almost full already (obviously it rotates out oldest). if you want to do a full track day or something do get a 128 or 256

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 8, 2023

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thanks postheim :tipshat:

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jonny 290 posted:

cw kpop (obvs)

boss video

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
apparently my car has a little port on the back (front??????) of the rear view mirror that i can plug a dashcam into.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that's really nice. they sell a $30 harness to wire a dashcam right into the mirror power for mine, but i found out about it too late, and the allure of jeffy b's next day delivery is too strong

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

does it say what camera that is? looks crisp! i need one!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah looks pretty good. glad you're enjoying it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Vintersorg posted:

does it say what camera that is? looks crisp! i need one!

viofo a129 plus (the pro is 4k, you dont need 4k, it just wastes disk writes). link a few posts up

e: i did a quick split screen too. stupidly started with the rear camera so its 1080p but so what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLQ_x0JVkM

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol goddamn that's kinda disorienting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bep bep

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

is anyone else in the middle of an egg shortage? shelves are bare, even the $13/dozen bougie local eggs are out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Fool posted:

is anyone else in the middle of an egg shortage? shelves are bare, even the $13/dozen bougie local eggs are out

Yup colorado has been hosed by this for a month, i havent stopped crying about it. last night i found 18 packs for $8.19 - just regular rear end eggs - and bought the max (2 cartons)

its bird flu

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i feel like that happens one out of every 10 times i go to the grocery store, but otherwise it's completely as normal

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i eat 2-3 eggs every single day so i really noticed it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Fool posted:

yep. plus even regular eggs are loving $9/doz here

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

i feel like that happens one out of every 10 times i go to the grocery store, but otherwise it's completely as normal

there's always been stock fluctuations but the worst I can remember is just having buy a tier up or down

I've been to 3 stores and finally gave up and bought some egg beaters

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Fool posted:

not here op

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

i eat 2-3 eggs every single day so i really noticed it

i picked up a cookbook about eggs at a fancy kitchenware store once and it had a very charming introduction about how overlooked the humble egg is, even though it is the foundation of so many foods and so delightful on its own in so many forms. i was nodding along, i love eggs and eat a lot of them, so i flipped to the table of contents it went "chapter 1, quail eggs. chapter 2, duck eggs" and lol nope not buyin that poo poo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Truman Peyote posted:

i picked up a cookbook about eggs at a fancy kitchenware store once and it had a very charming introduction about how overlooked the humble egg is, even though it is the foundation of so many foods and so delightful on its own in so many forms. i was nodding along, i love eggs and eat a lot of them, so i flipped to the table of contents it went "chapter 1, quail eggs. chapter 2, duck eggs" and lol nope not buyin that poo poo

you want michael ruhlman's book on eggs

it speaks to something in the nature of the cookbook industry that i can count like, 50, 60 cookbooks just about eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
looming real adulthood is hitting me as im preparing to sign up to split a tiny $4000/mo 2bdr. maybe i should try to live in the office this summer instead