Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

people are free to like any character they want

unless it's Thoma :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like yunjin's design but I've never actually used her I think

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Excelzior posted:

Thoma is a cool dude, shame about playing him though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

She's good when paired with Zhongli and Wanderer

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
wanderer loves to charge attack though
she's pretty much only a friend for characters who primarily left-click spam and never CA, so like yoimiya and ???

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Every character does a lot of left clicking when I'm playing them

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
It's not just about how much left clicking you do (though that's part of it) but also what portion of your damage is coming from normal attacks. Not every character can be Yoimiya or Ayato where the vast majority of their damage is normal attacks so they can actually make good use of Yunjin's stacks.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I hate Yunijin's design and have never used her. :colbert:

There are so so so many better designs for an opera singer, why did you go with puff-basket mihoyo??

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Excelzior posted:

Look at how wrong you are.

Thoma canonically teaches you to knit. As a knitter, 10/10. Would take this house husband.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Happy Underpants posted:

I hate Yunijin's design and have never used her. :colbert:

There are so so so many better designs for an opera singer, why did you go with puff-basket mihoyo??

They basically threw a ladies' hat you might expect to see in Fontaine into a blender with a Chinese operatic headdress, then turned the number of puffballs down by about 2/3.

EDIT: For context, this is the kind of character Yun Jin specializes in.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 8, 2023

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Look at how wrong you are.

Thoma canonically teaches you to knit. As a knitter, 10/10. Would take this house husband.

He also throws a spear at someone who is both a deity and his own head of state because she's beating the poo poo out of you, he's cool

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Shame about his kit. Same with Candace.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Danakir posted:

It's not just about how much left clicking you do (though that's part of it) but also what portion of your damage is coming from normal attacks. Not every character can be Yoimiya or Ayato where the vast majority of their damage is normal attacks so they can actually make good use of Yunjin's stacks.

it's not about proportions because yun jin's buffs aren't percentage based. it is a flat amount added to each attack, so the main thing that matters is how many attacks you do (plus crit and goblet modifiers)

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Find an opera where a general sings about how amazing his horse is and give Yunjin that outfit. The general's or the horse's, I don't care. Either would be better than the dippin'-dots she has now.

Speaking of outfit woes and Kokomi: All this time I though Kokomi was wearing a dress but NO! A jacket with super long tails and thigh-highs a dress does not make! Give me slinky full-length dresses or give me pantless with thigh-highs for men! It's 2023 dammit!

Gearhead posted:

EDIT: For context, this is the kind of character Yun Jin specializes in.

Edit: The gems are cool and good, it's the silhouette distorting bonnet and puffs that I hate. Make it a crown or a circlet but a bonnet?? gently caress Off. I want it to be sharper instead of this rounded plate they've put it in. A spiky Yunjin is a cooler Yunjin.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 8, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

wanderer loves to charge attack though
she's pretty much only a friend for characters who primarily left-click spam and never CA, so like yoimiya and ???

If you have either his signature weapon or Desert Pavilion, you're going to be throwing a ton of normal attacks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Charge attacking is always better than normal as long as you can hit at least 2 enemies with it, even with his signature weapon and the pavilion set (pavilion buffs CA damage too)
Hitting 2 enemies at once doubles your DPS! And it has a pretty good AOE. His best combo in aoe situations is just "CA CA CA CA", since he has 0 stamina cost plus the somewhat unique ability to CA back to back without doing a normal in between. (Can all catalysts do that? I know melee-weapon characters can't.)

For exactly this reason, theorycrafters have been saying his signature weapon isn't actually his BiS except in single target bossfights, since it only buffs his single target NA. IIRC Lost Prayer is the best against 2+ enemies?

For single target without signature weapon, his normal best combo is something like "N1 CA repeat" so yun jin still doesn't help.
But with his signature weapon and a solo enemy, he actually does want to spam leftclick, so in that situation YJ would be cool.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 8, 2023

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it's not about proportions because yun jin's buffs aren't percentage based. it is a flat amount added to each attack, so the main thing that matters is how many attacks you do (plus crit and goblet modifiers)

True but you usually want to make lots of normal attacks because normal attacks are a major part of a character's damage profile, not because you're using Yunjin. Yunjin is at her best when she's on a team with someone who already wanted to make tons of normal attacks regardless.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just going for some 4* constellations, since I don't have to worry about getting YaoYao at all.

(40) Rosaria C3 Sacrificial Fragments (50) Favonius Greatsword (60) Kujou Sara C4 Rainslasher (70) Sayu C4 (80) Ayato C0 Favonius Spear

So that's 3 in a row that I've won. God, it's going to take me till September to finally C6 Sayu and Kojou Sara.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I now have my C2 Raiden Shogun and now things are being deleted even faster.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Eimi posted:

Shame about his kit. Same with Candace.

Candace is good in quickblooms :smith:
She's a burst infusion on-fielder, whose infusion doesn't end when she swaps, letting you use all your team's skills when you want. And for most teams, you can even keep using her infusion off-field anyway...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still don't know what team comp Candace wants. I have her built up, because I build up all of my characters, but I don't knoww hat team comp she contributes to. Not, "is better than another character in the same slot". but really contributes to in a meaningful way. The only one I have is pairing with XQ where XQ is the driver of the attacks on the team. Increases the DPS and turns XQ from the Omega Hydro applier to Omega +1.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If her infusion works the same way as Chongyun's infusion it's going to be in a hyperbloom team where you have at least two characters you swap between to do N1Cs. You do N1Cs so on each swap you apply 1U of hydro twice with the attacks on top of her waves on switching. Something like Zhongli/Candace/Kuki or Raiden/DMC or Collie or Nahida. Rotation would be something like Zhongli hold E, Raiden E, Nahida E Q, Candace E Q N1C, Zhongli N1C, Raiden N1C, Candace N1C and so on. I don't have Candace so I can't test to see how this works but my guess is it's fine.

Edit: Forgot to add you can only do N1C with polearm characters as most sword and claymore user's normal and charge attacks share internal cooldown.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 9, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
We will surely understand Candace in Fontaine, maybe.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The kinda team comp Candace wants is QUICKBLOOM:

When you react dendro with electro you create a QUICKEN aura. Attacking an enemy with a quicken aura allows you to trigger spreads and aggravates, boosting your dendro/electro damage (this is basic stuff). However, the Quicken aura, also counts as a type of dendro aura! If you hit it with hydro, it will create a bloom seed. "Quickbloom" is a team archetype where the goal is to maintain a quicken aura, while adding just enough hydro to create a decent amount of blooms. For this to work, you actually want the hydro application to be KINDA lovely, because too much hydro app (from someone like Xingqiu, for example) will get rid of your quicken aura.

Examples:

F2PBTW: Candace/Shinobu/DMC/Beidou: A flexible quickswap team. Usually Candace is the driver, but the nature of her burst means that you can switch to any character and use their skills on cooldown while still making blooms. Fav on Candace and DMC makes this team surprisingly high-energy, and 2 freely available counter skills, a healer, and a shield make it surprisingly safe.

Onfield electro: Cyno/Yelan/Nahida/Shinobu: you do your setup then you use the cyno burst and do cyno stuff. Hypercarries :effort:

Onfield dendro: Nahida/Xingqiu/Raiden/Beidou: Onfield Nahida's overpowering dendro app in a 2 electro team means you can use Xingqiu just fine while maintaining decent Quicken uptime. Double damage resistance, XQ swords, and Beidou's shield means you don't need a healer, though you can use proto amber Nahida if you're a weenie.

Not so F2P quickswap: Miko/Nahida/Kokomi/whatever: They do most of their stuff off-field and they're all catalysts so you can do whatever you want. But what you usually want, is to manually trigger blooms with Miko's AoE normals. The last unit can be anyone, but high EM anemos can aggravate and pop cores too, btw.

Thank you for joining us for today's intermediate-level seminar on dendro teams. Join us next time for: double EM anemo+dendro teams! Including: Dori's only good team! (Nahida/Kazuha/Venti/Dori) And, a Bennett team that will kill you! (Nahida/Kazuha/Venti/Bennett). Please don't look forward to it, I'm not actually gonna make the post.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It's fun to let keqing do a solo electrocharge. Or have nilou keep doing hydro damage, while you wait a few seconds for her skill to come back.

Might also make for a mildly amusing hutao self-vape, who knows.

Candace is also handy as your 'hydro who can break rocks, eventually."

All very important and useful uses for everyone's dear friend-mom, candace.

e. actually the hutao thing would probably work sorta okay for diluc, since he's swapping between skill and na, and that shouldn't overwrite the infusion unless you use his burst. Pretty sure candace also gives you a boost to elemental damage or something, i'm sure he'd appreciate that.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 8, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

4 pyro apps every 12 seconds isn't really where Diluc wants to be 😞

Edit: Whaddya mean you can't italizize emojis anymore. Literally 1984 🤬

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 8, 2023

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i wonder if candace would be any good with alhaitham

...i mean, im not gonna be testing it, i have yelan, but yknow :v:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

MoonCrab posted:

Thank you for joining us for today's intermediate-level seminar on dendro teams. Join us next time for: double EM anemo+dendro teams! Including: Dori's only good team! (Nahida/Kazuha/Venti/Dori) And, a Bennett team that will kill you! (Nahida/Kazuha/Venti/Bennett). Please don't look forward to it, I'm not actually gonna make the post.

Dori's been working out okay for me as a healer for Sucrose/Fischl/Nahida. Nahida puts out so much Dendro that if I add another element, and sometimes just without extra electro application, Fischl cannot keep up with Nahida and Sucrose, and Sucrose winds up with no electro to swirl.

Actually I just remembered I haven't either gotten Dori a good Tenacity Of The Milileth or Nahida a good Guilded Dreams set yet. That would probably be an improvement.
(So would Shinobu probably but I don't have her.
Or onfielding Nahida instead of Sucrose, but that is not happening.)

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
welp, i’ve done it. it took three constellations, multiple 50+cv artifacts and a triple crown, but wanderer… is my second highest dps unit after a power gap between him and dendro+melt ganyu

tale as old as time

MoonCrab posted:

QUICKBLOOM:

thank you so much for explaining this. as a cyno apologist, i was always confused as far as what the gently caress quickbloom even was in practice

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm a cyno apologist with C2R1. Quickbloom is nice but isnt as good as it sounds because you still need to re-do the 0 damage quicken reaction every time hydro application happens before you can aggravate again. So it will almost always get outdamaged by just running more hydro to bloom more. Its a fun way to feel good about units like Barbara but a C0R0 cyno is better off not worrying about quickbloom and just running dragons bane+xingqiu.

BTW fun fact: C0R1 cyno's best hat is EM hat.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 9, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MNSNTZR posted:

welp, i’ve done it. it took three constellations, multiple 50+cv artifacts and a triple crown, but wanderer… is my second highest dps unit after a power gap between him and dendro+melt ganyu

Congratulations on having the willpower to save up that many of the new boss materials. I've been using them up as fast as I'v been getting them.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

I'm a cyno apologist with C2R1. Quickbloom is nice but isnt as good as it sounds because you still need to re-do the 0 damage quicken reaction every time hydro application happens before you can aggravate again. So it will almost always get outdamaged by just running more hydro to bloom more. Its a fun way to feel good about units like Barbara but a C0R0 cyno is better off not worrying about quickbloom and just running dragons bane+xingqiu.

BTW fun fact: C0R1 cyno's best hat is EM hat.

c1r1 and it’s been a braindead aggravate team for me. sustained dps just doesn’t feel as good when burst scarazan+bennett is just shy of a 1m nuke. but cyno’s burst is the most fun out of everyone’s, and that’s what keeps me coming back

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Congratulations on having the willpower to save up that many of the new boss materials. I've been using them up as fast as I'v been getting them.

don’t worry, it’s hosed me over on a couple of occasions where i couldn’t decide between him and faruzan. plus i’m plum out of dream solvent!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sounds like the Honkai scene is having a real normal one in the last week. Something about some people possibly hating some specific pose the new beta Kiana HoTF had only a week ago only to hate it seemingly being removed in the latest beta or something and now SUPER wanting that pose nobody seemed to like only a week ago put back in? :confused: Mostly it just seems like the global player base is mad that they didn't get to influence something, but the Chinese fanbase possibly did and whatever is happening with the game and the new version of Kiana is secondary to the perceived struggle between regions communities that never actually talk directly to one another anyway and just seem to make wild assumptions and generalizations on what the other group thinks or wants when the reality is they probably have more in common than they think if they were actually able or willing to communicate directly.

This Mihoyo stuff got to big for it's britches in the last year or so maybe without bringing the massive community it now has closer together. Maybe they should do more to try to bring the disparate groups in China and abroad a little closer to the same page, but I don't really know how they should do that.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Ok now you're just posting stupid gossip about games this thread isn't even about.

Kale
May 14, 2010

haypliss posted:

Ok now you're just posting stupid gossip about games this thread isn't even about.

a) There is no Honkai Impact thread so this one occasionally gets used as a general to talk about some goings on with it.
b) Nobody is obligating you to respond to the limited Honkai stuff gossip/speculation/theorizing or otherwise
c) There's a reasonably good chance that everything Hoyoverse has come up with is connected via a multi-verse grounded by the Imaginary tree/Irminsul anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJaGQr8OX48&t=40s So while the two games don't entirely concern one another at this point there's a chance at some point they do.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You're also not obligated to post the inane complaints people have about games on other sites, so what? Just add me to the chorus of people who find your posting habit insufferable and move on with your justifications I guess.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Kale posted:

a) There is no Honkai Impact thread so this one occasionally gets used as a general to talk about some goings on with it.

You'd probably get a lot less backlash if you started a thread for Honkai, or even found a thread dedicated to fandom drama... though I'm not sure whether that would be difficult, since the rules thread for Video Games does have a rule against importing offsite drama.

You probably want to avoid the Game Industry News thread, either way. Looks like it is more heavily moderated than this one from the OP.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I like talking about honkai here occasionally :unsmith:

Not big on gossiping about the latest twitter/reddit/NGA drama though...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Not big on gossiping about the latest twitter/reddit/NGA drama though...

:same:

Quit dragging in the poo from the other social networks. Every single one of us can go to reddit or twitter and read the latest garbaged spewed by some anonymous idiot

I come here to read the idiocy posted by goons for goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
To be clear I don't think some Honkai posting about playing it or the game mechanics or story is like a crime against this thread, and I do just scroll past it. ZZZ and SR can take this immunity too. I know there was some recent stuff showing off like a new HI trio character that seemed fine despite getting pulled into this drama by the end. It's just taking the already tiresome drama posting that happens about Genshin and also applying it to a game that isn't even the main thread topic is like a second order of magnitude to bad posting.

Anyway for some on topic content, that leak roster that dropped now being clarified to likely include characters from Mondstadt as part of a Mondstadt expansion is probably what has me most excited. Even if Varka is still but a dream...