Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GloomMouse posted:

How cruel to give the clown child a Copy move with a chance to miss. at least make it so if you do get the copy you get a free action to use it. or something

EDIT: also cruel to give the shaman lightning ult a chance to miss targets, and a fairly large chance to miss it seems

The second one is disgustingly powerful fwiw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thanks, Natural 20! Your strat was just what I needed, worked like a charm.

...in fact it was so disgusting I'm not sure if I'll try it again, specially since I promoted Ezana for her ult.

Hilariously, the biggest help besides Corentin's Glacial Moon Spam was Piccoleta, her decoy constantly soaked hits and she could renew it thanks to Medina Cross.

Now onto what I think it's the game's final map, once I've grinded my units to lv 30. I heard NG+ keeps increasing the level curve so it will still be difficult?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Thanks, Natural 20! Your strat was just what I needed, worked like a charm.

...in fact it was so disgusting I'm not sure if I'll try it again, specially since I promoted Ezana for her ult.

Hilariously, the biggest help besides Corentin's Glacial Moon Spam was Piccoleta, her decoy constantly soaked hits and she could renew it thanks to Medina Cross.

Now onto what I think it's the game's final map, once I've grinded my units to lv 30. I heard NG+ keeps increasing the level curve so it will still be difficult?

Yeah death ball or Ezana spam is so cheap I feel bad doing it. It’s why I don’t use one of the final units to his potential cause he’s broken as poo poo (and I’m also not galaxy-brained).

The level curve will get to 50 by the end of your 2nd game, but I’d argue it stays the same or even gets easier as you’re unlocking the final bits of each characters tool kit making them full.

Like Ice Wall makes Corentin good enough but glacial moon and more importantly TP on Ice is what makes him the real deal.

Tp on ice was actually a feature in the demo and it dramatically changed what you could do in the chap 7 maps at that point. I think they realized it and made it a far higher level to get.

Anyway don’t grind. I’d suggest you try the maps. You lose nothing when you lose and you get to keep all the experience. It’s a sort of grinding but it’ll show you the map and AI so you can better see how you want to play it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Anyway don’t grind. I’d suggest you try the maps. You lose nothing when you lose and you get to keep all the experience. It’s a sort of grinding but it’ll show you the map and AI so you can better see how you want to play it.

By grinding I mean "do the latest mock battle, try to get people to its level cap if possible, maybe get some money for new accessories" fyi. But thanks for the info as well, though I heard the first map of NG+ is slightly hard because you have to use the starting characters and can't level yet.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Speaking of mock battles, I was always too reluctant to check--do consumables used in mock battles get actually used? Is Serenoa's imagination that powerful?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Did the Chapter 7 battle against Azlora without using the traps! I ran the last mock battle a few times to get everyone to 10 or 11, and it was a long, tough fight but felt really good to win! I started everyone holding the left steps, and used Ice Wall to slow Azlora's initial run up the steps to the middle, and then again to hold off the second reinforcements, and I had my party just hold the middle section after clearing the archers off the rooftops and killing the mages. Really touch and go for a bit, a lot of the reinforcements would spawn and I'd just be like, well, that's a problem for 3 turns from now, and I was surprised when I realized I was eventually fighting off the last of them. Didn't lose anyone until late, when Azlora managed to get behind Hossabara and comboed her into a Shieldfucker, and then again when she slipped past everyone and one-shot Geela, but fortunately I didn't need much more healing after that. Burned through like a dozen assorted Healing Pellets over the course of the fight haha.

Is the lightning/wind shaman worth using? I've already put some resources into leveling Fredericka and Corentin.
And is Julio the better buff guy over Benedict? I like Benedict's buffs better but he's garbage at actually hitting things with his stick.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I went through my first run pretty blind and knew there was probably some kind of award for not using those traps vs Avlora.

I used that Shaman quite a bit, lightning does good damage and the disable it does can be very useful.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Phenotype posted:

Did the Chapter 7 battle against Azlora without using the traps! I ran the last mock battle a few times to get everyone to 10 or 11, and it was a long, tough fight but felt really good to win! I started everyone holding the left steps, and used Ice Wall to slow Azlora's initial run up the steps to the middle, and then again to hold off the second reinforcements, and I had my party just hold the middle section after clearing the archers off the rooftops and killing the mages. Really touch and go for a bit, a lot of the reinforcements would spawn and I'd just be like, well, that's a problem for 3 turns from now, and I was surprised when I realized I was eventually fighting off the last of them. Didn't lose anyone until late, when Azlora managed to get behind Hossabara and comboed her into a Shieldfucker, and then again when she slipped past everyone and one-shot Geela, but fortunately I didn't need much more healing after that. Burned through like a dozen assorted Healing Pellets over the course of the fight haha.

Is the lightning/wind shaman worth using? I've already put some resources into leveling Fredericka and Corentin.
And is Julio the better buff guy over Benedict? I like Benedict's buffs better but he's garbage at actually hitting things with his stick.

I’m not huge on Ezana. On maps with water she is invaluable, but being single target she isn’t quite as effective as the others and rain isn’t as reliable as you’d like, even though it brings some utility to a late game unit. Keep in mind rain makes Fred actually weaker. She has a niche like everyone but she’s not an all rounder like the others. Note her final skill is scary powerful and breaks fights wide open.

Julio is better not as a buffer but is called a battery cause he gives tp.. Ben’s buffs lose out in utility over time but he does get better but costly moves eventually . Julio is a far better attacker but you’ll rarely have him do that rather he’ll be feeding tp to people who are stronger ie mages. Ben does have astonishingly high defense and can semi tank eventually. Personally I almost never used Ben but it’s clear that he can do stuff.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, so the next map wasn't too bad even if I had a few loses, so now I'm at the final chapter.

Checking it out Idore is the only offensive mage in the map and even with his ridiculous range I guess bringing multiple tanks might be a good idea? Corentin of course to Glacial Moon the hill, the usual TP batteries and Hughette to harass?

Also, who would be a good final class T3 character? Since I got a medal last map.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

For T3 if you haven't done Geela, her, assuming you've done the tanks. Next I'd check to see what characters you use the most. If they have good offensive final skill like Hughette or the Dodge Tank, it doesn't hurt to give them that edge. If they don't, consider how much you like using them. The thing about T3, is you get skills but there stats also seriously go high, so it's always good.

My strategy for that map was like you said, but I bogged the enemy down on the bridge. Ice wall and tanks with general other ice, really slows them down. There's a character who can attack depending on terrain that is good on such a linear thing. I also had a few healers to save the Roselle has they pass because they do not have good AI. Consider Quietus warping them. Hughette takes the high ground above the water fall, blinding any immediate risks to her and then harassing and staying out of range. I actually sent Roland and Maxwell maybe Hossabara, but I don't think so, speeding across the bridge around the far side to then pincer the enemy by the end game. It also helps as you get enemy reinforcements in all the wrong places. Still the idea is to choke them on the bridge and then force them back.

That was my first ending... I should replay it now that I have a full cast!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Phenotype posted:

Ezana is very very powerful.

Mostly you advantage yourself by having one AoE mage, so Freddy or Corentin and one lightning mage, since the single target from lightning is stronger than the single target the other two offer because of the paralysis chance.

And her ult is disgusting.

Julio and Benedict as posted above don't compete. Benedict alters turn order which is tremendously strong and Julio fuels TP, which is also incredibly strong.

Okay, so the next map wasn't too bad even if I had a few loses, so now I'm at the final chapter.

Checking it out Idore is the only offensive mage in the map and even with his ridiculous range I guess bringing multiple tanks might be a good idea? Corentin of course to Glacial Moon the hill, the usual TP batteries and Hughette to harass?

Also, who would be a good final class T3 character? Since I got a medal last map.

ngl I just bumrushed the boss with everyone turn 1 and killed him.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hearing a lot of mage talk with no mention of NARVE, the best character in the game. :colbert: Probably my third or fourth final level promo, he's sickeningly good.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Ezana is very very powerful.

Mostly you advantage yourself by having one AoE mage, so Freddy or Corentin and one lightning mage, since the single target from lightning is stronger than the single target the other two offer because of the paralysis chance.

And her ult is disgusting.

Julio and Benedict as posted above don't compete. Benedict alters turn order which is tremendously strong and Julio fuels TP, which is also incredibly strong.

Hmm... How many people do I need to keep at a high level? I assume I'm stuck with Serenoa and Roland for most of the campaign battles because of their place in the story, and then I get to bring what, 6-8 more characters? I'm just trying to narrow it down to like, 2 mages, buff guy, hawk archer, tank, healer, rogue, wildcard, yknow? I dunno how I'd fit both Julio and Benedict in a party without losing another important role. I've been using Hossabara as that last spot -- she doesn't seem to show up on the "Best Triangle Strategy Characters" lists that I see, but I've found her really useful as a decent attacker that can AOE a row of enemies or group heal in a pinch.

Speaking of which, I haven't been spoiled on much, but I did read that there's a "Golden Path" that expects me to have like all the characters to win. Is that doable on my first playthrough, or should I not try for it? I'm only playing on Normal, not Hard.

Poque posted:

Hearing a lot of mage talk with no mention of NARVE, the best character in the game. :colbert: Probably my third or fourth final level promo, he's sickeningly good.

gently caress, that guy? Really?? It doesn't feel right not to use my pink-haired anime waifu, and I'm growing to really like Corentin with his Ice Wall. I just don't know how to choose!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Phenotype posted:

Hmm... How many people do I need to keep at a high level? I assume I'm stuck with Serenoa and Roland for most of the campaign battles because of their place in the story, and then I get to bring what, 6-8 more characters? I'm just trying to narrow it down to like, 2 mages, buff guy, hawk archer, tank, healer, rogue, wildcard, yknow? I dunno how I'd fit both Julio and Benedict in a party without losing another important role. I've been using Hossabara as that last spot -- she doesn't seem to show up on the "Best Triangle Strategy Characters" lists that I see, but I've found her really useful as a decent attacker that can AOE a row of enemies or group heal in a pinch.

Speaking of which, I haven't been spoiled on much, but I did read that there's a "Golden Path" that expects me to have like all the characters to win. Is that doable on my first playthrough, or should I not try for it? I'm only playing on Normal, not Hard.

gently caress, that guy? Really?? It doesn't feel right not to use my pink-haired anime waifu, and I'm growing to really like Corentin with his Ice Wall. I just don't know how to choose!

So catchup experience is *huge* in this game. It makes sense to just rotate people around so that everyone is getting a turn. It keeps the game fresh because you've got new characters each time and can have fun experimenting with abilities. Like broadly, take pieces that you really need to make the mission easy in slots 1-5 and then take your underleveled characters in slots 6-10 and you'll have fun.

The Golden route is achievable and beatable in the first run through. But almost everyone I know who has played this game has had at least two runs. I would strongly advise you make choices with your heart now and then pick out the golden route specifically in your second run.

Hossabara is considered to somewhat difficult to use. Her healing has limited range and she cant heal herself, so it's difficult to position her as a primary healer over Geela/Medina. She serves better as a tank, but her healing moves mean that she's got a less diverse offensive moveset than most other frontliners, which can sometimes make it difficult to find damage or positioning on her.

She gets much better once she upgrades because her later abilities give her a niche that isn't apparent to begin with.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's what multiple playthroughs are for!

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I’m not huge on Ezana. On maps with water she is invaluable, but being single target she isn’t quite as effective as the others and rain isn’t as reliable as you’d like, even though it brings some utility to a late game unit. Keep in mind rain makes Fred actually weaker. She has a niche like everyone but she’s not an all rounder like the others. Note her final skill is scary powerful and breaks fights wide open.

Hey now, she has the wind spells too. They're awkward with their close range targeting but you can do some funny things with spinning units around.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really like hossabara for knockback. she's not the only one with knockback of course, but she can keep it up every round and is very mobile. relying on her for healing, tanking or damage doesn't work so well.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

If you have them Maxwell gets probably the biggest boost as a tier three unit as they have one of the 5 TP weapon skills and I believe the auto revive passive unlocks at tier 3 as well.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

dude789 posted:

If you have them Maxwell gets probably the biggest boost as a tier three unit as they have one of the 5 TP weapon skills and I believe the auto revive passive unlocks at tier 3 as well.

Yeah, got them, but he would need to level on the map itself, since it is on the reccomended level and there are not any new mock combats to level.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poque posted:

Narve, especially when his range gets upgraded gets a disgusting wind attack. It's great. He's a great pseudo-healer, but like with any mage needs serious TP support otherwise he drops in usefulness. I do like him a lot though and when you need a little bit of all magic, or as back-up to the others he's excellent.

Obligatum VII posted:

Hey now, she has the wind spells too. They're awkward with their close range targeting but you can do some funny things with spinning units around.

True but Narve is the real wind mage. Plus range and wind spell can hit tons of units and send enemy healers into a frenzy of not knowing what to heal.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i really like hossabara for knockback. she's not the only one with knockback of course, but she can keep it up every round and is very mobile. relying on her for healing, tanking or damage doesn't work so well.

Woah damage yes. She ends up being one of the strongest characters in the game. Hossabara can HIT. Tanks better than some too but she's really meant to be paired with other mobile units and then beat them up. Knockback is also stupid useful in the right places. She can't heal though and giving her that was hugely deceptive. Before the unit better suited to that NO Tp but more strength item, I often gave it to her as her skills are a bit mediocre aside from push, and she benefits from big stats.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Cleared my first route! Turns out bumrushing the boss was indeed a valid strat even on NG lol. And Serenoa got the kill even if it was mutual in the end. Poor Frederica...

Now I guess I'll do the opposite choices in NG+, which will probably be a more Aesfrost sided run. Then I'll do the opposite choices of a golden run on the Hyzante ending and then it's Golden Run.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cleared my first route! Turns out bumrushing the boss was indeed a valid strat even on NG lol. And Serenoa got the kill even if it was mutual in the end. Poor Frederica...

Now I guess I'll do the opposite choices in NG+, which will probably be a more Aesfrost sided run. Then I'll do the opposite choices of a golden run on the Hyzante ending and then it's Golden Run.

Yes! Go for it, getting the whole cast is great and this game is great. If you haven't checked what the Golden Run requires doe so, so you can avoid that and not double up. I got lucky my first time and managed to avoid it for the most part.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Yeah I did my first playthrough blind and ended up doubling up a bit as a result. Didn't want to do 5 playthroughs to get everyone so settled for just doing 3. Skipped Trish+Travis and Roland's Route but I think I got enough out of it doing everything else. Very good game. Definitely up there with TO and FFT.

Though in hindsight, I don't regret picking the golden route option in that chapter the first time since at least you get a very good unit for doing so. Having Milo available for most of my playthroughs was great. She's just generally very strong and if a map plays to her strengths she can trivialize a lot. Like that mine battle with the explosives for one.

Still, it would have been nice if the "story" recruits were a bit more spread out through the game. Maybe a couple of the conviction recruits could have been made into path specific ones in the mid-game or something. But that's a minor nitpick.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 8, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sadly I wanna get all characters in 4 playthroughs in case I get tired so Milo will have to wait a long while. And honestly everyone but Travis and the C3 Aesfrost recruit will have to wait since besides my 3 missing conviction chars everyone I can rexruit is 1 per playthrough.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Biggest problem is paralysis on who to give upgrades. I upgraded Hughette for more damage but idk which debuff to increase duration, and I have to decide between Benedic, the shaman and the barlady for a weapon upgrade...

This is from a while back but just give upgrades to characters you enjoy playing with. I got archibald kind of early and went ham on his upgrades much to the detriment of the rest of my party. :angel:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Okay, the plot is annoying the poo poo out of me and it's getting worse and not better.

I was biting my tongue with how easily the (apparently enormous) Aesfrost army just appeared out of nowhere and rolled over Glenbrook, and how they were then expected to just roll over Wolffort right afterwards, and there were no warnings or help from the other houses or anything (even Lord Falkes is just like "omg we should do something!" for like three different scenes and then dies impotently), but okay, I dunno how logistics work in this place, fine, it's an RPG, I'll deal with it.

But man, I just got to the Roselle village and Benedict hears a vague Roselle blessing and just kinda goldblums his way into figuring out there's something hidden in the village (and of course he's right) and they're like "it's a crystal... of salt? A salt...crystal?" and what the gently caress man, what are the Roselle mining, then? They've just got a whole giant heap full of pourable table salt under the earth that doesn't ever come in large crystal form? And then oh wow, this is going to shatter the Holy State's religion, and Benedict's just like "we'll tell them about the salt crystal and make them fight for us (huh?? how does one thing follow from the other??)" and sure enough it seems to have worked and not kicked off a civil war or gotten us executed for heresy or anything. Even though the obvious thing for them to do, since they've already got a giant army surrounding the Roselle village, is just to burn us all alive to make sure no one ever knows about the salt crystal (which doesn't even seem to occur to Benedict) and it's like the last couple hours require everyone (including the world itself) to be kind of an idiot.

Aaagh, I dunno if I'm just being picky. It just feels like people are making decisions kind of at random, because that's where the plot needs to go rather than what makes sense. But cmon, especially after what we've seen of Hyzante and Ende, no one even CONSIDERS that the possibly-corrupt leaders of the execution-happy slave-holding religious cult might react poorly to hearing their religion is false? I still got a ways to go, I guess, so we'll have to see how this shakes out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I... think you've missed something very important with the salt.

The only source of salt in this world up until this point was the lake in the middle of Hyzante. The Roselle weren't mining it for them, they were removing it from the water. Since the lake is entirely within Hyzante's territory they had a complete and total monopoly on it.

The fact that salt also occurs in crystal form underneath the earth is something that literally no one knew until Dragan discovered it, aside from Roselle legends that were discounted. This completely shatter's Hyzante's monopoly and gives whoever holds the mine incredible power.

The other thing you've missed is that the salt crystal is evidence yes, but Aesfrost already knows about and controls the mine. Hyzante can't just make it disappear by destroying you.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

I... think you've missed something very important with the salt.

The only source of salt in this world up until this point was the lake in the middle of Hyzante. The Roselle weren't mining it for them, they were removing it from the water. Since the lake is entirely within Hyzante's territory they had a complete and total monopoly on it.

The fact that salt also occurs in crystal form underneath the earth is something that literally no one knew until Dragan discovered it, aside from Roselle legends that were discounted. This completely shatter's Hyzante's monopoly and gives whoever holds the mine incredible power.

The other thing you've missed is that the salt crystal is evidence yes, but Aesfrost already knows about and controls the mine. Hyzante can't just make it disappear by destroying you.

Technically Dragan's discovery in the mines is still a mystery at that point, but if you haven't put two and two together by then I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

Technically Dragan's discovery in the mines is still a mystery at that point, but if you haven't put two and two together by then I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Oh you're right but yeah that's definitely where the player is supposed to figure it out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
triangle strategy 2 idea: this time its pepper

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dr pepper and doritos

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Should be the other white powder that can make nations rise and fall that people will stop at nothing to get a hold of: cocaine

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Yeah apparently in Triangle strategy a huge castle can just be steamrolled in a day.

Also no one learned to turn salt into soy sauce which has about 6x sodium.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally reached Chapter 5 in NG+, which should let me see my conviction values... and lmao, I already got enough for both Morality and Liberty final characters and only 50 points away from Utility.

Decimal looks like a good boy who would have been very useful on Frederica's final map, and Giovanna... looks bad, barely any height on attacks and has a lot of conditions, her attacks should have just changed based on terrain. Also saw the Utility character and it sounds broken af, time mage ftw.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Finally reached Chapter 5 in NG+, which should let me see my conviction values... and lmao, I already got enough for both Morality and Liberty final characters and only 50 points away from Utility.

Decimal looks like a good boy who would have been very useful on Frederica's final map, and Giovanna... looks bad, barely any height on attacks and has a lot of conditions, her attacks should have just changed based on terrain. Also saw the Utility character and it sounds broken af, time mage ftw.

Both of those characters you mentioned are indeed broken and only left my party when I wanted an actual challenge.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Phenotype posted:

Okay, the plot is annoying the poo poo out of me and it's getting worse and not better.

But man, I just got to the Roselle village and Benedict hears a vague Roselle blessing and just kinda goldblums his way into figuring out there's something hidden in the village (and of course he's right)

Let me walk you through Benedict's thought process.

He's thinking:
Seranoa made the righteous choice. Now I have to pull a rabbit out of my hat or we're all dead.
Isidore hates the Roselle so bad that he would have broken the treaty to genocide them, but for some reason they're still around.
They must have some sort of blackmail material that stopped him from killing them, but what?
It's nonHyzante salt, it's got to be salt. (Because otherwise we're hosed.)
I have a much more effective propaganda distribution network then the Roselle, so if it is salt, then we could blackmail an entire country into obeying us so we don't destroy their national religion.

All of these things are implicit in Bendict's actions in that chapter, but it never cuts away to a soliloquy where he explains it.

Edit:

I should add that if you don't find the crystal before ending that scene you just get a game over screen in the next chapter. Hyzante just slaughters everyone in the entire demesne.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 10, 2023

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

The utility character is the most wildly broken unit in the game and it's not even close.

Well, Medina is like a *little* close.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Natural 20 posted:

The utility character is the most wildly broken unit in the game and it's not even close.

Well, Medina is like a *little* close.

I mean Medina can't restore 2TP to everyone at the start, or let Ezana have 100% Acc on her Ult, or trap the enemies in a timeloop that lets you kill one and then loop to kill another and then loop to kill another and then

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I mean Medina can't restore 2TP to everyone at the start, or let Ezana have 100% Acc on her Ult, or trap the enemies in a timeloop that lets you kill one and then loop to kill another and then loop to kill another and then

It's more that the biggest and filthiest combos in the game come from combining the two of them as opposed to running one alone.

Both are pivotal enough alone that if you use them properly a map will end.

Also to flex, because I have a ridiculous ego, I am the one who discovered the Ezana combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yep.

Decimal is great but does gently caress games up where you just need to hold a position. Abuse it. It doesn't quite feel as cheap as Quahog though. That fucker... I don't understand quite everything with him, but the few times I've taken him out it's just been ridiculous. People have already spelled out in what ways he's broken. He requires a bit of set-up to really get going, but even just using him as a regular character and avoiding some of his galaxy-brained combos still makes him ridiculous. He's an effective healer, has a very strong spell, and warping characters is incredibly useful.

As for Giovanna, I think I'm one of the few people who really likes her. I think she's tons of fun to use. On maps where she can work, flat maps with geography, she's rather ridiculous and you can get an easy spell pairing her with Corentin. But aside from that I just like making her run with horse characters, triggering rain, and making her a pseudo-healer who hits harder than you'd expect. Paired with the strength of Roland and Hossabara, they work as a very effective strike team. Still, I know she's not great, but I think she's cool.