Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Francine's continual decline in the background is such a great plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The best twist on it is that she's kinda owning it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nichael posted:

Francine's continual decline in the background is such a great plot.

https://youtu.be/OtxCf7UR5T8

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Neeksy posted:

A random bit they did and then dropped were the Squirrel movie parodies, they only did it a couple times. What's Eating Gilbert Grape and i think All the President's Men if i recall correctly.

Just Gilbet Grape, the other one was just a generic political thriller, nothing specific.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I finished the first season of Peacemaker, and went to read up on it, and discovered that Eagly, Peacemaker's pet eagle, is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker, who is also the voice of Klaus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_RQxsqfDI

Dude's got range!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

He also voices Murf and a ton of bit parts in Star Trek Prodigy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dee Bradley Baker is in everything. He's probably one of the most gifted voice actors in the business, and American Dad doesn't really show his range that well.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Nichael posted:

Dee Bradley Baker is in everything. He's probably one of the most gifted voice actors in the business, and American Dad doesn't really show his range that well.

honestly it does, he voices a fuckton of the random characters and people throughout each episode.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Neeksy posted:

honestly it does, he voices a fuckton of the random characters and people throughout each episode.

Ah yeah, as I typed that I wasn't sure if he does random characters or not.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

My favorite Baker non-Klaus chatacter is the narrator when Stan and Francine were stranded on an island and lost their memories.

Good ole Sex Island where no sex happened.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I finished the first season of Peacemaker, and went to read up on it, and discovered that Eagly, Peacemaker's pet eagle, is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker, who is also the voice of Klaus.

When Klaus was in Hellboy he was voiced by MacFarlane.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Milo and POTUS posted:

Klaus is so supportive!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He takes his job of emotional support animal VERY seriously.

In all fairness, he & Roger HAVE hosed...a lot. I can't imagine Klaus wouldn't find Roger physically attractive, even if they're friends without benefits these days.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MikusR posted:

When Klaus was in Hellboy he was voiced by MacFarlane.

Probably because it was fun. German is a super fun accent to gently caress around with. You can be as big a dick as you want and it's always accurate

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, The Grounch was the season finale. :(

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, The Grounch was the season finale. :(

noooooooooooooooo!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Neeksy posted:

noooooooooooooooo!

Sadly couldn't find this gif without the text.

Here's hoping we get good news about the next seasons soon.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

but when will we find out about jeff and barry's project????

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael posted:

but when will we find out about jeff and barry's project????

Also, this whole bit in that episode is such a classic example of the show's humor. It's impossible to explain why it's funny to people, unless they're familiar with the bizarre mechanics of the world. It doesn't sound funny on paper, but the joke never stops being entertaining to me.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So will there be more american dad?

also I miss when they would fight santa

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ups_rail posted:

So will there be more american dad?

also I miss when they would fight santa

There's at least one or two seasons banked, as far as I know, but where they will air or if more will be produced is unknown.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Reports (read: Wikipedia) SAY February ‘23 will have new episodes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nichael posted:

There's at least one or two seasons banked, as far as I know, but where they will air or if more will be produced is unknown.

TBS is committed for two more seasons. Zaslav tried to get out of it but Disney told him to pound sand.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
American Dad will never die.

It'll move to the DuMont Network if need be, but it'll never die.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I imagine once the TBS deal runs through it'll either get picked up by Adult Swim(if they still exist by then) or Disney will gladly make it a Hulu Original series

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
McFarlane hates doing the voice right?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FilthyImp posted:

I do know that recent Family Guy seasons keep doing jokes about how tired Seth is from all the voices he does between both shows, hard to say how much of a basis in reality that has though, especially when that's all he really does anymore on either show(and if it really was such a burden he could just refuse to do the shows anymore once their contracts run through, lord knows he's set for life as it is)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

FilthyImp posted:

He's said it's the toughest one to do.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If something gets difficult with age just have the character get punched in the throat so it sounds different and get close but something easier to do. You don't need to keep hurting yourself. Marge's voice is a war crime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They sometimes do episodes in which Stan and Roger barely appear so we might just get more of that going forward.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just have Patrick Warburton start doing the voice and pretend nothing is different

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drrockso20 posted:

I do know that recent Family Guy seasons keep doing jokes about how tired Seth is from all the voices he does between both shows, hard to say how much of a basis in reality that has though, especially when that's all he really does anymore on either show(and if it really was such a burden he could just refuse to do the shows anymore once their contracts run through, lord knows he's set for life as it is)

They're gonna give stan the toshi treatment and it'll run for 5 more seasons

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

pixaal posted:

If something gets difficult with age just have the character get punched in the throat so it sounds different and get close but something easier to do. You don't need to keep hurting yourself. Marge's voice is a war crime.
The new Animaniacs just sound so tired, I couldn't make it past one episode. Same with modern Simpsons. Everyone on AD sounds as good as ever.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
So American Dad just put out this survey.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1611377053110075393

Hopefully it means they haven't given up on it yet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, I’m going to need a proper computer to write about the season, not just on my phone ‘Gold Top Nuts good’

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You can do essays about each season itt I don't mind

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

No.1 Special posted:

So American Dad just put out this survey.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1611377053110075393

Hopefully it means they haven't given up on it yet.

Good survey but I wish they had called Steve "little glasses guy"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Was watching random episodes airing on adult swim and the one came on where Haley and Steve were hauling lunch meat in a semi for reasons I can't remember. Jeff shakily holding that pistol while the cop was opening up the trailer whispering "please don't make me do this" just killed me. Then after he gets hit by another semi and Jeff shoots randomly out the back and you hear him quietly sobbing "what have I done?". This show is so god damned good.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
How many different ways can I possibly say "American Dad is good, this season was good, and I like the characters & storylines"? That survey was hard.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I like any surveys that let me talk about Francine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I didn't really know what to say except GTN #1