Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Erg posted:

It’s because you posted a full page of dumb ranting op, not because XC2 is a sacred cow

:kstare:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that post is longer than xeno blade 2

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Where the Oracle games at? Sure they were made by Capcom but they count as "major releases" if Link's Awakening does. (Here's hoping they get the same treatment that LA did on the Switch...)

If it follows the trend set by the LA remake where the devs update whats there and not really change anything fundamental, a remake of the Oracle games would be bad, as the core games are also bad. Theyre unbearably bloated and stretch the zelda formula to the absolute breaking point without ever deviating from it. Also the stories and music (that wasn't just directly copied from LA)are bad.

I know people still like the Oracle games, but they're my least favorite in the franchise

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

howlongtobeat puts Post-Christmas Rage: The Chronicles of an Idiot Playing Dumb Games at 60 hours for a first play through, and 93 for 100% completion. Sheesh.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Erg posted:

It’s because you posted a full page of dumb ranting op, not because XC2 is a sacred cow
:lmao:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Erg posted:

:catstare:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Erg posted:

That wasn't dumb, that was awesome! Thanks for quoting all of that, by the way. I'm still really proud of all the dumb puns and jokes I put into there.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Erg posted:

and this is just part 1, it went on for several more posts

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That guy should be compromised to a permanent end.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"goons gonna goon" says person who writes like they're possessed by the ghost of lowtax

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Libluini posted:

That wasn't dumb, that was awesome! Thanks for quoting all of that, by the way. I'm still really proud of all the dumb puns and jokes I put into there.

Ain't nobody reading the dumb puns in that screed

It's longer than the fuckin John Galt speech

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Erg posted:

lmfao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Libluini posted:

narrator: it was dumb

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda. I don't usually hear anyone else say that. A Link Between Words was pretty cool too.

Unrelated to Zelda chat, my news feed has been getting hit hard with "New Nintendo System SOON?!?" lately. All the articles are just clickbait or guessing that there's a new switch coming because they canceled the pro. Is there any reliable info about this or is it all just speculation? I've been considering the OLED switch for a while and don't want to buy one of something new is only a year or so out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Severedseven posted:

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda. I don't usually hear anyone else say that. A Link Between Words was pretty cool too.

Unrelated to Zelda chat, my news feed has been getting hit hard with "New Nintendo System SOON?!?" lately. All the articles are just clickbait or guessing that there's a new switch coming because they canceled the pro. Is there any reliable info about this or is it all just speculation? I've been considering the OLED switch for a while and don't want to buy one of something new is only a year or so out.

they come around every few months and never amount to anything

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Severedseven posted:

Switch 2 clickbait has been happening for years

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Links Awakening best zelda don't @ me

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Oxxidation posted:

they come around every few months and never amount to anything

Yeah but this time Digital Foundry confirmed that the Switch Pro was cancelled so they've moved onto Switch 2 from Switch Pro

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

In documents uncovered by Yahoo News, one devoted fan attempted to explain to Dr. Kaczynski about the internet memes that make use of Industrial Society and its Future. Kacynzski replied, "Thanks for quoting all of that, by the way. I'm still really proud of all the dumb puns and jokes I put into there."

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Links Awakening best zelda don't @ me

I can't really force myself to disagree here, even if I like Breath of the Wild a lot. Link's Awakening just has the nostalgia-bonus going for it, which puts it over the edge for me.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Libluini posted:

I can't really force myself to disagree here, even if I like Breath of the Wild a lot. Link's Awakening just has the nostalgia-bonus going for it, which puts it over the edge for me.

plus it was just crazy in depth for a gameboy game

top 3 gameboy games of all time for me along with mario land 3: wario land and james bond:007

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

not reading that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

That guy should be compromised to a permanent end.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I think the fact that Splatoon 3 was released for Switch instead of being saved as a launch title for Switch 2 is pretty strong evidence that there's no Switch 2 coming in the near future.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't think anybody has ever or will ever read that post.

For the record I think xbc2 is stupid and dumb but jesus that post

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Erg posted:

I read a little bit of this and spontaneously contracted aids

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Severedseven posted:

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda. I don't usually hear anyone else say that.

Mine too. I'm loving old though and first played it when it came out. I was in third grade I think?

My unpopular opinion is that I don't like ocarina of time or majoras mask. Before BotW the only 3d Zelda I could hang with was Wind Waker.

As a poster on these very forums when Wind Waker came out, the sheer amount of vitriol and hatred for "celda" was unreal. I'm glad people love it now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Libluini posted:

It was dumb as poo poo and reads like a 19 year old submitted his audition for writing Cracked articles in 2008.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Severedseven posted:

If they keep printing it every six months they're bound to be right eventually

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

the rat fandom posted:

If it follows the trend set by the LA remake where the devs update whats there and not really change anything fundamental, a remake of the Oracle games would be bad, as the core games are also bad. Theyre unbearably bloated and stretch the zelda formula to the absolute breaking point without ever deviating from it. Also the stories and music (that wasn't just directly copied from LA)are bad.

Nah

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Libluini posted:

It's this; the worst post in this thread.

Congrats.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

if there's one thing i trust goons about, it's being unbearably bloated and stretched to the breaking point

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the oracle games were extremely ftw actually

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Smirking_Serpent posted:

if there's one thing i trust goons about, it's being unbearably bloated and stretched to the breaking point

leave my jorts (where i carry my switch) out of this

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Libluini posted:

But Breath of the Wild is the best game of all time, especially weapon durability is an amazing idea I wish more games would use.

Now I know you’re loving trolling. Weapon durability has never been a great mechanic. There’s a reason it became ever more irrelevant in the Souls games before they just got rid of it.

The only game I’ve ever played with interesting durability implementation is System Shock 2 because there were whole builds you could do to get access to high powered weapons early with enough maintenance/repair stats.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
next Nintendo console will be announced this year as well as a new F-Zero. source: it feels right. will quote this when it comes true.

if it doesn't come true everyone will forget this post and I won't have to answer for anything :angel:

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 9, 2023

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You’ll get a Switch Lite OLED this year and that’s if you’re lucky

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

pentyne posted:

It was dumb as poo poo and reads like a 19 year old submitted his audition for writing Cracked articles in 2008.

This is easily the most savage thing ive read today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

the oracle games were extremely ftw actually

For the weary maybe, which youll be after playing them.