Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s so funny remembering how the simpsons was so goddamn controversial. It wasn’t even the filthiest or most offensive show on at the time, but simpsons became the huge target.

The 90s were funny

The religious conservatives believed that its popularity was a sign that american media would continue to slip down the slope of more and more mature content on television.

To be fair, they ended up being right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
From sounded good to me too but I got big "this is never going to finish satisfyingly" vibes, either from premature cancelation or just never having an end in sight to begin with. Curious to hear from anyone who actually watched the full season

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I had an uber christian friend who's parents wouldn't allow him to watch R rated movies ever and they had to prescreen any movie that was pg13 before they allowed their kids to watch it.
He wasn't allowed to listen to any rap whatsoever( because of the lyrics, not because those people sing it) and videogames of any kind were absolutely forbidden.

So one lunch me and some other friends were talking about the new Adam Sandler cd I got and how hilarious it was. My christian friend begged me to let him borrow it so I brought it a few days later and gave it to him. He tries to sneak it into his house but it fell out of his bag as soon as he got home. His parents made him sit down and listen to the entire thing with them. Just picture a kid who's never seen an R rated movie having to listen to a song about shoving a shampoo bottle up your dickhole at a medium pace with his parents . He told me later his mom started crying at the Tollbooth Willy skit. I think there were also several skits about beating teachers to death.

Later that night there was a knock on the door. They drove over to our house and made him return the cd. His dad told mine he should be careful what filth I listened too. He listened to about 5 minutes, said " what the gently caress is this poo poo" then went right back to watching Law and Order. My friend wasnt allowed to hang out with me for months.

lmao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i aint seen the first two pines

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

That DICK! posted:

Three Pines is just the name of the TV Series, actually. There never was a Two Pines or indeed even a Pine. But I can see where the confusion would arise.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

That DICK! posted:

Marty knocked it over with the car

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I assumed it was a sequel to Twin Peaks

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a prequel to four brothers

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Does that mean it's unrelated to Three Billboards outside this-or-that? How can that beeeeee?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The NCU (Numeric Cinematic Universe)

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
FROM started strong with a good Stephen King small-town-vs-horrors vibe but the wheels start spinning about ep 3 and then it goes to mystery box land. It was the one that made me swear off starting that kind of show before they've finished making it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

S3 flashback episode for Mythic Quest is the only good episode of the season. The rest is a quick read through synopsis.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

now im just thinkin of that music video for the song

CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetW6R9Jxs4

This song came out when I was in college and I got a minor dressing down because I wasn't familiar with it. The person was acting like I said I'd never heard of the Beatles or something.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
that's the song for ytmnds where people don't change facial expressions. it has no other use

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

right as always, vice principal bone

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cubone posted:

that's the song for ytmnds where people don't change facial expressions. it has no other use

It's crazy how much my brain allocates its real estate to ytmnd.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Steve Winwood original still superior :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

priznat posted:

The Steve Winwood original still superior :colbert:

Fun fact: he re-recorded his vocals to better fit the song, when originally approached about getting permission to sample them

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Fun fact: he re-recorded his vocals to better fit the song, when originally approached about getting permission to sample them

Yeah I heard that! Similar to Sting with that P.Diddy song iirc. Sampled hits get them some good $$$

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Mike subscribes to Twitter Blue. :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

POCKET CHOMP posted:

How else is he supposed to get visibility for his Packers tweets?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

POCKET CHOMP posted:

He’s trying to get Shatner to think he’s legit

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Crescent Wrench posted:

This song came out when I was in college and I got a minor dressing down because I wasn't familiar with it. The person was acting like I said I'd never heard of the Beatles or something.

Hadn’t heard of who now?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Edit: nm

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
can someone pick a new hobby for me. i tried virtual racing but i realized i suck rear end

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

can someone pick a new hobby for me. i tried virtual racing but i realized i suck rear end

Eurorack synthesizers :homebrew:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

POCKET CHOMP posted:

lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lol Mike believes in ghosts and subscribes to Twitter blue

He m ight be the most gullible man in Wisconsin

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

That DICK! posted:

You cut Seinfelds pull quote from that img. Very funny. Suggest tracking that one down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8tCqwushM

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

have you considered making youtube videos?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

Learn an instrument or a language

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld did everything he could to ruin Bobcat Goldthwait’s career for mentioning the girlfriend once

“What’s the DEAL with people who have a problem with THIS little number?”

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Sunk Dunk posted:

now im just thinkin of that music video for the song

CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetW6R9Jxs4

I hope somebody realizes that they are taking the piss out of the horrible 80s flop "Perfect" where John Travolta plays a reporter for Rolling Stone who has to infiltrate the hottest aerobics studio in town run by Jamie Lee Curtis.

There's a fan made music video for an Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST04DzjLmpA
which is wonderful. Also the Austin Chronicle ran an event where local comedians Master Pancake Theater riffed it live.

Edit: If I had a say "Perfect" would be the next BotW Spotlight. Truly awful film.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sunk Dunk posted:

i wish i was more attractive like dagless

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Well we had a good run but I don't think anyone thought the thread was going to survive another year. As good a reason as any to shut it down

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

i wish i was more attractive like dagless

Then your new hobby should really be working out and making healthy meals

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kingo Ligma posted:

Learn an instrument or a language

Or learn woodworking and how to make furniture. Furniture is so ridiculously expensive and lovely these days, I wish I could make my own.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

King of the Cosmos posted:

I hope somebody realizes that they are taking the piss out of the horrible 80s flop "Perfect" where John Travolta plays a reporter for Rolling Stone who has to infiltrate the hottest aerobics studio in town run by Jamie Lee Curtis.

There's a fan made music video for an Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST04DzjLmpA
which is wonderful. Also the Austin Chronicle ran an event where local comedians Master Pancake Theater riffed it live.

Edit: If I had a say "Perfect" would be the next BotW Spotlight. Truly awful film.

The Eric Prydz video came out in the mid-2000s (near the tail end of "lad culture" and the days of lad mags like Maxim and Loaded) as just one of several club tunes that all had videos showing off scantily-clad hot women; so TBH, I really don't think they put any thought into the setting beyond it being a flimsy justification for showing off plenty of boobs and butts

E: upon reading a bit further it looks like the video was very much inspired by Perfect, though I couldn't find anything definitive as to whether it was spoof or homage, but yeah they were certainly aware of the movie it seems

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 9, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i forgot to mention it cant be anything that takes skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I really wanna learn reupholstery but not going to bother until our cat who signals displeasure by incontinence is no longer with us.