Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Do the Finns also insist they were victims of Nazi aggression? What’s the deal there?

1991 threw a wrench in it for Bulgaria and Romania, but how Italy has processed fighting on both sides is really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Frosted Flake posted:

Do the Finns also insist they were victims of Nazi aggression? What’s the deal there?

1991 threw a wrench in it for Bulgaria and Romania, but how Italy has processed fighting on both sides is really interesting.

they burned rovaniemi in protest after we peaced dealed out of the war

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
At least the Italian front gave us the Saint John's Air Force

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

to be fair I guess most of old Greece is now like Afghanistan and Italy

The inhabitants of modern day Turkey are ethnically identical to the inhabitants of modern day Greece, who pretend to be descended from the inhabitants of modern day Kazakhstan.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
ATTILA WAS TURK

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

this thread was better when you were allowed to be racist against europeans

the baltic racism ban is so embarassing

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I'll support Ukraine if they produce a musician as good as yegor letov (I won't)

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Baktria is the real jewel of the Hellenic world

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

the baltic racism ban is so embarassing

It's the mushroom guy

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

mama mia! I’m an Estonian!! ohh!!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Endman posted:

mama mia! I’m an Estonian!! ohh!!

is that a kind of dog

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

just googled and f0ound out its a country @_@

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

There's that Finnish SS guy who is maybe the only guy to get his rear end kicked by communists in three different wars in three different national armies

Of course he was a green beret

is he the dude who gets a palette swapped meme ripping off pavlichenko's quote about killing fascists, not men?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'll support ukraine if they all tell me they like my new haircut. they have to all do it though no holdouts. infants are excepted on the condition their caregiver does it on their behalf

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Finns are swamp Hungarians. The English of Hungarians

Hungarians are also Turks.

Tankbuster posted:

ATTILA WAS TURK

Probably not but a lot of the Huns probably were.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
This is still germane to the thread

https://twitter.com/LilG_Cosplay/status/1612182345146335233?t=zKcwEkeS7PDF1qwG47aEog&s=19

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Boring. Come back with some beefcake geralt cosplay

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Boring. Come back with some beefcake geralt cosplay

Netflix already paid way too much money to do that.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

wow, we discovered something more annoying than brooklyn artist!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just googled and f0ound out its a country @_@

hosed up

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

So the US blew up the pipeline a while ago right?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

The Demilich posted:

could have been anyone

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ukraine: we need NATO to send us 500 ciris and 1000 silver swords to replace losses.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/squatsons/status/1612199339866329088

doing the navy seal copypasta bit at some guy in an actual warzone lmao

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Demilich posted:

Russia said it was the British and that they found this out by hacking Liz Truss' phone. I see no reason to doubt this.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

eXXon posted:

Geralt of Kryvyi Rih, Gwynbleidd.

Still makes me lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/squatsons/status/1612199339866329088

doing the navy seal copypasta bit at some guy in an actual warzone lmao

lmao he deleted the posts because the russian was apparently in a completely different city than he though he was

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

Frosted Flake posted:

Separate 1944 peace deal with the soviets included a clause that meant Finnish armed forces would have to push the Germans out of Finnish Lapland. Finnish armed forces of course stalled because of the whole former "co-belligerent" status and then Stalin threatened that he would use soviet forces to finish the fight. It led to the short Lapland war in which nazis used a bit of scorched earth when they retreated.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

Russia said it was the British and that they found this out by hacking Liz Truss' phone. I see no reason to doubt this.

If something blows up mysteriously it's always the Brits. Americans leave behind an easily found trail of discarded burger wrappings and geo-tagged Instagram posts.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Weka posted:

I'd be disappointed if they found out any other way than hacking Truss' phone tbh. That's got to be the easiest password in the world to decipher.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

truss sent putin a "u up" text and attached the wrong image

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lmao he deleted the posts because the russian was apparently in a completely different city than he though he was

I'm not even sure the "rifle" in the video is a sniper. It looks like a LMG to me.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think the guy in the video says it's a RPK.

Anyway the whole theme of the video was about how, slow, tedious, and routine it was.

Edit: https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1612043242509312000

Edit: Do not click the tweet bellow there. That one is definitely "horrors of war" stuff.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 03:37 on Jan 9, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
looks like a PKM/PKP barrel. machineguns have always been honorary sniper whatevers though

Weka
May 5, 2019

Truss sent the information about the pipeline attack to Rostov, which she still believed to be Ukrainian.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cuttlefush posted:

machineguns have always been honorary sniper whatevers though

the middle-click when using an MG42 in Red Orchestra 2 was just a single shot, and yeah, you could snipe with that a lot if you found a good perch

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MG's irl do what snipers do in games

Snipers irl do what unarmed recon units do in games

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Special Unit of Ukrainian Armed Forces "Wolves Da Vinci" started by Dmytro Kotsyubaylo from Right Sector and an honored hero of Ukraine, posing in front of humvees and I guess M777 or whatever guns that NATO is sending them?

https://mobile.twitter.com/anno1540/status/1610411356016218113

I assume this counts as NATO directly arming Nazis but, some of this could be wrong because I only spend like 10 minutes googling this poo poo.

I think they have a few more photos on their telegram or whatever that these were stolen from

Шепот Фронта posted:

ДУК Правый Сектор получил полную комплектацию подразделений из США и Германии...
(from t.me/Tatarinov_R/4370, via tgsa)

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 04:30 on Jan 9, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Tell the men to stand at least 2 metres apart so they take up more room in the photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Nice tiki torches.