Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

one of these people learned how to emote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

daemon targaryen lookin'-rear end

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh so you too did a Google search for *who has the shittiest face"

That joke is so god damned mean it make me laugh when I run that search.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

That show sucked enough rear end without her.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That show sucked enough rear end without her.

it's very mom-friendly

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Felix's reply guys are now a human rights issue

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm imagining Caleb Jacoby going full Kill Bill as cops try to capture him

edit: Just pools of blood pouring out of the M&M store in Manhattan

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Why is there an M&M Store

That's all they sell? loving M&Ms? Absolute poo poo-tier confectionery.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Futanari Damacy posted:

Why is there an M&M Store

That's all they sell? loving M&Ms? Absolute poo poo-tier confectionery.

They also sell plush dolls of the m&m mascots, m&m dispensers, and m&m branded geegaws of every conceivable type

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can i buy a pair of green heels

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Green M&M Fleshlight - $150.00

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Green M&M Fleshlight - $150.00

is it generic or do they get the accurate mold?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://fox4kc.com/news/national/mms-to-offer-all-female-packages-for-a-limited-time/

hell yeah, been waiting for this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

war on dudes

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i'm not gonna listen to the Avatar ep but I was glad to see on letterboxd that Will hated Glass Onion as much as i did

I had a good time with Glass Onion

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KomradeX posted:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Glass Onion is a perfectly serviceable mystery-lite comedy, I think Chapo are reflexively haters of anything that a Hillary voter might potentially enjoy tbh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Wolfsheim posted:

Glass Onion is a perfectly serviceable mystery-lite comedy, I think Chapo are reflexively haters of anything that a Hillary voter might potentially enjoy tbh

It was a fun watch but more importantly I don't think you need to analyze it for libness or whatever, most films are going to be like that anyways. The default chapo response to popular movies is always the most contrarian one.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

i'm glad to see a woman with nuts on my candy bar, i feel so represented

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It was a fun watch but more importantly I don't think you need to analyze it for libness or whatever, most films are going to be like that anyways. The default chapo response to popular movies is always the most contrarian one.

unless its james cameron for some reason. man i cant believe i listened to that whole thing, literally just the one joke over and over. i guess theres a decent bit at the end when matt basically spells out the current political philosophy of the show, which is basically yeah just enjoy your stupid treats while the world burns down

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I remember when they were like the Alamo Drafthouse sucks, its awesome when people hoot and holler through movies.

Their contrian knee jerk is why they jumped on the Avatar train in the first place

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

their avatar take is identical to and was borne out of the exact same impulses that caused thousands of goons to devote years of their lives to defending the prequels, snyder, bay etc.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KomradeX posted:

I didn’t pay attention when it was being watched in front of me cause this guy posted right before:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

if your favorite part of Knives Out was the incredibly hamfisted attempts at social commentary you are going to LOVE Glass Onion

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

glass onion was bad

not sure why but seemed authoritative

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Farm Frenzy posted:

their avatar take is identical to and was borne out of the exact same impulses that caused thousands of goons to devote years of their lives to defending the prequels, snyder, bay etc.

that's right and also important to remember that chapos are goons (whether they had an account or not is irrelevant): we're all listening to 3 goons be goons for 2+ hrs a week.

obviously we're all on somethingawful dot com so we all like goons which is why we like chapo, but just keep yourself grounded as to why

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

I didn’t pay attention when it was being watched in front of me cause this guy posted right before:

Didn't you get probed for posting im QCS during Christmas, who cares what you think?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

i say swears online posted:

daemon targaryen lookin'-rear end

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KomradeX posted:

Didn't you get probed for posting im QCS during Christmas, who cares what you think?

????

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

the hamfisted social commentary was one of my fav things about knives out and actually i did like glass onion. its good for social commentary to be really obvious and crass, if you want it to reach the maximum people.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

KomradeX posted:

Hey, give some respect to the Boxing Day Martyrs

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Jan 9, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KomradeX posted:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

KomradeX posted:

I remember when they were like the Alamo Drafthouse sucks, its awesome when people hoot and holler through movies.

Their contrian knee jerk is why they jumped on the Avatar train in the first place

the corporate alamo drafthouse locations do suck tho

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the probes happened on december 26 not on christmas

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

KomradeX posted:

you ever been in a flame war pal....? im not talkin about your hoity toidy little discord ceremonies or guild tiffs i mean a real flame war.....

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KomradeX posted:

:shrug: apparently someone cares about Uncle’s views

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I watched Avatar for the first time a few days ago, and it seemed inarguably really good to me?

Like, it's kinda wild after so many years of people deriding it to find out that it's just across the board a really strong movie

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

the corporate alamo drafthouse locations do suck tho

They're movie theaters where I dont have to leave my seat to order a beer, it's fine, though the one on Staten Island is the only one I've been to that did something interesting with their theme

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

KomradeX posted:

They're movie theaters where I dont have to leave my seat to order a beer, it's fine, though the one on Staten Island is the only one I've been to that did something interesting with their theme

having a servant tend to you at the movies is weird and off putting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

War and Pieces posted:

I think they're typically called waiters

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

Thats nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

mila kunis posted:

the hamfisted social commentary was one of my fav things about knives out and actually i did like glass onion. its good for social commentary to be really obvious and crass, if you want it to reach the maximum people.

Agreed, it was fun when Daniel Craig said how stupid not-Elon Musk was and how it tripped him up as a genius mystery solver. Subtlety is fine sometimes but didacticism rocks.