Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The whole DRK conversation is kind of confusing to me, given that [DRK 30-50] even in EN, it's made abundantly clear that Fray isn't literally you, but a separate entity that, while sharing a body with you, has a completely separate, if tangentially aligned, agenda. When they're yelling at merchants, that's not the WoL being OOC, any more than the fight against them is you literally trying to commit suicide. The only "evidence" that they're your feelings is journal entries which weren't written by you, and the yelling of somebody who is currently in the process of trying to stage a coup on your body, and is thus perhaps not the most trustworthy source in the world.

Funnily enough, it's not even the first (or the last) time Ishikawa delved into that kind of theme, since you also have the Koh and Noah situation (where Noah makes it clear that she absolutely refuses to do anything that would bring harm to Koh; the lorebook expands on things to mention that they share control of her body, and that the most detrimental effect Koh suffers is frequent embarassment, due to Noah being extremely libertine while Koh herself is incredibly introverted.)

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Saigyouji posted:

The whole DRK conversation is kind of confusing to me, given that [DRK 30-50] even in EN, it's made abundantly clear that Fray isn't literally you, but a separate entity that, while sharing a body with you, has a completely separate, if tangentially aligned, agenda. When they're yelling at merchants, that's not the WoL being OOC, any more than the fight against them is you literally trying to commit suicide.

Sure, but it IS Fray through the WoL who is yelling at the merchant in the eng localization. When he's speaking to an npc he is speaking through you, making you the abrasive dipshit. In the other localizations the npc's see him as a seperate person, the Maelstrom soldier present for the berating assuming he's a friend from the Leviathan fight.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 9, 2023

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Fray is cool and good and me baby

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I thought it was obvious that even with the Esteem reveal, the "Fray" that the WoL interacts with in DRK 30-50 is at least partially a different person/the actual Fray Myste, given that they clearly know things the WoL doesn't and refer to things from Fray's personal history. The ambiguity is the interesting part, and it's a good spin on the vague "spirits of heroes past" we get from soul-crystal lore. (Machinist is also kind of riffing on that, albeit in the more obvious "you get a brand-new soul crystal for a new discipline and learn your skills from living teachers, because there's no tradition or soul ancestors yet, make it up" way.)

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I mean, the real giveaway is that "Fray" knows Conjury, as seen during the solo duties in 30-50, and Sid brings up that the Fray he knew also knew Conjury.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I was a WHM before DRK so it worked even better.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Just because you're into Wham doesn't make you a dork

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

VC dungeon spoilers

Nanamo telling me we're here to unearth history's secrets, not plunder them while I walk away with a royal sil'dihn side table

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

VC dungeon spoilers

Nanamo telling me we're here to unearth history's secrets, not plunder them while I walk away with a royal sil'dihn side table

Where'd you get the side table, I've been wanting one of those. Does it come from one of the chests?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

DanielCross posted:

I mean, the real giveaway is that "Fray" knows Conjury, as seen during the solo duties in 30-50, and Sid brings up that the Fray he knew also knew Conjury.

A more interesting part of that: Sidurgu brings up that Fray wasn't actually very good at conjury.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Where'd you get the side table, I've been wanting one of those. Does it come from one of the chests?

Yup! Only thing that wasn't decievers diamonds I've found so far, I want the minion!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yup! Only thing that wasn't decievers diamonds I've found so far, I want the minion!

Guess I just got unlucky, I can't remember if I got anything besides diamonds from my dozen runs.

The Skink is a boss chest drop (in addition to the standard drop).

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Guess I just got unlucky, I can't remember if I got anything besides diamonds from my dozen runs.

The Skink is a boss chest drop (in addition to the standard drop).

Yeah as soon as I get the last two notes I don't know if I have the heart to run it for stuff. I still don't have the starbird

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Valentin posted:

do we know if group members portraits will show up in the new comms menu? obviously you can't currently commend them so they're not listed, but I want to see my friend's stupid instant portraits much more than I want to see a rando's stupid instant portrait

They'll all show up at the start, so you'll see them there.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bruceski posted:

Every job has some good /gpose animations, but Blue Mage has SO MANY.

This is currently my favorite shot. I even added effects to jazz it up.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They're very cheap on the market board, or at least they were shortly after release, I picked one up for my bedroom.

Speaking of, I should show that off!

One corner is made up of a tailor shop. I haven't come up with an outfit to put on the mannequin. The counter is so close to the door that sometimes I spawn inside it, but if you are seriously blocked, the game will remove collision from the object if you run for a few seconds. The Allagan egg sells dyes. And garden plots for some reason.

Of course with moogle walls and floor I need matching moogle furniture. I accidentally bought ceramic moogles that go in Kingcakes rather than the stuffed moogles that go in your room, so that's a bit of missing decor I need to work on.

And the actual bed part. The corner the camera's in has a random table with my Stormblood souvenirs. The bed used to be a futon with the plush piles on top, but the clipping started to bother me, and I don't have any other Hingan styling in here. I might glitch one of the piles onto the foot of the carby bed if I can get it right.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Bloody Pom posted:

Finally got a crafter to 90, now the real endgame begins: overmelding so that I can craft something that actually matters :suicide:

Is the i590 scrip gear any good or should I just wait and get whatever 6.3 brings?

I think 6.3 will include new crafter gear, so I'd hold off spending scrip or Gil until it comes out.

Generally purple scrip crafter gear is the cheaper option if you just want to be able to craft a bit, whereas the super hard recipes require you to get the crafted gear and overmeld it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
when people talk about raid macros they mean this

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I got the parasol on my first (solo) try :shobon:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I decided to go Full Hildibrand (Although that's the Scion Adventurer's Monocle). My other option was too ridiculous for me, the Spotted Fedora and Spencer. Mostly because I have no matching pants.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Dareon posted:

I decided to go Full Hildibrand (Although that's the Scion Adventurer's Monocle). My other option was too ridiculous for me, the Spotted Fedora and Spencer. Mostly because I have no matching pants.
Then just don't wear pants.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Dareon posted:

Lol my WOL is basically the same as yours but a shade lighter in skin tone and with purple hair. I like wearing the Hildibrand suit because I like the idea that my character is just an upscale bouncer that got pulled into This poo poo.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Wrestlepig posted:

when people talk about raid macros they mean this

place one in the boss's targeting ring

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
SCH question; does Succor grant Galvanize, or is the shield some kind of generic effect? I'm sure I could have just checked this in game, but I'm just reading about skills and it doesn't specify.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it grants the same buff as adlo, yes. you can't stack em :v:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
According to GamerEscape, yes, the shield from Succor is Galvanize, just like the one from Adloquium.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Yeah, the Succor shield is considered Galvanize.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

iirc this mainly comes into play when you'd previously crit an adlo to apply Catalyze to a target. Galvanize will be absorbed first when the target takes damage.

If you want some historical context, adlo used to apply a stronger, single shield buff on a target instead of two separate buffs. part of this meant prepull setup involved your scholar fishing for a crit adlo on the tank so that they could Deploy off of them and give the entire party a massive shield. In Shadowbringers, they added Recitation (allows you to use some skills without consuming an Aetherflow stack, and guaranteeing a critical heal) but separated out the bonus shielding from a crit. It's still a crit galvanize, so deploying off of it will still give everyone some nice shielding, but less so than before the change.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vitamean posted:

iirc this mainly comes into play when you'd previously crit an adlo to apply Catalyze to a target. Galvanize will be absorbed first when the target takes damage.

Catalyze is absorbed first (This means that in combat if you crit adlo someone, and then they take some damage but not enough to completely break through catalyzse and start eating galvanise, then you use recitation, you get the full shield spreading)

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you are right! I'm thinking of sage

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah the non crit part of eukrasian prognosis gets eaten first since that feeds addersting stacks.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
See, I was thinking of whether or not it'd be useful to apply Emergency Tactics to Succor - I hadn't even considered the above stuff. Thanks, folks.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
drat, I finished up the Moogle Trove event and got all combat classes to 90 and said, "time to take a break until 6.3"

*Checked 6.3 release date.*

"lol, poo poo."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

OhFunny posted:

drat, I finished up the Moogle Trove event and got all combat classes to 90 and said, "time to take a break until 6.3"

*Checked 6.3 release date.*

"lol, poo poo."

Enjoy your night off tonight! :buddy:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I blitzed so much frontlines over the holidays that I ended up with like a 100 tomes extra after buying everything unique.

who wants a sheep

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I will be waiting with bated breath for the full patch notes on the PLD rework.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/surfacage/status/1612493997607620608?s=20&t=5tMoyiuR5TeD_C4_FCeH_A

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/Phattony92/status/1612495825606967296?s=20

i like this reply to that post, it took me a minute

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Was just about to come post that reply! Got a hearty lol myself

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"The Brightest Dawn"

:lol: