Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It helps to counter when this starts happening in a bad way:

It's really an underused feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Boxturret posted:

SA has a slow mode:eyepop:

Finally. A mode suitable for m....Eh, I'll finish this post later.

Edit:....e.

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 5, 2023

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Boxturret posted:

SA has a slow mode:eyepop:

But, enough about other posters.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I still have no idea what “slow mode” is

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Give it a bit, you’ll get it

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Not an empty quote.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
it's like fast mode, but the opposite

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My posts are from Canada but they think they’re slow, eh

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I can’t believe this. I am merely trying to make a post from my Something Awful account for the Bitcoin thread, but they are giving me this ridiculous error:

Sorry, this post cannot be completed at this time. Reason: Mod hold.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? It's not like i'm trying to post a vast amount. It's only $10 dollars worth! Also, it's not as if i haven't done this same posting, over and over to withdraw to the same bitcoin thread previously over the months.

I am a 2011 account, fully verified and Avatar'd on my somethingawful account. And not using any VPN.
I have offline confirmed my Authy two-factor verification when doing the posting.
I have made this self-same posting from the same username for years now.
So what more is there to do? What possible reason do mods have to stop a normal genuine user posting their crypto lols in a subforum? It is bad enough people losing confidence in mod teams withholding their posting speed as it is. If it it is clearly not a ‘security issue’ my end, then they are arbitrarily intervening and preventing the legal addition of my posting assets to their system - and that (even with this minuscule amount) I do NOT like.

I’m totally a believer in archiving, keeping my vast portfolio off political threads, but for the trivial attention accumulated just by bookmarking and quoting goons, they go and put a stop on me withdrawing even these peanuts? What’s to stop them taking your MAJOR post holdings !

Contacted the admin a couple of days ago and they sent me a holding email saying they will resolve, blah, blah...and i don't doubt it will all be resolved in a few days. But that's not the point here.

The point is: Even if you are the best poster in the world, at any one time, you can NEVER fully be sure your money and your rights to make bitcoin posts will not be infringed.

Absolutely true what they say folks. Nacho Keys, Nacho Coin !

drk
Jan 16, 2005
i've discovered there are a *lot* of bitcoin based novels on amazon

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

art

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

drk posted:

every post should randomly take between zero and infinity minutes to appear in the thread, as Satoshi told us this was the good and true way to use an online computer database

And what of the arms race for insatiable resource wastage? Are you so quick to forget Satoshi’s greatest gift of all

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

drk posted:

those are mostly fiction, the true lols are the non fiction ones.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I saw some youtube video about the cyrpto exchange gemini, I wasnt aware those facebook twins were behind it.

So it seems gemini is connected to genesis. Also those face book twins have alot of bitcoins but may have loaned them out or something.

Anyway else hear about this?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
there should be a :justpost: mode

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Ups_rail posted:

I saw some youtube video about the cyrpto exchange gemini, I wasnt aware those facebook twins were behind it.

So it seems gemini is connected to genesis. Also those face book twins have alot of bitcoins but may have loaned them out or something.

Anyway else hear about this?

Oh hey, the Winkevoss twins did an FTX. How bout that.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

there should be a :justpost: mode

:justpost: mode won't allow the page to be closed until you've made a post. lurking is not allowed

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Silly Newbie posted:

Oh hey, the Winkevoss twins did an FTX. How bout that.

I believe you’ll see they’re totally innocent of any wrongdoing, frankly they’re the real victims here.

Sure, they promoted their Gemini Earn accounts as if they were regular, interest bearing accounts safe for their customers. Sure, they had a big thing on their website promoting how safe it was, since they regularly checked on Genesis and ensured they were following all best practices and proper money management techniques.

How were they supposed to know those nefarious jerks would steal all that money? Holding them responsible for the product they promoted being not at all what they said it was would be frankly Unamerican.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

*cops arrest winkles seperately*

"nono you want the other twin, I'm the innocent one!"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Call Your Grandma posted:

you probably could have phrased that as "I agree with you, but" rather than "this is a bad argument". makes you not look like an rear end in a top hat.

Recently a goon responded to me with "I [didn't read the source of what you are referring to] so I'm going to assume your post is disingenuous" which is an incredible sentiment

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Jacob Wohl has to be involved in crypto right?

Edit: Lol, of course. Something called Krosscoin

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 9, 2023

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
For the latest on how DCG hosed itself through greed and idiocy, we have an explainer

https://amycastor.com/2023/01/08/cr...-huobi-binance/

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Alan Smithee posted:

One twin only tells lies while the other twin only tells lies. What do you ask to incriminate both twins?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

zedprime posted:

One twin only tells lies while the other twin only tells lies. What do you ask to incriminate both twins?

Shoot one in the leg.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

That just makes me think how that riddle played out in labyrinth.....

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

drk posted:

I see none of these guys could find a graphic designer that accepted payment in crypto.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ups_rail posted:

That just makes me think how that riddle played out in labyrinth.....

the bog of eternal stench is a crypto convention

zedprime posted:

ask them what the other's crimes are and they will tell you the truth

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

does chuck tingle have a bitcoin based book yet?

edit: of course he does

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Not the first man to be hosed by bitcoin

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Scratch Monkey posted:

does chuck tingle have a bitcoin based book yet?

edit: of course he does

Rick and Morty has poisoned my brain with cum gutters

naem
May 29, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

“the form of, an ice-helicopter!!”

twins escape to the caiman islands

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
I was upset Santa didn't get me "Binance making GBS threads the bed" for Xmas like I asked. When the tails of impending death spiral dried up I thought they may have weathered the storm for a little longer but the combination of the withdrawals that prompted this article and this article might be enough to push it over the edge before months end.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/javierpaz/2023/01/09/binance-is-bleeding-assets-12-billion-gone-in-less-than-60-days/

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Are accounts not safu then?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The contagion on FTX is deeper than I expected but probably should not have been surprising which is putting into question what the "good" exchanges are doing, while pressuring investigators to look more deeply into the shadier practices of people like Binance who definitely committed crimes of various types.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

drk posted:

Looks like rug in progress?

telegram link goes to a private group unfort

Found the tweet but all the posts are gone except for one that is a positive reply. Can they delete posts from other users?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

kw0134 posted:

The contagion on FTX is deeper than I expected but probably should not have been surprising which is putting into question what the "good" exchanges are doing, while pressuring investigators to look more deeply into the shadier practices of people like Binance who definitely committed crimes of various types.

You're thinking of conventional fiat investments. It's not illegal to break the law using crypto.

pofcorn
May 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

You're thinking of conventional fiat investments. It's not illegal to break the law using crypto.

Nixon : When the president crypto does it, it's not illegal!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Deptfordx posted:

Jacob Wohl has to be involved in crypto right?

Edit: Lol, of course. Something called Krosscoin

tied to it's Kriss stablecoin, you can utilize their Jump! platform

Tuna-Fire
Mar 4, 2001

etcetera, etcetera
Hair Elf
Binance, Coinbase, and Gemini left to go. Cmonnnn Binance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

coolusername posted:

I can’t believe this. I am merely trying to make a post from my Something Awful account for the Bitcoin thread, but they are giving me this ridiculous error:

Sorry, this post cannot be completed at this time. Reason: Mod hold.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? It's not like i'm trying to post a vast amount. It's only $10 dollars worth! Also, it's not as if i haven't done this same posting, over and over to withdraw to the same bitcoin thread previously over the months.

I am a 2011 account, fully verified and Avatar'd on my somethingawful account. And not using any VPN.
I have offline confirmed my Authy two-factor verification when doing the posting.
I have made this self-same posting from the same username for years now.
So what more is there to do? What possible reason do mods have to stop a normal genuine user posting their crypto lols in a subforum? It is bad enough people losing confidence in mod teams withholding their posting speed as it is. If it it is clearly not a ‘security issue’ my end, then they are arbitrarily intervening and preventing the legal addition of my posting assets to their system - and that (even with this minuscule amount) I do NOT like.

I’m totally a believer in archiving, keeping my vast portfolio off political threads, but for the trivial attention accumulated just by bookmarking and quoting goons, they go and put a stop on me withdrawing even these peanuts? What’s to stop them taking your MAJOR post holdings !

Contacted the admin a couple of days ago and they sent me a holding email saying they will resolve, blah, blah...and i don't doubt it will all be resolved in a few days. But that's not the point here.

The point is: Even if you are the best poster in the world, at any one time, you can NEVER fully be sure your money and your rights to make bitcoin posts will not be infringed.

Absolutely true what they say folks. Nacho Keys, Nacho Coin !

I sent you that in confidence